[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

ACTUALLY

A GOOD

GAME

From Drones on suicide watch.
>>
File: who.jpg (59KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
59KB, 600x360px
>>
Interested to see if this will be good or not
>>
>>376782245

Seems like garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4Kp48YOn4
>>
>>376782245
didn't you fucks say that about their previous game, Lords of the Fallen?
>>
>>376782629
This looks pretty fucking awful also the exo skeleton thing look so bad.
>>
>>376782816

I'm not sure if there's any armor that actually covers your guy completely, but it's fucking ugly as-is, especially because it's a static character with a generic as fuck design.
>>
>>376782640
Nah...since the begining people are bashing Lords of fail because of the obvious cashgrab to DaS

This at least have diferent setting at least
>>
>>376782245
Fromdrone here; I would be happy if another game surpasses the Soulsborne because those games are great.
>>
This game is going to bomb hard, no matter how good it is, because it's not a meme game and doesn't seem to have a lot of marketing going for it. LotF sold 600k copies on PC compared to 2.8mil copies that DS1 sold on PC only as well.

I hope it's not a high budget game and it won't ruin the devs, because I think it looks really nice and I'm planning on buying it on launch.
>>
>>376784302
Word. These people more concerned about brand loyalty than having good games to play make me sad. EA could publish the next great game similar to Darksouls and I would buy/play that shit, fucking Hitler could do it. I just want good fucking games, I fucking hope this game is sick when it comes out.
>>
>>376782245
Denuvo?
If yes get ready for it to bomb hard.
No Denuvo?
The game will have a chance.
>>
>>376782245
looks like shit desu senpai
>>
>>376782935
Lords of the fallen with a different coat of paint
all the systems are the same
i swear the fucking camera shake is the exact same and some combos feel recycled
i'll pick it up like lotf, when its 15 bucks or less in a year or something
>>
>>376784709
>Denuvo?
>If yes get ready for it to bomb hard.
Yeah, D44M, Warhammer and Nier sure bombed hard. Enjoy your nogames, piratecuck.
>>
>>376784950
Terrible example. All 3 of those games have had good games previously, thus a good reputation which helps sales.

Lords of shit was a terrible game and people are not caring for a sequel or another game like it.
>>
>>376785045
>these d-don't count, because they're good games!
Wow, it's like shit games will sell like shit regardless of whether or not they have Denuvo and good games are going to sell well. The point of Denuvo is not increasing sales, it's about cucking the piratecucks and not letting them get free shit.
>>
I saw some footage where he fought through a greenhouse and wound up taking on a security team, which looked really rad. I also saw some footage against the bosses, which had cool visual design but horrible kits. Seriously, each boss only attacks you once then idles for a few seconds. You only need to dodge a single time.
>>
File: 1424123123.jpg (33KB, 398x471px) Image search: [Google]
1424123123.jpg
33KB, 398x471px
>>376782629
>>376782245

>DUDE LMAO SOULS CLONE
>BUT IN SPACE!

How do game devs have absolutely no shame?
>>
>>376785181
Damn son, you get angry fast. I ain't even that same guy as before.

No shit the point of any DRM is to prevent piracy. Not like it's actually stopped anything yet. Just delayed.

Regardless of piracy or not, the game doesn't have a good reputation and is likely to sell poorly based on that. Adding big ol Denuvo into the mix is really just wasting their own money at this point, as they need to actually get the game into the hands of people to attempt to redeem themselves.
>>
>>376785452
You do know that Souls games are literally clones of Blade of Darkness, right?
>>
>>376782245
>not made by jappos
>better than Bloodborne
>better than even DS2
how will sonyweebs ever recover?
>>
>>376785494
Adding Denuvo is their right as a dev/publisher. People have a right to defend their IP and you are subhuman just for denying them that right. People speaking out against DRM are edgy teens or pathetic NEET mongoloids who have never worked a single day in their lives and have not produced anything of value ever, because if they were not, they would have learned to respect the effort of others.
>>
>>376782245
Can't wait for E3 to see the new Dark Fantasy from from blow all this shit to hell.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Nioh and I would like the Surge to be a good game.

Been watching some lets plays and it seems..... meh...
Hoping it picks up and def gonna check out proper reviews. I didn't like Lords of the Fallen.

