[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 57

File: IMG_3210.jpg (311KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3210.jpg
311KB, 1200x630px
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>didnt wait for the switch

That's what went wrong.
>>
>>376778082
Skipped a year and had nothing to show for it. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything special. You'd think they'd figure out how to optimize their damn engine by now.
>>
megas are back
>>
>>376778082
The fucking 3DS, that's what
>>
>>376778895
Except it was terrible
>>
>>376778082
They tried something new.
>>
>>376778082
It sold well.

And nothing gets this board angrier than things that succeed.
>>
File: 1485325906341.png (658KB, 611x625px) Image search: [Google]
1485325906341.png
658KB, 611x625px
>>
>>376780285
nobody cares how well it sold, retard

it was a shitty pokemon game
>>
It's pretty easy, but the battles and themes get my hyped.
>>
>>376780507
See?
>>
>>376780285
>perhaps the most lackluster games barring gen 1
>sold incredibly well
This is not a good thing at all. Now Gamefreak knows they can make literal shit and know that it will sell good
>>
Focused too much on story and shit. I've never played pokemon games for a story, so having to wait years for a cutscene to end was ass
>>
>>376778082
Nothing actually new to keep people playing. Story was nice, it had some good difficulty but after that? A lame Ultra Beast hunt and the same shit as last gen: a Battle Tower clone and breeding forever.

Also, fuck Festival Plaza. Nice idea, horrendous execution.
>>
File: smug yukari.png (715KB, 731x891px) Image search: [Google]
smug yukari.png
715KB, 731x891px
>>376778082
People will buy Pokemon no matter what

Why try?
>>
>he you know those new Pokémon we put in?
>LET'S MAKE THEM ALL SUPER RARE AND ALL THE BORING SHIT SUPER COMMON!
>let's also assume every single player is a complete retard and drag the tutorial on far longer than it needs to!
>whoops almost forgot let's have the players Pokémon completely healed AFTER EVERY BATTLE!
>>
Honestly it seems like there was a whole lot less to do before you finish than the other games, just felt like all there was to. Do was the story and nothing else
>>
>>376778082
I really hate how everything was shit. I used to love using Slowbro, Kadabra, Haunter, Whimsicott, etc. All those either evolve too late or learn good moves far to late. Take Pikachu for example. In yellow, it learned thunbolt @ lvl 26, in S&M it doesn't until 42. So for 40 fucking levels I have to rely on thundershock and a low ass special atk stat?
>>
>>376784446
you get electro ball at 13 you fag
>>
>>376780507
Well, that's a great job at proving his point
>>
>>376783508
>pokemon healed after every battle
hold up, what? Like, all the time?
Between elite 4 battles?
Inside gyms? Victory road?
WHAT'S THE POINT!?
>>
>>376784446
Slowbro doesn't evolve
Kadabra and Haunter evolve by trade
Whimsicott is a stone evolution
>>
>>376778082
The hype for this died so fucking fast, I blame the shitty cutscenes. After Pokebank nobody cared about it anymore. Its still better than X/Y or ORAS tho
>>
>>376784446
I feel like you're trying to make a point...

Also, this >>376784827 wtf? Do you even pokemon bro?
>>
>>376780507
>nobody cares how well it sold
That's why we see all those sales thread all the time, right?
>>
I played for 7 hours and the game still won't shut the fuck up. We are 7 generations into this children's RPG series, I don't need my hand held this much. I didn't need it held this much 20 fucking years ago. Goddamn game, just shut up and let me play you.
>>
>>376785379
>children's RPG series
>I don't need my hand held this much
It's not about you anon
>>
>>376778082
nothing really
best pokemon game so far
>>
>>376780285
It's a Pokemon game, those always sell well. Expecting the main games of a generation to not sell well is just being retarded.
>>376781323
this
>>
>>376786083
It wasn't about adults 20 years ago either but those games barely had any handholding. The amount Sun and Moon actually detracts from the shitty gameplay.
>>
>>376785087
I didn't need to go into full detail as to why each of those are a bad choice.

Slowpoke is week as fuck and doesn't learn slack off until 40's. That's a lot of potions for not killing shit.

Kadabra doesn't learn confusion when it evolves.

What is Haunter suppose to do until it get Shadow Ball?

Sun stones don't show up until late game and Contenee doesn't get Fairy STAB until it evolves.

Alola pokes are slow, but not slow enough that Elctroball is doing more than Discharge.

It really makes no sense why decent shit is available end game while in past generations that shit was midway through the game like it's suppose to. I dropped Butterfree and Incineroar because everyone and their mother had EQ/SE/Crunch
>>
>>376783508
I hate the first two points.
Put some damn variety in each route, not fill it all with the same line-up of Rattata, Yungoos, Spearow, and Pikipek throughout the whole damn game.

They also made the fishing encounter rates even more bullshit. If you want to catch a pokemon other than Magikarp/Gyarados or Wishiwashi, then fuck you.
>>
>>376778082
The fact that you were born.

Sun/Moon is one of the finest Pokemon games.
>>
-Worst intro to any of the games in the series. So much talking and more talking and more talking.
-Did I mention everyone in this game loves to talk? There's no story to experience when nobody can shut their fucking mouths and let the player explore. EVEN KNOWING they did this for new players , it's too much.
-Lands even more linear than ever before , the water is a joke now too , just blocked off by rocks everywhere.
-The trials are fucking horrible and replacing the gyms was just a terrible idea. I'd say maybe two of these tops were decent , the rest were just too much of a chore.
-They keep overloading bushes with old Pokemon , it's just a very tiresome experience now. Have a little more confidence in new pokes.
-EXP Share is in dire need of a nerf , you can be just be like 10-15 levels higher with basic grinding.
-Literally none of the characters are memorable outside of Team Skull and Blondie.

*Debatable*
-Fighting waves of Pokemon is really fucking annoying sometimes. Like I can see why people like it , but it's just so bothersome sometimes.

Probally forgetting something.
>>
>>376785158
Sales only matter when I can troll people with them.
>>
File: 1481275047166.jpg (475KB, 1632x2496px) Image search: [Google]
1481275047166.jpg
475KB, 1632x2496px
>>376785025
This.
>SM tries to have an interesting story
>Could've done something cool with the UBs but instead decide to dump them all in a post game fetchquest
>Battle System is still more or less the same as it was 20 years ago without any interesting changes
At least the music is arguably the best in the main series.
>>
>>376787553
>Team Skull and Blondie
Which of the three blondies are you talking about
>>
Just like XY, it was rushed as fuck in order to sell the 3ds during a period of drought for Nintendo.

XY isn't even more rushed because they figured they can just sell whatever and make mondo profits. Hell, the game didn't even run properly on the 3ds. They just didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>376787925
Sorry I actually fucked up here. I meant Lusamine. I guess Lillie is pretty memorable too though.
>>
>>376778082
>No more explorable zones, everything felt linear as fuck. The island shit felt very restricted.

>OST was ok, not the best one but ok.

>CUTSCENE EVERY FUCKING 5 MINUTES

>Rival didn't really seem like a rival, instead of pushing you he was like a stupid faggot everytime he lose against you.

>No much Pokemon variation besides Alolan forms, prety much was cramped up with old pokemons.
>>
I get less and less into Pokemon game with each new iteration. The first game I didn't finish was Diamond, but I got up to the Elite 4 before quitting. Then I quit Black before getting all the badges, then X after getting just 2 badges, and I didn't even get to the first gym in Moon. They're all the same game. It's so boring. The kinds of things I hoped Pokemon would grow to be when I was a kid are clearly never going to happen, and it's going to be the same game forever.
>>
Kids and fanboy drones kept buying the games even when Gamefreak removed a bunch of features.
>>
I bought it on release day and I'm still playing it and I've been having fun______________________________ this whole time.
>>
File: 1492039840024.gif (2MB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
1492039840024.gif
2MB, 400x238px
>>376788097
Here I was hoping it was the first rival that felt like an old school rival in a while.
>>
>>376788414
What do you want the Pokemon games to become?
>>
>>376787437
I spent days trying to fish a fucking feebas at the splishy splashy bit of water.

Gave up and sold the game not long after.

I just want pretty sea creatures to be my digital slaves
>>
>>376778190
fbpb. All of its shortcomings suggest it was intended for a more powerful console but rushed to make the 3DS instead.

>atrocious framerate
>DUDE FULL-SIZE MODELS LMAO
>loading zones every 20 steps
>10 second lag to switch menus
>Laughably empty areas, particularly Exeggutor Island and Victory Road
>triple + rotation battles cut due to slowdown

GF has always been shit at optimization, but this is just vomit inducing. ORAS ran fine so if they wanted they could just reuse models again - no one complained when they did in Gen 5.
>>
Its not that bad of a game. Its just another pokemon game. I stopped buying pokemon cause its the same shit.
>>
File: 1491542972574.png (477KB, 648x746px) Image search: [Google]
1491542972574.png
477KB, 648x746px
>>376778082
Couldn't kiss Lillie, other than that it was fantastic
Pokemon games have been linear since Gen 3
>>
>>376780285
I wouldnt be mad the success because it just succeeded, im made that the games are medicore at best and they succeeded anyways so we're just going to get more medicore shit from gamefreak without needing to optimise their engine becuase it will sell well anyway.
>>
>>376788737
Feebas was the second Pokemon I fished up. Female, too, tossed her into the Daycare with a Wishiwashi and bred a Modest-natured one with the Nature that becomes Competitive as Milotic and traded it with a friend who had the evolution item.

