[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: sf5-ryu-key-artwork[1].jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf5-ryu-key-artwork[1].jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong?
>>
Shit neutral and shit cast, just like 3s.
>>
Not enough emphasis on Chun-Li's thighs.
>>
>>376799669
Took too many steps appealing to the esports crowd with casual ideas, but nothing casuals actually like, resulting in a very meh game that left very few people happy.

Unless the coming seasons REALLY pull a 180 fast, 5 will probably be a bigger, but still sour, footnote right next to SFxT in "good idea, TERRIBLE execution.
>>
>>376799669
They changed the fundamentals of SF to make most of the game take place in throw range, which creates a scramble and makes things more random.
The neutral is now an avoidable obstacle to get into that range, as AA are bad and you can't react to dashes.

So the gameplay isn't SF at all, but with SF characters. This alienated a large amount of old school players.

The casual fans got alienated by absolutely zero(0) content on launch. And when they added content later, it was shitty and too late. The UI is awful, netcode is the worst among modern fighters, it's still not in the state it should have been released in yadda yadda.
They really shit the bed.

>>376800225
>Unless the coming seasons REALLY pull a 180
I don't think so. By removing invincible reversals they really doubled down on their gameplay design in S2. Buffing certain characters showed they only want to "create hype" for stream viewers.

I feel sorry for anyone still playing this game.
>>
Still no arcade mode
>>
>>376800959
That's a shame, because I really wanted to like it more, it's the first fucking time we've had karin in ages, but I'm just not enjoying the game enough.
>>
>>376801275
This.
The replacement survival mode is poorly designed because it takes 20 minutes to get to rounds where the cpu's actually put up a fight but if you lose you have to start over.
Why no arcade mode with selectable difficulty like SF4?
>>
>>376799669
>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>Actually install malicious Kernel level rootkit that grant unauthorized access to your machine

Probably a lot more
>>
>make everyone play like Cody and Dudley with even less range
>>
>>376800225
This guy knows what's up. Bring on tekken.
>>
>>376802465
>Tekken shill so fucing desperate they invade other threads like a fucking malignant cancer
GTFO no one cares about that trash, tekken is a shit game with zero depth or complexity, every single one of SFV problems are tenfold in tekken.
>>
File: 1464448889921.png (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464448889921.png
1MB, 2560x1080px
why can guilty gear have arcade rooms as lobbies where multiple people can play at the same time and in sf, the so called fg flagship title, i still have to wait an eternity if i join an 8 man lobby.

in a just world, games that have as much love poured into them as guilty gear does would be million sellers
>>
>make free to play game
>sell it for 60$
that's what went wrong.
>>
>>376799669
Ed came too late, in fact he's not even here now
>>
SF V might be the most thrown away potential for the sf franchise ever. the marketing with the #riseup shit was actually on point and got a lot of people talking and hyped. this game could have been really big, but they shit the bed. sucks, but thats what i have come to expect from capcom
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>376799669
Its not as complete or as fun as these:
>>
File: 1401311260391.jpg (35KB, 322x370px) Image search: [Google]
1401311260391.jpg
35KB, 322x370px
>>376799669
Nothing
Ed saved SFV.
>>
>pay full price to get into beta
>game is back in beta

Never ever again
>>
when's the tibet stage going for sale again and also ed?

the problem here is that they wanted to steal everyones shekels, instead of goying them, good example is Overwatch, that's how you goy people
>>
>>376805012
>when's the tibet stage going for sale again

I hate post gen 6 gaming
>>
>>376799669
They made the gameplay more newb friendly while they made the actual game tourneyfag only by completely ignoring single player content. So it was shit for everybody.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.