[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13

What went wrong?
>>
Shoji Meguro is washed up
>>
Everything
>>
Fags on /v/ trying to force a negative opinion on a game that is genuinely pretty good.
>>
Makoto ruined the game when she showed up
>>
Oh look it's another "let's try to force a negative opinion on a good game because crowd mentality is a thing."

Fuck off, shit lord.
>>
File: 1494093482412.jpg (57KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494093482412.jpg
57KB, 960x540px
>>376820110
Lame side events. Hawaii, the beach and the fireworks festival were all incredibly bland.
Still the best Persona game yet.
>>
>>376820690
>>376820902
>BAAAAWWWW GO AWAY FROM MY HUGBOX U MEANIE!!!! :(((((
>STOP CRITICIZING MUH PERFECT DATING VN BAAAWWWW
Fucking sad desu.
>>
>>376820984
F-/10 See me after class.
>>
File: 250px-LTG_rapeface.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-LTG_rapeface.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
Like a lot of things the game doesn't give a straight answer to anything yet expects you
to believe what they're doing is morally questionable when the people who they steal hearts from one dimensional cartoon villains.
The only reason why Sae wants to apprehend you is to salvage her own reputation, the only person who objects your actions and think what you're doing is wrong is a deranged murder plotting revenge, there's no gray middle ground despite the aesthetics trying to tell you otherwise.
If you were expecting Lupin what you're going to get is Ace Attorney instead.
>>
>>376821031
Not an argument.
>>
>>376820110
absolutely nothing.
>>
>>376821116
Neither was yours and the whole purpose of this thread is just bait. You shit heads to do to every objectively good game and then try to shill shit like Horizon and Uncharted as good games. You probably don't even think they are good, you just do it to bait-trigger. This isn't even about Persona. Fuck off, shit-bird.
>>
>>376820223
>meguro is washed up
What the fuck happened? The OST feels so bland and uninspired, it's got a few good tracks but so many more are forgettable. I hope he cleans up his act for 6 or the Fantasy RPG
>>
>>376821084
>all villains need to be deep and complex with motivations better than main cast's
Sincerely consider suicide.
>>
Can you morons stop replying to bait threads?
>>
>>376821416
How about every villain isn't the same thing?

Is that so hard?
>>
File: Valvrave Election.jpg (108KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
Valvrave Election.jpg
108KB, 700x900px
Hi, I'm Ann and my character is all over the place and I stop being relevant after Makoto is introduced

Hi, I'm Yusuke and I have 0 story relevance.

Hi I'm Haru, why Am I even there?

Hi I'm Makoto, I'm here to be the main character's mouthpiece.

Hi, I'm Ryuji and my character development is some self realization after 90 hours that barely affect my character.

Bare in mind this took 8 years, 2920 days to come up with characters like this.

Atlus are garbage
>>
>>376821565
In what way is Madarame the same as Kamoshida? In what way is Kamodshida the same as Kaneshiro?
>>
>>376821664
>I stop being relevant after Makoto is introduced

Her and everyone else in the group.

Makoto gets to be the demi-MC while the rest of the cast is reduced to saying completely obvious bullshit.
>>
File: you will never see it coming.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you will never see it coming.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Goro story line was terrible.
>>
>>376821349
It was so much stronger than 3 or 4. The only song I dislike is Rivers in a Desert.
>>
>>376821764
They're all one dimensional evil villains, it gets real tiring knowing most of targets are some evil douchebag
>>
Waifu garbage.
>>
>>376821925
So in other words no, the characters are not similar at all like you claimed but are simply written in a way to make the player dislike them. And since you brought up "targets" I totally forgot Futaba and Sae were villains as well.
>>
They put more effort into flashy menus than anything else
>>
File: Disgusting.png (888KB, 1253x695px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
888KB, 1253x695px
Terrible, terrible cast

Velvet room team talk was the peak realization of shitty the cast was
>>
>>376822214
The velvet room scene only failed because it wasn't voice acted for some fucking reason.
>>
>>376822214
They were more likable than 3s and less shallow than 4s. Half of them become irrelevant after their arc is through but that's always been the case.
>>
File: Loki.jpg (244KB, 479x704px) Image search: [Google]
Loki.jpg
244KB, 479x704px
>>376820110
>team doesn't really hang out and just talk like in P4, you get a few lines in Mementos and during texts but other than that it's all business
>When you finally take down Pancake Lord the team decides murder is ok and forgives him for it by asking him to re-join the team. This includes Haru
>can't fuse Loki
>doing the smallest task wastes a day/night so you have very little time to just chill out and do random things or explore Mementos
>barely any special romance situations, even Hawaii is unchanged if you have a gf already
>the game obsesses over Futaba and everyone else becomes irrelevant after she appears
>a lot of items don't transfer into NG+ like the eternal lockpick

Aside from that I enjoy P5 a hell of a lot.
>>
>>376822104
>I totally forgot Futaba and Sae were villains as well.

