[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the Sega Saturn Say something nice about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Sega_saturn_2.jpg (101KB, 790x718px) Image search: [Google]
Sega_saturn_2.jpg
101KB, 790x718px
This is the Sega Saturn

Say something nice about it
>>
>>376753842
It has the best controller for retro emulation. Best dpad ever.
>>
File: so good.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
so good.gif
2MB, 333x194px
Your controller has the smoothest d-pad and is the only one that has 6 face buttons AND two shoulder buttons.
>>
You have the best controller ever.
You are the greatest 2D game machine in existence.
NiGHTS is a masterpiece.
>>
I love my Saturn. I still own a copy of Nights Into Dreams, and a few other games like Virtua Cop 2 or 3. It was a very fun system that sadly came out at the wrong time.
>>
>>376753842
Saturn Duke Nukem 3D was better than gaystation Duke Nukem 3D.
>>
hands down the sexiest console ever in terms of sheer aesthetics and weight.
>>
File: IMG_1061.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1061.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
You have a nice library, helped introduce me to imports as a young kid.
>>
>>376753842
I can see the dude taking the picture of it

it kinda looks like he set it out in front of a school or something
>>
So I bought one second hand late into it's life cycle and never used the cartridge port in the back, what's it for? An adapter for Genesis games or something? Pretty sure I tried to put a Genesis game into it and it didn't fit.
>>
>>376755103
A backup memory cartridge
A extra ram cartridge
Or just an Action Replay Plus, which gave 4mb extra RAM, AR cheat codes, Able to play import games, and to store backup memory for saves.
>>
>>376755103

Memory cards, ROM carts, or two-in-one combinations of them. And the Gameshark.

And I think the modem back when they had online games.
>>
>>376755049
>those custom cases with the wrong aspect ratio
What is up with those? I've seen a few on ebay.
>>
>>376755625
If you want to make substitute cases for the ever dwindling number of long cases, you have to make a few sacrifices.
>>
>>376756247
I just keep all my games (and bootlegs) in a giant CD book and put the cases I have on the shelf.
>>
Best controller for strictly 2D games.
Shitload of great exclusives that unfortunately never left Japan
Even a few of the localized games are considered niche gems (Shining Force 3, Panzer Dragoon, Nights, Albert Odyssey, Dragon Force, Virtua Fighter 2, Burning Rangers, etc)
>>
>>376753842

I picked you up for 50$ and a bunch of games in a school bus trade.

NBA jam was fun
>>
File: 1349330755205.jpg (49KB, 259x215px) Image search: [Google]
1349330755205.jpg
49KB, 259x215px
I remember back in the day pretty much the only good games were Japan only to such an extent my local GameStop had an entire rack dedicated to Saturn imports

what exactly was going on at Sega US back then?
>>
>>376758616
Bernie Stolar killed off the Saturn before it ever had a chance to recover.
>>
>>376758616
they thought Americans wouldn't like weeb games
>>
>>376758616
An idiot. Sega of America's policy was that Americans didn't want to play Japanese games.

They also thought that 3D was a fad, FMV games were going to be great, and that it was a good idea to spend a ton of money on designing a next gen console seperate from the next gen console Sega of Japan was designing (Also, Sega of Japan would have never went with an American design).
>>
>>376759117
>spend a ton of money on designing a next gen console seperate from the next gen console Sega of Japan was designing (Also, Sega of Japan would have never went with an American design).

Which console was that?
>>
>>376759208
It didn't come out.
They put a bunch of money into a 3DFX powered console. Sega Japan said "Costs too much. Why would anyone want a console that uses gaming PC parts? Also lolAmerica"

Sega launched the Dreamcast. 3DFX went out of business.
>>
>>376758616
Let's get a jump start on Sony by releasing our system early.
Don't worry Devs, you're games will come out, just later in the life cycle of our new system.
Wait, various retail stores are pissed off and want to blacklist our Saturn? We'll show them at the very first E3.
Here's our E3 video to promote the Saturn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ozAQjOyZ4
Wait. Sony did what at their conference?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI
Wait, some of the devs are struggling to understand the hardware, and are making mediocre games?!
Sonic Team will save us with a new Sonic game.
Sonic Team made Nights?! Where's Sonic?!
The N64 is selling better?! FUCK IT?! We'll start anew with a new system.

In general, SOA and SOJ could not agree on the same direction, it was always a step forward and a step back. Even as far back as Kalinske wanting Sonic as a pack in game for the Genesis. The 32X was the beginning of the end, an add-on released when the CD was still trying to break even, and the Saturn launched in Japan. Consumers lost confidence, and Sony swept right in to reap the spoils.
>>
>>376753842
PS1 = quantity
Saturn = quality
>>
File: tumblr_opqy98GGgr1ulp8mfo1_1280.jpg (238KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opqy98GGgr1ulp8mfo1_1280.jpg
238KB, 1280x1920px
>>376759117
Pretty much this. It was Murricans who thought the 32X was a good idea.

Also some recommended reading.
http://videogamesdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/160519389095/hideki-sato-one-of-segas-main-hardware
>>
>>376760947
wow what a manlet
>>
He's Japanese, what did you expect?
>>
>>376753842
The white version of the console looked nice.
>>
I want to make sweet love to the saturn
>>
File: Sega-Saturn-JP-Mk2-Console-Set.jpg (2MB, 4100x2280px) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Saturn-JP-Mk2-Console-Set.jpg
2MB, 4100x2280px
>>376765270
I like the color-coded ABC buttons.
>>
File: saturn.jpg (1MB, 2500x3174px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
1MB, 2500x3174px
One of the most underrated consoles of all time. Died too soon thanks to SoJ and SoA bickering.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.