Milotic and School Wishiwashi are a fun duo, she was special and he was physical with different move Types besides the mandatory Water attack.
>>
>>376788685
I always thought they would start taking advantage of the world building and new technology that consoles were offering. I wanted an immersive Pokemon world rather than recycled games that follow the same "get 8 badges" -> "fight evil group" -> "catch this version's legendary" -> "become the champ" formula. I would honestly rather have a Pokemon game similar to Animal Crossing that lets me make a house/base in whatever region I want, and makes it worthwhile to play every day to catch/battle/train/feed/play with Pokemon and only go try for gym battles if I want to.
>>
>>376783508
Don't forget
>get dumbass shit pidgey to 1HP to catch it and put it in pokedex
>"IT CALLED FOR HELP"
>"you CAN NOT use pokeballs when more than one pokemon is on the field because you're a faggot nigger and I'm gay"
>okay let me take out this damn second pidgey
>pidgey dies
>"IT CALLED FOR HELP"
[autism drifting into the constellations reaching critical mass because you cannot possibly fathom how fucking frustrated I am at this fucking point fuck you gamefreak you dicklick faggot fucks with hats on]
>>
>>376789450
just use a status move
>>
>>376789450
>wild Bagon called for help!
>...
>wild Salamence answered the call!

And that's how I got the second-best member of my team in Sun before I even fought Hala.
>>
>>376787736
more giant pokegirls
>>
>>376778082
>empty post-game
>more of the older Pokemon in the wild than the new Alolan mons
>game felt like a lot of things were missing
>>
>>376789350
So you want a completely different game.
>>
>>376778082
Rotomdex
>>
>>376778082
It's better than those shitty 3rd gen remakes but that's not saying much.
>>
It's the best 3D pokemon game. What's the problem exactly? X&Y and R&S are awful.
>>
Tutorials and cutscenes were way too long.
The idea of different islands was good but being able to explore stuff is very limited. I would've liked it more if every single area was 50% bigger, even if it was nearly empty.
>>
>>376784802
It's not true.
>>
>>376778082
cutscenes
>>
>>376778082
In all honesty, GameFreak should've released Pokemon Z to finish of Gen 6 and have Gen 7 start on the switch
>>
>>376787502
Maybe if you're a mouthbreathing normalfag.
>>
>>376792401
Are you implying the other garbage 3D games are better?
>>
>>376790653
It's really not and holy FUCK is that saying something
>>
>>376792537
It really is and is better than Gen 5 too
>>
>>376792516
Probably not XY but definitely with ORAS. It's also nowhere near the top games in the series. It barely offers any exploration, gameplay is fucking littered with cutscenes, there are performance issues, and new Pokemon (once again) are overshadowed by the legions of old garbage you have to sift through to actually find them.
>>376792607
(You)
>>
>>376792607
I love S&M but better than B&W2? Nah mang
>>
>>376778082
It was a ten hour long tutorial with nothing afterwards.
>>
>>376792658
Gen 5 is literally a fucking circle.

The only non-linear region was Kanto and maybe Johto, everything else is linear as fuck.
>>
>>376778082
They spent time making the story enjoyable, but forgot to add in stuff to do in post game YET AGAIN. It wouldn't have been such a problem if it wasn't coming off of ORAS that also didn't have a post game.

Also, SOS Chaining and Festival Plaza are godawful replacements for horde battles and PSS respectively.
>>
>>376792834
Postgame is a meme
>>
>>376792763
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Also, gen 5 at least has the fucking decency to offer large side areas to explore. SM doesn't even do that and what it does offer is as linear as the game itself.
>>
>>376778190

>the inevitable Switch "port" somehow manages to fix all the main issues and "adds" content that had to be cut from the 3DS games
>for the low price of $60 each
>>
>>376792857
>Gen 5
>large side areas
(lol
>>
>>376792853
>Having actual content is a meme
>>
>>376792894
Anything is large compared to SM :^)
>>
>>376792894
Go back to /feg/
>>
>>376792904
>catch these legendaries
>and grind these battles
>oh but when other games do it it's bad
PWT may as well be another Battle Tower
>>
Linearity and handholding, coupled with shit post game and lack of proper national dex.
>>
>Gameplay isn't garbage like Gen 5
>NPCs aren't dull and lifeless like Gen 6

Beyond the retarded Pokemon rarity and tiny region, I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>376793043
You mean compared to Gen 5 which literally has you go in a fucking circle and has free complete healing in every other route and dungeon?
>b-b-but muh PWT
>muh genies
>>
>>376790078
No shit Sherlock, I spent two posts saying that. Something besides playing Red and Blue every release.
>>
>>376790078
To be honest, it worked for BOW
>>
>>376792660
People say B&W2 is much beter than B&W, I should try it sometime.

I HATED B&W, it made me drop Pokemon for years until X&Y got me back into it. Then again, Platinum being god-tier might have made things worse.
>>
>>376780507
Every single pokemon game is a shitty pokemon game
Except the mystery dungeon series
>>
>>376778082
Nothing. SM had a fantastic story with well-written characters, many great Pokémon designs, excellent music, and an innovative mechanic that helped every Pokémon instead of a select few. Pokémon is as great as it's ever been.
>>
It was better than X and Y, but not by much.
I enjoyed the game, but it's not Emerald or Platinum, so I can't say it's up with the greats.

I haven't played it since I beat it.I didn't even download the legendaries when they were released.
>>
>>376793375
Each Pokemon game since gen V amusingly enough has done something really well while failing at the others. Gen 5's amazing story, Gen 6's comfy, Gen 7's cast.
>>
File: 18342748933223.png (135KB, 295x304px) Image search: [Google]
18342748933223.png
135KB, 295x304px
>>376793351
>furry fanfiction games
>good
>>
>>376778082
Pew!
>>
>>376793556
Wonder what Gen 8 will exceed in compared to the rest.
>>
>>376793587
I don't get the hype for Mystery Dungeon games desu the gameplay is incredibly tedious
>>
File: 1469957017729.png (248KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469957017729.png
248KB, 600x600px
>>376778082
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many cutscenes and not enough content

There were some really good parts about this game but holy fuck you have to let the player move for 1 minute to appreciate it before fucking Hau and Lillie ride your dick for the next hour

And I'm all for trying something different and having a bit of story in a pokemon game sure. I actually thought BW and BW2 were kinda neat and still allowed the player freedom but you have so many dipshit moves

>the intro basically spoils the "twist" and it it wasn't supposed to be a twist then what was the point of anything
>Lillie literally tells you her backstory in about 100 different ways
>Hau sucks your ass so hard in every town that it was actually kinda sad. Everytime something lucky happened to you he'd say "gee whiz you deserve it and not me! here's 20 hyper potions and my girlfriend"

You can tell the exact same story that Sun and Moon had in like 1/10th of the amount of time that they took to tell it
>>
File: stylish ribombee.png (117KB, 662x700px) Image search: [Google]
stylish ribombee.png
117KB, 662x700px
>>376778082
Sinnohfoeti.

Every Pokemon thread is infested with children who grew up with gen 4 and unironically think Platinum and HGSS are good games, and shit on everything past the DS era because they're currently in the "Pokemon sucks now that I'm a big boy" phase the rest of us went through around gen 3. They have no ability to objectively analyze the games and judge gen 6 and 7 solely on their nostalgia.
>>
>>376793725
>Tfw low level run
>The E4 fucked my shit up hard and I actually had to use Hau's free items
>Kukui fucked me even harder and if my team wasn't healed up beforehand, I would have lost

Hau is my nigga.
>>
>>376793756
Nah it's just Zelda Cycle in full effect, as seen by people actually saying that XY were good compared to SM
>>
>>376781323
pretty much this

they even teased with ultra training or whatever, a mechanic that was supposed to make breeding a lot less tedious but execution on that whole thing was awful and breeding is the same shit as in previous gens except arguably worse because you can't use the dpad to move you have to use the stick which is less preferable

I also hate the hawaii theme or whatever they were going for, I much prefer a region like Sinnoh
>>
>>376793843
>he doesn't like the comfiest region in existence
>>
>Cutscenes every 5 minutes, game only becomes playable when you reach the third island.
>SOS mechanics when you don't want to Shiny-chain/EV Train and just want to level up/catch a damn Pokemon.
>Elite Four consists of 2 characters you already fought before, and one that you already know.
>No National Dex, your save file will never read more than "302" Pokemon even if you have all 802 of them.
>They put the evolution location for Crabrawler and Charjabug so damn late into the game it made them not worth using.
>No puzzles...at all. Unless you consider those 3 rock-pushing puzzles in the Ruins to be "puzzles".
>Ultra Beasts are not really part of the plot, only Nihilego shows up, fight it once and then they leave them for the postgame.
>No hunting for a Legendary Pokemon hidden deep in a dungeon, the only real "hidden" legendary is Necrozma and it's a random encounter in a regular area.
>Dungeons are very basic and linear, the only place that feels like a real dungeon is Vast Poni Canyon.
>A lot of areas feel like they should have had more in them but they scrapped the idea. Why Resolution Cave looks like the Zygarde Chamber from Terminus Cave? why the Lighthouse is not accessible? what is with the Golf Course? why the Volcano is
not exploreable and you just teleport from one entrance to the exit? why can't you enter that yellow building in Malie Garden?
>No matter what you do, you can't breed and evolve a regular Marowak/Exeeggutor/Raichu in this game.
>There isn't a place good enough to level up your Pokemon even though it's the first game that makes it so important to get a Pokemon to level 100.
>They made most new Pokemon rare - most of them are 10% encounter in grass and others are 10% encounter in bubbling spot (Dhelmise, Bruxish)

Did I forget anything
>>
>>376778082
Sure hope you care about Lillie and her problems, you're going to play second fiddle to her!
>>
>>376793986
Besides green texting one row
>>
Nothing, they're the best Pokemon games since Gen IV.
>>
>>376793902
You mean Hoenn? But I like it
>>
>>376793986
I prefer having E4 members being people you know instead of literal-whos that you see nowhere else.
>>
>>376793989
>The game is actually about Team Lillie's Leader Lillie and Team Lillie's Admin's MC and Hau as they take over the Alola Region
>>
>>376793989
Lillie is much better than N
>>
>>376793986
Sun/ Moon was probably rushed to an early release.
>>
File: 1489465802669.jpg (131KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1489465802669.jpg
131KB, 500x414px
They fucked fishing up.

