[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be the GOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

This might be the GOTY
>>
nope.
>>
>>376796130
>I have shit taste and let what faggots stream on twitch influence my opinions

Kys
>>
I thought that was an Angry Joe thumbnail. That's probably indicative of its overall quality, I bet.
>>
>>376796130
DONT FORGET TO REPORT SHILL THREAD
>>
>>376796130
I just bought it

Huge problems
>each game takes too long to set up. You spend 10 minutes getting weapons/armor, and then have maybe 2 firefights on average
>snipers are broken. Get an 8x scope and a sniper rifle? GG you're gonna do well as long as you're in a decent position.
>depending on where you decide to start, you could be forced to find a vehicle to get into the starting area. Delay too long or don't get a vehicle and you might as well quit and try again
>general inconsistency
>lag spikes
>>
>>376797203
that's what the refund feature is for you whiny little faggot
>>
>>376797278
no need to shill that hard schlomo
>>
It's literally fucking goty of 2017 year. What the fuck is your problem? It's because it's not from weebland, huh? You fucking weebs, you can't see a good game even if it's in your face. You dumb virgins all mad because you don't have any friends to play it with. Thankfully this game already is huge succeses and you all jelly. 2 millions copies sold in 1 fucking month how can your weeb garbage even compete. Purseowner was in development 12 years and sold like 300k copies worldwide LMAO You all so fucking mad right now
>>
>>376797382
I am not a shill for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds™ available now on Steam™ featuring 100 player battles, fast paced combat and three different game modes ranging from solo, duo, and squad based combat across several different regions, all for $29.99.
>>
this is the best shooter ever made hands dowm
>>
File: 1493998398098.gif (4MB, 320x327px) Image search: [Google]
1493998398098.gif
4MB, 320x327px
At this poiint I can't even tell if those threads are genuine shills or someone just shitposting this hard on 7 layers of irony
>>
>>376797203
>>depending on where you decide to start, you could be forced to find a vehicle to get into the starting area. Delay too long or don't get a vehicle and you might as well quit and try again
The gas takes literally fucking forever to close in the when it's first released. Even if you just run when the safe zone is revealed you should make it in time
>>
What the fuck is going on
>>
>b-but no waifu in PUBG how can I play a game without animu ass and harem fan service???? what's more the game demands skill in my jrpgs I just need to choose some attack type wtf desu senpai?!

-the weebshit
>>
At first I thought this was just another dayz clone with the same problems but I was wrong. It's a clever spin on the hungergames genre and there are no hitdetection problems what so ever!

If you are a real gamer (gamer girls aswell :P) you have to get this game!
>>
>>376796130
Its just the fotm for normie streamers, first it was arma, then dayz then rust then ark then H1Z1 and now its memelords battleground. A new survival battle game will come out in a couple months and will suck the playerbase dry
>>
Why isn't it just called "Battlegrounds"?

The PLAYERUNKNOWN in all fucking caps is obnoxius as shit
>>
File: IMG_9277.jpg (76KB, 499x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9277.jpg
76KB, 499x412px
>/v/ calls a game not out of beta yet game of the year
wtf i hate twitch streamers now
>>
>>376798105

he's an artist on the level of hideo kojima, he deserves this
>>
>>376798105
this
i actually refuse to play the game because of how obnoxious the title is. i don't want to annoy my steam friends with my giant uppercase all caps game title in their face
>>
>>376796130
if the devs actually decide to use a lot of the money they made to develop the game then maybe
>>
>>376799074
>i don't want to annoy my steam friends with my giant uppercase all caps game title in their face

what friends?
>>
File: 1469573085838.png (96KB, 336x366px) Image search: [Google]
1469573085838.png
96KB, 336x366px
>>376799098
>>
>>376799074
how autistic do you have to be to care about something like that
>>
File: disc-jam-characters.jpg (187KB, 1199x675px) Image search: [Google]
disc-jam-characters.jpg
187KB, 1199x675px
Leave goty to me
>>
Agreed
>>
>>376797815
nah its fotm for newfag cucks who dont know BR Games have existed for 4+ years now
>>
File: 2017-05-01_00001.jpg (913KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-01_00001.jpg
913KB, 1600x900px
goty
>>
>>376799282

>other games exist that means this one is bad

wow what a retarded fucking post
>>
>twitch bait meme game

no
>>
>>376796130
When people think an unfinished game is GOTY you know the industry is going to shit
>>
>>376796130
Maybe if you're a 13 years old BR or slavmonkey.
>>
>>376799292
can i actually do anything in/with the underwater base yet?
>>
>>376797896
I don't use the vehicles because you get hunted down as soon as someone sees you and I have no problem reaching the designated area. Fun game though.
>>
>>376796130
>another unfinished early access mess survival game

