[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how are you supposed to kill this mothefucker? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
So how are you supposed to kill this mothefucker? I remember coming back after Lost Izalith and Dragonslayer Bow spamming him to death but I doubt that is the legit way. How are you supposed to kill him?

Every time I try melee, he keeps flying and spamming flames. If I happen to get in to melee range and get a couple of shot in, he still keeps trying to get away, get flying and spamming flames. What the fuck? What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>376809107
Go under the bridge and arrow his tail
>>
>>376809107
You are supposed to ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________gitgud______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
You really can't kill him legitamently because he's designed to be fucking impossible. If you fight him he just flies up and roasts the shit out of you.
>>
>>376809107
1. manus catalyst
2. 50+ int
3. power within
4. dark bead
>>
>>376809107
You aren't supposed to kill him, you are supposed to go under the bridge or maybe even outrun him.
At least when you get there for the first time.
It's actually a really cool thing that you even are able to kill the red dragon. In most other games this would be just a clear "can't-kill-me" obstacle.
>>
>>376809312
He jumps down if you get close, allowing you to kill him. He hurts like a bitch even in NG.
>>
>>376809107
Beating this thing always confused me. You can fight him on the bridge, but he torches the whole thing in seconds and good luck having enough stamina to take it
>>
>>376809416
Unless you can kill him in like 3 hits he just flies straight up and breathes fire down on you which unless you're way over leveled is gonna kill you in one hit.
>>
File: 1463877038191.jpg (63KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463877038191.jpg
63KB, 535x960px
There's very specific ways to kill him that people have come up with, anyone who says to "gitgud" is just shitposting. He's not meant to be killed, but there's strats.

Just look up some of LobosJr's runs, he knows how to fight the drake pretty well with melee. If you really can't do melee, then just break his tail with arrows. Every time you break the tail, it has a chance to instantly kill him. Keep trying over and over.
>>
>get fire resistant gear and shield
>kite him down
>hurt hum
>if he flies up, shield yourself against his breath
>repeat till he dies and hope he dies before he flies away before you have killed him
>>
>>376809107
I remember I beat him legit just before I beat the game. I returned and fought him on the bridge. If you stay hidden next to the wall and just wait a bit he will jump on the bridge, then it's a race to DPS him before he torches you.
>>
>>376809107
>I remember coming back after Lost Izalith and Dragonslayer Bow spamming him to death but I doubt that is the legit way.
That is the legit way. Fighting him in close quarters is trash because he'll just keep spamming the breath attack and flying away from you. Even if you have a greatshield his breath with eat through your stamina bar like it's nothing. The only thing you can reasonably do is wait for him to swoop down for the first time and land enough DPS to kill him before he flies away for his breath attack. Otherwise you just have to move back and forth between the side area safespots and occasionally get a hit in when he's not being a shit.
He's not a real enemy, he's an obstacle. It's evident from the fact that he's not required to fight at any point, not an actual boss, and to the point doesn't drop anything apart from the Drake Sword from his tail (which doesn't require fighting him in the first place) and a measly 10K souls.
>>
>>376809535
>Every time you break the tail, it has a chance to instantly kill him. Keep trying over and over.
You learn something new every day huh? I thought I knew this game in and out.
>>
You know, I never tried it, but would Gravelord Greatsword Dance work well on him? I'd have thought multiple pillars would hit him for pretty heavy damage. Obviously Firestorm spells would be shit because of his fire resistance.
Alternatively, is Pursuers/Soulmass spells any good?
>>
Lightning Iaito +5 did the trick. I dunno what your problem was