Many of the other complains I hear all the time I don't really care, but holy shit did they fuck up fishing.
>>
>>376778082
Cant be replayed due to heavy amounts of cutscenes/interruptions.

THat's why no one does SuMo nuzlockes. Because if you fail, starting over takes WAY to fucking long to get through.

>Every area past a route
>cutscene interruption
>every new/old mechanic
>long unskippable explanation
>islands are so gated an linear there's only one way to go every playthrough without even a little variation (or ability to skip)

I couldn't care less about what changes SuMo made to the meta. I play pokemon games as casual RPG's where I collect some monsters and become champ of a region by beating thier best trainers. Sure they've always wanted to add more story to this shit, but they went overboard this time. And the segments of the islands make it feel like more of a tourist attraction than an actual region worth exploring. inb4 that's the point
>>
>>376793043
>lack of proper national dex

not enough people bring this up. i was so pissed when i found out that most of my favourites essentially didn't exist from the game's point of view, and the fact that they wrote all those neat new dex entries for the regional (read: all of gen 1 and like five mons from all the others) dex was just rubbing salt in it
>>
>>376794387
More games need to add fast forward or skip buttons, or else replaying becomes a pain.
>>
>>376794261
N is an actual rival
>>
>>376793989
>not liking Pokemon Lillie and Billie version

I thought the part where Lillie gave a 2 hour unskippable monologue was actually pretty powerful
>>
>>376794516
So is Gladion
>>
>>376787736
>Could've done something cool with the UBs but instead decide to dump them all in a post game fetchquest
What is it with Game Freak adding in features and not being more forefront about them? It's like they're afraid people will hate it so they either do as few as possible (triple and rotation battles), shove it off as option content (Ultra Beasts), or make them chores to catch (Alolan Gen 1's and certain Gen 7 Pokemon). Like >>376787553 said, have confidence in your damn game. Go all out and show us the shiny new stuff one piece at a time.
>>
File: pew~.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pew~.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376793986
Don't forget some pokemon only appear if you make another cry for help, the whole mechanic could have been done better and I hope its not in the next gen and the inevitable D/P remakes.
>>
File: 1491447896367.jpg (67KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
1491447896367.jpg
67KB, 950x950px
>>376794602
Lillie is the crowning achievement of the Pokemon franchise
>>
>>376794261
N:
>is a trainer
>has an interesting gimmick as a pokemon trainer character
>is a member of the enemy team
>plays an important part in the story
>doesn't even take up that much time

Lillie:
>not a trainer
>tags along for no real reason
>ACTUALLY isn't important in the story (seriously? why is she even there? just to have vague family connections to more important characters? fuck off)
>her talking probably takes up easily 5x the amount that N does
>>
>>376794602
We hints do we even have for DPPT remakes though?
I can only think of the third Type:Null and the Piplup and Lucario in the new movie
>>
>>376794664
Lillie is a better-developed character and doesn't have retarded autism like N does
>Pokemon world is basically fucking utopia where everyone gets along with their pokemon perfectly and everything is hunky-dory
>NAAAAHHHH THOSE POKEMON ARE OBVIOUSLY SUFFERING BECAUSE *insert retarded backstory*
>>
>>376794816
We've had ORAS so gen 4 is next in line for a remake, other than that Type:null is supposed to be to arceus what mewtwo is to mew.

It was also 10 years ago, so it's not like its too soon. If they do I hope they keep the winter them platinum was supposed to have instead of dropping it at the first gym.
>>
Forgot to mention the lack of new Pokemon (81 is the smallest we had besides Gen VI, and I don't care about Alola formes just like I don't care about Mega Evolution)
And how annoying it is that every area is seperated by a loading screen - even though it doesn't take long to load, why the fuck the screen goes black when I open a damn fence or go through a hole?
>>
for me it was the story
I could give a rat's ass about Lillie, but she was pushed hardcore, and if you didn't like her 80% of the story was just pointless rambling
>>
How to save pokemon:
>stop the eccessive pandering to nostalgiafags in new mainline games
>return to the grid based movement
>properly remake emerald without the oras bullshit
>make the urban legends true in the remakes
>fire the current artist and go back to the old art
>go back to sprites and just drop 3d models
>stop making every single girl waifu material
>stop making characters look retarded
>stop making overdesigned pokemon, this is not Digimon and it just doesn't work
>go back to oras idea of having every legend obtainable but implement it better
>stop making new forms for old pokemon, alola forms were all shit except maybe one or two
>the game is pokemon, there's no need to have other creatures like the ultra beasts
>make TMs one time use again

There, pokemon is saved
>>
>>376792763
Johto is definitely non-linear. You can do Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce in any order.
Also in RSE you could save Brawly for 4th if you just go into granite cave and in Platinum at least you could switch Maylene and Crasher Wake iirc.
>>
>>376795473
Just go play Blue for the millionth time instead of ruining Pokemon with your blatant nostalgiafaggotry
>>
>>376795473
I don't think I have ever seen such a shit taste regarding Pokemon. I can't agree with any of your points.
Maybe only the overdesigned Pokemon one.
The rest..wow, you are weird
>>
>>376795473
>go back to sprites
its harder work, but I do agree the sprites had way more cha-
no that's a terrible idea, I never used TMs because so many of them were 1 per run
>>
>>376795473
>>stop the eccessive pandering to nostalgiafags in new mainline games

Also this one.
I just think how they push the old Pokemon ever since Gen VI and then I remember Black and White only had the Gen V Pokemon until post game and...it worked, it sold.
How were they brave enough to do something like that? I just can't picture them doing something like that ever again
>>
>>376793986
>>They put the evolution location for Crabrawler and Charjabug so damn late into the game it made them not worth using.
I wonder if people that keep repeating this shit never used trade-evolving mons in any run. It's takes no time to get a Vikavolt or Crabominable.

Also statuses makes SOS battles short.
>>
>>376795710
They think that Genwun fags actually buy new Pokemon games
the sooner they let go of that demographic the better
>>
File: crogunk.png (24KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
crogunk.png
24KB, 737x404px
>>376795473
>stop the eccessive pandering to nostalgiafags in new mainline games
>half of the rest of the list is pandering to nostalgiafags
>>
>>376795616
Jokes on you I don't even like gen one
>>376795652
Of course there would be no 1-per-run TM, everything should be purchasable in the post game
>>
>>376795473
One use TMs may seem like it would've beneficial for story mode but when are you ever going to run the same move on two different Pokemon. Also it makes breeding a total shitshow.
>dude just inject lmao
I would if that were the case
>>
>>376795473
>stop pandering to nostalgiafags
>half the list is pandering to nostalgiafags
What did anon mean by this?
>>
I think it was all the crazy 'cut scenes'
>>
>>376793164
I hate Gen V too.
>>
>>376795846
If it's purchasable end game you might as well just make it infinite use. By the point where you need 10 EQ TMs for competitive, you're basically already done with the game and can easily steamroll the E4 to get more money. Its not challenging to get money, just tedious.
>>
File: 0023.png (845KB, 2087x3000px) Image search: [Google]
0023.png
845KB, 2087x3000px
SM gave us the greatest couple in vidya
>>
Called for help mechanic makes grinding even more of a goddamned chore. Slapped dark type on a shitload of gen 1 pokemon and called them new.
>>
File: Man am I kronked.jpg (23KB, 624x448px) Image search: [Google]
Man am I kronked.jpg
23KB, 624x448px
>>376780274
>They tried the same and yet it's somehow considered something new

Nah, pretty sure it's the same shit.
>>
Better question: Why do people hate gen V so much?
>>
Too many cutscenes and my character walks around like he's constantly got a stick up his ass
>>
>>376795878
He doesn't know
>>
>>376796591
it wasn't muh gen 1, overdesigned, it had pokemon based on objects which is [buzzword]

gen 5 is the best gen
>>
>>376795473
>>stop the eccessive pandering to nostalgiafags in new mainline games
>>make the urban legends true in the remakes

I'm getting mixed feelings here.
>>
File: 1457229390570.jpg (37KB, 410x371px) Image search: [Google]
1457229390570.jpg
37KB, 410x371px
>>376796718
>spoiler
Well, it was the only gen that did story telling well (or rather, didn't half-ass it) and B2W2 exists so you're not wrong.
>>
>>376796591
>M-muh circle
All pokemon games are linear, allowing you to challenge gyms in a different isn't really a game changer when you have been to all the gym areas before or decide not to challenge a gym when you first enter the city. BW/BW2 didn't bother to hide the linearity and even make fun of it at one point.
>>
File: 1474174121005.jpg (43KB, 464x421px) Image search: [Google]
1474174121005.jpg
43KB, 464x421px
The problem is that the Pokemon games have devolved from basic handheld rpgs made for children to these boring drawn out JRPGs. There is way too much emphasis on story in these games and by emphasis I mean the game forces you to endure the same boring Pokemon narrative we've been seeing since R/S.
Way too many cutscenes that drag on too long. I got to the end and my battery almost died during the ending part because the game gave me no opportunity to save. I couldn't imagine playing this game on the go like I did with G/S or R/S

Then we have the linearity, where the game simply forbids you from exploring. NPCs will just stand in front of paths.