>most

You can read right?
Futaba literally asked them to come anyways.

>he characters are not similar at all like you claimed

I clearly said that there is not one actual target that that had any motives beyond being a douchebag including sae who really only cared about promotion and doesn't really care about your actions or motives, she just wants to bring you in just for that
>>
>>376820984
>I just want another TORtanic let me shitpost please
>>
>>376820110
Your tastes
>>
>>376822403
>The velvet room scene only failed because it wasn't voice acted for some fucking reason.

Nigga even if it was voiced it doesn't change the fact how terrible the dialogue was. They needed the MC to say corny shit like don't give up to stop them from being in depression instantly.

>>376822645
>They were more likable than 3s and less shallow than 4s.

Pfft atleast 3 characters didn't revolve themselves around the MC in the main story and actually talked to each other. The only actual likable character who was legit serious about his shit was Yusuke, the autistic fag, you gotta be kidding me.

>b-but it's always happened

Not an argument, this took them 8 years to fucking make. There was no excuse to fall for the same mistake they did with Naoto and make it even worse with Haru here
>>
>>376822214
The end-game was so off the rails terrible compared to early game. The cast gets even preachier than P4 did, it drives me up the wall.
>>
Lots of memey writing elitism in here :^)
>>
lol I just skipped all the dialogue and cutscenes who would want to watch that homo boring shit
>>
The game has an incredible start with the feeling of loneliness and everyone hating you. Even then you're willing to help people out. It kind of falls apart once Makoto comes in and they absolutely wasted the potential they had with Akechi. The ending comes out of nowhere and feels like an obligation.
>>
>>376820110

They made a Persona game.

Best one I played, though
>>
>>376823118
It took 3 years to make. I'll look for the interview where they say this. Half of the cast for 3 and 4 were bland as shit.
>>
File: 1493282425376.png (190KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493282425376.png
190KB, 872x632px
>timeskip from january to valentine then to last day in april.
> short summer beach scene
> no bath house scene
> no winter break scene
> no kurismasu scene
> cant romance haru's boyfriend
> dlc song tied to dlc costume
crimson when
>>
>>376820110
The group texting was very repetitive, they could have taken that out.
Should have added in more sound tracks as it was a 90+ hour game.
Drunk Yukiko--I mean Ohya, was shit and a waste of a confidant.
Slice-of-Life moments could've been better and more of it. This would've helped with the group dynamic.
Still GOTY so far. Just started playing P3 FES and now I see how much I took P5's UI for granted.
>>
>>376820110
Story starts strong and takes a dive after Madarame, it kinda recovers at the end but never reaches the strong beginning.

Pacing is awful and story events are dragged on and on by continuously repeating the same shit over and over. Also every fucking shit from the side events to the SL has to deal with the PT which makes everything tiresome.

Dungeons are meh in general, they are a step above Tartarus and P4 dungeons but they also tend to drag by adding shitty puzzles or backtracking.

>>376821084
Main problem with the villains is that they don't have the same impact as Kamoshida and to some extend Madarame due to lack of screentime or interaction with your group. Most of them are more plot devices than characters.
>>
>>376823641
>crimson when

PS5 + PC release 2020.
>>
>>376823118
"Mr. Meguro, the Persona 5 soundtrack has 110 tracks on it alone. How are you able to produce such a significant quantity of music without the quality suffering?
Meguro: [Laughs] Time was on my side. We were working on this title for about three years so I had a lot of time to make the music."
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/persona-5-creators-talk-legacy-character-design-and-j-pop-w480818
>>
>>376823630
>It took 3 years to make.

Kek so what the fuck happened since 2008? Fans still were made to wait 8 years and then they delayed the games multiple times for "polish" just to give out this turd of characters

>b-but the others are still like this

Still damage controlling trying to act like shitty characters should be accepted

>>
>tokyo girls arent loose they should be

might as well be in inaba
>>
All the bosses after kamoshida have no demon form. Kaneshiro is just purple, and madarame's portraits don't count.

