[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 870950-resident_evil_4_box_pal.jpg (27KB, 422x591px) Image search: [Google]
870950-resident_evil_4_box_pal.jpg
27KB, 422x591px
>/v/ suddenly thinks this is a bad game
>>
It is bad.
>>
It is bad, bad if you think bad means good.
This game is a masterpiece, it was the highlight of the series and I have so much nostalgia for my PS2 days. This game is nearly perfect.
>>
>suddenly

The contrarian shits that infest this board have been complaining about it since the board was created because it's too popular

Just ignore their retardation.
>>
Highly influential but I fucking hate these Capcom games that have no substance
>>
Shadows of the Damned exists so of course it sucks now.
>>
>>376821814
WHAT YOU BUYING?
>>
>>376821814
it was popular then because it was a
>babies first

most of /v/ then never played the originals which were survival horror.

This was action adventure with horror elements for them, it was also the first they played so it was exciting and new for them.
>>
Don't listen to /v/, just fucking dont. This place has shit taste and shit analysis. This place runs on nostalgia and shitposting. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Do not listen to /v/. This place shitposted in irony until the ironic shitposting became its reality.
>>
>>376822320
yeah, I feel torn about RE4. REmake was my first one and I loved it. I played some of the others, then RE4. RE4 is fucking excellent and a great game, but after seeing RE 5 and 6, I dont know if this was the right direction for the series.

However, I did really enjoy RE7 and was glad that the games were going back to some of their roots. Albeit with some exception
>>
>>376821814
If you're honest with yourself you'll admit that it's not aging well TWO decades over. The first decade, sure but holy shit every dog has it's day.
>>
>>376822320
I played the originals and they were shit. Silent Hill shit all over Resident Evil and Resident Evil only has one good game in the series, except maybe the new one which I haven't bothered playing.
>>
>>376822320
We didn't play them because we didn't fucking like them as much.

Again, being older thus playing something older does not put you above someone who played a thing first, dipshit.
>>
>>376822320

Baby's first what? I had played all the RE games before it, and I liked RE4 as a great game in its own right. I would've preferred if they went back to the classic style afterwards instead of what we got for RE5 and RE6 though.
>>
>>376821814
Can't walk and shoot, so stupid. How do you defend that?
>>
RE4 is a 10/10 game.
>>
>>376823182
It's supposed to evoke the arcade of experience of being stuck on a screen with enemies slowly coming towards you with your only defense being the accuracy of your shots.
>>
>>376821814
modern /v/ hasn't played it

they're too young to have played it
>>
It didn't just kill its own series. It managed to kill the entire survival horror genre.
I have trouble thinking of a single player game that had more of a detriment to the games industry.
>>
>>376821814
No we don't.
>>
RE4 has always been a great game, it's just summer starting to flood in with underage shitposters who were shitting in diapers when the game was first released.
>>
>>376823182
I know but it works and the game was designed for it.
>>
>>376823429
>its not RE1-3 therefor it's bad
okay but do you have an actual point
>>
>>376821814
Nobody really thinks that. They're just baiting you
>>
>>376823182
>All games must be designed the same
The game was balanced for it. Enemies are slow, and with with the exception of JJ, not a single enemy has a gun in the game. I couldn't imagine what a casual shitfest it would have been if you could have just strafed around the villagers.
>>
File: OoTcomeback.png (64KB, 754x455px) Image search: [Google]
OoTcomeback.png
64KB, 754x455px
Eventually the bubble will burst and people will run back just like OoT. Hurry up and make a RE4 critical video talking about how it's too slow and the puzzles aren't good. You too could become an overnight sensation like Arin.
>>
>>376823832
>Had analytical reasons written out about why it was great and had fantastic design
>Nobody would pay attention because it's not retarded and contrarian
Arin's OoT video proves he doesn't know shit.
>>
>>376821814
just bought a cheap copy from ebay and dusted off my old gamecube and crt tv niggas
>>
>>376822320
Nigger I played RE2 first and grew up with the rest. I was hyped as fuck for RE4 when it was announced exactly because of that. It's a classic, even if it doesn't appeal to your contrarian hipster bullshit.
>>
>>376822224
I like SotD but it has no replay value.

RE4 has tons of unlockables and new modes
>>
>>376822224
SotD is good, but it lacks the polish and design decisions that made RE4 great. I really like SotD, and it's probably my favorite RE4 clone, but it still doesn't stack up.

What do you guys think? What's the best RE4-like? Shadows of the Damned? Alan Wake? Evil Within? Dead Space? Maybe another that I don't know about?
>>
>>376821814
It's pretty good, but not RE7 good.
>>
Best game of 6th gen.
>>
>>376822108
Literally what did he mean by this

>>376822224
Shadows of the dammned has way worse set piece/level design, has key mechanics that even capcom didn't realize were a big part of RE4 like ashley, the intentionally limited movement/shooting controls and the attache case

>>376822320
RE4 is way more survival horror than any of the previous games (exept for REmake). A dog jumping through a window is not "horror", it's a fucking jumpscare that can be replicated by a shitty flash game and the games gave you tons of ammo and resources to survive if you weren't a total moron. RE4 versions besides the gamecube actually give you LESS ammo overall than the other games do in a game where you're expected to be in combat constantly, and having to protect vulnerable ashley is way more survival based than any of the super competent people in the previous games.

As for horror, RE4 has a fantastic tense atmosphere and enemies as well as stuff like instant kill moves and traps to keep you on your toes. This along with ashley make RE4 a game that makes you nervous because of gameplay, not just because a loud noise happened and your caveman instincts took over for a second like the previous games.

>>376822682
blaming RE4 for RE5 and 6 is retarded given those games are only superficially similar to RE4 and miss all the elements that actually made it great

>>376822793
>games can "age"

>>376823182
the entire game is designed around it, you're supposed to think about when you move to avoid hits and when you attack, it's a classic staple of video game design to make your combat more involved that goes back to fucking asteroids. Also generally moving while shooting makes your aim total dogshit and that's something a trained operator like leon wouldn't want to do when he needs to make every shot count, but I understand that arguing realism in a game about parasites that turn people into monsters might not be the place for realism.
>>
>Mod made a videogame thread unbumpable
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.