Then we have the biggest personal gripe of mine, the fact that the whole solo adventure style of the series is gone because each game keeps forcing this group of friends on you. I give 0 fucks about Hau or Lillie's sissy fuck toy of a brother or Lillie herself. BUT THEY'RE THERE FOR THE WHOLE RIDE

The entire game is basically about Lillie and my character just stands there the whole time doing all the work with a stupid dumb look on their face
>>
>>376780507
I enjoyed it a lot. What do you say to that?
>>
>>376795473
Ate you trolling?
>>
>>376796796
New mainline =/= new remake
>>
>>376796894
Why would I be? A few waifus would be ok, but if they are too many then it is a problem
>>
>>376796853
The original games might have been linear but they weren't obnoxious. S/M will forcibly block players from going different directions by having roads be blocked for no reason and the whole waypoint telling you exactly where to go.

You can make a game linear without spelling it out so blatantly to a player. Being told exactly where to go with no chance of making a wrong turn is boring as fuck
>>
>>376796890
the main problem is that the story sucks and it tells you the same fucking thing 3 times. I played RPGs since I was 8, are today's children retarded autistic with 3 minutes attention span or what?
>>
>>376796890
>I couldn't imagine playing this game on the go like I did with G/S or R/S
Well then you imagine wrong. Aside from 2 or 3 dialogs last 30 seconds at most.
>>
>>376793986
>There isn't a place good enough to level up your Pokemon even though it's the first game that makes it so important to get a Pokemon to level 100

I love Game Freak's down straight asinine ass backwards decisions. I don't even care that much about leveling my pokemon up past, what, 80+? Yeah, I remember getting all my pokemon easily at least somewhere around 80/100 lv in every Pokemon game I managed to get. Yes, even BW/BW2, where it does have the infamous exp. system, because Audinos were a thing. I barely even tried and they'd easily be around that level.

MY FUCKING FIRST PLAYTHROUGH POKEMON ARE NOWHERE NEAR 80 IN MY GODDAMN SUN COPY AND I CAN SURE AS HELL SAY IT WAS NOT DUE TO LACK OF BATTLING YOU GODDAMN SHITHEADS HOW DO YOU EVEN FUCK UP THAT BAD ON A GAME I DON'T CARE THAT YOU MAY HAVE ALTERED THINGS IN A WAY SO PEOPLE WOULDN'T ABUSE THIS SHIT,
THEY WOULD STILL HAVE TO GRIND REGARDLESS AND THIS GAME IS BY FAR THE WORST GAME TO EVER GRIND ON BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING MOTIVATION TO DO SO AND ACTUAL GRINDING SPOTS ARE PRACTICALLY NON-EXISTENT
>>
File: xW2jQMe.jpg (303KB, 1608x1796px) Image search: [Google]
xW2jQMe.jpg
303KB, 1608x1796px
>>376797028
>>
>>376797018
I agree. The entire island gimmick ruined any type of non-linearity. The islands are small, and with the game forcing you to follow the story, the islands get even smaller when they have to bar off certain areas till later. The entire reason for the roads and whatnot being blocked off for no reason is because they got rid of HMs.
>>
File: terrorize 3.gif (468KB, 524x418px) Image search: [Google]
terrorize 3.gif
468KB, 524x418px
>not waiting for gen /vp/ aka sage to save the franchise
>>
>>376778082
All the handholding is ridiculous. Ever since Gen 4 they have toned it up each gen because Sinnoh was too hard for children. Unova is a shitty circle, Kalos is just dull and I don't even remember having any real caves in Alola
>>
File: 1434981202949.jpg (96KB, 855x677px) Image search: [Google]
1434981202949.jpg
96KB, 855x677px
>>376797406
>>
File: 1494455199983.png (297KB, 492x634px) Image search: [Google]
1494455199983.png
297KB, 492x634px
the only good thing to come out of this gen was this.
>>
>>376797625
when was the last time this updated?
>>
>>376778082
>What went so horribly wrong?
The gen prior.
>>
File: Dronia preview small no sound.webm (3MB, 532x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dronia preview small no sound.webm
3MB, 532x400px
>>376798630
The demo? july of 2015.

A new one will supposedly be out in the next few weeks
>>
File: pokemon.jpg (465KB, 1354x1818px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
465KB, 1354x1818px
its been in a downward spiral ever since gen 4

how do we get masuda fired bros
>>
Oh yeahhhh I could I forget
Out of 81 new Pokemon they officially revealed 68 of them, and out of 18 Alola formes they revealed 15 (only leaving the Geodude line).
It made people believe the number of Pokemon will be much higher and it disappointed to see we have already seen most of the new Pokemon even before we started playing the game.
We barely had any surprise encounters left..
They also repeated the mistake of letting dataminers datamine the demo and reveal everything 2 weeks before release.
And of course they fucking ruined the best surprise in the game - the return of Red and Blue
>>
>>376798796
>RS above ORAS when ORAS are objectively better

Why are people so retarded?
>>
>>376795473
>>return to the grid based movement
Fuck off
>>
>>376778082
Wait for the Switch port announced at this E3
>>
>>376798796
Oh shit a sinohfetus.
>>
>>376798849
>constantly shuttle you from place to place like youre a baby
>hand out legendaries like candy
>game is generally easy as fuck when compared with older pokemon games

'no'
>>
File: vikavolt.jpg (34KB, 360x345px) Image search: [Google]
vikavolt.jpg
34KB, 360x345px
JUST
>>
>>376798987
It doesn't shuttle you around or is any easier then the original RS were though unless you actually use the legendaries it hands to you
>>
>>376799017
both literally untrue
>>
File: 3r.png (613KB, 1178x800px) Image search: [Google]
3r.png
613KB, 1178x800px
We discussed this already.
>incoming Emeraldfags
muh BF isn't enough to redeem the fact it's still Hoenn
>>
>>376798987
>>hand out legendaries like candy
Which is something that happens in the second game in a gen since forever?
Or do you prefer it to be like XY and SunMoon that don't even include legendaries from other Gens? (Besides the legendary birds and Mewtwo)
>>
>>376799086
This picture is correct
I have no hate for Gens 6 and 7 but they are clearly not on the same level as HGSS, BW2 and Platinum
>>
>>376799139
>Or do you prefer it to be like XY and SunMoon that don't even include legendaries from other Gens?

yes, im supposed to be inhabiting a world, not a legendary delivery service
>>
>>376799086
hoenn is still better than johto, though. HG/SS are fucking fantastic remakes, but they didn't fix what was wrong with G/S/C to begin with (i.e the retarded level curve, kanto being barebones). it's definitely close though
>>
>>376799263
>3 water HMs: feat. Wingull and Tentacools the region
>better than anything
And no, Kanto was meaty in the remakes. So that was am improvement.
>>
>>376799086
Name everything factually wrong with Hoenn. I'll wait.
>>
>>376799086
Platinum is the GOAT '3rd version' pokemon game. Felt like a huge improvement over DiaPer
>>
>>376778082
It had its up sides but the end game was a tad weak and exploration was rather minimal.
>>
Have a proper endgame already, i couldn't even justify breeding this time around. If nothing changes next time round i will skip it.
>>
>>376799359
>shitmon encounter rate is way too high (Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wingull etc)
>Team Magma/Aqua are both fucking retards
>awful shit like tall grass makes the routes tedious to go through
>40% of the region is fucking water, you need 3 HM to navigate it
>basically you need two HM slaves on your party to get through victory road
>>
>>376799263
>kanto being barebones
Can people stop with this shit
They fixed Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands, Cerulean Cave, Viridian Cinnibar and Vermillion gyms
They also returned Pewter Museum

What the fuck do you want more?
>>
>>376799378
>Hey sinnoh is freezing over
>just kidding only your hometown has snow on it and everywhere else is the same.
>you still wear winter clothes regardless
but yeah, I agree platinum was great, makes me wonder why it was the last series to do the whole '3rd version' thing.
>>
>>376799624
I agree that was an odd and trivial aesthetic decision. Not sure why they bothered.
>>
>>376796997
They're attractive female characters, that's no issue. There is lots of husbando material as well.
>>
>>376778082
A couple of things.

First off, the series is growing too big for its britches. There's not really an obvious solution, this is just a problem with trying to take any basic formula for a game and building on it over and over for 20 years. If you try and appeal to people who were fans of the game when they were kids, you alienate people who enjoy the QoL and hand holding of modern games. And that same hand holding and QoL seems to alienate the older fans, which includes most of /v/ who bitches endlessly about SuMo. See also all the other minor niggling complaints people have: not enough pokemon in the base game, too many old ones, not enough old ones, too many new ones, blah blah blah.

As for SuMo itself, I think the hand holding I mentioned was -too- much in this title. It's the first truly 3D game and while the game world tries to feel open, everything feels as constrained and tiny as it does in all the 2D games. So the game world ends up feeling incredibly tiny instead, with what's supposed to be a chain of Hawaiian islands feeling more like a barely populated amusement park with cities larger than the actual wilderness of the islands.