Even Shido's shadow is just him except super roided, why they decided not to make the demons look like actual DEMONS was a major flaw and shows soejima being incredibly lazy with character design.

Honestly the first half of the game is the best most well-structured part, after kamoshida is finished you can tell they rushed the rest.
>>
>>376821664
You also forgot about Futaba's existence as a plot device. I felt like the characters just lacked much characterization and development. By the end of the game I only felt attached to maybe half the cast while the rest were just kind of there. The social links were also mediocre to bad for the most part. There were a total of maybe 4 good ones.

Also, the writing was complete garbage post 11/20. All the plot twists felt contrived and rushed. Everything to do with Akechi and the final dungeon was just plain awful. That being said I still liked the game, I just wish some aspects of it were better.
>>
>>376820110
Development hell. Game starts off good but the wheels fall off later on. You can tell the team didn't get their shit together and just ran out of time because it took too long for them to figure out what they wanted to do. The presentation is top notch but the quality of all the optional content is pretty bad, the later dungeons are a chore, and basically all the writing after the second dungeon sucks. You can tell they literally ran out of time and started bullshitting right about when Makoto joins the party because up to that point things were proceeding quite well.

Also the game really talks down to the player with the constant cutting away to Sae so she can tell you something you already know in a shitty cutscene just to make sure, or the character dialogue that constantly does the same.
>>
>>376824123
Catherine, spin-offs, and remakes.
>>
>>376820110
No PC version.
>>
>>376820110

I think my biggest gripe is that after the first month every single npc in the entire game talks about the phantom thieves and nothing else. I much preferred p3 and p4 where npcs would talk about themselves and things relating to normal Japanese life, like the depressed taxi driver in P3 or the girl who hates her new teacher for being boring.

Also why was there no emphasis on school at all? You hardly ever were there and even when you do hang around all anybody talks about is the phantom thieves, I wish the storyline was still about being a covert hero instead of media hungry ones

Even so it's still the best persona game yet, can't wait for a perfect version to get released later
>>
>>376824458
This is bullshit. P5 is by far the most cohesive game in the franchise. The game is already fucking 100 hours long. Any more content would be fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>376824123
>so what the fuck happened since 2008
They didnt automatically begin making 5 after 4. Getting ideas for a game takes time and there were other spin-offs and remakes between that period
>>
Just started Okumura's palace after getting Haru, and holy fuck her English voice acting is just Fuuka all over again, it sounds so bizarrely out of taste where everyone else sounds pretty good. Also fuck Morgana for acting like a wounded pariah, easily the most forced "CARE ABOUT ME" character, up there with Aigis in terms of how forced they are
>>
>>376824753

He didn't say anywhere that it should have been longer or had more content I think you need to read the post again. He's saying that the 100 hours we got felt rushed story wise and dialogue wise
>>
>>376824760
But mainly Catherine since that was the entire Persona team.
>>
>>376824889

Really? That sucks because I don't like Catherine, I hope there's never a sequel
>>
I liked it up until 11/19. From there on the exposition dumps and pacing just sapped my motivation and I could only play the game in 30 minute slices. Ending fell flat for me, didn't really get that feeling I usually do at the end of P3 and 4 where it feels like your leaving a second life behind.

Dunno how much of that has to do with the fact that I'm kinda just too used to the whole setup at this point. I barely even pay attention during S Links, I just want to rank them up. I basically just find myself crunching numbers and it's not that fun after a while.
>>
>>376824753

I didn't say the game needed more content I said much of the optional content it does have is bad. It's clearly halfassed and perfunctory with a lot of stuff, and to me that's a clear sign of dev crunch and too much stuff being changed over the development period.
>>
>>376824026
I think Kaneshiro was being built up to be a good villian, but his lack of screentime was what really set him back. They foreshadowed his extortion ring within the first month of the game, but so much more could have been attached to it. I think the MC should have been blackmailed into it from the start instead of the wackshit Makoto pulled to get you to meet him.

Okumura could have been better as well and should have been worked on more to give more meaning to Haru's appearance.

