[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: untitled2.jpg (818KB, 950x529px) Image search: [Google]
untitled2.jpg
818KB, 950x529px
Why did it fail?
>>
Just look at it
>>
>>376727901
It failed because of faggots like this.
>>
>>376727795
very little adds

does not have the "mature games for mature gamers like my mature self" that is all the rage these days
>>
>>376727795
>Looked unappealing
>Mediocre reviews
>Little to no marketing

Expect ARMS to follow the same fate.
>>
>>376727795

I pirated it. It's fucking boring. I

was shocked when I learned that the fast forward button wasn't even in the original release and had to be added in a future update. Even when using the button it takes 30 seconds for the enemies to move and I can't even see what the fuck is happening.

I'll give credit though, the visuals are nice, character designs are neat, and the music is awesome. The gameplay though is just bad. This should have been a $20 eShop title, not a full release game.
>>
Wil Wheaton
>>
>>376728206
You have ADHD.
>>
The demo being fucking awful probably didn't help.
>>
>>376728193
But the 3DS wasn't starved for games before this came out.
Switch cucks will lap any old shit up if it gives them an excuse to wipe the dust off their handheld paperweights.
>>
>every enemy looks like the same exact fucking bug
>B-BUT THERE'S DIFFERENT VARIATIONS WITH DIFFERENT ATTACKS AND ITS VERY IMPORTANT YOU LEARN THE DIFFERENCE
>need to squint on the 3ds screen just to kinda make out what enemy it is

even if it's lazy as fuck i would have rather preferred them just recoloring every enemy because i have no idea what anything is
>>
The gaming media did their jobs well. They damage controlled the game, pretended as if it wasn't anything to get excited about, and you idiots bought into it.
>>376728547
It's comments like these that make me think no one here has actually played the game.

I think people strongly underestimate just how the gaming media tries to write off new Nintendo IPs. Look at how they treated the Wonderful 101. That bombed as well, but due to Platinum's overall reputation it has gone on to be seen as an all time great Wii U exclusive.

Codename S.T.E.A.M is a great title, one that I really want to see more of in the future.
>>
>>376728547
Make the game then.
>>
>>376729107
>Codename S.T.E.A.M is a great title, one that I really want to see more of in the future

good luck with that, they don't make sequels to advance wars anymore and that never bombed anywhere as hard as this
>>
>>376729107
Reminder that Cody isn't a real person and it's a handful of faggots posting bait.
>>
>>376727795
decent to good gameplay
absolute garbage artstyle
shit characters
>>
>>376729346
decent and good are the same thing
>>
>>376729465
No they aren't. Are you ESL?
>>
>>376728458
>It's a "/v/ pretends the Switch isn't selling well" episode
>>
>>376729287
Advance Wars needed a break. The devs have confirmed they never stopped thinking about new entries to the franchise.

Both it and Codename S.T.E.A.M will get sequels.
>>376729307
Ha ha.
>>
>>376727795
Not enough FE collabs
>>
Purely the artystyle. Everything else was great. If it had anime girls it'd be hailed as one of the best games on the 3ds.
>also this fucking ost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ViTAu6d2Y&index=3&list=PLDiKVJkERi-CMdXnWA_2AZvoGIfDI2X6H
>>
>>376727901
Why do devs keep pretending cellshading looks good?
>>
i pirated it and it was pretty shit. i gave up after two hours of boredom
>>
>>376729809
You also have ADHD.
>>
>>376727975
>Aesthetics don't matter
>>
When Nintendo first showed it at E3 all they showed was a couple of tiny grainy images plus the art style does look a bit generic only because it's trying to copy American comic book style which of course to westerners is very generic. Being on the 3DS it looks like it was meant for young boys despite the T rating. Similar to Federation Force.

In actuality the art style is very well done when you see it in motion in the game, the gameplay is fun, they put a lot of effort into the voice acting, and the music is really good. You can get it for like 8 bucks on Amazon, so there's not even much to lose by giving it a shot.

It's basically a passion project by a western guy who Nintendo gave a chance to make a game. It's a shame that Nintendo didn't care about the game at all and everyone wanted it to fail.
>>
>>376729919
They don't.
>>
>>376729904
i wish i was as easily entertained as you. the game is shit
>>
>>376730134
Post a good game.
>>
>>376729735
Yeah, you're right. It really would have sold more if they were anime girls instead. I wasn't interested at first, but bought it later for around $10. Is the game long? I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>376730237
fire emblem 7
>>
>>376730275
0/10, most likely a scrawny white guy who got his ass kicked in school
>>
File: 1439331345563.jpg (346KB, 700x744px) Image search: [Google]
1439331345563.jpg
346KB, 700x744px
>>376730275
Yes
>>
>>376730237
Bayonetta 1 and 2.
>>
I loved the game, even at launch. But not having the fast forward button was a huge mistake. My only major problem with the game is that they take too long to really give you a lot of options.
>>
>>376730248
Took me around 25-30 hours I think.
>>
File: IMG_1292.jpg (95KB, 479x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1292.jpg
95KB, 479x540px
>>376730413
Lets kiss
>>
File: Serra.full.1496722.jpg (244KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Serra.full.1496722.jpg
244KB, 700x700px
>>376730625
Serra is only for Erk
>>
>too "hard"
>not Mario
>not Zelda
>not Pokemon
>no marketing
>new IP
>>
Little ads.
Infinite enemy spawns despite the fact the aliens can pretty much two-shot you at times, are pinpoint accurate during overwatch, and respawn two or more every two or three turns.
Demo was awful and takes place during the worst parts of the game (The start before you have four members and can heal properly)
The entire first four chapters where you have to run around healing mainly off of medkit drops instead of proper healing from members so you're basically funneled into encounters constantly taking damage but on the verge of dying nearly all the time.
Tons of battles early on are basically suicide missions, especially the ones where the enemies are basically the equivalents of snipers but can move for miles but you need to be a decent length close to them to even hurt them. The queen mission and the one factory/outside area where you have to destroy the mortar machine are just brutal.
Before the patch you couldn't even fastforward through gameplay.
Takes forever to get a nice amount of characters or even a full team, it takes until the aforementioned factory mission to even have your first four party member team and you're already around a fourth through it and their form of balance is just throwing more enemies at you that infinitely respawn.
Everything about the invincible mortar eyeballs.
>>
>>376730883
>not Advance Wars

WHERE IS IT YOU FUCKS!
>>
>>376731060
I'd rather it die with dignity than get raped by Neo-Nintendo.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.