[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's the 30th anniversary, /v/. Think we'll see anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

It's the 30th anniversary, /v/. Think we'll see anything at E3 besides Survive?

Honestly I'm hoping for a Next-Gen + PC port of the Legacy Collection, it'd be nice if Konami just ported the older games to PC and then fucked off. But then again why would anything nice happen.

They probably won't port MGS4 but honestly they can keep that shit, apart from MGO2 it's the worst entry in the main series.
>>
>>376738590
>MGS4 on PC
How do they fix psycho mantis scene about vibration is back?
>>
>>376738870
Chances are I'm wrong, but there might be something for the original sixaxis controller because it lacked rumble but it's been so long since I've played 4 that I can't remember.
>>
>mgs4 on pc

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>376705613
>>376705689
>>376706090
>>376706684
>>376707495
Death Stranding is Silent Hills
There's one final ending to be released for TPP.
The real MGS5 is yet to be released.
Survive is not a real game.
MGS3 Fox Engine remake is likely.
Kojima was never fired.
>>
>>376738590
>Konami making anything other than yearly PES games
I'll be surprised if Konami makes anything other than pachinko machines
>>
>>376738870
>>376739072
I almost thought you were referring to MGS1. I didn't even remember Psycho Mantis being in MGS4 until you reminded me.

I played it once and never touched it again. Everything about the story was just character assassination and a catastrophe.
>>
>>376739256
Konami would not take that amount of bad press you dumb tripfag.
>>
I want Konami to publicly execute the Metal Gear series live on camera
Please just let Metal Gear die already.
>>
>>376738870
Didnt MGS4 directly mention playstation or sony? Like hal telling you to swap discs going down the stairs after where the sniper wolf boss was in MGS1 and hes like oh right haha playstation 3
>>
>>376738590
I donĀ“t think they will do anything with Metal Gear until the movie comes out
>>
>>376739256
>MGS3 Fox Engine remake is likely.

That is the most unnecessary thing for this franchise and I don't know why everyone is suddenly clamoring for it.

MGS3 still looks good to this day, really the entire franchise since MGS2 aged well graphically.

The visuals for the Pachinko shit looks bad. The Boss looks 10 years older than she actually does in the original game, and everyone else looks like plastic.
>>
>>376738590
>MGS games on PC

It wouldn't work, it just wouldn't be the same outside of consoles. There would be no impact.
>>
>>376739613
This desu
While theoretically
>>376739256
Could be possible, it's a triple A company with a reputation to maintain.
While this is a cool theory, it would only be possible with a smaller studio or an indie dev committing an artful suicide.
>>
File: F1K9Efl.jpg (652KB, 2806x1580px) Image search: [Google]
F1K9Efl.jpg
652KB, 2806x1580px
>>376739661
>not stalking Sunny with mk2
>>
File: mgs.png (42KB, 479x214px) Image search: [Google]
mgs.png
42KB, 479x214px
>>376739256
>>
File: 51G292S425L.jpg (40KB, 422x500px) Image search: [Google]
51G292S425L.jpg
40KB, 422x500px
>>376739796
mgs 1 and 2 already had official pc ports back in the day, not to mention steam releases of rising, ground zeroes, and phantom pain. At the very least they could just port mgs 1 and 2 to steam or GOG since they already exist. They just need to work on modern pcs (unnoficial patches exist too) The impact is the same, i dont know what your talking about
>>
>>376740205
>responding to obvious bait

Were you not here when this was a thing?
>previously console exclusive game gets a PC port
>"___________ just wouldn't feel right on PC"
>>
>>376739796
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>376738590
Fuck that shit, I want my MGR2
>>
>>376740407
I was but with console fags you never know. People still throw that out as a legitimate argument in person. Not just in regards to metal gear either
>>
>>376740684
well they still try to anyway
>>
>>376740205
That's not what I mean, the games are legitimately designed with the console in mind, yes there were ports but you wouldn't derive the same amount of enjoyment on a PC.

>>376740485
Fuck off.
>>
>>376740684
Yeah I know, still not worth engaging though.

The only argument I could see is the pressure sensitivity that was a thing on the Playstation versions not being featured.