Shido being the, "Mastermind," behind all the shit was very easy to see coming. I thought it was a complete asspull for the story to state, off-hand, that Kaneshiro and Madarame had ties to him. That was such a load of shit.
>>
>>376824994

Sounds like you need to think less about th dungeon side of things and just do whatever you feel like during your free time like it's just a life simulator, if you're really such a veteran the game is far easy enough to never think about stats
>>
>>376824993
Probably won't be. The main members of the team that did P3, P4, P5, and Catherine is now in charge of new IPs at Atlus. I'm worried P6 will suck because of new people, but new IP with a strong team is refreshing as hell.
>>
>>376824191
Madaramre's portraits definitely count but they still could have been more creative with it personally I would have had the team dragged into different paintings and his form changing depending on the painting itself so for one he would be The Scream for example the rest however were pretty shit but Shido does make sense, he has the cognition research so he could have found a way to harness his shadow or something.
>>
>>376824993
Kys

Even though the story and cast were pretty shit the puzzles were fun as fuck and seeing competitive catherine is fun as shit every year
>>
>>376821921
this tbf

Soundtrack is GOAT contrarians will shit on it just because it's in a more mainstream title.

Even autistic 2chan japs think the OST is the best yet.
>>
>>376824780
This, fuck Aigis, Teddy, and Morgana. Mascot characters are the worst
>>
>>376825138
You mean P6 might be good because we'll finally get a fresh persona game like what 3 was to 1 and 2 with it's own structure.

Then again i doubt that since they'll probably try to replicate the same shit
>>
>>376820962
This
>you will never get Operation Babe Hunt 2.0
Maybe they'll fix it in the inevitable re-release
>>
>>376825009
Eh I just don't think development hell was the reason. I think this was caused by being too ambitious for their time frame. They should have cut the bank palace because that was my least favorite part of the game and contributes little to the story.
>>
>>376825148

>kys

Opinion disregarded, faggot.
>>
>>376821664
fuck off with this pasta
>>
>>376825096
>just do whatever you feel like during your free time like it's just a life simulator
Yeah but after playing P3 and 4 multiple times the novelty of simulating a comfy japanese life has worn off for the most part, so now I look to doing well in the game for enjoyment.
>>
>>376825218
Kys.

yaldabaoth was garbage compared to Nyx's theme.

P5 didn't even change it's tracks during seasons indicating mood changes, no variety and forced to listen to that garbage Mementos track
>>
>>376825264
Atlus now has a division completely devoted to Persona and it brings in their most money. I think they'll play it safe to print money. I'm probably just being cynical since Atlus is a reliable company.
>>
>>376825296

The game was delayed 2 years dude. That's literally what development hell is.
>>
>>376820110
>otaku pandering trash
>reddit tier characters
>awful padding
>should have been 50 hours long, not 100
>high school tier writing
>>
>>376825423
I fucking loved Jaldabaoth. I'd like the Nyx boss more if they didn't have the fucking Velvet Room throw back. It seems forced and doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>376825476
I thought that was just for needing time to convert to hd and underestimating how long that would take. I always think of development hell as an unfocussed direction for a project.
>>
>>376824753
I wish my playthrough was recorded so I could pinpoint how they've managed to go 20-40 hours over P3/P4 while still writing a weaker story.

>>376825276
P4G includes operation babe hunt 2.0 with Yosuke and Kanji in the new location they introduce.
>>
>>376825423
kill yourself amigo.

the vast majority of the soundtrack was better than anything in P3.
>>
I missed the school activities from the old games. Never really felt like I was part of Shujin Academy.
>>
>>376825423

I think the changing of tracks with the seasons is practically guaranteed for any Crimson edition that may release.

I couldn't work out why they didn't change tracks for seasons but changed tracks when it rained even though weather has no plot relevance in this game. Also I couldn't understand why the game hinted at snow coming with there being foggy cold days and flu season and that one day the streets are iced over, but never any snow or comfy winter scenes just 100% serious plot then boom game over. To end the game on Christmas Day I mean why kek, imagine you moved to a town made best friends forever then you were deported from the country on Boxing Day that's practically what the game does with the time skip
>>
>>376825657
I think the story was strong but needed to be fleshed out. I liked how they combined confidants and the vacations to really bring this phantom thief idea to life. Part of me wishes it had the slice of life feel of P4, but I think it only works in P4 since it's supposed to be like a TV show.
>>
>>376825770
Wasn't that the point though?

