[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier: Automata Combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 19

File: 9089.jpg (164KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
9089.jpg
164KB, 2048x1356px
No matter how much gameplay I watch of this game, it just doesn't look compelling at all. It just seems like it switches between 2D Sidescroller, 2D Bullet Hell, 3D Bullet Hell, and 3D Hack N' Slash, all which have been done to death. Are there any interesting mechanics specific to the game that differentiate it from standard fare bullet hell, hack n slash, etc? I have heard so many great things about the narrative, and I really want to get this game. I just can't convince myself that the gameplay won't feel repetitive.
>>
>>376747786
>for once get an rpg that a good combat system
>everyone on /v/ complains that it's boring
can't make this shit up.
>>
This thread perfectly sums up every Nier Automata thread.
>>
>>376748536
I'm not saying it's boring. I'm just saying that it LOOKS boring. What is it about the combat system that you thought was fun?
>>
>>376748536
>nier automata
>rpg
A shallow as fuck "leveling system" doesn't make it an rpg
Its an open world hack&slash
>>
>>376747786

Original Nier did genre switching better
>>
>>376749084
b-but my idol taro-san said it was RPG
>>
>>376747786
The only "great" thing about the game is the horndog pandering
I mean come on look at nier 1
>>
>>376749205
>[war of your choice] occured so you had the freedom to post this
>>
>>376747786
I think is a great game
But looking at that screenshot, the only thing that comes to my mind is licking that sweet wet pussy.
I'm kinda sorry for this, but it's just the way ut is
>>
>>376748161
This.
>>
>>376747786
meme game
2brap
>>
>>376749596
lmao thanks for the attempt anyways
>>
>>376748536
It tried to be an RPG and an Action Game and it failed miserably at being either.
>>
>hear all kinds of massive praise about the game
>constantly get more and more excited about playing it
>ask gamestop for copies for weeks but they continuously get sold out
>finally get a copy, start playing
>characters and story is mediocre as fuck, has no momentum, no stakes and no reason to care about the bland characters
>gameplay is fine but in a game this long it turns into tedious mashing instead of consistently improving
>finally get to the famed ending E that everyone, their mother and their mothers dogs fleas have been raving on about to the high heavens
>expect some massive reveal or conclusion that redeems it all and makes all the pointless running around the empty open world meaningful
>lol nawh, its an incredibly out of place 4th wall break that goes for some "subtle" commentary about interactive mediums and the concept of caring about fictional characters
>instead of you know - telling and concluding a satisfying story
>come online
>realize that the game has fuckloads of side information, lore, character depth and other interesting stuff hidden in nipponese concerts and stage plays
>to experience any of that content, you need to read fan translated fucking pastebins just so that you didn't spend full price for a game about bland characters doing meaningless things in a meaningless world
>people actually defend this
Fucking turbo cancer this game was.
Holy god I wanted to like it but fuck me does it make it difficult for me to do so. Even the quests are worse than witcher 3s quests, which in itself is an accomplishment
>>
>>376747786
I'm not gonna lie I thought the combat looked pretty lame too but I bought it on a whim and it's actually not so bad.

The only problem I have with it is that they lock so many mechanics like countering, 'witch time' and dodge offset behind the chip system that it means you could go through the entire game and never get to experience these mechanics or you could get the chips and then die and lose them which means you're essentially gimped.
>>
>>376749596
I feel you bruv
also tonguing that sweet fartbox
>>
>he fell for the "I didn't buy this game because of the virginbait slut girl! I promise!" meme
Sucks to be you lol.
>>
>>376747786
I look forward to your masterpiece game you must be working on due to your deep criticism of this game.
I'd love a run down on what things your game will do which have not been done to death.
Well?
>>
>>376750265
it's a meme so people can fit in for liking something niche and feeling special for that.
>>
>>376750421
>you can't criticize something if you yourself aren't also making things in that medium or genre
Are you fucking 12?
>>
>>376750265
>realize that the game has fuckloads of side information, lore, character depth and other interesting stuff hidden in nipponese concerts and stage plays
>to experience any of that content, you need to read fan translated fucking pastebins just so that you didn't spend full price for a game about bland characters doing meaningless things in a meaningless world

I dislike when games do this, I can understand they can't fit every little detail into the game sometimes but I don't like having to go hunting for info from 3rd parties so I can get the full picture.
>>
>>376750265
>when you're so autistic you feel the need to spam your pasta in every thread relating to a game

Are you trying to be the next 10 days platinum fag for Bloodborne? Are you the actually the same person?
>>
>>376750625
>Justifying criticism on an irrelevant premise.
Are you fucking 12?
>>
>>376747786
combat is below par
spam attack and dodge or spam hacking to win. difficulties are disappointingly poorly tuned
however it doesn't stop it from being a good RPG.
>>
>>376749073
>three-dimensional bullet hell with a personal turret
>customizable weapon sets with combos and counters
>swapping between customized skill sets

i mean, this is a very complete game. it doesn't have the deepest combat system, but it's compelling enough. what the fuck else are you going to play desu.
>>
File: 1493758397328.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493758397328.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
Primary forms of response from Taro dicksuckers in reaction to their favorite madman meme being criticized.