I can't even imagine playing without the pressure sensitive buttons. They changed how it worked on the 360 by remapping the controls but I would hope that if PC versions become a thing that someone mods them in instead of just a rebind. Pressure sensitivity was great and under utilized in so many Playstation games outside of MGS.
>>
>>376740205
They should just port MGS1 from scratch, the original windows version is abysmal and no patch can fix that.
>>
>>376740957
Its true anon
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Minus the Psycho Mantis scenes in MGS1 and MGS4, the games would be exactly the same between platforms, except with more control over the resolution options and, in the case of MGS4, a much more consistent, smoother framerate should the game be on PC.

You absolutely can derive the same amount of enjoyment out of the games, except that the original ports of MGS1 and MGS2 were shoddy in some ways, missing some of the effects present in the PS2 versions, much like how the Xbox port of MGS2 suffered similar problems.

Properly ported, the games would be exactly the same. There's no such thing as "not feeling right"
>>
>>376738590
PACHINKO!
>>
>>376739149
does pc even have enough storage space to handle mgs4?
>>
>>376740205
What about the Psycho Mantis fight? Attach your controller to USB port 3, 4, 5, or 6?
>>
>>376738590
As a Metal Gear fan I would like to say one thing. Just let it die already.
>>
>>376741856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azYdJ9dPx5o
>>
digital versions of their pachinko machines
win virtual currency to buy dlc
or use real money
>>
>>376741856
If you use a controller on pc, do you know anyone who has a pc without more than 1 USB port? Also that was an issue ill give you that. I think you need to use the alternate methods lke destroying the bust or whatever to beat psycho mantis on mgs1 pc.
>>
>>376742097
I'm a fan as well, but I'd like the older games to be ported to PC and that's it.

It'd be a shame if the best versions of the games were only available on an old console that's soon to be/or already no longer being manufactured.

Yeah there's emulation but ports are always better. I don't need anymore MGS since the series ended with 3, PW was okay but a step down and MGSV's gameplay is good but overall a disappointment. 4 isn't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>376741606
>Properly ported, the games would be exactly the same.

Except it literally wouldn't feel the same. Even your own post suggest changing some aspects of the games to fit PC, when what you don't realize is the creators original intention exist on the playstation platform. The only way your argument makes sense is if someone buying this hypothetical PC port bundle never touched any of the other MGS games.
>>
>>376741606
>>376742191
>>376742241

I think if you use a controller, you can switch to keyboard controls and that would prevent him from reading your mind or vice versa? I think that actually works from what im reading in old forums
>>
>>376742701
I liked every Metal Gear game. And about PC ports, no. I would leave everything like it is now. I don't want fucking COD kids to play my shit.
>>
I'm expecting some kind of MGS collection on PS4, that's about it. MGS4 on PS4 in general should have been a launch title.

throw Twin Snakes in there too, just for fun
>>
>>376739661
The remote controller Snake uses for the MK2 is a dualshock.
>>
>>376742726
It would
Plug in a controller and it would look and act and feel exactly the same
Yes, MGS1 was developed with the PS1 in mind, MGS2 was developed with the PS2 in mind, and MGS4 was developed with the PS3 in mind, however that does not mean that the developers meant for these games to be on this one and only platform, but rather that the games were designed around the platform. Which only really has minor affects on the game design truly, as it only serves meaning for Psycho Mantis and touch sensitivity, both of which can be replicated simply by plugging a Playstation controller into your PC, which is absolutely feasible and easy to accomplish, meaning the games would be identical between platforms.
"Turn off the game console right now" -> "Turn off the computer right now" would carry the exact same meaning.

The reason the original ports were so shoddy in the first place when ported to Xbox and PC was likely because the PS2 was the primary focus at the time and certain aspects of hardware at the time couldn't replicate what was being done back then. Of course, once the HD Collection occurreed, the games were properly ported, and it was shown that the games could even display and run correctly on the Xbox 360. To which I point out
>Playstation platform
Explain why the HD Collection exists and runs properly on the Xbox 360
>>376743332
>COD kids
On the contrary, CoD is most popular on consoles, and very regularly gets abysmmal reviews on PC due to improper support.
And it absolutely would be good for such people to play said games, as they would be introduced to actually good games for a change.
>>
>>376743332
>I don't want fucking COD kids to play my shit.
>PC ports
>PC

Dude what? What does CoD have to do wi-

>I liked every Metal Gear game.
>And about PC ports, no. I would leave everything like it is now.

