[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if i sound stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Hey guys im new to video games and i was planning on buying overwatch on pc, but ive heard people say its pay to play.What do they mean by that?
Will i still have to pay more after i buy it?
>>
stupid
google it you nigger
>>
>>376751425
FUCK YOU
>>
No, you buy the game and play it forever. Just like every other game
>>
>>376751425
only if you care about skins, which don't alter gameplay, and which you will collect for free after playing anyway.

also, don't play 60 bucks for this game. get the basic version.
>>
>>376751425
No pay to play is in reference to free to play. If it had a sub people would say it's subscription based.
>>
Just google it, but basically you'd only have to pay if you wanted to. For cosmetics and other things that play no role in gameplay.
>>
It's just basic pay2play, all other purchases are 100% cosmetic
>>
>>376751425

Pay to play usually refers to the fact you have to buy the game.

There are optional microtransactions after you buy it for cosmetics and shit I think in the form of RNG loot boxes, I think you also have a chance of getting them if you just play a lot too.
I don't know exactly, I don't play it.
>>
Alright thanks guys
>>
>>376751425
Pay to play means you pay monthly subscription in order to play the game. Stop paying the sub, and you'll be locked games. Usually this is done for MMOs like World of Warcraft or EVE Online.

Pay to Win are games where paying money gives you a competitive advantage. Games like this are Tf2 and Planetside 2.

There is a new thing that I don't know the name of. Pay for looks? Pay to be cool? It's games where cosmetics can be earned through playing, or you pay money to unlock them fast. Overwatch is one of them.

Games can be a mix of all 3. Like World of Warcraft.
>>
Usually when people reserve the term pay to play for MMOs, they mean that you have to pay monthly to keep playing but that's not the case for overwatch.

If OW was an MMO the business model would be called buy to play which means you pay once and you can keep playing until the game goes offline.
>>
>>376751886
So i have to pay $60 each month?
>>
how old are you
>>
>>376752029
No, are you fucking stupid? You pay once and the game is yours.
>>
>>376752029
>>376751425
Overwatch is B2P (buy to play), buy once and never again. It does offer ingame transactions for bonus cosmetics though, which are optional
>>
/thread
>>
File: Christine_clip.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Christine_clip.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
Overwatch is buy to pay. You buy to pay to buy.
>>
>>376751425
You pay money to play it.
Aka, you buy it.
>>
>$60
>1 game mode

goog doyim
>>
>>376752029
$40 for the base game and that's it.

World of Warcraft is $60 for the game, $15 q month.
>>
>new to videogames
>goes to fucking /v/
Hmm, alright..
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.