One of the themes the game bats you around the head with from the start is that your character is a bit of an outcast
>>
>>376825770
That was kind of the point though you are immediately isolated from everyone due to Kamoshida's actions and the whole game pushes the "people without somewhere they belong finding their place." Getting involved with school stuff would actively contradict one of the games main themes. I don't think the devs every really wanted you to feel like you belonged at Shujin.
>>
File: 1494689782043m.jpg (89KB, 852x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494689782043m.jpg
89KB, 852x1024px
>>376820110
It made me realize that I have low tier friends irl
>>
>>376825671
>>376825423
>>376825330

Telling people to kill themselves should get you an automatic ban for being underage

Please stop posting in this thread
>>
Stopped trying to steal treasures after the 2nd dungeon despite that being the main theme premise
>>
>>376820110
>press x to watch your waifu hit something
JRPG is fucking dead, japanese games are only pathetic waifubait because that's all there is to it. but western games cater to the more refined tastes of the true patricians who understand what a beautiful woman looks like.
>>
>>376825218
>All Meguro has done is persona

Give me his DDS/Nocturne/Raidou tier performance
>>
>>376825871
Only big complaint with P5. The moments I felt the most helpless in P5 were in the beginning at school and in November when I knew I was about to get arrested.
I felt like I was too OP and untouchable for the the final dungeon to feel like Yaldabouth was oppressing us. I wish they would have given you another 2-3 weeks after Tokyo merges with Mementos so you could walk around in this hellish area while no one notices the difference. I think it would have fixed a lot of the rushed pacing problems near the end.
>>
File: 00502.jpg (514KB, 1349x906px) Image search: [Google]
00502.jpg
514KB, 1349x906px
>All those P4babbies in this thread who wanted more high school life and anime hijinks
The level of cancer here is off the charts, seriously thanks Atlus for not listenign to their fanbase
>>
>>376826286
3/10, some idiot will fall for it though
>>
>>376826827
Isn't that what persona is for? If I wanted good gameplay I would just play mainline.
>>
>>376826696
>I wish they would have given you another 2-3 weeks after Tokyo merges with Mementos so you could walk around in this hellish area while no one notices the difference
"Nee Protagonist-kun, should go for a date at the ferris wheel while the city is merging with an alternate reality?"
Your idea would have made the game even more ridiculous
Fortunately none of you are working in game development
>>
The beginning took way to long, the ending on the other hand was too short
>>
>>376827042
That was only Persona 4.
>>
>>376827042
Mainline game play has not been good since Nocturne.
>>
>>376827058
I didn't want social links during that shit. I wanted something that captured that beautiful end of the world feeling in January of Persona 3.
>>
>>376827276
Even P3 feels more like a highschool sim than P5.
>>
>>376827398
Final has the best mechanics (fusion included) to date

Its only flaw is the party members and no alignment
>>
File: 1430445268360.png (176KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1430445268360.png
176KB, 500x343px
>>376827848
>smirk still exist
>still no vit
>stats are still too high
>>
>>376827848

the stat system is still pretty shit
>>
so /v/ hates this game now?
>>
>>376828015

>>smirk still exist
I forgive smirk for existing because it fixes hama and mudo
>>
>>376828151
>thread filled with varying opinions
Yeah, everyone hates it.
>>
>>376828151

>consistently has 4+ simultaneous threads at any given time since release

/v/ sure hates this game
>>
Why the fuck is "Part time job, full time hell" a bitch to unlock
>>
>>376827848
It's only flaw is everything not related to the gameplay.
>>
>>376828476

Music was topnotch once again.
>>
>>376828285
If they made phys HP-based instead and brought back VIT, SMTV will be 10/10
>>
>>376828587
True.

But that's a given with SMT.
>>
>>376828476
Both IV's OST are the best of Atlus at the moment
>>
>>376823641
>no bath house scene

This is a positive change. Do we really need the P5 edition of

>Kya! Why are there men here when it's the womens time to use the baths
>Wait, it turns out it actually was their turn. Oh well!
>>
File: aaa.png (180KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
180KB, 500x405px
>>376820110
Not much that I can think of honestly. It has its issues, but none enough to hinder my experience overall. The English can be a bit nonsensical and just incorrect sometimes, the music for Mementos, a dungeon you have to go to all the fucking time, is annoying as hell, I don't like how doing anything in Mementos cuts off character dialogue, I feel like the general ending of the game is a bit overdone, even if it was still kinda cool, and I think it was kinda weird that Haru and Futaba ended up kinda sympathizing with Gora despite the face that he literally killed their parents.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I still love the game all the same.
>>
>>376829385
>Gora
*Goro
>>
It focused too heavily on the story which was a mistake because Persona writing is garbage. They railroaded it so fucking hard it felt like a cry for attention. I don't know though. They can't seem to find a meaningful balance with anything. 3 had too much free time of nothing, 4 had too many fucking SoL events, and 5 was too heavy on the main story. 5 felt the worst to me though in its imbalance because it had to sacrifice character development and player choice too much.
>>
Everything after madarame sucks, I had to force myself to continue
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.