1. You don't get it! (no further explanation)
2. Alright, it's not deep, but when the anime character died I felt really sad.
3. It cannot been expressed how full of depth his games are, as the game's scenarios are presented in such a way that the viewer can take literally ANY interpretation from them, gaining an infinite amount of knowledge.
4. You have to read the translated stage play to understand the true depth these games. No, I'm not going to give you a link. (but when a western studio like Bungie does this with Destiny it's trash)

The fanbase is a contrived meme.
>>
>>376747786
Help /v/, i dont know if im playing the game right, but i feel it too mechanical. There is no much difference between weapons. It is like that or im just playing the game wrong?
>>
>>376750810
>pasta
I wrote that from scratch just now anon
Also, good job on actually arguing how any of this garbage is acceptable.
>>376750696
When Destiny did it with its Grimoire Card system, everyone thought it was horrible and badly thought out, but when Nier does it its somehow so divine and amazing.
>I can understand they can't fit every little detail into the game sometimes
Its not even a question about that though.
Theres so many things in the game that had no place being there and could have easily been spent on something better - like fleshing out everything that mattered. For example:
Why does the game have a leveling system? What do the levels actually, concretely do?
Why is the game open world?
Why is 95% of the open world barren fucking nothingness?
Why are 90% of the quests pure fetch quests with no voiced dialogue?

Cutting those things alone and making the game more focused on its strengths would have already fixed it tenfold. But no, now its a pseudo-rpg, mediocre action game with a story and main cast that feels unfinished and wholly unsatisfying.
>>
>>376747786
the game is for fanboy weebs to masturbate over muh sexi robits
unless you like actually game play, and are not into sexi tiem robut PPFFFFFFFTTT then buy something else
but hey, your not mature enough to make your own decision since you need validation from anons

faggot
>>
>>376747786
The best game to combine good story and gameplay that is straight up fun in 2017. When I fucking sway away one-hit death bullets to air dash into the boss unleashing a long combo string that spear and sword can provide while jumping and throwing myself to the other side to avoid hacking waves from crucified allies turned enemies and the music melts it all so well together in 60 FPS. That´s pure bliss.

There´s nothing to really tell you other than to simply not buy it then if none of that is of interest. I´m sure Overwatch is more your speed with 10+ characters and several maps with three-five missions variety and rank. Or maybe LoL with 100+ champs. I don´t see why you are hung up on getting a game that so many people like when it´s not to your taste.
>>
>>376751198
No, thats just how the combat is. The weapons don't feel distinct and different because they're not.
>>
>>376749084
The chip and weapon + pod system gives a lot of option to play around with. Is good enough RPG for majority of the players.
>>
File: iwrpiybq.png (13KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
iwrpiybq.png
13KB, 744x615px
>>376751108

did this become a copypasta
>>
>>376747786
then dont buy it, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>376749084
Nierfags just call it an RPG to excuse the combat.

If you criticise the rpgs elements they'll tell you its not an RPG.
>>
>>376751318

>Uh-oh! There's a new game that everyone is praising! I better grab my trench coat and fedora before posting on /v/ about why this game is shit! I'll show them that I am the one with superior taste in video games!

Better use your computer time wisely before mom comes home!
>>
>>376751589
I posted something similar in a thread yesterday during an embarrassing Taro thread and I just posted it again with a bit more elaboration.
>>
>>376751405
>When I fucking sway away one-hit death bullets to air dash into the boss unleashing a long combo string that spear and sword can provide while jumping and throwing myself to the other side to avoid hacking waves from crucified allies turned enemies and the music melts it all so well together in 60 FPS. That´s pure bliss.
What you described happens 3 hours into the game, and is never done that well ever again in the game. What you described is a boss fight that melds all kind of crazy shit and becomes greater than the sum of its parts. And you justify the empty open world, garbage quest design and mediocre at best characterisation and storytelling on those incredibly specific moments that are very few and far between? Have fun wasting time and money I guess.
>>
>>376750313
What the fuck are you on about? You get it at the start of the game. You can just go and retrieve it if you die. Time even stops when you pick it up during a failed boss battle. At worst, just fucking reload your save. Jesus. And can´t you just buy it from the stores for cheap?
>>
friendly reminder that the people who are vehemently opposed to this game are too poor to afford it.
>>
File: 20170328074230.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170328074230.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>376747786
>>
The only problem with the combat in this game is that its too easy, and thats the faults of the difficulty setting.

