[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ have a verdict on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fdf.jpg (669KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
fdf.jpg
669KB, 1438x810px
Does /v/ have a verdict on this game?
>>
early access/10
>>
its good if you like metroidvanias
>>
>>376770308
¡NO EARLY ACCESS ALLOWED!
>>
>>376770308
8 bit side scrolling pixel piece of shit

fuck off
>>
>>376770308

>Early Access

Get back to us when it's actually a finished product.
>>
The tag list reads like a checklist of every mostly poorly done fad of the last 5 years.

>Early Access
>Indie
>Metroidvania
>Pixel Graphics
>Rouge-like
>Procedural Generation
>>
>>376770308
The animation reminds me of old LucasArts games.

What it is thus far is pretty fun, and a design that doesn't make it inherently shitty for being unfinished.

Probably best to just hold off till it's done though, no real reason to play it till you're done and then not feel like redoing it all when it's actually done a year from now (or never, given how most early access goes)
>>
>>376770308
A ton of people started talking about this shit, saying it was "The best roguelite game to date"

Its not. Its the same shit people have been making for the last few years, but this one is "dark souls like combat".
>>
>indie
>roguelike
>soulslike
>action platformer
thats a lot of memes for one game
>>
>>376770745
you seem like an unhappy person
>>
I think its pretty fun. The controls are super tight
>>
I feel like it does what Rogue Legacy wanted to do but better. Solid foundation, just needs more content.
>>
>>376770385
>>376770385
>>376770385
>>376770385
>>376770385
this! wait a few months and wait for holiday sale if you dont think its worth the full pirce
>>
Give the devs a break. I doubt he did any type of marketing class and just use internet to promote their game. Just give copies to Youtubers and be done with it.
>>
>>376771041

OP here. As someone who really enjoys Binding of Isaac and thought Rogue Legacy was pretty fun too, I should like this game then? It looks really polished and I like the style, the lack of content is what worries me. Does it get repetitive as fuck or something? Not many items, or what?
>>
>>376771351
I've only played it for a few hours so I haven't quite exhausted all the content. Even if there are a limited number of areas/bosses currently I could see myself playing through again after beating it all once due to the random generation. It seems like there are a lot of unlockable weapons/skills which definitely helps. Based off the games you listed you'd probably like it, and if not you'll probably know within 2 hours so you can refund it.
>>
>>376771351
Isaac is on another level entirely.
Cells plays well and it's very easy to die, but it's not finished in terms of areas and bosses and doesn't have that many gamechanging mechanics to make it highly repayable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.