Oh I see, you're either shitposting or just functionally retarded.
>>
>>376743785
Dude, please stop replying to him. I mean, bump the thread if you want but don't waste your time typing out lengthy posts to shitposters, come on.
>>
File: apple.jpg (46KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
46KB, 450x360px
The effort needed to clean up all the playstation and apple shilling would be too much for konami to care.
>>
>>376743816
> AI DON'T LAEK 4 woRsT MEtsaL Gir Gem BeCoS LOOK IZ MOVE)))
> DUDE TPP IS SHIT IT'S UNFINISHED LOOK LMAO
>>
>>376739661
>PS3 needing to switch discs.
>>
>>376744193
Explains what's not true about both those statements
>>
>>376744308
It's obvious that japs tried hard to make a good game. Both games are enjoyable to certain extent and clearly can't be called BAD games. But a 15 year old dumbass that plays everything /v/ tells him to play will shit on these games.
>>
>>376744193
I never said MGSV was shit. The gameplay was great but everything else about it ranged from lackluster to disappointing for what it was supposed to be.

I'd still put it higher than MGS4 that's for sure, and MGS4 was a finished game.
>>
>>376744642
>It's obvious that japs tried hard to make a good game.

Doesn't matter that they tried, they failed. The gameplay was probably the best in the series, but the writing and plot was unquestionably trash obviously because Kojima lost his main writer after 3. It was also why MGSV's writing and storytelling was weak apart from being unfinished.

If this was any other franchise that wasn't plot driven, having good gameplay alone would be fine. But MGS4 didn't even have that, the cutscenes were incredibly lengthy for even a MGS game, and yet the story wasn't even remotely worth it.

If you're going to make a game that is mostly cinematics and has less gameplay than previous entries, you better damn well tell a good or at least decent story for a video game. MGS4 didn't do any of that. Kojima didn't even want to make MGS4, that alone should give you a hint as to why MGS4 was a bad entry.
>>
>>376745426
I enjoyed MGS4 a lot. A LOT. It's fucking hard to write content. It isn't even bad for MGS standards. Hating MGS4 is just a meme. As for MGSV, it is clearly a gameplay driven game. The mechanics are great. Missions and the world seem boring and repetitive though.
>>
>>376745426
>The gameplay was probably the best in the series,
i'll never agree with this because the game is so ridiculously easy it's fucking insulting.

MGS4 had the best gameplay because to get that Big Boss face mask the game fucking raped your patience.

V had good controls but everything else was fucking terrible.
>>
>>376739775
>this post
MGS3 at best is 720p unless you emulate it. That's not looking good you autist.
>>
>>376745717
>It isn't even bad for MGS standards.
>Hating MGS4 is just a meme.

It's very simple anon, when you compare it to the original Solid trilogy the difference is crystal clear. I'd say along the lines of classic Star Wars vs. the Prequels.

I don't know what else to tell you. MGS4 would have been a better game if it scaled back on the prime focus of telling a bad story and let the player play the game more. I'd even forgive it for the poor writing.

>>376745798
MGS4 *mechanically* was probably the best in the series since it just expanded upon MGS3's gameplay mechanics (which were top notch).

V was also very good in terms of game feel but a lot of stuff was simplified from both MGS3 and MGS4, such as the CQC mechanics and not being able to wound specific limbs of enemies (they just took damage regardless of where you shot them).
>>
>>376746357
>I don't know what having good art direction is

Sharper textures, higher resolution support and anti-aliasing is probably all it needs. The game still looks good compared to a plethora of 10+ year old games aiming for realism.
>>
>>376747265
>he thinks good art direction looks good at subhuman resolutions
There's nothing wrong with remaking PS2 games from the ground up.
>>
>>376739256
Dude, fuck off
>>
Oh shit it's the 30th anniversary? I was starting Metal Gear Solid 3 today.

I just marathoned 1 and 2, I'm playing them all for the first time.
>>
>>376747706
Don't forget to play Metal Gear 1 and 2.
>>
>>376747947
The NES ones? Are they any good?
>>
>>376747541
Not what I said. I said the game looks fine, all it needs is higher res support. Look at Windwaker on Dolphin if you're still confused.

Also
>subhuman resolutions

You're buzzwording so bad you're misusing buzzwords, anon.

The only games in the MGS series that could use remakes are MG1 and MG2 for the MSX. I'm not clamoring for it, but that's it. I'd also say MGS1 but we already got Twin Snakes and that was mediocre compared to the original release.
>>
>>376748206
They are the MSX ones. They are boring to be honest, but they are connected to the story. Endboss of the very first Metal Gear game is the protagonist in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain. And after playing Metal Gear 2, you'll be surprised by the ending of MGS4.
>>
Mgs 4 is great. Don't bother replying, I'm out
>>
>>376748206
Nope, the MSX games. They're on the MGS3 disc.