Normal is way too easy
Hard is pretty hard, if you stay at around the same levels as the robots

Then put in levelling mechanics, where you can make Hard pretty damn easy by being 5+ levels than the enemies youre fighting

They really should have made the exp gains from enemies be practically negligent if you're 2 levels above them.
>>
File: 1492480399126.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1492480399126.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>>376751697

good luck in your (you) hunting, I hear the fish are really biting today!
>>
>>376751820
>(you) meme
newfag indicator
>>
I think the game has are the following problems:

>lack of moves. There's no stinger, roundhouse, grabs etc.
>weapon combos are a straight chain: square>square>square>square etc.
>can't combine light and heavy attacks
>essentially just four weapons
>unbalanced. Either too easy or one-hit k.o.
>no penalty for healing. Just pause the game and eat as many restores as you want
>perfect dodge is easy and safe to do
>juggles and cool combos can't shine because the game throws too many enemies at you at the same time
>high level enemies have constant hyperarmor
>same level enemies have low hp

Watch some of donguri's combo videos to see the combat system used in full, and that even requires the enemy takes no damage cheat.

For being Nier 2 I think it was fine, but as an action game it's kinda lackluster.
>>
>>376750313
So are chips a finite resource that you can lose? From a cursory look at the wiki it says you can get them from enemy drops. All of the mechanics you mentioned seem like a lot of fun though. Never got the chance to play Bayonetta; might pick up Nier given that the combat has similar mechanics and is from the same dev.

>>376750421
My point is that for a hack and slash or bullet hell game to feel fresh at this point, it needs to incorporate some twist to the formula, or just be incredibly well polished. From what I've seen, there aren't many instances where Nier is adding something interesting and unique to these genres. Given that people enjoy the game, I assume that I'm wrong. I made the thread to ask people what I was missing out on from watching gameplay clips as opposed to playing the game.
>>
>>376747786
It's not for you, it's not a perfect game made specifically for your gameplay novelty thrill.
>>
>>376751491
>The chip and weapon + pod system gives a lot of option to play around with
>options in combat now mean its an RPG
DMC3 confirmed RPG
MGR confirmed RPG
Bayonetta confirmed RPG
Do you realize how retarded all this sounds?
>>376751679
This cancerous fanbase isn't too far off from becoming the equivalent of Bloodbornefags.
What, do you want a timestamp of my copy as well or something next?

Now we just need to wait for GOTY awards so you cretins can justify not actually providing any counter arguments even more.
Maybe you can give Witcherfags a run for their money in that respect too.
>>
>>376751679
Because it's just impossible to consider that now that people have spent time with the game it's flaws have come to light? no no it's definitely a 10/10 flawless masterpiece
>>
File: 1489182975656.jpg (54KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1489182975656.jpg
54KB, 760x570px
somebody please hit me with a torrent link that's not buried behind popups on skidrow
>>
>>376747786
Buy it and try it for 2h on Steam or try the pirated version.
>>
>>376747786
>>376747786
No one give a fuck about your worthless opinion, but posting 2B's butt is always worth a (You). Do it more. It's probably the only thing of value you've done this year anyway.
>>
>>376752026

post more rare wikihows and maybe
>>
File: 1476979951637.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476979951637.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>376751963
>tfw you've been on these threads for so long that every thread feels like deja vu

I swear I've seen this exact same post, probably made by the exact same poster, and it will probably get the exact same response 10 times now.
>>
File: nT4yX7b.jpg (64KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
nT4yX7b.jpg
64KB, 900x675px
>>376752145
please anon, wikihows are all I have
>>
>>376752140
Funny enough, its also the only value this game has.
>>
>>376751890
Combat does get a little repetitive especially once you have full upgrades and wave chips. But by this point you are basically running to the next story point anyway.
I still found it fun however. But it's a far cry from something like ninja gaiden etc.
>>
>>376751706
>Empty open world
>Garbage quest
I found the quests charming and the world fun to explore and see. The little crazy kung-fu robot at the rooftop being smug fucker even though you hand his ass on to him several times, The racing puzzles with the speeding flying saucer, The pretentious fedora robot with his fans and so on. Seeing the vast desert and surfing the sand, seeing the new beginning area being changed after a Goliath laid waste to it, getting the view of the ruined city with the first gay android battle and so on. They are all fantastic when you consider them as a whole.