Hoping Armored Core can be the "shyfyyyy souls" people claim they want.
>>
>>376784709
Lords had Denuvo and still was profitable enough to greenlit The Surge.

/v/ =/= the real world
>>
>>376784950
But warhanmer did bomb
>>
>>376782245
As long as you can turn off that retarded fucking slowdown I'll probably kind of like it.
>>
>>376782245
>From Drones on suicide watch.

Why? Anyone who likes soulsborne god fuck that cringy phrase is going to be happy to get another good game in that same vein.
>>
>>376785691
Just because it's in their ability to waste money on false protection doesn't mean you should start torching your own funds.
You're missing the entire point I'm making and just going on a rant about pirates and how you're morally superior because you work in a retail chain.
I would love there to be a decent spin on the genre, but this really isn't the developer to stick up for considering their track record.
>>
I hope it's good, after DS2/3 and BB I'm about ready to give up on From's games. Team Ninja proved other devs are more than capable of making a better game.
>>
>ACTUALLY A GOOD GAME
>game's not out yet
Fuck off. You and From Drones are so alike, your shilling is out of fucking control.
>>
>>376785850
>But warhanmer did bomb
Yeah, it bombed so hard devs have officially named it the fastest selling TW game ever and it has sold 1.5 million copies already despite not being out even for a year.
>>
>>376785548
>underage b& never heard of Kings Field
Consider suicide
>>
>>376784709

Dev has stated it does not have Denuvo.
>>
>no weight to attacks
This almost looks as bad as Code Vein
>>
>>376786141
>first person
And here is where the Fromcuck proved to be more retarded than I thought he would be, LMAO. DS games are literally BoD rip-offs, but with much shittier combat, try again.
>>
>>376786015
Are people still overrating Nioh that much? It's seriously like a 7/10 and that's a little generous
>>
>>376782640
Lords of the fallen is a fun discount game, especially if you like tanky dark souls gameplay. Definitely not great but for a couple bucks it's a decent game.
>>
Seems decent, what is their marketing doing? I haven't heard of this until I saw it on the steam's front page.
Looks like a less scary Dead Space on Earth or a third person Space Siege, check it out if you haven't it was a decent action rpg.

Story is leagues below from anything From produced but it works out well.
Gameplay also seems way too easy and casual to be compared to Souls games, not that this is bad, just an observation.
>>
>>376786408
>Are people still overrating Nioh that much?
No, they're not. Nioh is literally the same case as Bloodborne - a shitty meme game nobody gives two fucks about praised to high heavens by sonycücks (simply because it's an exclusive) that sold like utter dogshit.
>>
File: 1366981126994.jpg (317KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1366981126994.jpg
317KB, 807x861px
>tfw the next five years or so will be filled with games tagged as "the spiritual successor to dark souls"
>tfw all of those games will be mediocre at the very best because people somehow can't grasp what made them so good

Worst fucking timeline
>>
>>376786408
I see why people would have issues with it but I enjoyed it more than any From game since DS1. Even then they're all still good games, Bloodborne was the only 7/10 of the lot. I've been playing them since Demon's came out
>>
Looks fucking horrible.

>Lords of the Fallen devs

Lol nothx.
>>
>>376786552
I'm no sonyfag, I play these on PC whenever possible. Nioh at least let me play at PC framerate. Bloodbornefags will NEVER EVER get 60fps
>>
>>376786408
I agree on the score, but the core combat systems blow the souls games out of the water. I just wish the level and enemy variety was better.
>>
>Game has only 5 bosses
>Game has the most boring sci-fi design ever> industrial machines
>Lords of the Mediocre dev

Nice try OP
>>
File: 1489761438203.png (247KB, 580x575px) Image search: [Google]
1489761438203.png
247KB, 580x575px
>>376786552
>>376786408
>t. two anons who have never played nioh and one who hasn't played bloodborne

sad
>>
>>376786141
DS doesnt borrow much from Kings Field, its a mix of Shadow Tower and Blade of Darkness.
>>
File: IMG_0642.jpg (25KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0642.jpg
25KB, 540x386px
Been playing it for review. It ain't that great.
>>
Blade of Darkness fags are the Medal of Honour fags of shitty slow action games.
>>
>>376786684
>>Lords of the Mediocre dev
Didn't notice this up until now, into the trash it goes.
>>
Looks kinda shitty but I wanna play the beginning of it so I can roll around in a wheelchair.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.