[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HITMAN IS SAVED, I REPEAT, HITMAN IS SAVED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 11

File: hitman.jpg (120KB, 1269x647px) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
120KB, 1269x647px
>reliable sources say that IO Interactive keeps the rights to the Hitman IP
>Season 2 is still coming, mid development
>IO Interactive is still looking for a new investor

>We can't say anymore details on our source, but we consider it completely reliable and save. We expect IO Interactive to do an official statement in the coming week

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/hitman/news/hitman_ist_gerettet,48985,3313967.html

gamestar/gamepro is germanys biggest gaming site, so they shouldn't be talking out of their ass
>>
Can't wait for the season 2 level where you kill the CEO of Circle-Fenix.
>>
File: IO Interactive.png (224KB, 562x519px) Image search: [Google]
IO Interactive.png
224KB, 562x519px
I have a hard time believing those literal whos, but I hope to god it's true.

Maybe we'll find out Monday.
>>
>>376722838
>literal whos

they really aren't, it's the german equivalent of IGN, trash articles, but they wouldn't just lie about this
>>
>>376722329
Someone tell Gabe to buy this shit, can't wait for Hitman with hats
>>
>>376722578
Everyone wants to kill the CEO of Square Enix recently it seems. Even Nier Automata is out for his blood.
>>
>>376724786
Oh yeah, shit, it's been done already.
I must've subconsciously made that connection.
>>
Is the new hitman any good?
>>
>>376724970
It's pretty good. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>376722329
>IO Interactive is still looking for a new investor
How are they saved if they don't have an investor? Their game doesn't seem to sell that well.
>>
>>376724970
AAHAHAHAHAHAH No, shills like >>376725029 will tell you otherwise tho.

1/2

How did they redeem themselves from Absolution?

They continually try to impress 2 very different audiences and it just never works. It's a niche game, it always has been. And for the first four games we always saw the same thing - an improvement on the previous game in the series.

How many features did we lose from Blood Money, and the series in general?

We can no longer look through keyholes
There's no first person view
We can no longer upgrade weapons
We can no longer collect weapons from each level
Everyone seems to speak in a US/UK accent, no matter where you go in the world. Even Hitman 1 and 2 had this sorted.
We can no longer use NPCs as shields and shoot at the same time
Weapons in each level are the same as other levels
Civilians no longer pick up weapons to try and fight you if you decide to go postal
No difficulty levels, which in turn means no degrees of AI, notoriety or save game limitations
The save system is terrible. Why worry about an action or what path to choose if you can just reload a save as many times as you like? I also like how 'challenges' can be completed even if you constantly reload. Tying save limits to difficulty levels makes much more sense.
Dual wielding from the first + third game are still absent
>>
File: 1477320686000.jpg (8KB, 330x190px) Image search: [Google]
1477320686000.jpg
8KB, 330x190px
>>376724970
It's fantastic if you're into HITMAN and into the whole repeating levels to try new stuff or have fun.

If you're not into HITMAN it's still amazing, but most of the value in the game comes from repetition so you might not get your moneys worth i suppose.
>>
Hitman died when they made is episodic.
>>
>>376724970
The pirated copy isnt as much fun without leaderboards to have motivation to replay maps.
>>
>>376725092
2/2

There's no sniper rifle case, the rifle simply floats on your back. They promised this would return. It didn't. This is an issue because you always need a disguise to carry it, unlike before when the rifle was concealed in a case.
We can now choke out anyone we like, or donk them on the head with a hammer, or insert 100 other ways to knock them out - whereas before you had a set amount of sedatives to take people out of the equation without killing (or you had to be clever about it)
The AI never shut up with their commentary, constantly giving everything away
The scripted sequences you can trigger are the worst. The world doesn't feel organic when it's utterly tied to your presence. Here's an example of a test I ran: I killed 205 people in Paris yet neither of the main targets had tried to escape. Why? Because I hadn't triggered their appearance yet.

I don't see why going backwards (dramatically) should be commended in any way.

It was a decent game, but a shitty Hitman game that relies too heavily on accessibility. It was nowhere near the level of the first 4, and I definitely wouldn't say they redeemed themselves. We don't even know how the game will work 10 years from now, yet Blood Money still plays perfectly the way it was always intended to be played.