I hope you were not running around like a retard doing the quests and simply the quests. The main missions often led to the quests areas, so there was no tedium when you do them at the right time instead of running off to finish said quest only.
>>
>>376752078
Oh shit. I didn't realize steam had a <2hr played refund policy. This is probably the way to go. ty
>>
>>376751890
you can buy (shitty)chips in resistance camp, they drop from (respawning)enemies, you can pick them up from (respawning) android bodies
>>
>the only criticisms people on this board have of this game are
>"Y-you have to beat it five times for the real ending...!"
Guess what faggot
YORHA IS DESIGNED SOLELY TO BE DESTROYED
HUMANS ARE EXTINCT
LAST BOSS IS CREDITS
>>
>>376752472
>I found the quests charming
The written dialogue is fine, but the actual tasks themselves are absolute mindnumbing shlock. Even funnier quests like Father Servo have you going to get nuts and bolts every 5 minutes because thats the only thing the game knows how to do.
You're ignoring the actual things you're doing in favor of some written text thats mildly amusing - ignoring gameplay aspects and the things happening to you in favor of small glimpses of mediocre humor.
>world fun to explore and see
What is there to explore? What is there to find or discover? No, seriously, what does the world have thats so interesting? Its not exactly ubisoft-tier in its horrible copy pasted content, its ubisoft-tier in its horrible copy pasted environment with nothing fucking in it.
>The main missions often led to the quests areas
Yes, and the main quests are a part of the problem. Literally the first mission in the game after the prologue is a fetch quest that even 9S whines about.
>>
>>376752824
>Those spoilers

Those arent even the best spoilers
>>
>>376747786
It's the first nier with slightly more depth. balance is just as bad but in some different areas.
>>
DUDE YOKO TARO LMAO did you know he threatened to fire ppl if he didnt make the best butt? HOW IS ONE MAN SO BASED! SOME ONE LET ME OFF HIS WILD WACKY MADMAN MEME RIDE! based. BASED. BASED!!!!
>>
>>376753131
did you know that he laughed when his friend died? haha, epic.
>>
>>376751869
>lack of moves. There's no stinger, roundhouse, grabs etc.
Stinger is in. Grabs are in, but they are more like finishers instead of Nero´s grab. Roundhouse can be done if you unequip your heavy slot.
>weapon combos are a straight chain: square>square>square>square etc.
Most of them are, but you should look up the hidden moves. Several nips have done combo videos, look them up.
>can't combine light and heavy attacks
Now you are just retarded. You can combine them, there is even infinite combo if you do.
>essentially just four weapons
If you mean types, sure.
>unbalanced. Either too easy or one-hit k.o.
Normal is indeed too easy, but hard is good enough, you get two-four hits before you go down unless you lv up and put in some OP chips.
>no penalty for healing. Just pause the game and eat as many restores as you want
Agree
>perfect dodge is easy and safe to do
Is like Bayonetta. Unwitchtime enemies replaced with bullets that you can´t dodge instead. Is good enough change.
>juggles and cool combos can't shine because the game throws too many enemies at you at the same time
Agree
No real problem with that.
>same level enemies have low hp
Seems fine to me

Your problem is you went in and wanted DMC 3,4, MGR and Bayonetta.
>>
>>376751108
You forgot to mention that article they love linking that just draws parallels between the game and historical events and some times basic ideas of some old philosopher, I actually read that whole thing.
>>
>>376747786
Why don't you just go back to your WAHOOO Man then?
>>
>>376753240
because all the game does is present and reference, so that's really all they have to go on.
>>
>>376752902
>World fun to explore and see
Can't defend that shit, I felt it was more of a hub world, I was glad it was as small as it was.
>Main quest fetch quests
There's only one fetch quest in the game's main quest line.
>>
>Hating on a popular but GOOD game
When did /v/ start acting like /a/?
>>
>>376753540
literally neither of those things
>>
>>376753540
Kill la Kill is absolute shit.
>>
>>376753540
When /v/ started excusing the flaws of games because it gives them a boner.

When half the threads started being say something nice about her threads
>>
>>376751108
Of these, 3 probably bugs me the most
>>
Is 3C3C1D119440927 worth it?
>>
>watching lets plays
>>
>>376753404
True, yet they still think that long ass article they probably haven't even fully read proves how deep and philosophical the game is.