MG1 is dated but playable, you'll need a guide because shit gets really cryptic. MG2 is better but I personally liked how MG1 controlled over MG2, changing directions causes you to pivot before moving instead of just moving in the opposite direction but MG2 has better story telling and visuals.
>>
>>376739796

>it wouldn't work
what nigger TPP works flawlessly
>>
>>376748287
>Look at Windwaker on Dolphin if you're still confused.
WW is cel-shaded. MGS3 still looks dated at 4k.

720p is subhuman in 2017.
>>
>>376748519
>>376748457
All right, guess I'll play them after I beat 3 then.
>>
>>376738590
they'll port the legacy colelction to the Pachinko
>>
>>376739775
There's already an HD port. I think MGS1 needs a remake.
>>
>>376748676
Also, if you plan on playing MGSV (Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain), play Portable Ops and Peace Walker beforehand.
>>
>>376748493
Wrong.

>>376748674
I'm aware, MGS3 still looks fine graphically because its art direction was on point for the period compared to it's other counterparts that opted for photo-realism. Sharper textures in addition to the higher resolution support would fix that.

>subhuman

Still not using that correctly, pal.
>>
>>376748974
>MGS3 still looks fine graphically
No it doesn't.
>>
>>376739613
They make more money on pachinko parlors and soccer games than they lose on bad press. If you don't understand that most Japanese game companies don't care about foreigners' opinions of them and don't care about PR then you can't comprehend a marketing gimmick would be more important than public alienation; besides, they don't need to worry because without MGS or any new games, you are not the market they want to please. A risky scheme with Kojima would have a huge payoff for very little cost, since "Kojima is Metal Gear," not "Konami is Metal Gear."

>>376739256
While some of those things may happen, expect per the usual to be disappointed. MGS3 is never getting a remake. The final product was Kojima's intended game. a WWII Boss and Cobra Unit game would be more likely (or having homages to the idea in Death Stranding).
>>
>>376748754
>There's already an HD port.

But that's exactly what I was arguing anon. The other guy wanted a remake and I disagreed.

>I think MGS1 needs a remake.

Twin Snakes already exists and it was mediocre compared to the original. It's the MSX games that could use remakes.
>>
>>376749050
Yes it does
>>
>>376749050
underage b@ should be in school

muh grafix

kill urself
>>
>>376749271
It should have been a flashback in MGS4 to be honest. Remaking this game would just be stupid, because the entire map was dumb.
>>
>>376749050
>I'm underage and need to see every pore on the characters face and detailed hair physics. Games older than me look like shit.

Alright buddy.
>>
>>376749320
>>376749234
>35 year old men defending PS2 graphics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-RboH5S1PY
>>
>>376740118
fuck
>>
>>376738590
MGS4 is great what are you talking about.
>>
>>376745717
>Hating MGS4 is just a meme
Fuck off. MGS4 didn't just have shitty writing, it was insulting. It absolutely shat all over everything that happened in both 2 and 3. It actively tried to retrospectively make them worse games with all the nanomachines bullshit, heaping endless suffering on Snake and Raiden, and the 'your support team in 3 were the Patriots lol'.

It answered a bunch of shit that did not need answering in a really half-assed and terrible way.
>>
File: thanks kojima.jpg (3MB, 1512x5411px) Image search: [Google]
thanks kojima.jpg
3MB, 1512x5411px
>>
>>376741809
70% would just me mp4 files
>>
>>376750067
No. Just no.
>>
>>376740407
Nah just found this site couple weeks ago, I don't understand how to use this website so I just click the link my broski sent me that sends me here whenever I wanna talk about video games and get some maymays lol. How tf would it not feel right on PC? it'd still be the same game...
>>
>>376750861
He's literally the George Lucas of videogames.

Also, Ghost Babel, even though it's a good game it is also a good read throughout.
>>
>>376750861
Fucking saved. Thank you for posting this.
>>
File: V.jpg (118KB, 1271x598px) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
118KB, 1271x598px
The ruse
>>
>>376750335
But Anon...most of those things you could see coming a mile away if you were paying attention. It's no more of a "shock" than 4D in Star Ocean 3, which was blatantly obvious if you bothered to look through the encyclopedia entries.
>>
MGS2 Pachinko
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.