[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And go.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1069399_orig.png (359KB, 1026x800px) Image search: [Google]
1069399_orig.png
359KB, 1026x800px
And go.
>>
Super Mario 64
>>
>>376781595
this
>>
SMB3 > SMW > SM64 > SMB1 > SMB2
>>
>>376781436
SMW hacking scene is just too good
>>
World feels and looks the best and has some really fun block-riding platform levels, but 3 is more challenging.

I'd go with World, it's the definitive Mario game.
>>
smb3 shit all over world without rom hacking. World's the beginning of the casualization of the series
>>
Garaxy 2
>>
World is so much better from a control and mechanic stand point but I feel like it's less challenging and less interesting than 3.
>>
>>376781595
Oh honey.
>>
>>376781436
Super Mario All*Stars.
>>
>>376782005
I think 3 controls better. NES physics felt so responsive
>>
>>376781436
SMW's greater scale and abundance of secrets gives it the edge imo, even if 3 has much more tightly designed and challenging levels. If levels in 3 weren't so danged short, this would be a lot harder for me to decide.
>>
Mario 3 is superior.

Mario world is just them trying open world mechanics in a platformer and failing completely.
>>
>>376782674
Kek
>>
SMW is gutted to shit compared to SMB3.

3 has more variety, more power-ups, more mini-games, more challenge, and isn't burdened with anything that's straight-up broken.
>>
>>376781992
/thread
>>
File: 1225342779843.jpg (75KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1225342779843.jpg
75KB, 500x600px
>>376781436
smb3
-the perfect 2d mario. level difficulty scales nicely.

smw
-used to be considered the easiest 2d mario. has yoshi and secrets out the ass though.

both games are really really good.
>>
>>376781595
>>376781992
>ask to choose between two options
>pick a third option that is not part of the question at all

Why do people do this shit? It's not funny.
>>
>>376781436
Both are good games anon, play them and enjoy.
>>
SMB3 is better.

Better level design. Better power-ups. Harder. Each world had a unique theme. Better enemies. Better music.

Literally the only thing SMW has over SMB3 is graphics.
>>
World. Breaking the level design with the cape and Yoshi is too fun.
>>
>>376781436
Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>>376782941
>scales nicely
World 7 says You're Wrong. That's harder and more tedious than World 8.

SMW is the better on account of the mainline moderate difficulty paired with a fun and almost iconic world.

Having said that, I would definitely liked to have seen some things along the equivalent of the rarer suits, melting ice blocks, Huge/Tiny world, etc. like SMB3 pulled off. But World still reigns over those 2.

But SM64 kicks the crap out of both. Hoping Odyssey (somehow) kicks the crap out of 64 - I want a game that's THAT good.
>>
>>376781643
>>376781595

I don't think 3D games and 2D games should be ranked together.
>>
>>376781436
people only say world on here because it was baby's first mario game
>>
>>376783680
>Breaking the level design with the cape and Yoshi is too fun.
Yeah man, it's super fun to press back on the d-pad every few seconds.
>>
File: im_a_chuckster.gif (702KB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
im_a_chuckster.gif
702KB, 400x218px
>>376783764
Try again.
>>
World has better levels, and is tighter experience.
SMB3 does have more power-ups and memorable worlds, but that's about it. Everybody remembers that giant world, but not the levels in it. And while there's lots of power-ups, many of them are redundant, with some being clear upgrades over others.

World could have used more variety in the tile-sets and locations, but locations being inter-connected makes sense in the setting of the game. And I do agree with it being too easy, cape is way too fucking strong compared to tanooki tail, and the levels where you actually can't cheese the whole thing with flight are some of the strongest.
>>
SMB3
>More challenging
>Better powerups
>Varied and diverse zones

SMW
>Tighter and refined controls
>Iconic designs and music
>Grander scope and scale.

Both are fantastic that accomplish different things well. SMB3 from a technical standpoint was amazing that it could go toe to toe with an installment from another generation.
>>
>>376781436

Super Mario Bros 3 had more levels and powerups, but World had more interesting levels with secrets everywhere. World also has tighter controls and physics to me at least.

If 3 had World's physics/controls and replayable levels full of secrets, it would win by a landslide however.
>>
>>376783476
Not even that. Super Mario World suffers from Nintendo not knowing what to do with all this extra graphical capability and ends up with a huge mishmash of styles that don't really look good altogether. SMB3 has a consistent, cohesive style that works with the system's limitations and is still appealing to this day.
>>
>>376783331
NO, NO NO, NO, NO! THAT'S NOT HOW WE DO THINGS HERE

I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL WE CAN FIND SOMETHING TO ARGUE ABOUT
>>
File: 13918102_m.jpg (75KB, 350x515px) Image search: [Google]
13918102_m.jpg
75KB, 350x515px
I like SMB1 best.

SMB3 and SMW are fine games.
But I kinda like that I can beat SMB1 in less than two hours, and if I fuck up, then it actually means something. The other games just give you free lives and endless continues, so what's the point? They also take too long.

I wish future 2D Mario games would have remained smaller in scale for half the price.
>>
>>376783968
I think World looks fine, it's certainly not as bad of a mish-mash as you say. But of course a game released at the end of machine's life-cycle makes better use of it than one released at beginning, since developers have clear understanding of limits and have gotten used to working on it. Just compare SMB1 and 3, or World and Yoshi's Island.
>>
File: Super Mario Odyssey.jpg (26KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Odyssey.jpg
26KB, 500x386px
>>376783785
>Hoping Odyssey (somehow) kicks the crap out of 64

I have bad news for you.
>>
>>376784634

Not sure if this is a joke at the "New" series or a joke at the Hat Mechanic.
>>
>>376784730

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

It's both.
>>
Visuals
World>3

Level design
3>world, cool secrets in every level

power ups
3=world, raccoon>cape, frog suit/hammer suit>nothing. Yoshi is excellent however.

Quality of Life
world>3, can redo levels, can save, do any level at any time, world map is more engaging

Presentation
3>world, stage+play > dinosaur land

Difficulty
3>world, world has better progression of difficulty yet is too easy overall.

personally I think world is better because it's easier to pick up and play without having to play the same 5 levels before getting to whatever level I want to play.
>>
>>376781436
Played SMB3 on a friend's famicon a year before the US version came out and it blew my fucking mind as a kid. So much content and variety and craftier puzzles. SMW was good but it never left the same impression even with the better graphics. However, I would probably recommend SMW first to someone who is starting out in vidya over SMB3.
>>
File: 30434964_m.jpg (92KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
30434964_m.jpg
92KB, 600x535px
Rankan their spinoffs

Dongey Kong Country ( and 'DK'94 ) > Luigi's Mansion > Wario Ware Inc > Yoshi's Island/Story > Wario Land > Super Princess Peach
>>
>>376781436
world sucks so 3
>>
>>376781436
SMW is literally easy mode until the Special World. You literally cannot deny this because it's true.

>Just ignore it!
>Cape Moves
>Red and Yellow Switch Palaces
>Spin Jump
>Yoshi
>Blue Yoshi
>Free saves in the Donut Ghost House
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.