I actually liked the game but how people try to convince others and themselves that the game is philosophically deep is retarded.
>>
>>376753601
First part is objective truth. Second part is subjective. You can disagree with the second part and walk away like a normal human, but you walked away like a retard by denying the truth on the first part.
>>376753753
There´s no perfect game. Automata is a fun and the girl being hot is just a plus.
>>
>>376753540
>popular but GOOD game
yaah bro, because its popular and blanket statement "good", we should all just post anime ass for weeks and weeks instead of actually discussing video games!
I bet you thought the game was a flawless masterpiece too.
>>
>>376754106
>Good = Flawless masterpiece
You irrational hate about the game that stems from people enjoying themselves over a very sexual looking fictional character is more worrying than anything else in this entire thread. Is this your first year on /v/? Waifufaggots has been here since they first discovered masturbation.
>>
>>376747786
Play it and youll understand you moron.
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 165x105px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 165x105px
>>376753878
Is this a nipple? Should I buy this?
>>
>>376747786
looked boring as fuck when i watched cohhcarnage stream it for like 45 mins
>>
>>376753878
Nier:A is my current GOTY

But that DLC is not worth it, I dont regret it, but I don't recommend it either.
>>
>>376747786
Great job OP, my boss liked the picture so much he gave me a promotion.
>>
>>376747786
The gameplay is extremely repetitive.

It's like Transformers Devastation meets Furi, but not good

Play it for the story.
>>
File: Niertomato.jpg (256KB, 1276x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Niertomato.jpg
256KB, 1276x1032px
>hear talks about this epic deep character driven story that drove multiple anons to tears
>bland character 1 dies 40% in and it has no effect whatsoever because a puddle of piss has more depth than her
>bland character 2 and 3 die simultaneously and the game ends with a 4th wall break that goes for some ebin meta narrative about interactive mediums
>game fucking ends
>mfw
At least the music is good I guess.
>>
File: NieRAutomata 2017-05-12 11-40-06.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NieRAutomata 2017-05-12 11-40-06.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
>>376754381
A2's costume is ace but the other two are bad.
>>
It's a great game, all attempts at bashing it on /v/ so far have been biased as fuck.
I'm sorry you feel too embarassed to play the game in front of your parents american shitkids, I really am.
>>
>>376747786
Honestly the only good part to me was a segment near the end where it very rapidly switches between all of those gameplay styles
>>
File: IMG_6866.jpg (79KB, 700x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6866.jpg
79KB, 700x542px
This thread had a criminal lack of robutt
>>
>>376754301
>You irrational hate
Pure projecting there, you haven't even read the thread or even realized who you're responding to.
What you're doing is going into threads discussing the flaws of certain games and going
>ABLOO BLOO B-BUT THE GAME IS POPULAR GUISE, WHY THE HATE? :(((
Holy fuck, end yourself.
>>
>>376753209
>Stinger is in. Grabs are in, but they are more like finishers instead of Nero´s grab. Roundhouse can be done if you unequip your heavy slot.
Only the light sword and spear have stingers if I remember correctly. Anyway, I should have said "gap closer" like the forward, forward, square with shuraba in bayonetta.
>Most of them are, but you should look up the hidden moves. Several nips have done combo videos, look them up.
>Now you are just retarded. You can combine them, there is even infinite combo if you do.
I know of the "dual weapon" move. I meant combo chains like punch, punch, kick. Should have listed it in the straight chain point.
>Is like Bayonetta. Unwitchtime enemies replaced with bullets that you can´t dodge instead. Is good enough change.
I like this, but I think bullet density and patterns were not very good. Not to be a threat in most fights at least.
>No real problem with that.
It stops you from juggling and comboing them.

>Your problem is you went in and wanted DMC 3,4, MGR and Bayonetta.
It's true...
>>
File: b0365026_58afa34cb77ec.jpg (117KB, 794x1199px) Image search: [Google]
b0365026_58afa34cb77ec.jpg
117KB, 794x1199px
>>376747786
>>
>>376754731
Seems like you are not reading the posts. The guy stated that he hates that people go "2b is cute, say something nice about it", which /v/ has been doing for a long time. Is a classic tale of hating popular things.

If you refer to all the shitty sidequests and open world meme as bad things, that´s you. Not that guy.
>>
File: 1492553841060.png (523KB, 1150x382px) Image search: [Google]
1492553841060.png
523KB, 1150x382px
>>376751318
>when Nier does it its somehow so divine and amazing
Nobody likes it though.
>>
>>376755050
all 2b cosplayers are butterfaces
>>
>>376748536
>>for once get an rpg that a good combat system
>>good combat system

rpg system is mediocre, world design is a joke, hack n slash is a step down even from rising, bullet hell is shit.
They bit off more than they could chew, and all of its elements turned out mediocre
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
>>376755175
>>376755050
Her nose though.
>>
>>376755098
>The guy stated that he hates that people go "2b is cute, say something nice about it", which /v/ has been doing for a long time. Is a classic tale of hating popular things.
No, he came in the thread and literally said
>/v/ hating on a popular but GOOD game
As if that somehow made legitimate criticism and discussion of the games flaws null and void somehow.
>>
>>376754864
Well all thing considered. I have to admit that I wanted more humanoid and monsters to kill. Whacking cute robots and robots in general isn´t all that fun. Should have had more blood and guts. I forgot to mention that you can actually juggle enemies without doing dodge counter, which most people never found out. But alas they are still metal heaps you crush.
>>
>>376754864
>>Your problem is you went in and wanted DMC 3,4, MGR and Bayonetta.
>It's true...
Play Transformers

