[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disgaea 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Disgaea5CompleteSwitch.jpg (308KB, 702x336px) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea5CompleteSwitch.jpg
308KB, 702x336px
I was thinking of picking this up when the physical version comes out on the 23rd. Do I have to spend 400 hours beating the previous 4 games or will I not miss out on much?
>>
>>376756372

No, the only thing you'll probably miss out on is some banter from re-appearing characters from previous games. The stories are not really connected.

These games are all about grinding, stacking stats, and killing incredibly strong enemies. No reason to do it in 5 games back to back.
>>
Stories are disconnected, D5's grind is also lighter than the other ones so it's a good game to start with.
>>
I would just buy 5. The game engine and units are mostly the same between between D2 and 5. It's more like an expansion pack than a new game. A western dev doing the same kind of "sequel" would be flamed
>>
>>376757190
>>376757029
>>376756537

thanks lads I preordered it
>>
How does it compare to 1? Haven't played any of the others.
>>
>>376757536
same here, im curious.
I loved the characters and the banter between them in 1, and the main reason i dropped 2 was because most characters were retarded and the plot sucked.
>>
Is there NG+ with all your shit getting carried over?
>>
The stories aren't connected.

You'll miss the feeling of nostalgia of having recurring characters talk with eachother, but yeah.
>>
How rare will the physical version be after it launches?

I want to get it, but i'm low on funds for the next month and a half.
>>
Are those the main characters of 5? They have horrible looking designs, that's are for Disgaea.
>>
>>376757841
You must be 5 years old to think Laharl, Flonne and MidBoss are funny or interesting.

Disagaea 1 is garbage.
>>
>>376759234
Its probably because I last played the game when it came out, both 1 and 2, so my guess is nostalgia.
>>
Random question: Is the Switch version in 720p in dock mode or 1080p?
>>
>>376759313
It runs just like it does on the PS4 ver, so 1080p.
>>376758569
You can use any of the older characters at chapter 1 if you want. All the DLC is included.
>>
File: cap.png (843KB, 782x544px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
843KB, 782x544px
>>376759313

1080p
>>
>>376760259
>>376760283
Nice, thanks anons. I'll look at picking it up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.