[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ladies and gentlemen welcome kinect3 to the e3 stage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>ladies and gentlemen welcome kinect3 to the e3 stage
>>
>>376789795
Microsoft is doing gods work for VR by pushing OEM's to work off of one hassle free standard with differences in headsets being regulated to things like resolution, refresh rates, and quality of life things like the monitor market.
>>
>>376790883

thats what Valve was trying to do with SteamVR, it supports everything PC VR out there at the moment

and now everyone in the game except Microsoft is working together on an open standard called OpenXR though a consortium via the Khronos Group while MS is working on a closed standard ala DirectX for VR
>>
>>376791610
Too bad Valve couldn't produce anything at a reasonable price point that could be easily set up anywhere.
>>
>>376791745

they werent trying to, they are interested in making the highest fidelity in home VR tracking systems and they succeeded, nothing else is on par with Lighthouse, these MS backed HMDs use the same inside out that Hololens use which is decent but not nearly as fast or as accurate or precise, it also means their controllers lose tracking when your not looking at them where as Lighthouse can be used to track infinite objects in a full 3D volume

it's like comparing a gaming PC to a prebuilt Dell, they have different purposes
>>
>>376792219
holy shit someone who is informed on /v/

i want to like these headset so bad even with new decent looking controllers they shown recently but Its only going to further muddy the waters on what the uniformed think vr is. just like how people now go "vive sucks cause i tried gear vr and that sucked"
>>
>>376793160

the good news is that somewhere around 500+ companies last time i checked are fully licensed to use Valve's tracking tech, including some that are working on HMDs and im sure there will be lower end ones to compete in the same segment that the lower end MS backed HMDs do
>>
>>376792219
just wanted to say you are the first non idiotic post about VR I have seen on /v/ so far.

On another note I skeptical of MS's controllers because I believe the headset keeps track of the controllers which certainly means that when the controllers are out of sight they will loose tracking. It just seems really bad all around, although the mixed reality seems like it could have some potential.
>>
>>376793469
I'm personally more interested in that Microsoft is prioritizing accessibility. Those future open source headsets are neat, but the Microsoft ones are already real. I think it's honestly the biggest push to get VR to the mainstream, and once that happens, super high quality experiences like the Vive can take proper foothold.
>>
>>376793720

the MS backed HMDs really are a great option for non-hardcoregaming stuff, you can run them off of essentially any relatively modern laptop with no setup and do things like watch VR media, play lighter games and use enterprise/educational software just fine. they would also be fine for anything like simulators where you arent moving around very much IRL. the specs on the upcoming ones we know of arent super great, particularly in the display area, but for $300 bucks theyre a great option for people
>>
>>376794219
They'll also be cross compatible with the Scorpio.
>>
>>376789795
bretty much
>>
How to fix VR vomiting?
>>
>>376794971

don't use shitty VR software or hardware without positional tracking
>>
>>376794971
the system requirements come with a spew bucket, deal with it or dont be born asian
>>
>>376789795
>Xcucks claim that Sony E3s will be dominated by a gimmick for three years
>Doesn't happen
>MS' E3 will be dominated by a gimmick instead

Fucking
pottery
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.