It lacks any sort of relevant story, but it's a multi-character open-world action game with actual fucking action game mechanics, and it has all of the best parts of Automata's "RPG elements" in the form of TECH chips and weapon mod synthesis that lets you create "builds" for specific advantages.
>>
>>376755151
Are you kidding?
Theres threads and constant discussion in here and /vg/ when new information is revealed from the concerts.
>>
>>376755341
We refer to two different posts champ.
>>
>>376747786
fart
>>
>>376755456
BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING METAL HEAPS. WHEN CAN I SLICE AND DICE LIKE IN MGR?
>>
>>376755403
>needs moar blood n gutz
What are you, 5?
>>
>>376755281
I like the game but I do think it could have done better without the bullet hell sections.

They felt long-winded and broke up the flow of the cooler hacking and slashing parts (plus I can't see 2B's glorious ass)
>>
>>376755456
I should do that.
Was just expecting to play a good action game with the looks that automata has.
>>
>>376755635
>plus I can't see 2B's glorious ass
cant see it for 80% of the game anyway
>>
>>376755473
Ever thought that might be because people actually care for the lore of these games?
Who gives a flying fuck about the story in fucking Destiny?
Also no one's forcing you to look for the stuff at all, the games are complete with or without the fluff.
>>
>>376747786
>good prologue
>chapter one
>''go and get me materials slut robot''

I'm disappointed
>>
>>376755595
>MMA
>Hockey
>Fight Club
>All the killing in video games
>News
>Fiction
Men crave violence. As simple as that.
>>
why does robot wear heels?
>>
>>376755568
I mean, cutting stuff to pieces is visually impressive (and it's a pretty incredible technical feat) but it doesn't make for solid gameplay

>>376755705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0u32KjfD30&t=417s

Transformers is MECHANICALLY (in my opinion) the best action game Plat has ever put out. It's Bayonetta's melee, Vanquish's shooting, Nier's customization, and some pretty amazing movement mechanics in vehicle mode.

It's a real shame that the game was so content sparse due to budget. I shill it forever because it deserves to be the framework for an actual goddamn game.

I will say this, though: Nier did the 2D/bullet hell segments much better. TFD does them, and it actually gets pretty clever with some of the challenge missions (it emulates, among other things, old arcade shooters, Doom, side-scrolling beat em ups, and others) but it doesn't really do it as well as Automata does in that regard.
>>
bait for weeb virgins
>>
>>376756141
Hey John, how's the bitch?
>>
File: 9272.webm (3MB, 800x374px) Image search: [Google]
9272.webm
3MB, 800x374px
>>376749073
You dont play it for the combat, its the weakest platinum game by far. Its just a really good game.
>>
>>376752026
qbittorent search bar
>>
>>376755473
Obviously people follow it, but I'm sure those people would much prefer if this information was in the game, or at least were being officially translated.
>>
>>376756023
I'm was already sold on the game after watching some of saurian's combo/explanation videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2U019sSL3I

>I will say this, though: Nier did the 2D/bullet hell segments much better.
Still the bullet patters were kinda dissapointing. I was expecting some sort of 3d danmaku shit. Guess I overhyped.
>>
>>376747786
Just don't play it then, really.
>>
File: neartomatos.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
neartomatos.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>376756379
fk i meant weakest combat in any platinum game. Little to no combos but its smooth atleast.
>>
>>376756379
>its the weakest platinum game by far
Platinum has made some pretty lackluster games man, I wouldn't put the legend of korra above nier for example.
>>
>>376756459
The thing is, Automata could have done the danmaku thing better if it had disabled jumping in top-down view segments like Furi did.

It's hard to develop good danmaku when you can leap over the wave of shots. Ironically the few orbital drop gear segments were the best take on shmup gameplay that Automata had.