Until we're (at least) back to the same level of where we were a decade ago, I don't think they'll ever redeem themselves. And to be honest, we should be so far forward from Blood Money by now. I don't understand why people settle for this sort of thing. But hey - looking at sales, it seems a lot of people haven't.
>>
>>376722329
If Microsoft wants to stay in the gaming industry next gen they should pic up this dev team. Buying IO Interactive right now is a smart move for any publisher and they need something like this.

>>376724686
Steam doesn't want to make games, they just want easy money.
>>
>>376724578
Reliable sources can mean fuckall. I understand that you're German and wish to share with us these rumors and defend your site of choice at the same time, but we don't give a shit. Without official statement it's irrelevant.
>>
It's shaved you retard.
>>
File: 9cd65fff29d4a4a6.jpg (68KB, 742x740px) Image search: [Google]
9cd65fff29d4a4a6.jpg
68KB, 742x740px
>>376725192
>Paradox buys Hitman
>let's them create a game just like Blood Money
>>
>>376725092
Oh, so because I enjoyed the game I'm suddenly a shill? I didn't say it was fucking flawless you crazed zealot.
Blood Money, which you're comparing the new one to wasn't flawless either.
>>
>>376724686
Volvo only buys well-developed Source mods. Now that doesn't meant IO are out of the question, they just need to put some work in to convert their stuff.
>>
>>376725192
>Microsoft
Oh hell fucking no.
>>
>>376724786
>Still need to get Nier Automata
>Still need to finish BotW
>Still need to finish Persona 5
>Still need to catch up on Hitman
>Still need to finish Gravity Rush 2
When did games start being good again?
>>
>>376725454
>BBBUT BM WASN'T PERFECT EITHER
Doesn't matter faggot, the point is that this shit is still extremely dumbed down and scripted like Absolution, it just gives you an illusion that it isn't (but it's very easy to break that illusion).
It's literally Absolution 2.0, just with only open levels and without the linear ones.
>>
>>376725192
Hitman, exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10.
>>
>>376725547
They didn't.
>>
File: 1438900489938.jpg (32KB, 360x345px) Image search: [Google]
1438900489938.jpg
32KB, 360x345px
>>376725725
>he still doesn't believe that 2017 is the year that saved gaming
Honestly, there's no pleasing garbage people like you.
>>
File: skeptical.jpg (109KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical.jpg
109KB, 900x599px
>never played a Hitman game before but stealth games are a favorite of mine
>was interested in checking this out after hearing it was good, but stayed away from it because of the episodic gmmick and I'd figure I'd just wait till they all released and buy it
>go on to learn of the always online bullshit because of the leaderboard system and the elusive targets

I'm glad Hitman appears to be fine after the bad news yesterday, but amidst all the "Press F" threads I was having some mixed feelings about the way they handled this recent iteration. Hopefully Squeenix was behind that always online bullshit and IO decides to fix that because I'd be willing to check it out.
>>
>>376725853
The day videogames are saved is the moment the industry crashes and everyone who considers himself a videogame developer ends up working in a kebab shop.
>>
>>376725192
>If Microsoft wants to stay in the gaming industry next gen they should pic up this dev team.

>Hitman: """"""""""EXCLUSIVELY"""""""""""" on Xbox and Windows 10

Fuck that and fuck you for suggesting that.
>>
>>376725857
It was either SE's doing (they love DRM), or it was them being from Europe where 100% of people are pirates.
>>
>>376725857
If they don't take it out then I guarantee you it was IO's doing.
Also note how NOT A SINGLE OTHER SQUEENIX GAME has Always Online DRM.
>>
>>376725857
Releasing Hitman 2016 Definitive Edition for cheap is free money and publicity (considering the current version has already turned profit) at this point. If it's cheap the early adopters can't get mad either. Unfortunately the industry doesn't work that way and the only way that'll happen is if they self-publish it or get a super lax publisher.
>>
>>376725602
I never said otherwise, fucktard. It also did improve in some aspects, for example level design is much better in 2016 compared to BM.
The fact that you can see through walls and know what's in adjacent rooms is in my opinion one of the worst changes between BM and 2016, but the keyhole peeping should never ever return. You can't actually look through fucking keyholes in real life. It is impossible. Maybe there are a handful of keyholes around which you can look through, but that's not the norm and you can maybe see a tiny bit of the room at best of times. There has to be another method of scouting rooms that doesn't involve retarded shit like looking through a keyhole.