In that same vein, the story feels like it tries to get in your face and sell itself as something impressive with fun and quirky characters, but it's still the same generic story told by every other Pokemon game and your "friends" are super shallow and boring. It's possible to make something for kids with broad appeal and deal with more interesting issues than what Pokemon is willing to explore: see something like Avatar: The Last Airbender

anyways I could write more but I this is turning into too much of a shitty blog post for an anonymous chink board seeya
>>
>>376778082
it is the best 3ds pokemon game. I really liked it even tough i didnt like new designs.
>>
>>376778082
Just started this. Gift from my brother. I'm gonna ENJOY it.
>>
File: done4.png (45KB, 231x162px) Image search: [Google]
done4.png
45KB, 231x162px
>>376799592
you know what? that's a pretty fair point honestly. it's been a long while since i last actually played HG/SS. the level curve is still bad though, you hit the e4 at what? low 40s? it's pretty troublesome considering you have nowhere to really grind either
>>
>>376799861
>it is the best 3ds pokemon game
that's not saying much, gen 6 was trash.
>>
File: Lucas.png (82KB, 220x440px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.png
82KB, 220x440px
>>376799772
At least it gave way for easily the most fashion conscious protag in the series.
>>
>>376799912
Not going to defend this, the level curve indeed sucks
>>
>>376778082

Alolan forms stuck to only gen 1. Kinda slow performance wise but idk if it's better on the n3ds or not.

That's it. Probably my second favorite games after b/w1.
>>
>>376799592
I love HGSS, but what they did to fix Kanto isn't nearly enough.
What I want more is incentive to do any of it. By the point you reach Kanto you already have a full team, probably, and every HM except Rock Climb. And you mostly need that for some items.
What that means is, with a bit of training, you can still, just like in the originals, rush through the whole thing in like 4-5 hours.
You never really need to go out of your way, leaving Kanto still feeling rushed and too short for what it supposedly offers.
>>
File: 796Xurkitree_Dream.png (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
796Xurkitree_Dream.png
62KB, 300x300px
>>376799861
bruh what? the designs were the only good part of gen 7
>>
File: pokemon sm 7.jpg (101KB, 688x917px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sm 7.jpg
101KB, 688x917px
>>376778082
It wasn't that bad. I for one enjoyed it whereas I fucking hated ORAS despite playing the original sapphire

had a lot of top tier waifus too
>>
>>376800224
>defends gen 7 designs
>posts one of the worst designs in the gen
>>
>Get bored of the camera minigame before I even hit 20k points.
>Apparently you need 1 million points for a trainer card stamp.

what the fuck
>>
>>376787553
Trials as a concept were okay but I think it should have been like fighting Lusimine.

>do trial
>face trial captain
>his final pokemon is a totem and can body you
>>
>>376800404
it's a lame as fuck mini-game, and the framedrops don't help at all.
>>
>>376800404

Yeah, at that point, I think they hardly gave a fuck.
>>
File: Mareanie.png (120KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
Mareanie.png
120KB, 377x377px
>>376794337
doesn't hep that there's like...3 things to catch?

>magikarp
>magikarp
>magikarp
>corsola I guess

and you only want corsola so it calls for Mareanie.
>>
File: 1479185890660.png (116KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479185890660.png
116KB, 400x240px
>Ultra Beast Lusamine wants to battle!
>"OH BOY HERE WE FUCKING G-"
>it's just a normal ass battle against her team with some totem buffs
>>
If not for the really lackluster postgame, I didn't find all that much wrong with Sun/Moon and actually really enjoyed myself with it.

>>376799086

We've discussed this ad nauseam and the actual trinity is Platinum/B2W2/BW
>>
>>376800834
They didn't want you capturing and training Lusamine :)
>>
>>376800779
>to make rippling spots appear again, you have to leave and enter the area again
Fuck this more than anything. And don't bother with non-rippling spots because you'll only get fucking Magikarps
>>376800849
>BW
They're irrelevant as B2W2 exist. And also they're not better than HGSS
>>
>>376800868
>There's a time and place for everything, but not now
>>
>>376795583
Yup, not having your path blocked by some asshole till you beat brawly or maylene sure makes those games non-linear
>>
>>376787736

I'm still mad about the ubs. There's on reason we should have been able to catch them, I loved the totem fights so why not just have them as super strong post game boss fights while exploring ultra space or something? It feels like the game has a director who's top afraid to do anything too strongly
>>
>>376789350

They better take a hint from Zelda, because it sure as hell worked in getting me interested in that series again.

People care more about the world surrounding pokemon and living in it then some shitty linear story that's been done to death by now
>>
Excuse me, but could you stay away from this side of the city? My Stoutland is searching for items.
>>
Anyone play Prism, it any good?
>>
File: Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg (316KB, 1200x986px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg
316KB, 1200x986px
>>376800918

Not at all, really. The Unova sequels are not meant to be definitive versions like Emerald or Platinum before them but direct continuations. Such is why the mood and overall aesthetic between the two shift so dramatically.

B/W was a soft reboot that was willing to take risks while also hearkening back to the feeling of popping in Red/Green for the first time. The sequels dropped that aspect to give the fanbase more of the same that they always expect.

Also, having recently replayed HeartGold, I can't share that opinion. People complain about D/P being slow as shit but good lord Johto is a slog due how little EXP everything gives and terrible Pokemon distribution. There's also Lance, the worst Champion in terms of team, and Kanto. Now while I will admit it was leaps and bounds above Gen II's, there's still exceedingly little to do in it because there's no gating whatsoever and you can just blow through all of the gyms in roughly 30 minutes.
>>
File: IMG_1186.png (709KB, 690x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1186.png
709KB, 690x593px
I really do wish that The Pokémon Company kept their lids shut about maybe 50% of the details they decided to move forward with. Trying to contain datamined information is a difficult thing, but when 75% of your game's content is revealed through trailers or children's magazine... A lot of mystery and wonder is gone.
I AM happy, thankfully, that the nitty gritty between Team Skull and Aether Foundation was left to be game exclusive information, Po Town itself being a lovely set piece for the series, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
I do think that SM could have used a couple of new Pokémon for each island of Alola, especially early on when your options are quite limited. I also wish SM had its own native National Dex, rather than relying on the Bank's entry. At the same time, it makes getting the Shiny Charm piss easy to acquire.
There is actually not many bad things I could say about SM? The difficulty felt pretty fair when I turned the EXP Share off every so often, and I even gotten myself underleveled after a while. Oh!, I do wish there were more to do post game wise, but I'll probably figure out things to collect for myself.
>>
File: That's sad.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
That's sad.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>376800834

Talk about a let down. Even Pokestar Studios was more inventive than this.
>>
>>376797028
Gamefreak mentioned a while back that all of their handholding is done to ensure the Japanese market doesn't completely abandon them for smartphones
>>
I've yet to finish the game.

Even fucking XY had me hooked for 300 hours.

This? I'm not sure exactly where I even left the game, I think it was after I visited Lusamine's Island place or somewhere like that.

Also, no one has mentioned it but I'm still platinum mad that the customization is worse than XY.

>You can dye all the clothes!
>Except there's half the variety of clothing and styles from XY!
>And half the colors are versions are version exclusive!
>>
>>376802462
I really wish SM had more clothing options. Even for a girl, options are very limited compared to SM's "summer" line up.
>>
>>376801921
GF are the most retarded developer, getting carried by the aftermath of pokemania
>>
>>376801921
>Gamefreak mentioned a while back that all of their handholding is done to ensure the Japanese market doesn't completely abandon them for smartphones
How does that work? If the game isn't telling Japs to do something every 10 minutes they lose interest and start playing Granblue on their Droids or some shit?
>>
>>376802608
>Mainline Pokemon games will never be made by a competent developer
Feels bad man

I remember the first time I played a Mystery Dungeon game. I was blown away with how much thought and care the game actually had on it.

>>376803009
>How does that work?
It doesn't. Masuda is plain and simply retarded and doesn't understand demographics.
>>
>>376778082
Hand holding.
>>
>>376778082
Someone got to cum inside Lusamine's pussy twice

It's not fair!
>>
Maybe one day
https://youtu.be/O_evqEO5m-o
>>
File: 3e25b0a4012f5a0cadc54d48462052c5.jpg (416KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
3e25b0a4012f5a0cadc54d48462052c5.jpg
416KB, 744x1052px
I enjoyed it a lot as I was playing, but I just blew through it and it left no lasting impression.

Since XY they just put you on a bus, screen a story and drop you off at the online playpen, with no real sense of adventure.
>>
>>376803664
It's a shame that it's parody because some stuff there is pretty neat
I wouldn't mind the Switch version looking like what they showcase, and I am well aware this is how Sun and Moon looks like on the 3DS only not limited by the resolution and the lines, it's still looks pretty
No more version exclusive clothes is good
More Battle Tree opponents making it like PWT
I dig Team Shadow
>>
File: 1428042727680.png (179KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1428042727680.png
179KB, 500x358px
>Make a pretty good online system for XY
>Trash it in favor of the garbage that is Festival Plaza
>>
File: 1459263958010.png (194KB, 249x294px) Image search: [Google]
1459263958010.png
194KB, 249x294px
>>376804498
>Add good feature
>Remove it next game
Game Freak needs to let someone else develop a main series pokemon game.
>>
>>376785025
>still better than X/Y or ORAS
Maybe XY but definitely not ORAS
>>
>>376793986
Genwun pandering out the ass
>>
>>376778082
Not having dexnav
>>
The only consolation after such a shitty game is that it's the worst-selling generation along with ORAS.
>>
How can you make an anniversary game without a fucking national dex? I mean, how do you fuck up that much?