3D danmaku is an interesting concept but a bitch to execute in practice without being total bullshit due to the inability to move freely in 3D.
>>
File: absolutamente asqueroso.jpg (55KB, 479x592px) Image search: [Google]
absolutamente asqueroso.jpg
55KB, 479x592px
>>376756548
>>
Graphics kind of suck
Soundtrack is great
Story is ok
Gameplay feels like a worse version of ICEY in 3d, which is fine
Overall a good game, but not great
>>
>>376756565
I dunno. Korra's Just Charge ki mechanic was really cool, even though the game didn't spend a ton of time explaining it.
>>
>>376756023
>Turn into car and do DmC pull
>BnB combo witht that spin
>Repeat
Seems to like variation on the moves. Might be fun but is not CRUAAZY
>>
>>376756548
The floating swords mechanic is cool. The lack of dial strings does hurt the game but the ability to dodge-cancel an attack and keep the hurtbox/stunlock going enables some nifty shit.

At any rate it's leagues beyond, mechanically, TMNT.
>>
>>376756548
eh, it had more depth than Transformers which boiled down to doing a combo hitting the ramming speed button then doing either the same combo or the one other combo you have that's useful

at least N:A you can switch between two different weapon sets on the fly that have three useful combos each, assuming you're not an idiot that put swords in every slot
N:A also has the three different pod types you can switch between on the fly, which can each be equipped with a different pod program super move
>>
>>376756459
>>376756608
If they disabled the jump mechanic, then it's mechanically the same as a 2D shooter. I was expecting a shooter like the final phase of the Shadowlord in Nier where he shoots out homing 3D patterns, shockwaves and standard Danmaku patterns.

https://youtu.be/OYasmNzuKtg?t=691
>>
>>376756608
>It's hard to develop good danmaku when you can leap over the wave of shots. Ironically the few orbital drop gear segments were the best take on shmup gameplay that Automata had.
But even there you can spam light attack to clear bullets away.

>3D danmaku is an interesting concept but a bitch to execute in practice without being total bullshit due to the inability to move freely in 3D.
I think they had the tools to make good 3d danmaku segments: mixes of horizontal and vertical bullet lines, those circular waves, tracking shots. Even the 3d movement in the game is good: double jumps, gliding, air dash.
It's just that they didn't exploit it too much.
>>
>>376756905
There is no DmC pull.

The game has the Stinger/gap closer as a "vehicle attack", which is where you press dodge at just the right moment during a combo to trigger a vehicle transformation.

That alone is mechanically interesting (the translation of the "perfect dodge" mechanic into an offensive maneuver), but then the game has a whole bunch of conditional reasons for triggering the "spark" that enables it, many of which are down to input-buffering command attacks on a finisher, landing headshots, and having a high enough style rank (which is never graded, but acts as a meter which enables more vehicle attacks, faster attack output, reduced charge time on chargeable attacks, etc).

The fact that it looks repetitive is largely a factor of the player in question having such comfort with it he makes it look effortless. I promise, you will NOT be spamming vehicle attacks like that on Prime difficulty until you git gud.
>>
>>376757187
I just mean that it wouldn't be fun, because between camera control issues and the fact that without 6DOF movement you're constantly falling to the floor it's a bitch to dodge in 3D.

Better to make it 2D and take away the vertical freedom.
>>
>>376756945
>Transformers which boiled down to doing a combo hitting the ramming speed button then doing either the same combo or the one other combo you have that's useful
You were bad at Transformers.

At the very LEAST you should have been using your gun. Goddamn.
>>
>>376755473
The extra info itself is fine, just not the way it's spread out across so many different things that are only in Japanese.
>>
>>376757347
The camera issues I concede to you, but 6DOF isn't a requirement if you design the patters with the fact that the player falls down constantly in mind (also that's why I noted the air dash and glide as tools the player can use to mitigate this problem).
I think depth perception is a real problem tho.
>>
>>376749073
Watching games in general is boring
>>
>>376749073
The controls are perfect. It's fast, it's super responsive, it has flashy animations with strong sound effects, the controls of your character and the way you move and such is completely identical to a purely action driven game like DMC or Bayonetta. For an ARPG, this is pretty big because they are generally known to have shitty combat, and people have specifically been dreaming of RPGs with DMC combat for the last decade now. It felt like it would never happen but now Platinum has shown that it is totally doable. They didn't quite hit the mark themselves, they only got about halfway there, but this could still be playing a big part in setting a new, higher standard for ARPGs of the future.