I have never played Absolution either so I have no idea what you're talking about when you compare it to that game, sorry. BM was scripted as well by the way, so I have no idea what you're talking about by shitting on the concept of creating an illusion to hide the scripting.
>>
>>376725092
>We can no longer look through keyholes
This is the worst.
>>
>>376725602
Dude fuck off, it's just nitpicking at this point. The game is great and we're fucking lucky that the franchise has such a good installment after absolution
Also
>shilling a game that publisher publicly doesnt care about
How retarded are you?
>>
Absolution was good
>>
>>376726082
>Also note how NOT A SINGLE OTHER SQUEENIX GAME has Always Online DRM.

That really worries me. And >>376726037 also sounds plausible.

>>376726139
Didn't they release Season 1 in it's entirety back in January or did you mean the entire Hitman series being a single release? The only thing keeping me away was the always-online.

As for publishers I feel like Take Two (GTA, RDR, etc.) would be fitting.
>>
>>376725969
Kebab's overrated, shawarma is better.
>>
>>376726402
it really was not
>>
File: 1256233678.jpg (46KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1256233678.jpg
46KB, 500x366px
>>376725857
Play Blood Money at least man.
It's a ridiculous claim to say one your favourite genres is stealth and not having play ANY hitman.
>>
I hope so.

>>376722838

Like pic suggests, they've got a few day off. Expect an official statement when they return.

2018 seems aways off given the episodic nature, was hoping to see a few episodes fall on this side of the year.
>>
>>376722329
>ugly game
>on the rails assassinations
>repetitive dialogue

I spent $20 on the first season and worth it. But it's not a perfect game
>>
>>376726724
By definitive version I mean offline with all the elusive targets worked in somehow. It'd take some work, but it'd also restore all goodwill they've lost with this episodic always-online bullshit.
>>
File: 1480818165184.jpg (60KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
1480818165184.jpg
60KB, 350x382px
>>376725353
>Paradox
>>
>>376727186
I'll be happy enough if we get Season 2. Even if it's in 2019.
>>
>>376727256
>>on the rails assassinations
Bullshit
>>
Really hoping they get rid of the DRM/Always online, that seemed like a 100% business decision of SE part.
>>
>>376727256
>on the rails assassinations
I don't know how people can complain about this, the game contains most of ways to assassinate from Blood Money + some scripted shit that lets you be creative from time to time anyway, not to mention that figuring all of the assassination methods without cancer HUD indicators are part of the fun and the only true way to play the game, which is not that simple.
>>
>>376727643
I think they already got rid of always online. I don't know if progression works when offline though.
>>
File: 1480266019612.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1480266019612.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>376722329
Kane and Lynch 3 when?
>>
>>376727575
>poison drink
>npc goes straight to drink
>>
The one thing I love about the episodic nature is that all future updates will retrospectively be added to the previous seasons.

e.g. if they add a briefcase in Season 2, it will mean that I can go back and play Season 1 again, but with the briefcase (and other updates) this time around.

I think it's a really cool system, gets rid of the need for creating sequels just to marginally improve features.
>>
>>376726261
>>376725092
It makes sense in old castles and churches and shit, but have you tried looking through a keyhole recently? It's pointless.
>>
>>376727738
They are working on a new IP along side Hitman.
>>
>>376726959
This, BM or Silent Assasin is more than enough to see what this series is about
>>
>>376727840
that's just bullshit lmao, npcs follow their cycle of repetetive actions, you can totally poison wrong stuff that target won't drink/eat
>>
>>376727709
Progression is the only thing locked to online anymore. They kept patching it to be less obtrusive; at this point they're one step from it being gone completely. Hopefully that means they never wanted it and SE were the ones forcing it to stick around.
>>
>>376724786

SquareEnix killed Deus Ex by overloading it with DLC. FFversus13 was a shit show. The man sucks are managing his company, its assets and what he expects from titles is always off the mark.

>Spend lots of big money on a game with a long franchise; it failsd
>Choke and suffocate a small studio that makes a good game
>Press down even harder with more restrictions on the sequel
>Dissolve it when it fails

I trust my dog to watch over my food more than I do that gigantic inept faggot. He doesn't play games, he doesn't know what's good.
>>
>>376728072
Mr fashion man went straight for the poisoned drink instead of doing the catrun walk like he should've. It's not bullshit I've sunk 8+hours into that level alone.
>>
>>376727840
That was just a quality of life improvement. And i don't even see targets doing it, at least not that i've noticed.