Steam is loaded with these kinds of games and they're all fucking trash that never gets out of early access and gets abandoned half way. When the fuck are PCbros going to learn?
>>
>>376799663
A bit - scanner room, alien containment, modification station, moonpool, bedroom, water filtration, gardening, battery charging. Not sure how long all that's been in the game though, I just discovered the game a month ago, right when the stealth sub update came out.
>>
>barebones DayZ like game in EARLY ACCCESS
yeah sure I'll buy it, play for 2 weeks, then forgotten forever on a shelf
>>
File: beerus.gif (489KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
beerus.gif
489KB, 480x262px
>>376797972
>hungergames
people need to stop saying this.

IT'S BATTLE ROYALE YOU PLEBS!!!
>>
Just a copy of h1z1 battle royale with all the same shitty engine problems and issues
>>
File: Ct3Vxr-WIAEIgTC.jpg (131KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ct3Vxr-WIAEIgTC.jpg
131KB, 1200x1200px
>PlayerUnknown's hooded jacket dropped for me this morning
Should I just sell it? I like having something so rare, but I also like 150 Steam bucks.
>>
>>376801552
Wait can it actually just drop from a crate? I thought it was a preorder exclusive or some shit
>>
>>376798105
>>376799074
As someone who has so far played 50 hours of this. I can't deny that the dev putting his alias in and having the entire game be in CAPS is fucking stupid.
How much of a retard do you have to be to not want to play a game because of how it's spelt?
Plus Jap games do this all the time and I don't see anyone complaining.
>>
>>376801643
No, they have a very small chance of dropping.
>>
>>376799205
>>376801848
How a dev chooses to name his game tells a lot about the game itself

Putting your own fucking name in the title especially
>>
File: Bonet3.jpg (31KB, 565x383px) Image search: [Google]
Bonet3.jpg
31KB, 565x383px
>>376801848
>RESIDENT EVIL 6™/BIO HAZARD 6™
>>
>>376801896
Why would you lie? I just looked it up and it's impossible to get without either preordering or buying it off the market place
>>
>>376802027
I find game titles like this autistic as fuck. But it's still not going to stop me from playing a game if I'm interested in it.
Anyone who does the opposite should get an autism test.
>>
File: 1494491550168.jpg (28KB, 592x543px) Image search: [Google]
1494491550168.jpg
28KB, 592x543px
>>376802030
>rare preorder cosmetics
>in an early access game

Shouldn't everyone have it then?
>>
>>376797203
General inconsistency and lag spikes are the only issues that are not your own fault. You can choose where to position yourself in the start of the match and if you do land outside of the circle it's up to you to decide whether to loot a bit more and then leave or try and get in straight away. It's only ever your fault if you don't get in there. That or someone shoots you beforehand.
>>
>>376802826

Buying an early access game isn't preordering. You're actually getting the product as it currently is.
>>
File: 1493619563382.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493619563382.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
Watched this game on twitch, god it's fucking awful.
Most of the time you just camp in a house for like 10-15 minutes, the ring is getting smaller and then you get to another house, sit there and camp for another 10 minutes.
Then you MAYBE kill someone from behind and get like top 5-10 or you get killed in the same retarded fashion.

If you lose you start another game and do the same routine with tedious looting system and camping nonsense. Repeat for every. Fucking. Game.

I don't even know how mentally challenged you need to be to play that pile of shit FOR FREE because it's extremely obvious and proven that popular streamers are "PROMOTING" it for money from the gook publisher.
>>
>>376796130
>twitch.tv-streamer-bait-fotm-game#6205
>goty
nope
>>
>>376797203
>>each game takes too long to set up. You spend 10 minutes getting weapons/armor, and then have maybe 2 firefights on average
Shit nigger how fast do you want stuff to be? Might as well just drop you in armed in a 100m circle then.

>>snipers are broken. Get an 8x scope and a sniper rifle? GG you're gonna do well as long as you're in a decent position.
That's only at long range open field engagements, of course long range weapons will do better. Stick to a city and things turn around completely.

>>depending on where you decide to start, you could be forced to find a vehicle to get into the starting area. Delay too long or don't get a vehicle and you might as well quit and try again
This is intended though. At the same time, dropping in more distant and remote locations means less fighting with other players and more loot for you. It's a tradeoff.

>>lag spikes
Yes, as well as just good old lag and framedrops. Performance and netcode are the game's two biggest problems, especially since it seems to have big fps drops whenever you meet someone in close quarters (I assume it's loading the high detail LoDs for the characters). Lag and brutal framedrops in close quarter combat means it's fucking broken. They absolutely need to fix their shit.