So Nier:A controls great, but the controls do not get to live up to their purpose because the enemy designs and combat encounters in general do not work well with the combat system in place. Enemies have whirlwind or chainsaw attacks that last for 10 seconds and basically force you to disengage from melee combat and instead just hold the pod fire button down while you stand at a safe distance. Enemies have bullet spam attacks where there are so many bullets all over the screen, and even from behind the screen that can hit you without you having any chance of reacting to them, which makes the inclusion of a 1HKO difficulty mode pretty damn retarded. No matter how well you master the combat in this game, you could still get hit by a stray bullet from somewhere you couldn't see. Shit like the Hegel / Emil bossfight is just straight up impossible to beat without being hit. Furthermore, the enemies are designed to be fought in masses. They are piss easy by themselves or in small groups, so the only challenge in the game is when you get so swarmed by enemies that it's impossible to keep track of every incoming attack, you can't even keep track of where your own character is in the midst of all the explosions and what not.
>>
>>376752415
Fitgirl repack comes with 2 different cracks and FAR mod with removed protection. Plus you have the option to use lossy video so it reduces the size by 18GB. Just google it, should be easy enough to find.
>>
>>376747786
The point isn't the combat its the story and characters
>>
>>376758141
but the story and characters are trash (with a nice butt)
>>
>>376758223
Your favorite game is trash (with no ass).
>>
I played the first chapter on normal, and it was mind numbingly easy, so I decided to switch to hard once you start as 9s, and now I'm getting blown in 2 shots by pretty much everything... is it because the diffuculty increase? or is 9s supposed to be a weak ass fuckboy that gets destroyed by anything? or both?
>>
>>376758223
oh but it's great if you read these 8 pastebins and watch an opera :^)
>>
>>376758141
>the point in a game isn't the gameplay
whoa
>>
>>376748536
>RPG
lol
>>
>>376747786
its literally the same as bayonettas combat but woth less quicktime events.
>>
>>376758485
It's almost a coherent whole if you read those 8 pastebins and watch an opera

But still not really
>>
>>376758454
Normal and hard are very far apart and enemies will instakill you on hard occasionally.

>>376758485
Maybe try playing it first :^^^^)))
>>
>>376758573
And that game was also mediocre.

Ninja Gaiden > Devil May Cry > Bayonetta/Automata
>>
>>376747786
The gameplay is repetitive. Christ I can't think of a game I own that I couldn't call repetitive. At least Nier tried to mix up gameplay styles, and it fit together well. not to mention the overarching decent story and "aesthetic"
>>
>>376758716
they are far below devil may cry and ninja gaiden
>>
>>376750265
I didn't seek out any of the extra materials and never played the first Nier and I thought Automata told a satisfying story. Took me a few hours to start to gel to the characters though, and I can understand the combat getting tedious by the end but I was satisfied with the variety it presented.
>>
>>376758716
>>376758869
the problem with platinum games is that they all have infinitely spammable dodging that you can cancel anything into at any time. There's no element of positioning to avoid attacks or timing your attacks to avoid getting punished, so the only difficulty can come from swarming the screen with enough enemies that it's hard to keep track of them all and the only mistake you can make is just not seeing a telegraph happening.
To compare with DMC3, a dodge that you can cancel anything into at any time is available but it's an entire style that you have to give up some powerful offensive options to get, and it has a decently long recovery time. At maximum level you can only chain it 3 times. Meanwhile in automata you get the same kind of dodge, for free, that also lets you counter attack and can be spammed infinitely.
>>
>>376759302
It's true that there is no commitment to 99% of the moveset in these games. In the case of automata it might have been more appropiate if they went with something closer to monster hunter or souls, where all attacks have to be measured carefully.
But for the other games the dodge cancel gives you more freedom. The fun is in experimenting with combinations of moves and punching guys all over the place, not in finding safe gaps in enemy patters.
>>
>>376758087
still has the mgs noise shit on it
>>
>>376749073
If you want to know why I like it, and it's a personal reason moreso than any mechanical one, it felt like, at times, I was charging into a battlefield with bullets flying past me. Against some bosses, I spent more time just dodging everything, sometimes intentionally not attacking just because bobbing and weaving through bullet storms felt exciting to me. It helped that the controls were really responsive and I felt like I was in full control of every little motion I made. Sure, it's not the most mechanically deep game out there but I've played mechanically deep games that just didn't excite me before, so that's never been something I've considered an automatic pro or con. You can have, from a technical standpoint, the most wonderfully crafted combat system ever, but if I didn't enjoy it, I look at it like being a captain of a sinking ship; I can't find it in me to care. That being said I'm sure others would enjoy such a thing, and they're entitled to.
>>
>>376747786
The combat is incredibly dull. It feels like a chore after a couple of hours.
>>
>>376747786
>I never played this game. Why is it good?

fuck off
>>
>>376747786
Every genre it temporaily takes on it does better. People who don't see this don't have a clue about technical gameplay and are not allowed to have an opinion.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.