And even if they skip the rest of their pre-determined cycle that is always looping, it's a lot more time saving than in the older games. The hard part is poisoning the drink, not waiting for the cycle to play out again doing nothing.
>>
>>376728157
citation needed mr fashion man goes for the drink only if you activate the diorama, 8 hours for a level is fucking nothing in this game
>>
it makes sense, if you look at the list of games io has worked on there is very little outside of hitman so i can see square enix including the hitman ip to sweeten the deal
>>
>>376728127
Reminder that Hitman would've been dumpstered by SE if the alpha footage wasn't "leaked" and garnered so much attention, then they only agreed to test out the episodic format.
>>
>konami kills metal gear
>square kills deus ex
>square kills hitman
when will japan stop killing stealth genre REEEEE
>>
>saved
>last game was literally full price early access

fuck those guys
especially after the fan-raping that was called Absolution.
>>
>>376727840
Reminder that poison used to be useless unless NPC was completely alone with a drink.
Nobody fucking used poison before, there was a huge gap between every other form and poison.
In 60 hours at the time i had like 15? poisons and 200~ of each other method
>>
>>376728690
You forgot about Thief.
>>
File: 1480148825878.gif (3MB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480148825878.gif
3MB, 270x240px
>>376727963
>new ip
Fucking why? I want my K&L3.
>>
>>376728880
shit, you're right.
I kinda forgot about it, never really played the series, but that's pretty sad too. At least we have Dishonored and these Styx games, I guess
>>
>>376728690
>konami kills metal gear
>metal gear
>stealth
kek

The Kojima hack fraud killed Stealth back with MGS4 and fully destroyed it in Metal Grind 5.
>>
>>376726959
>>376727980
Noted. I'll eventually get around to playing Hitman, I probably should have said that stealth is a favorite gameplay style of mine since I also have yet to play Splinter Cell and Thief, the latter of which I own but never got around to playing.

I'm really into MGS, which is really stealth-action, and the Deus Ex series. The original Splinter Cell trilogy was next on my list before Hitman.
>>
>>376728959
>finally a gritty series with no humor and serious, Mann-style tone
>everyone dismiss it and call it "edgy"
why does everything has to be humorous and full of quips? I enjoyed K&L1-2 and Darkness 1 so much, I really like depressing vidya that makes me feel desperate
>>
>>376729097
Start with blood money, that might be a pleb opinion but I think Hitman 1-3 aged like garbage.
>>
>>376722329
That's not "saved" however. They may keep the rights to the IP, but they have no investor. If they don't find one soon, they will bankrupt and they're gone for good.
>>
>>376728787
It's pretty obvious that IO shills here, too.
>>
>>376729203
>franchise is declared dead
>y-you're shilling!
>>
Absolution was better
>>
>>376727840
>>376728157
Nope. That used to be the case in the beta, but it has been fixed since then. They don't change their patterns to go get assassinated by you now. It all depends on stuff that happens to them.
>>
>>376727278
Ah, I thought that's what you meant.

I hope that becomes a thing. Also I wish devs would stop using the episodic format in vidya, it's terrible especially when there's a cliffhanger.

That shit needs to stop, you'd think the rest of the industry would have learned and avoided that shit like the plague after Half-Life and Halo 2 happened.
>>
>>376722329
So, it's still going to be episodic?

Who fucking cares?
>>
>>376728690
>>376728880
Also forgot Splinter Cell is kill.

>>376728998
Metal Gear is stealth-action.

>The Kojima hack fraud killed Stealth back with MGS4

I won't argue that, 4 was the worst in the series but arguably had the best gameplay. But MGSV's stealth was great even though it borrowed a lot from SC.
>>
>>376729546
>wait a year to get full game
or
>receive 1/6 of the game every two months
you can just wait for the whole game to be released, after all. Episodic format works really well with hitman, you have to replay levels time and time again in different ways to really enjoy it. I don't understand why people are so butthurt about episodic system.
>>
>>376729546
I do, I liked the first Season.
>>
>>376728690
Heh.

I guess this would be a good time to make a stealth game and cash in then.
>>
>>376729682
>Also forgot Splinter Cell is kill
I-I liked blacklist anon
>>
>>376729682
Splinter Cell is kill but Japan didn't kill it. France did.
>>
>>376729197
Yeah that was also what was keeping me away, I felt I had to play them chronologically to really appreciate it and I don't like hopping into franchises out of order but this would be an exception if you say that's the case.
>>
>>376729879
Plot in Hitman series isn't all that good and they're carefully retconning parts of it in the latest game anyway.
>>
>>376726725
Isn't that just a kebab but rolled up in dough?
>>
>>376729821
That's fine, I have no stake in this. I keep hearing mixed things about Blacklist, but I just know that it sold poorly and Ubisoft put the franchise on the shelf last I checked.

