[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smash for Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

New Trophies?
New stages?
Return of Break the Targets and Board the Platforms?
Better online infrastructure?
New characters?
Any veteran characters returning?
>>
File: SmashBobble.jpg (330KB, 724x1224px) Image search: [Google]
SmashBobble.jpg
330KB, 724x1224px
>>376753545
Post em if you got em
>>
>>376753545
>both stage selections from both versions
>break the targets/platforms
>absolutely zero new characters to stop rosterfaggotry
>>
>>376753545
>New characters?
Ashley
Waluigi
Tails
Knuckles
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
Inkling
>Any veteran characters returning?
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers
>>
File: 65f.png (283KB, 556x411px) Image search: [Google]
65f.png
283KB, 556x411px
Face it, if a brand new Smash Bros. came out without Sakurai at the helm, would it even be good or have a lot of content?

Who would /v/ trust to make a proper Smash Bros. sequel on Switch that isn't Sakurai? It's obvious he's burnt out on the series and doesn't ever want to make any more of them.
>>
>>376753545

Considering Samurai's health, I think the future of Smash is likely in limbo.
>>
>>376754172
>>376754062
A port of Sm4sh is very likely, though.
>>
>>376754062

What makes you think that? He's been obsessively devoted to the franchise from the start; his arms are literally self destructing from carpel tunnel, which is what worries me.

Smash 5 on the Switch doesn't seem guaranteed, yet.
>>
>>376754359
He's said Brawl was supposed to be his final swan song for the series, and he only directed Smash 4 because Iwata was very adamant on him about it.

If it weren't for his close ties to Iwata before his president title change, I doubt Sakurai would have directed Smash 4. He also complains how stressful and demanding on his health making a new Smash game is.
>>
>>376754545
Didn't they announce Smash 4 before getting him to direct it too?
>>
>>376754282
>Switch already being resigned to half-assed ports and gimmicks.

I loved my Wii U just because I could play Wii games via the tablet, but GODDAMN I hope Nintendo hasn't genuinely abandoned their first party.
>>
>>376754545

Right; it's not a lack of passion, it's because he's worked himself to near death making Smash the tremendous success it is today.

The ride has to end eventually.
>>
How would everyone feel if instead of a port they made a new game with the same engine? Then released it late 2018-mid 2019?
>>
>>376755059

Smash has always been built on a proprietary engine I believe; it's likely that Smash 4 and share a lot of the same fundamental code already.

The biggest time/money investment is always going to be the EXTREME number of assets, unique characters, and therefore playtesting.
>>
>>376755296
"Smash 4 and Brawl
>>
>>376753545

>New characters?

Nintendo went out of their way to convince Konami to make a new Bomberman, so he's pretty much in.

Then Inkling and Spring-Man/Ribbon Girl.

>Any veteran characters returning?

Ice Climbers are already done and only didn't get in becuase 3DS couldn't handle them

And like previously said, Nintendo got Konami to listen, so there's a slight but real chance of a Snake return Good luck at getting Hayter again though
>>
>>376753545

Bayo got in so you can bet your ass Travis is next.
>>
the fuck are they supposed to do with the Zelda characters? TP is over 10 years old
>>
>>376754673
Had the Wii U been a successful console I'd agree, but it has a library with a number of games that not a lot of people played.

Splatoon got a new game, but I'd expect a port of Xenoblade X down the line, or the original Xenoblade bundled with Xenoblade 2 like Bayonetta was. Bayonetta 2 too. Maybe a pack with Dong Freeze, 3D World and Yoshi's Wooly World or something, or digital releases of them. There's also Pikmin 3, Star Fox, etc.

Of course they'd better not drop the first part support in favor of ports, but I won't complain if they do a number of re-releases too.

New Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Mario Kart are sure to come eventually.
>>
>>376754062
Samurai's crap is why we have gutted single player, Smash Island, and awful menus in Smash 4. Fuck him.
>>
>>376755623
>Playing Smash for single player

Consider suicide.
>>
Melee HD
>>
>>376756870
keep dreaming
>>
My hopes:

>proper Classic mode
>new Adventure mode
>Brawl's sticker system instead of equipment
>more unique custom moves (Samus with Power Bombs, Lucario with Bone Rush, etc.)
>option to use custom moves online (at least without the equipment)
>hazard free mode for stages
>>
>>376754062
fans hold this autistic ideology where "No Sakurai = X character can join Smash"

which is pretty darn wrong since priorities are an important thing in Smash Bros and Sakurai isn't the only dude deciding who joins the roster or trophies.

see: Harada and Sakarai denying Heihachi's chance to Smash
>>
>>376754545
to be real honest, he also said he treats every development of Smash as if it were the last game in the series

makes you wonder why he kept saying X is the last game
>>
>>376755764
just play project M ex, its got a better engine and smash4 characters

most importantly, shadow
>>
>>376754062

He said it's his last Smash for every Smash game since Melee, then sometime after development he shows interest in making another. After Smash 4 he said he enjoyed working on new characters like Ryu and wants to continue.
>>
File: CH4OS.png (185KB, 862x430px) Image search: [Google]
CH4OS.png
185KB, 862x430px
>>376757636
>and smash4 characters
>buggy, broken, and poorly animated PSAs based on Smash 4 characters
i know you're a modder from Brawl Vault but man, get some standards.

and while we're on topic about good Smash mods.
>>
File: Berudmondo.png (967KB, 732x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Berudmondo.png
967KB, 732x1236px
>>376753653
>>
Give us more alternate costumes, especially for people with split costumes. Jesus Christ Wario actually lost some from Brawl to 4.
>>
>>
Krystal
>>
What would be the best console for me?

I hate pokemon games.

I hate zelda games.

I hate the difficult games.

And I only play Games Rated E For Everyone on the ESRB
>>
>>376758797
3DS if you like Kirby
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.