[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? It could have been something like Hotline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hatred-300x155.jpg (15KB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
hatred-300x155.jpg
15KB, 300x155px
What went so wrong?

It could have been something like Hotline Miami

Did the developers just not have enough faith in themselves? Or were they just edgy kids trying to stay true to their artistic vision?
>>
>>376772345
The devs were only looking for a quick cash grab due to the political environment, the game sucked.
>>
>>376772640

This.

>terrible optimization
>gunplay was subpar
>graphics were shit to the point that they hindered gameplay
>"brutal kills" slowed the game down and left you vulnerable to enemy gunfire, rendering them useless
>mod tools came too late

The only thing good in it was the environmental destruction, but that's not enough to make it worth playing.
>>
>>376772640
>the political environment
?
>>
>>376772345
I enjoyed.

It was still a fun game despite all of its technical flaws

Also the ending was 10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNxQgxwx0U
>>
>>376772345

They were a new dev team that used controversy for free advertisement because they lacked the budget to have a big advertising campaign.
>>
Poles are incapable of making good games.
>>
>>376773335
At the time, it was very popular to waste money on shit to "spite the SJWs"
>>
>>376772345
>It could have been something like Hotline Miami
>purely made as shock value because of the current SJW trend going on.

No. No it couldn't have. If you would please give your attention to their next game. The ISIS turret shooting game.
You were extremely lucky that the game was anything to give a remote fuck about in the first place.
>>
>>376773645
Like dragons crown?
>>
>>376774376
Dragon's Crown was considered a good looking game before SJW's and Feminazi's decided to be offended by it.

Hatred was made during and in a response to SJW being retards and offended to everything. Entirely made to profit off of people thinking the game was some sort of statement instead of just mockery.
>>
>>376772345
The edge was completely ironic.
>>
>>376772345
>Game that targeted console gamers
>Required a top of the line computer to play
The developers only have themselves to blame.
>>
>>376775635
I don't think it was
>>
>>376773452
This is your own head canon.

The dev team are just a bunch of metalhead young adults who made an edgy game because it's the kind of game they like.

People got offended at it and giving it free publicity was likely just an unplanned bonus. They would have made the same game regardless. Look at their team group photo.
>>
>>376772345
Postal already came out in 1997 and was a lot better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.