>>376729832
Oh right, I didn't realize that was what you were mentioning. I was just naming another stealth series that got the axe.

>>376730132
>Plot in Hitman series isn't all that good

That's a little disappointing. Guess I'll hop into Blood Money then and if I like it I'll check out the rest and maybe skip Absolution unless I'm bored.
>>
>>376730728
>I keep hearing mixed things about Blacklist
It's conviction on steroids with more content and actual difficulty
>>
>>376728638
With good fucking reason. Absolution was absolute shit.
>>
>>376729724

Episodic releases benefit no one but the publisher. If it sells poorly they can just can the rest of the "season" instead of having to risk the whole cost up front. That's the only reason it's episodic, to reduce financial risk, not because they want to get content out to us as quickly as possible.
>>
>>376729134
>no humor and serious, Mann-style tone
Because it had shit writing? Dialogue is basically

>Fuck shit fucking dick on shit that asshole fuck shoot him dead hahaha fuck oh shit oh fuck fucking fuck yeah that shit fuck hey what fuck no shit
>>
>>376731197
I don't deny that, IOI literally wrote an apology letter to the community about and retconned to the point "all the assassinations happened, but not in the ways and for the reasons depicted"
>>
>>376730928
Hmm if I decide to play Splinter Cell post-Chaos Theory I might consider giving Blacklist a go.
>>
>>376731197
>Absolution was absolute shit.
I know that but i really want to play it. Dissuade me, please.
>>
File: 1492902629039.jpg (76KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492902629039.jpg
76KB, 461x700px
>>376722329
Hitman S2 fucking hype
>>
>>376731765
Nah, don't trust my word for it. Play it yourself, who knows, maybe you'll like it. It wasn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>376731865
I played it once though, but i feel an urge to play it again.
make it stop.
>>
>>376731765
It's a dudebro linear hitman, basically
>>
>>376731765
play it again*
It's ok now, i reminded myself of the rosewood level, and literally everything except shaving lenny.
Close call there
>>
>>376732278
rosewood level?
>>
>>376732278
>>376731197
>>376731438
>i couldnt even get past the fetish nuns levels
holy shit was that bad
>>
>looking for a new investor

inb4 kickstarter
>>
why can't they become their own publisher?
>>
>>376732916
Because big companies don't like selling IP's ever.
Kinda like Banjo, Fallout, Metal Gear, etc.
However in China you can make bootleg rip off that's also a bitcoin-mining RAT which will download CP and notify the FBI if you have bethesda liked on facebook.
>>
>>376722329
Like what is considered a success for Square-Enix?

They canned fucking Sleeping Dogs 2.
>>
>>376734462
I just imagine the heads being like little children talking about numbers.

>It needs to sell like, a gazillion million copies!
>>
>>376735034
>>It needs to sell like, a gazillion million copies!
>And also appeal to a specific niche audience!
absolution sodl few millions yet SE considered it an absolute failure and it almost killed the series
>>
>>376735034
I hear Deus Ex, TOmb Raider and Thief have an uncertain future too.

Fucking slant-eyed nips.
>>
>>376730153
no
>>
>>376735278
Sure, how many million copies do you think came down to <$5 steam sales?
>>
>>376728986
>Pretty sad too
>at least we have dishonored
I kind of hate you.
>>
>>376722838
>hitman devs
>after a long weekend
they are definitely going on a killing spree
a stealthy one, ofc
>>
>>376729682
Splinter Cell is not kill, they'll reveal a new one in E3.
>>
>>376729097
play
Splinter Cell if you want DXHR
Thief if you want DX
Hitman if you want something else (skip the first, 2 features really slow walking but if you don't play it first you can probably never go back from Contracts/Blood Money)

all are fantastic in their own right
>>
>>376736783
around 40%, due to prequel syndrome where the previous game's quality has a large impact on the next game.
>>
>>376735640
fuck nu-dex and nu-lara
Thief deserves competent devs though
>>
>>376739198
>>376736783
I'm fucking illiterate.
I meant that majority came from preorder because everyone expected "Like bloodmoney, but more, fresh and prettier"

The 1$ bundle absoluteshit deal being below bloodmoney in tiers says a lot.
>>
>>376728986
Styx sucks though.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.