It was fun enough for me not to refund, but currently performance issues and lag are perfectly refund-worthy reasons.
>>
>>376797203
>that third point
How is this even a problem? You can choose where you parachute. It's called risk management when you try to decide whether you land on a shack in the middle of nowhere vs a small village for a better chance of finding loot with a bigger risk of combat. A core feature of the game isn't a "problem." This entire statement is all the fault of the player.

>too long to set up with maybe 2 firefights on average
You are supposed to go from location to location, engaging the enemy to fight for more resources for the final shootout at the center of the map. The area you drop in is almost assuredly going to have at least a gun and helmet. Having everything available at the start ruins the point of looting and thus 50% of the game. If you want good loot fast, drop in a suburb otherwise deal with a lack of resources being a trade off for extra safety.

>snipers are broken
SMGs do way better damage. Anyway if you are under sniper fire you are supposed to take cover, adapt and overcome. Run while swerving, get in a car, there are techniques to handle this. Only time it would be aggravating is in singles, which I couldn't imagine why people would subject themselves to that.

I want to see some actual arguments like the lag spikes. Not shit like "I got shot by some guy on a hill, shit game 2/10." Disregarding stuff like streamers and the arrogant developer, watching people operate together to clear buildings and such looks really fun and tactical.
>>
File: ss.png (25KB, 483x421px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
25KB, 483x421px
>>376796130

This is somehow the worst game I've played this year.
>>
>>376796130
>twitchbabby central
nope
avoid it like plague bearing cancer
>>
>>376805287
> tfw kf2 never made it
> comes out of beta
> people shill how you can refund
> try
> steam rejects me instantly

Early access: never again.
>>
>its a PC gets a clunky online dayz clone and claims it to be GOAT because they've have absolutely no note worthy exclusives for years

yeh nah
>>
As someone who doesn't play these kind of games, can you explain to me what PUBG recipe for success is?
Like, from an uninitiated point of view, they all look pretty much the same to me. What does PUBG do so well that makes people love it so much?
>>
I just bothered to look at this because I am seeing it everywhere I fucking go and my friends are talking about it. I looked at everything on the Steam store page. Why the fuck is this so popular? It just seems to be the new trendy early-access survival game that will be forgotten in less than a year. Can anyone who has the game redpill me on this?
>>
How ass hurt are you children that this game is doing so well? Console kiddies make up most of the hate on these threads which is great it just reminds them of their horrible choices or poor parents they have. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying this game with my friends. How's that Zelda shit going?
>>
>>376805873
I don't get these games either

>scavange empty houses for 10 min to find weapons while NOTHING happens
>get killed in 5 sec by some camper while you run in the open
>game over, reapeat
fun?
>>
>>376799796
This
>>
>>376805873
its not a survival crafting game, its a battle royale game
>>
>>376805783
when your only competitors are H1Z1 and The Culling it's not hard to be successful
if an AAA studio came along and made a decent version of this PUBG would be gone
>>
>>376799796
>>376806094
Ark is one of the highest selling games on PS4

Sonyfags are just as butthurt about Battlegrounds as PCfags are about Bloodborne
>>
>>376799796
I'm confused to how this one out of all of them because a popular meme game. Aren't there like 4 other battle royale games?
>>
>>376803657
kek
sometimes my friend asks me if I want to watch him play h1z1, where he camps in the toilet for x amount of time and in the end he might be able to pick off the last survivor
what the fuck is up with these shitty games lately, they are literally all the same, h1z1, dayz the one in the OP, I don't get the appeal
>>
>>376803657
This. I don't understand how people want to play this themselves, let alone watch other people play it.
>>
>>376806336
cause the others are unpolished turds
>>
>>376806053
Watched gameplay of DayZ and looked at reviews while my friends were saying just wait™ until they finish it and buy it now. They stopped playing ages ago and now DayZ's steam page is flooded with negative reviews. This is what I think what will happen this game, everyone right now is in the honeymoon phase.
>>376806132
But it literally says in the description you have to survive as the last person.
>>
>>376806336
because the others are really badly made
PUBG is still badly made, it just passes the bar of quality enough to be a playable game
>>
>>376805783

the original guy who made the arma mod made this. its balanced well, proper scale, bullet physics except no wall penetration. the optimization is very bad though. if they implement first person only mode it will be good
>>
>>376806279
>Ark is one of the highest selling games on PS4

Jesus...

I dunno what the rest of your post has to do with mine though.
>>
>>376806553
you have to survive in every game. It's not like Rust or DayZ or Minecraft, it's more of an FPS than anything else
>>
>>376806896
Eeeeeh, alright then. I'm gonna wait awhile until the hype dies down like I said.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.