the bleed is real[\spoiler]
>>
File: knigga.png (481KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
knigga.png
481KB, 1360x768px
>>376809107
just spear him you pussy
>>
>>376809107
I always just waited for him to come down, wack him in the head once and hide down the stairs until he goes back. Repeat that hit and run srtat forever( good luck trying it with a dagger) and he can die even with a fresh level 3 character.
>>
>>376809535
First of all, Lobos became a hiant faggot over the past 2 years. 2nd of all, I'm gonna need some source on the insta-death chance. Never seen it, never had it happen, never heard about it.
>>
>>376809535
>>376810374
>instakill with cutting off the tail
>when he clearly has a visible hp pool
>and the tail falls off when u deal x% of dmg to him

don't listen to that scrub, no wonder he's talking about jewtubers in his post. 1st time u encounter the drake, you're meant to go under the bridge around him. If you got balls, u can bait him to fly down and run past him through the game to the sunlight altar bonfire, both ways are very easy to do for even a sl10 character. Killing him is hard, time consuming, and barely worth since he drops like 5k souls. Fukin git gut scrubs
>>
>>376810374
Not him but i've seen a dude kill the hellkite with a pyro only build. Only thing that could damage him was blackflame and he had to do the instakill glitch cause of limited casts.
Basically you have to time the tail cut as the dragon turns down on the bridge. The tail cut stun puts part of him under the bridge and when he tries to move the game basically treats it as if he fell and kills him for you.
It's a pretty inconsistent glitch and 60 fps probably make it harder.
>>
>>376810615
>talks shit like he knows something
>drops like 5k souls

It's 20k you retard. Entirely worth it depending on where you are in the game, and there's PLENTY of strats for fighting it with melee aswell.

>>376810761 explained it. I had this happen the first time I broke his tail.
>>
>>376810761
>Not him but i've seen a dude kill the hellkite with a pyro only build
Sounds pointless. At that point you might as well just use Power Within and a decent weapon.
>>
>>376809107
Full Havel+resist rings+Flash Sweat to tank that shit and whack away with the hardest hitting non-fire heavy weapon you have
>>
>>376811113
Yes, thank you captain obvious.
>>
>>376811113
I was just explaining why he had to resort to the glitch.
>>
Literally just get him to drop down by walking to the correct part of the bridge, hit him, then use a Black Knight Shield to block the fire.
dumbo
>>
I cant really recall how I did that but I guess I was provoking him to fly down, smacking his legs few times and hiding on stairs when he was performing his flame breath attack. PRetty straightforward, only takes long time.
>>
>>376810761
So it's a glitch. Thanks.
>>
>>376809532
Just run into the gate that he sits on top of.
>>
>>376811272
>use a Black Knight Shield to block the fire
Sounds like horseshit. I had 40 End and Havel's GS and it still ate through my stamina like it was nothing.
>>
>>376809107
>Wait for him to jump down
>Hit his feet a bit
>When he jumps across to the other side run back down and reset him
Kind of cheesy though.
When he does that fly up and breathe a column of fire straight down attack to the left and the right of the column are safespots where you can't be hit.
>>
>>376811272
Black Knight's Shield only gives 95% fire resistance and even then raising a shield against the Hellkite Drake is more likely to kill you since the fire chews through your stamina and you end up taking a second hit once you stagger.
>>
flash sweat
>>
>>376809191
Cutting his tail will not kill him

>>376809312
There's shit like bonfire and/or covenant NPC's behind him so he's definitely meant to be killable, it's just funny how hard he is what with being completely committed to flying around spewing extremely high damage flames while leaving very small windows for getting melee damage on him
>>
>>376809107
I used ranged attacks, and a good cover. And even doing that you will get killed a lot until you find the right timming. Also, its a long battle doing it this way.
>>
>>376812185
>flash sweat
What's the point? If you get into a situation where he hits you with his breath attack you're already pretty fucked regardless. If you're using Pyromancy you'd be better off using Power Within and your highest DPS weapon to kill him before he starts spamming his swooping breath attack. I mean fire defense is fine and all but having poise is actually worse since that just means you can be hit by the breath multiple times. Maybe the Gold Hemmed Set + Flame SPR + Flash Sweat might get okay results, but still.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.