I didn't buy it mostly because gen VI was pretty bad, but there were plenty of reasons just from the marketing alone to ignore SM.
>>
>>376793756
>people are articulating their issues with specific entries in the franchise or the franchise as a whole in a reasonable way
>come into the thread calling them nostalgiafags
Dude, your fanboyism and buyer's remorse only fools yourself, not others. When people give their honest criticisms, projecting and namecalling doesn't magically wipe them away.
>>
These are the first mainline games I havn't played and I'll probably never play and I've been playing since yellow. Name one franchise that has more wasted potential than this one, I'll wait.
>>
>>376778190
>Eclipse/third version comes out for Switch
>Blows Sun and Moon out of the water
>Battle Frontier and everything
>Now you can play it on your TV and on the go
It's fucking Pokémon Emerald and Platinum all over again. Not that those were bad games, it's just they made the original games they were based on feel like a beta test.
TL;DR If a third version gets announced for the Switch at E3, then Sun and Moon will be considered one of the worst games in the franchise by hardcore fans despite being the best selling on 3DS because the third version exists.
>>
I don't like how linear they are, and how little exploration there is. Also, the lack of postgame content makes them feel barren.
>>
>>376793756
Look at the postgame of gen 4 and then look at the postgame of gen 7. You're fucking deluded.
>>
>>376794602
>>376794650
I couldn't give less of an ounce of shit for this character and they shove her in your face at all times
>>
Nothing, they are done to sell millions like every pokemon game since yellow.

Wasted potential?
Sure.

Bad games?
Not by a long stretch.
>>
>>376778082
They failed to innovate. This was the perfect time to step up their game and they just didn't. For all their talk of striping away the old an making something new it was the same old same old. People want the anime. We want to encounter Pokemon in the world doing things they can do. We want none battle interactions even if they are scripted.

This is something that romhacks and RPGmaker versions have a huge leg up on the main games and why they get so popular. There were whole puzzles based on what Pokemon can do such as using an electric Pokemon to power a lighting system in a cave or using a fire Pokemon to cook food. You can even befriend Pokemon by you know actually befriending them. If you find a Pokemon that looks sick and hungry nursing them back to health and feeding them will endear them to you and they will want to come with you.

We want MORE from the games that they wont give us.
>>
File: evolution.png (630KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.png
630KB, 1200x600px
You now fucking retards will bow to me.
>>
>>376807589
What? ORAS are the best selling Pokemon remakes, an accomplishment that is even more impressive considering it's on a system that is less popular than the ones HG/SS and FR/LG are on.
>>
>>376802462
X/Y were the last true pokemon game ever made, and anyone in denial is a fucking retard.
>>
File: 142940113716.jpg (16KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
142940113716.jpg
16KB, 236x314px
>>376808847
I was actually planning on playing through Y again, but then I remembered how mediocre they are and am planning on playing through Platinum instead with 2nd best girl.
>>
File: Yancy.jpg (158KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
Yancy.jpg
158KB, 600x846px
I don't get genwars for a game like Pokemon. They're all practically the same thing. It also says a lot about Game Freak if their games are so similar that they can be split by gens or have so many "Deluxe/Definitive Editions" type games and remakes.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1022KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1022KB, 500x275px
>>376778082
Hahaha another thread about the same?
Op you're amazing!!!!

At least this reflects that /vp/ has some more brain than /v/, seeing how the people answer you here...
>>
>>376808947
In what way it's mediocre?
>game with best on-line
>game with best monster placement
>game with better pace of the whole series
>game with best city
>game with most envioroemnt variety.

X/Y were too great for the average pokemon tard. Nintendo saw the fanboys didn't like the genre finally being perfect with X/Y si they just gave up and changed the concept which gave us SuMo.
>>
>>376793807
Correct. Can't wait until the next game is announced at E3 and the fans will say Sun and Moon was shit, ORAS was one of the best, X&Y was alright and all the generation 5 games were overrated.
More evidence of the Zelda cycle kicking in? People saying all the games in generation 4 were flawless even though they had the slowest fucking pacing and horrible variety. Don't get me started on the postgame level curve in HGSS.
>>376808661
Also correct. They could have expanded on mega evolutions but they absolutely dropped the ball by making you download many of them and adding no new ones in.
Everyone thought the VGC metagame would be fresh again but it's a repeat of generation 5 except this time with tapus instead of genies with the equivalent of super moves in fighting games.
>>376802462
I sunk 400 hours into X and most of that time was spent breeding and battling online. It felt so good building multiple teams and training them up back then, now it's fucking monotonous in this generation.
>Have to wear out the circle pad by running around in a circle on a tauros instead of just holding down the D pad while using egg hatching powers and watching comfy shows
>EV training took one step forward and two steps back
>Literally feels pointless to pass down 31 IVs through breeding with the system that makes them all appear perfect.
>>
>>376808929
You're retarded if you actually think this. BW are where the games went off track and went down the story-driven bs that culminated in Sun/Moon. At least ORAS brought it back for a bit, but that's just because they're remakes of games with exploration and player freedom.
>>
>>376780017
I didnt play a pokemon game since Sapphire and had a good nostalgia blast playing Moon.

Maybe the one just before it was better or something but its not like I give that much of a fuck about pokemon.
>>
>>376809143
>At least this reflects that /vp/ has some more brain than /v/
Not OP, but I gave up on visiting /vp/ last year. Why? Because everyone on there does nothing but shitpost about the new games and newest remake while praising generation 5 as the pinnacle of the franchise.
At least we're having some decent discussion on this board instead of saying "EVERYTHING WENT WRONG, THE FRANCHISE IS DEAD, GEN 4 REMAKES WHEN REEEEEEEE"
>>
>>376809295
>"EVERYTHING WENT WRONG, THE FRANCHISE IS DEAD, GEN 4 REMAKES WHEN REEEEEEEE"
Sorry but, for me, this thread sounds exactly like this.
>>
>>376809176
>le hipster choice "underated" garbabe

Those shitty ass story try-hard, no fun allowed lineal garbage games are the reason why Pokemon fell on decadence and identity crisis in the first place, BW was a mistake, they were literally the GTA IV of pokemon games.
>>
>>376809157
>uninspired soundtrack
>boring Pokemon selection, filled with a bunch of Kanto shitmons
>bad pacing. Theres a massive gap between the first and second gym leader.
>Awful characters
>barren postgame
>little exploration

They did customization right, and had some really good cities and that's about it. The PSS is better than the shit Sun/Moon has, but ORAS has the PSS and all the Pokenav plus features making it better. ORAS also has more environment variety than XY so I'm not sure why you decided to post fake news like that but whatever. I think the XY hate is overblown but at the same time I'm not going to pretend like their the magnum opus of the series. Their just very mediocre.
>>
>>376809450
I agree
>>
>>376809365
>Sorry but, for me, this thread sounds exactly like this.
Tell me in which post someone asked for remakes of D&P. Or a post which just says "everything went wrong" without actually pointing to things like the linear style of the game and not enough post game content.
>>
>>376778082
Fucking nothing. Best game in years, best in the series since R/B and G/S, no HMs, no convoluted box management when you run out of slots, lots of QoL changes etc.

Cheaters and competitive breeders are sure fucked up and I love that part.
>>
>/v/ hates pokemon
>/v/ tends to talk about pokemon
Hmmmmmn

Also i'm waiting to see all of you apologizing when the 8th generation arrives, saying that SM is the best thing evar!!! Like is happening with the 6th generation now, happened with BW etc...
>>
>>376809093
>It also says a lot about Game Freak if their games are so similar that they can be split by gens or have so many "Deluxe/Definitive Editions" type games and remakes.
There is nothing wrong with gen-based games, and the third versions are good.
>>
>>376800224
literally a digimon and not in the good way
>>
A lot of things. Worst game in years and arguably the worst in the series.

>Linear
>No exploration
>The first three hours of the game is text reading
>Barren postgame
>Festival Plaza is trash
>Rotom Map is a massive downgrade from the Pokenav Plus
>Gen 2 level spike all over again
>Removed Triple and Rotation battles so the game won't have awful framerate, but of course they fucked it up and it has awful framerate anyways
>>
Pokemon has always been shit.

Let me prove it:

>rby
shit games by all modern standards

>gsc
terrible main region, shitty level scaling, most of the new pokemon are shit

>rse
only 1 region with no connection to kanto and johto, wingull and tentacool everywhere, also having to buy rby remakes and maybe a gamecube to complete the dex

>dppt
>saving a lot of data

>bw
handholding out of the ass, straight line: the region, unnecessary edgy story

>xy
So I heard you liked kanto and lucario

>sm
no gyms, even more handholding, lots of dialogues

Do I fit in?

I played them all and everyone has something going for it.
Personally the ones I liked less are rs and bw.
>>
>>376809469
>uninspired soundtrack
This is pure unrderage b8 or plain bad taste, X/Y had arguably the most inspired compositions of the whole series, problem is, kids just wanted their nostalgia pandering catchy tunes, they can't apreciate real music if they were hit by it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuxiWpe818

>boring Pokemon selection, filled with a bunch of Kanto shitmons
Much better than sticking with meme shit like Oshawot or firepig as starter, X/Y actually gave us choices for those who prefered old Gens. Games had Everything

>bad pacing. Theres a massive gap between the first and second gym leader.
Are you a pleb? This was meant to give the game a sense of freedom and adventure and gave time to the player to get familiar with the HUGE region instead of linearly throwing you into stupid cartoon episodes like Su/Mo does.

>Awful characters
Simplistic at first look, actually memorable enough for the pokemon series, no reason for pokemon characters to be more complex than Team Rocket to be honest.

They were everything the old games tried to be, people just realized they got old for Pokemon and starting asking for other shit which is the reason Su/Mo gave up on the classic formula and gave us a convulted mess, people doesn't appreaciate what they got, until it's lost.
>>
>>376778082
>No optimization from Gev VI; FPS drops are commonplace, despite dropping 3D functionality altogether
>Getting rid of Triple/Rotation Battles for the sake of a completely cosmetic feature (the ability to see your trainer in battle)
>Still no good male mc customization
>World is more open, but much more empty
>Plot centers around a literally who that isn't even a trainer
>Limited NPC rematches
>No daily/weekly events
>No postgame
>Festival Plaza
>Battle Tree
Need I continue?
>>
File: Mei.jpg (497KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mei.jpg
497KB, 600x700px
>>376809798
What's stopping Game Freak from adding third version content in their games to begin with?
>>
>>376810813
Diehard fans like >>376809798 who are guaranteed to buy either Sun or Moon and then third version. Easy money.
And if it's on the Switch, easy console sales.
>>
>>376810813
Why bother when they will still sell a gorillion and gamefreak drones will defend them?

