[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
What was the point?
>>
>>376767964
You think you're in control?
>>
>>376767964

It was Barney cucking you
>>
To show off the physics
>>
>>376767964
You did it though, didn't you?
>>
>>376767964
The illusion of choice
>>
>>376767964
The cop was bored and wanted to fuck with someone.
>>
>>376767964
I'm pretty sure it was just to teach you that you can pick up certain objects.
>>
>>376768304
Correct. It's a pretty decent way of doing a tutorial. You have to pick it up, but then you can either do what he wants or you can throw it at him, either way will allow you to proceed.
>>
In a gamewise point; show that the game has really advanced physics(for 2004) and they can get integrated into the gameplay
Storywise; an authoritarian dystopia, a future were you're fully controled by the authority and they can get away with it, and that you didn't had a choice because at that miment you were a normal citizen.

Also you might have autism if you question such obvious things
>>
BECAUSE IT WAS FUN YOU AUTISTIC NIGGER
>>
>>376768079
this

HL1 was also made for that purpose, to demonstrate the engine

Hl3 will never happen because source 2 is already released. If it were to have been released it would have been when source 2 came out to demonstrate what the engine is capable of. instead they just ported Dota 2 and made some VR game set in the portal universe
>>
>>376768097

I threw that fucking can right in his fucking face, and then ran like a ninny.
>>
To make a sick throw from far away
>>
>>376769620
>HL1 was also made for that purpose, to demonstrate the engine
Quake already demonstrated the engine. Quake was THE demonstration for the engine.

HL2 "demonstrating" physics is laughable since it wasn't even the first game to have a physics system, not by a long shot.
>>
>>376767964
HEY PEOPLE OF 2004! CHECK OUT THESE GNARLY PHYSICS!
>>
>not paying attention
>guard knocks a can and tells me to pick it up
>I assumed that I knocked the can over so I picked it up because I'm a nice person :)
Anyone else?
>>
>>376767964
I didn't understand him and missed that he was telling me to pick it up. Just thought he started chasing me for no reason. I didn't get it until like 10 years later when I saw one of these threads.
>>
>>376769620
HL1 wasn't a tech demo, it was created first and foremost to be its own game (which it succeeded so well in doing that it helped define the genre and showed it could be more than level to level shoot em ups. most modern games, indirectly or directly have been influenced by HL)
>>
>>376767964
Since some of the puzzles in the game use the physics engine, players need to be aware of how to pick up, throw and place objects.
>>
>>376769270
This, also it makes you dislike the metro cops, so when you start killing them it feels even better
>>
>>376767964
1. it show cases the physics
2. it sets the mood, world building
>>
>>376767964
Better question, why was he just standing there, facing that way, into a lobby room which only had a single door that led into a maintenance room then into a little closed outdoor area between buildings?
>>
>>376771321
>makes you feel good killing metro cops
>later on learn most of them are just on the job to support their families
>feel bad killing them now
>>
>>376771996
>>later on learn most of them are just on the job to support their families

metro cops are non humans bro. combine modified fuckers like the soldiers.
>>
>>376772076
Wrong
Barney was a fucking metrocop
>>
>>376772245
no, barney was disguised as a metro cop. how did you miss this
>>
>>376772076
You're wrong in more ways than one.

First off, the CP are human volunteers who gain additional benefits like better living conditions and more food. The only thing they're subjugated to was some sort of memory replacement when they're hired, which is why they didn't join the resistance after they started taking over, because their thoughts were changed to make them praise the Combine in their entirety. Otherwise, they're completely human.

On top of that, even the heavily modified soldier combine are still human, they're just augmented and brain-wiped.
>>
>>376767964
To show case their source engine physics. It was the top of its game then. Then they got fat after all the money they made and stopped making shit in due time.
>>
to demonstrate that pressing E picks stuff up without putting the player in any danger without being an actual tutorial
>>
>>
To demonstrate the harsh reality of the setting by subjecting the player to arbitrary abuse of authority.

Also, you witness later someone getting whupped pretty bad.
>>
>>376772346
>On top of that, even the heavily modified soldier combine are still human

No they're not and a huge deal of this is made in the game with the drawings showing the human, combine, and chimpanzee side by side

the way the combine work is that they go to a planet, genetically alter the dominant species to work better within their framework, and repurpose that species for domination purposes (this makes sense so they can still use human vehicles weapons facilities etc)

they are like 99.9% human, but they are both genetically and cybenetically altered, they are no longer human.
>>
>>376772608
>>376772870
That's the soldier variants

metrocops are canonically non-augmented
>>
>>376772608
>>376772870
Nigga "graffiti" is in your fucking filename. You see these drawings as shit some bum rebels made on the sides of abandoned buildings as an evolution joke.
>>
>>376773170
The one i posted was a random image off google. Too lazy to find a larger varient. 500x.
>>
>>376767964
D E P T H
E

P

T

H
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.