[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: worst boss fights in vidya history Pic related, what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14

File: joker.jpg (89KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
89KB, 1024x576px
ITT: worst boss fights in vidya history

Pic related, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Antifa training for the Joker
>>
>>376718087
honestly i think cocksteady couldn't figure out how to end the game or were rushed and just slapped that ending on because the ending sequence feels completely disconnected from the main game
>>
Why is batman fighting roided up juggalos?
Whats going on here?
>>
File: bed-of-chaos-large.jpg (132KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
bed-of-chaos-large.jpg
132KB, 600x338px
>>376718087
If /v/ bosses are meant to be tests for what the player has learned throughout the game, then this is the equivalent of a teacher giving you trigonometry lessons and then the test is a full-on physical 100m sprint.
>>
>>376718087
The fish boss from Link's Awakening
>>
File: appalling.jpg (46KB, 864x505px) Image search: [Google]
appalling.jpg
46KB, 864x505px
>>376718087
The destroyer from Borderlands. Legitimately a slap in the face to everyone who played it.
>>
Atleast half of the bosses in DaS2.
>>
>>376718087
Seriously it should have been a stealth segment
>>
>>376719208
It's the ending of Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it's easily the worst part of the game.

It's still 10/10 though you should play it
>>
>>376718087
i have legit never beaten Arkham Asylum because of this fight and how bad it is
>>
>>376719797
That whole game was a slap in the face to the players.

>You'll go to all these varying environments

You have desert areas, some caves and a mountain

>You'll have a huge variety of guns

Most guns are pallet swaps or look the same but with different stats

>The story will be interesting

Get to vault before the other guy does. They get there before you and it turns out to just be something holding a stupid monster inside of it that drops a bunch of useless weapons and other items

Such a shame they switched from the more gritty and realistic look they showed off in early builds for the comic book look with that "LOLSORANDOM XD" humour.
>>
The end battle with BANE in Origins is actually really cool. It's pretty tense and focuses on stealth instead of normal melee combat.

That would have been a better way to handle Killer Croc and Joker in Asylum.
>>
>>376720862
>Killer Croc
What, you didn't like playing whack-a-mole? It was obviously such a good idea. Obviously, a big brute who pretty much everyone wants to fight hand-to-hand should just be a series of marco polo encounters. Obviously
>>
File: Retribution_Lucien.jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Retribution_Lucien.jpg
61KB, 960x540px
>>
>>376718087
this was a shit game but what really pisses me off is how they teased roid rage batman vs roid rage joker vs roid rage commissioner gordon and that would have been so absurd that it would have singlehandedly redeemed it

instead you just fight lots of goons while joker hulk rants at helicopters
>>
>>376721478
> roid rage batman vs roid rage joker vs roid rage commissioner gordon
Mechanically, wouldn't that just be the same as fighting goons but with upsized character models?
>>
File: Normal_generalscales.jpg (20KB, 365x400px) Image search: [Google]
Normal_generalscales.jpg
20KB, 365x400px
Being the only one who likes Star Fox Adventures it was a disappointment you can't fight this guy
>>
>>376720687
if I recall, the reason they went with the comic book look was because somehow the textures got fucked and they had to whip something up real quick.
>>
>>376718087
The one at the end of Shadow of Mordor. It was a fucking QTE.
>>
>>376722039

I was hoping he was in the middle of raping Krystal by the time Fox arrives.
>>
>>376720862
>Origins

What a piece of shit game. Whatever casting retard green-lit that Batman voice actor needs to be killed
>>
File: Corypheus_profile.jpg (35KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Corypheus_profile.jpg
35KB, 306x306px
>Behold as I slowly jaunt backwards without doing any damage to your party
>FEAR ME AS I TELEPORT AWAY FROM COMBAT AND CONTEMPLATE ON WHY I ONLY BROUGHT 4 BASIC DEMONS TO THE FINAL FIGHT
>Hope you enjoy pillow fights because my dragon does
>>
>>376724603
kek
That's pretty funny.
>>
File: Gyorg_(Majora's_Mask).png (406KB, 661x661px) Image search: [Google]
Gyorg_(Majora's_Mask).png
406KB, 661x661px
Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda games even though it has the worst Zelda boss.
Although I will admit it isn't as awful in the 3ds version.
>>
>>376719395
Never played this game, but I remember watching someone fight this boss and thinking "wow this is the dumbest shit"
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
Fuck this fight.
>>
File: Ardyn-FFXV.jpg (82KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn-FFXV.jpg
82KB, 640x346px
>>376718087
This piece of shit.

Fucking put 100 hours into this game to do some basic af air battle with a shoddy camera to have this fedora wearing faggot not even put up much of a fight.
>>
File: Bellower_master.png (20KB, 269x319px) Image search: [Google]
Bellower_master.png
20KB, 269x319px
Hi, I am a giant generic red enemy. I get free turns when you hit me and sometimes I will scream. I'm also the final boss.
>>
>>376719797
To be honest, The Warrior was also kinda bland.
>>
>>376720603
Lol what? It's a bullshit fight, not a difficult fight.
>>
File: lmap.jpg (78KB, 375x471px) Image search: [Google]
lmap.jpg
78KB, 375x471px
>>376725023
>THE WARRIOR IS SO POWERFUL HE CAN DESTROY ALL LIFE ON PANDORA
>literally just a rock&lava monster
>doesn't even have ranged attacks like lasers or super weapons
>kill him with guns
???
>>
>>376723779
Boss fights with QTEs can sometimes be done well (I legitimately enjoy the knife fight with Krauser in RE4), but when you have the whole final boss fight just with QTEs then something went wrong.

Shadow of Mordor and Dying Light were prime examples of this.
>>
>>376718087
Literally any boss from a turn based game that can take control of one of your party members, ESPECIALLY the healer.
What's that, you've just about beaten me despite my bullshit amount of health? Guess I'll just have your healer waste a spell on me to undo all of the damage that you've done
;P
>>
>>376725208
Wasn't there also a place in the fighting area where you could stand there and just snipe him while he fails to hit you?
>>
File: Touch_Me_FF7.png (83KB, 376x385px) Image search: [Google]
Touch_Me_FF7.png
83KB, 376x385px
This is harder than the final boss of FF7
Hopefully whoever overlooked the possibility of the Frog Lock should be fired.
>>
>>376719395

Never played a DS game myself. What's so bad about this boss?
>>
>>376725540
hi dunkey
>>
>>376725827
who?
>>
theres a lot of games that seem to put bosses in that don't really fit. human revolution comes to mind.
>>
>>376725796
The entire game, you will learn how to dodge enemy attacks, learn openings, learn weaknesses and strengths of your own playstyle, learn skillsets, etc.

Bed of Chaos kicks that all out the window and turns it into an RNGfest where you have to run to the boss's weak points and hope you don't step on the wrong section of floor or you die. The 'difficulty' then comes from just learning where the floor crumbles and not from any of the actual skills you learned from the main game.
>>
File: rhPqWEA.jpg (62KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
rhPqWEA.jpg
62KB, 960x720px
>>376726030
>>
>>376725023
Took Gearbox till Battleborn to REALLY pull off good boss fights. TPS' The Sentinel was a good attempt by 2K aussie and I guess after the shutdown Gearbox "copied" their design choices.

None of the raid bosses in BL2 or 1 were THAT good as well if you think about it.
>>
File: images (37).jpg (11KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (37).jpg
11KB, 280x180px
>>376724793
No, this guy is easily the worst boss in Zelda. Gyorg is actually pretty great since it's super tense - Morpha is just all around a dumb fight. I don't know how they combined it to be too boring and too easy at the same time, but they managed
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.