>They are supposed to be RS remakes! Not Emerald remakes!
Except Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes had tons of extra content from outside their original games
>T-Those don't count!

Pokemon is the only franchise in the world where I see the fans actually defending and praising the removal of features.
>>
>>376811365
>There are fans defending the removal of super training in Sun and Moon
>There are fans who think the battle tree is better than maison when it's literally maison but with nostalgia pandering
>There are fans defending the lack of challenge throughout the story because "it's about muh journey"
>There are fans defending no new mega evos and praising the Z moves when they make the metagame bland
Pokémon fans are truly a special case in the gaming community. If a number of characters that have been in a fighting game franchise for years were removed in the most recent games, I'd be really pissed.
The whole franchise feels like it's evolving and shooting itself in the foot at the same time because they'll address issues fans had (HMs) while doing fuck all about another (the lack of challenge) and removing features people liked from the last game (PSS).
>>
>>376811884
Gamefreak is the embodiment of the phrase one step forward, two steps backwards. Except it's more like three steps backwards since they went 3D.
>>
>>376811986
>Except it's more like three steps backwards since they went 3D.
Indeed. They innovated and then removed a bunch of shit in generation 6 which resulted in one half of the fans blindly defending them and the other half calling them the worst games to ever exist in the series.
This fanbase divide really stood out in ORAS because of no battle frontier inclusion. Instead they put in a tease when Game Freak could have easily created it to make fans happy and get more sales. Instead, they all argued with each other about how good this game was until generation 7 was announced.
And now it's started again. They've innovated and removed a bunch of shit, the fanbase is arguing with each other and they'll stop when the next game/s get announced then it'll be a gay old time until they get released.
This is only going to get worse unless GameFreak make games which both innovate and keep/develop features fans liked in the last games. Think about how great Sun and Moon would have been with gyms, battle frontier, pokemon walking behind you and the PSS system.
>>
>>376800834
>battling uncatchable pokemon
Fucking retarded.

>having a solo fight for the sake of "epicness"
Also fucking retarded.

Only bad thing about Mother Beast is that it only raises 1 stat when the 3 previous totems raised all of them.
>>
File: 1473916448714.gif (501KB, 348x263px) Image search: [Google]
1473916448714.gif
501KB, 348x263px
>>376795473
>return to the grid based movement
>>
>>376811365
FRLG didn't had anything from Yellow and Crystal added fuck all to HGSS, of course they had the "extra content". Emerald is actually a different game compared to RS.
>>
I gave this some thought earlier in the week so I'd like other people's opinions. A generation is every 3 years, at the same time though it's becoming progressively clear that GameFreak isn't up to the task. Alola was small, there's still lag in several areas, on top of that there's a lot to be desired in general. Point I'm trying to get at is, should GameFreak spread out the time between games, or get a bigger team involved?
>>
>>376801768
>Trying to contain datamined information is a difficult thing, but when 75% of your game's content is revealed through trailers or children's magazine... A lot of mystery and wonder is gone.

Honestly this ruined a lot for me. When the datamine happened, turns out there was only like 4 other ultra beasts, the final stages of like 3 pokemon we already knew their pre-evolves, 3 alola forms and like only 4 pokemon and their lines we didn't know about at all.

Was underwhelming as fuck. Didn't help when the rest of the Tapus were leaked, then they revealed them not too long afterwards anyway
>>
>>376814675
More time between games if I had to pick one. It's been referred to as Nintendo's Call of Duty for a reason.
Ideally though, more time between games and a bigger team so they can maybe retain features from past games and make the postgame content fun. Or even add another region to games.
>>
>>376814883
>then they revealed them not too long afterwards anyway
Why do they keep doing this before the games are out? I was angry when they revealed the delta episode and pretty much spoiled all of it a week before the release of ORAS. It would have been a massive surprise and people would have reacted to it more positively, but it's instead considered terrible postgame because everyone knew what was coming.
>>
>>376809173
Actually you're better off breeding IVs because the bottle caps are retarded when it takes so fucking long to level them up to 100. By the time it takes to level up one, you can breed a shit ton of perfect IV babies
>>
>>376815067
Because you and other retards keep making excuses about the internet being impossible to avoid when there are tons of people that go into the games completely blind outside the initial starters and box legendaries.

Not mentioning the even worse retards that go into every single "leak" thread when untrustable reviewers with early copies start appearing.
>>
File: 1474906349745.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474906349745.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>376778082
Lillie leaves and will probably never show up again, that's what went wrong
>>
>>376815312
>when there are tons of people that go into the games completely blind outside the initial starters and box legendaries.
That's actually what I did for Sun and it was worth it. I liked it until postgame whereas all my friends who looked for every bit of info they could before release thought it was really disappointing.
>>
my only problem was that the music for this trailer was never used in-game, and there doesn't seem to be a separate version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
>>
File: 085.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
085.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
The problem is with every step forward they take a retarded step back as well.

Challenge Mode for BW2 is an example. A great idea to give the people who want more challenge something. Except you lock it behind an idiotic file sharing gimmick where you need a cleared game to use it. Then rather than realize "maybe it wasn't used because it was impossible to get really" they say "nobody used it so we shouldn't do it again"
>>
>>376816584
Pretty sure until 1:38 it's Kukui's introduction theme, which also isn't in the OST.
>>
Gen 3 was awful and ugly as shit
Thank goodness the Gamecube ones and Mystery Dungeon existed
>>
File: 03.png (19KB, 726x476px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
19KB, 726x476px
>>376801524
>D/P being slow as shit but good lord Johto is a slog
LOL
>>
Too many cutscenes
>>
>>376778082
nothing
>>
>>376778082
haven't fixed the meta that they ruined in gen VI
>>
Guys I know how to fix the series.
>Make Pokemon a open world game like it should be
>bring back gyms
>setting in a new or old region
>have actual models for Pokemon in the overworld no more random grass encounters
>big speaking areas huge lakes, long forests, big cities.
>bring back gyms
>Pokemon league also consists of the best trainers in region and only once you beat them could you try for the elite four.
>a personal want of mine is to redo Johto in this engine
This shit will never happen because game freak have never made this type of game before. Maybe if they brought in another studio to help them, or just dump game freak the have sucked since gen 2.
>>
>>376780285
When you consider that most of the sales were literally made thanks to the PGO Hype, the amount S/M sold isn't that much impressing though.
>>
File: 1458714078031.jpg (7KB, 291x204px) Image search: [Google]
1458714078031.jpg
7KB, 291x204px
>>376818830
>Make Pokemon a open world
>>
>>376788773
It looks nothing like a Switch game though. Like, yes, Switch is pretty much a handheld, that doesn't mean Sun and Moon were intended for it though. If you seriously think it graphically fits in with, say, Breath of the Wild, or what we've seen of Super Mario Odyssey, then you're blind. It was always intended to be a 3DS game.
>>
>>376818926
An fuck you bitch
>>
>>376818830
Fuck gyms, fuck open world and fuck you.
>>
>so linear and filled with roadblocks that it makes BW blush
>the twist isn't really a twist when it's the first thing you see in the game
>people don't know how to shut the fuck up
>some pokes suffer from the lategame evo syndrome, making them pretty much useless for a good chunk of the game
I'll give the game the merit of having battles more challenging than the last two entries, or even compared to some games from before those entries, but not being able to explore as much as I'd like to put a damper in my enjoyment of the game
>>
>>376819092
You must be a real huge faggot to think "trials" were better than gyms. Gyms weren't the issue it's game freak making shit gym leaders. Ever since the move to real 3d game freak have been complete shit.
>>
File: 1479020157257.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479020157257.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
Literally nothing. It's the best game since Pokemon Emerald. No shit it has a bad endgame, every generation has a bad endgame in its first iteration.
>>
Boring, bland, shit story, weak characters, rushed, lazy Elite Four, easy as all hell, shit species diversity, no postgame, no national dex, shit customization, shit online.
>>
File: Pokemon_GSC_map_Blackthorn_City.png (12KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_GSC_map_Blackthorn_City.png
12KB, 640x576px
The gym in this city was great.
>>
File: 1400547806015.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1400547806015.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
>>376819420
>SM
>best game since Pokemon Emerald.
>better than Platinum
>better than HGSS
>better than BW/2
This absolute abhorently garbage taste.
>>
>>376820092
This shit is unexcusable. It is very uninteresting. I forgot all about these gym leaders after I played the game. I don't remember one name, but I remember the Kanto Johto gym leaders very well.
>>
They fell for le cinematic experience meme.
>>
>>376778082
>no gyms

This is not a mainline pokemon game. They can say all they want, it's not a mainline pokemon game. It's like Ranger or Myster Dungeon, but it's not a mainline pokemon.

You do not remove gyms and call that "this is fine".

