[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ pretends that this pile of shit is now ackshually really good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: GTAIV.jpg (130KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GTAIV.jpg
130KB, 900x900px
>/v/ pretends that this pile of shit is now ackshually really good
>>
>oh no an opinion
>>
>>376785282
At least it's better than V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
>>
>>376785372
>no GTA IV or GTA V thread has ever been made without this video being posted alongside a comment with no substance
>>
>>376785462
The video provides all the substance needed, unless you're blind.
>>
>>376785372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFbkXffa85E
>>
>>376785372

They gimped GTA V for the multiplayer and no one ever called Rockstar out for it.

The game delivered almost nothing it was promising in the single player.

It was shallow hype just like that Daft Punk album with Pharrell.
>>
>>376785372
>>376785703
Oh wow, a fight over which turd smells less.
>>
>>376785813
Not much of a fight when the winner is obvious right away.
>>
>>376785813
I posted my video ironically. Nothing contained within those videos necessarily makes any of the games better or worse. This thread isn't even about GTA V (which, for the record, was a million times more FUN than GTA IV).
>>
is it just me or is it really hard to hear the radio in IV and V?
>>
>driving around in gta4
>radio getting static
>moments later receive a call

how did they go from that to >>376785372. They really dropped the ball. gta4 had its issues but to somehow screw up such small features is absolutely embarrassing

>>376785462
what more is there to say
>>
>>376785372
GTA 4 ran like shit and looked like shit,
>Shit missions
>annoying controls
>online>>>>>>
>>
>>376785703
>the sequel has features not in the previous game

is this news? anything less would be unacceptable
>>
>>376786103
>>376785954
>>
>>376785372
All the mechanics in the world don't change the fact that GTA IV was boring as fuck, with lame missions, a shitty story and a bland map viewed through a shitty blue filter.
>>
>>376785789
They smelt the online shekels and couldnt resist. Who could though? Theyve made more than anybody could have ever hoped for on online shit alone not including their ridiculous actual game sales over two gens.

>turn on gta4 online with friends
>guns lying on the floor
>steal cars
>shoot cops
>have fun
>level 1000 player enters
>has a cool pair of sunglasses

This is what made gta online so fun. The spontaneity of it all, how you made your own fun in this sandbox with guns and cars. Turning it into a grinding mmo removed all this fun. You cant join a game with friends and have blast anymore, you need to grind missions to be able to buy ammo for a gun you need to buy. You cant steal cars without a constant wanted level, you need to buy your own.

This shit here is why 5yrs after gta4 came out me and friends would turn it on and dick around. Its why 3 months after release of gta5 we never played online again.

Sad because this is the model for all future online from rockstar. Red dead 2 is going to have this shit you bet. Cant wait to grind all day so i can have my own ranch
>>
name a more disappointing game than GTA IV
>>
>>376785282
GTA IV was an imperfect mess of ludonarrative dissonance,

BUT it definitely hit in a couple areas that carried into the formula for GTA V in terms of realism and emotionality in presentation of the main story and in terms of world design. I'm glad it exists.
>>
File: tip.jpg (9KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
9KB, 281x211px
>>376788467
>ludonarrative dissonance
>>
>>376788671

That's entry-level analysis speak, not fedora speak.
>>
File: 1476502343593.gif (1MB, 625x477px) Image search: [Google]
1476502343593.gif
1MB, 625x477px
>>376785282
>I LIKE MONEY

And that's the entire plot ECKSDEE
>>
>>376788895
pretty much every gta game has a part where the main character gets fucked over and has to go into hiding or some shit
>>
I don't see what's wrong with 4. The driving is weird and unrealistic sure but it serves its purpose. It fits within the context of a city map, forcing you to drive slower and carefully, and you can actually git gud and do fun stuff like drifting. The shooting and health mechanics were good. There was fun physics and small attention to detail in specific places. The expansions were good. I don't understand how anyone can rate it under 8/10 at least.
>>
>>376789849

For me the lack of side content and map variety killed it, going from san andreas to that...thing was simply too bad. I vividly remember every corner of san andreas map, I only remember like the first neighborhood of GTA IV.

Also that shit where every enemy is basically dead after hitting them once because they fall over...yeah thats terrible
>>
>>376790117
>I only remember like the first neighborhood of GTA IV.

turn off gps
>>
>>376785282
It's neo-/v/ parroting the Zelda cycle. The game was shit when it came out, and GTA5 being flawed doesn't retroactively make this good.

It just so happens its most of /v/'s first GTA game.
>>
>>376786032
Also when you exit a tunnel your speakers will start making that beeping sound.
>>
>>376790364
so many small nice details that felt lost in gta5. They fixed other issues at the expense of small things like this and stuff in that video.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.