Fuck Game Freak, if the next game doesn't have gyms Game Freak HQ is going fucking down. This is a disgrace.
>>
6th and 7th generation suck, it's a fact, it's not about design pandering or not, i actually like a lot of designs in 7th gen (i play since gen 1 at 8 years old and played them all)

It's just that game freak totally abolish every bit of exploration there was, every bit of implication, every bit of gimmicks that make the world feel alive only to cater to a stupid shit ass story

God i barely knew how to read playing pokemon red, i was a kid so dont tell me "these games are design for kids" because

in red we didn't care about the story, the kids dont care about the story. Why was that better ? Because i could identify myself in this world and making my OWN story, kids like to fantasize, in gen 7 you cant because it's all Lily and a long corridor

In gen 1 there was multiple paths to get to a city, cave were larger, roads had a bit of multiple strings to it so you could actually wander to see everything
In gen 7 your road is a corridor, you walk a straight line and you've seen everything, there isnt one little pokeball hidden on a cliff

The dungeons, in gen 1, zapdos, moltres, articuno were hidden in dungeons, it felt actually rewarding to get to them, it was like i was braving some dangers to get one powerful pokemon
In Gen 7 it appears randomly in grass, you capture it in 2 secs then you dont care about

Postgame? In gen 1 you could capture Mewtwo in a big dungeon with highlvl and rare pokemons, do you have that in gen 7?

Stop fucking shit "genwun pandering", or "it's a kid game" I never asked for difficulty

You seem to all forget what made pokemon good.

Pokemon is like a big safari, what made us like pokemon was that feeling of exploration to get some rare pokemon.

And you know what ?
There was dungeons in gen 1, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5 with hidden and rare pokemons

that's what made them replayable and enjoyable. There isn't one bit of it in gen 6 or 7
>>
>>376793351
>not even an actual pokemon series
>>
>>376818987
Have you played it? He wasn't really referring to it graphically, he was referring it to the fucking shit framerate and optimizations. It's so fucking terrible to the point where it actually feels unplayable the second more than 2 pokemon show up on the field, as in, drops to sub 15 FPS unplayable.

They also cut shit because they couldn't add it (but are still in the files) like full model pokemon following you like in HGSS. It's a game that needed like another year of optimization or, in Game Freak's case cause they're shit at coding, just a more powerful system.
>>
X and Y were the worst gen. Prove me wrong.
Hint: You can't

>Rivals are shit
>No memorable gym leaders besides Lucario fucker Korrina and anime party member Clemont
>Different writers worked on different parts of the story and it showed: Sycamore said that mega evolution was a new, barely known thing, yet the third gym leader's town had a massive tower dedicated to it not far away or hidden at all
>Luminose mostly locked off at first visit, clothing stores accessible mostly postgame, and too many fucking cafe's.
>Obviously ultra evil Team Leader, Sycamore not suspicious of him at all despite him rambling about eternal beauty
>Region makes some sense as you travel through it at first, then randomly begins changing climates and terrain in later routes (the desert can be excused due to ultimate weapon, but still)
>Barely any trainers with more then 4 pokemon, >Even Elite 4 only have four pokemon each, even on rematch
>>
No gym leaders, instead they replaced them with boring bigger pokemon that always die in 2 hits. There's no need for strategy, or any team building outside of pvp.
>>
>>376821132
continuing

It's like game freak gave up about epicness

In gen 4, Mt Coronet was epic, it was difficult but you gotta feel like some indiana jones, you go through harsh weather and landscape

In RSE fucking road 119 is one of the fan favorites
Still in RSE, looking for the regi, it was fantastic

Getting Rayquaza at the top of Sky Pillar, the difficulty with the bicycle + high lvl pokemons
That's one of the problems in ORAS

highest lvl of wild pokemon in the skypillar
RSE: 60
ORAS: 46
>>
>>376819420
>every generation has a bad endgame in its first iteration

god i cant wait for
>pokemon Z
>pokemon delta emerald
>pokemon star

You won't get any dude, it's over, it's just first shitty iteration again and again

and i'm sorry but DPP, and BW had a better postgame than gen 6 and 7 reunited
red and blue had a better postgame
silver and gold had a better postgame
>>
File: 1491842222622.png (15KB, 360x67px) Image search: [Google]
1491842222622.png
15KB, 360x67px
>>376795473

It's time to stop posting
>>
File: 1379530013725.jpg (48KB, 253x337px) Image search: [Google]
1379530013725.jpg
48KB, 253x337px
>all these suggestions to "fix" the franchise

you're better off asking for unicorns

nothing under House Nintendo ever meaningfully evolves its core game design unless it gets superseded by direct competition
>>
>>376821132
You are right about everything else, but
>Postgame? In gen 1 you could capture Mewtwo in a big dungeon with highlvl and rare pokemons, do you have that in gen 7?
Pokemon R/B's endgame was mega shallow. Sun/Moon did have some type of endgame (it's garbage though and does not hold a fucking candle to any of the other game's post game besides X and Y which had the exact same issue) but don't go overhyping the original's post game when Sun and Moon have the same type of dungeon in the Vast Poni Plains if you go off the beaten path to catch Zygarde.
>>
>>376795008
SO WHAT

DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE STORY ?
NO ONE DOES
THE GROWN UP THINK IT IS STUPID
THE KIDS DOESNT EVEN READ IT
I WANT TO PLAY POKEMON NOT READ A FUCKING DUMB SHIT TUMBLR FANFIC
>>
>>376821513
>Region makes some sense as you travel through it at first, then randomly begins changing climates and terrain in later routes (the desert can be excused due to ultimate weapon, but still)

Kalos was the worst part about the entire thing. It's bad enough that the game itself plays like a National Dex hack with every route having completely different pokemon on it compared to literally every other route, but how the fuck is there a normal town right between two ice areas? And then right next to one of the ice areas is a god damn tropical forest? How the fuck does ANY of this make sense?

And Snowbelle City is just an ice area for shits and giggles, because apparently ONLY THE TOWN ITSELF, NOT THE SURROUNDING ROUTES is at subzero temperatures year round. How?
>>
>>376820324
The only one that's memorable is Korina, and that's only because her Lucario just decides he doesn't like her anymore and wants to go with you instead.
>>
>>376778082

>people saying ITT that Gen 7 was worst gen
>LITERALLY AFTER THE WORST GENERATION OF POKEMON TITLES WITH X/Y/OR/AS

Nothing resting on its' laurels, laziness, and not giving a fuck about battle balance. I say this as a 29 year old manchild who has been around since the beginning on and off. GEN. SIX. WAS. THE. WOOOOOOOOORST. Sun and Moon were great and anyone that says otherwise are underage, autistic, or both. Period.

ftr Emerald is my favorite mainline game next to BW2
>>
File: 1469088619601.jpg (15KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
1469088619601.jpg
15KB, 220x261px
>>376823028
>First mega evolution wasn't my kanto starter, but the fucking lucario
still kinda pisses me off, they pushed lucario hardcore
>>
>>376793118
these are both rampant issues in sm.
>>
>>376785379
GF assumes kids now are stupid. Which is wrong. Kids have always been stupid. and they still managed to beat the buggy mess that was red/blue without handholding.

Fuck Gamefreak. They're out of touch.
>>
File: 1440471327944.png (63KB, 214x301px) Image search: [Google]
1440471327944.png
63KB, 214x301px
>>376823169
I'm still kinda tilted at how not only did Charizard get two Megas, but GF goes on to market the absolute fuck out of one of them
>>
>>376789350
that's my dream too Anon

with the clothing customisation in XY and the secret base in ORAS, i really thought they would bring them together in Sun/Moon

but i guess it was too hard to have this idea for them
"muh having a base is a RSE gimmick only"
>>
>>376792971
yeah did you play sun/moon?

where are legendaries to catch ? in the wild grass ? It's no legendary i'm sorry

Where do you grind battles ? Sorry is there actually high level rematches or high lvl wild pkms ?
uh-oh
>>
>>376816584
>game is building up this theme in Tapu village
>most battle themes have some tribal drums in them
>here come the champion battle theme
>have a boring ass orchestrated version of the main theme that feels like its cut out in some parts

They had the chance of something truly beautiful and they ruined it, even the normal main theme would be better than what we ended up with.
>>
>people think Sun/Moon was bad

Did any of you even play X/Y? It's the shittiest game in the series and that game really shows it was rushed.
>>
>>376820324
At least these use Pokemon from their own region.
>>
>>376819232
"some", it's just Jangmo-o which is also only found late so eh.
>>
>too much handholding
>new Pokemon can be ridiculously hard to find
>screen still dips when there's three Pokemon at once
>story was wasted potential
>made healing items near useless so you're almost never in any trouble
>has no national dex or way to get Pokemon not in the game, which will kill the replayability in 5+ years
>exp share still fucked
>everything was easy except maybe some totem pokemon
They weren't amazing but they weren't terrible either. Certainly better than XY.
>>
>>376821132
Some of this post is right, but the majority is either false or wrong. So you deserve it.

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>376821694
Because gym leaders being defeated in 2-3 turns is such a difference?
>>
>anons ITT finally realize XY were fucking horrible games
I knew you people were smart sometimes.
>>
>>376824697
>has no national dex
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING? I WILL NEVER NOT BE MAD ABOUT THIS.
>>
>>376821725
Yeah, 60 Altaria is a super rare spawn and the only place in the game where Pokemon are that high and only on the last floor, not even the E4 has those levels unlike ORAS.
Not mentioning that ORAS forces you to fight 3 battles at 55, 70 and fucking 80 with the last two you being unable to save in between.
>>
>>376778082
Too many fucking cutscenes.
>>
>>376823915
This just in: runners do not exist and Johto was erased as a region.
>>
>>376825215
They were thinking they'd add it into Bank to make you get that too.
>>
>>376825215
Nobody serious cares about it
>>
>>376821725
>In RSE fucking road 119 is one of the fan favorites
FUCK Route 119. Worst longest fucking trek in the god damn series.
>>
The silliest and most infuriating things are version exclusive, like Guzma will only team up with you in the battle tree if you're in Moon version

Mallow and Kiawe's scenarios are version exclusive too.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.