[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fellow nintendo fans of /v/ I have a serious question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

Alright fellow nintendo fans of /v/ I have a serious question for you as a huge fan of the company.

Why can't you take even the slightest criticism without complete denial or freaking out? Why can't you admit these franchises have flaws? Why can't you admit Mario gets yearly rehashes? What is honestly going through your head that you have to defend this company that hardly gives a shit about anything except your money like a wall?

They're a fantastic company, but people would take the fan base a lot more seriously if you all weren't so fucking nuts.
>>
>>376713437
(You) sage
>>
>>376713516
Thanks for wasting your own time.
>>
>>376713437
Self proclaimed Nintenbro here
>Why can't you take even the slightest criticism without complete denial or freaking out?
Becausegenerally the criticism is uncalled for or exaggerated, or ignoring the positives.

>Why can't you admit these franchises have flaws?
Same as above.

>Why can't you admit Mario gets yearly rehashes?
Because it doesn't. While numerous games with 'Mario' in the name are released a year, they are all completely different from each other. There's only one 3D mario per console, one 2D mario per console, one mario kart per console, one mario tennis per console, etc. Yes, that's a lot of Mario, but if you just changed the characters you'd see that they aren't at all related to each other.

>What is honestly going through your head that you have to defend this company that hardly gives a shit about anything except your money like a wall?
Good question. If I made rational decisions I wouldn't be on 4chan either.

>but people would take the fan base a lot more seriously if you all weren't so fucking nuts.
The 4chan Nintendo fanbase is MUCH more tame than on other websites. The people sending death threats to Retro, crying over Iwata and wanting to sue CEMU are all from other sites, and I 100% agree with you.
>>
>>376713437
I'm I fan of nintendo and recognize their many flaws, but I also thing sony and microsoft are just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>376714105
Just whenever someone brings up a criticism of a nintendo game more often than not I see the response being Nope or not true even though it is. It's just straight up denial. I do realize that a lot of people hate on their games with no basis. But I've even brought up criticisms from games I have tons of hours in and people try to tell me I'm wrong. God I won't even talk about BoTW anymore.

Also I guess I see where you're coming from with the Mario stuff but idk they are much to similar. Mario kart has been the same game for 8 games with maybe some slight changes here and there. 2d Mario and 3d Mario are not different enough for me to consider different games.
>>
>>376714534
Mario would piss me off more if they were releasing a game almost every year like Assassins creed or Call of Duty used to do. It's a smart decision for any company to have at least one game of a major series on each of their consoles.
>>
>>376713437
>Why can't you admit Mario gets yearly rehashes?
What universe do you live in?
>>
>>376713437
I can take criticism fine, I only protest against the irrational criticism. Screeching autistically a game is shit without explaining why or overestimating a really minor flaw is what I call invalid criticism.

Every franchise has flaws. That includes Nintendo franchises as well. Never understood why people seem to think otherwise. I also think every game has flaws, but that's not relevant to the questionnaire.

Mario gets yearly rehashes, even though they are painted differently, but that's the curse of being a popular, long running franchise that also has a few popular spin-offs. Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Mario RPG and a while ago Mario Party are all popular Mario titles. Oh, and Mario & Sonic, which is a two yearly franchise.

I'm always that guy who tries to look at something a company does with a business point of view, so I'm well aware Nintendo cares about money first.

I agree Nintendo fans seem to suck their dick a little too much at times and can't accept any criticism. Which causes shit in >>376714105 to happen.
>>
>>376714534
>2d Mario and 3d Mario are not different enough for me to consider different games
That makes no sense. You are telling me Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all nearly identical? SMB, SMB3, SMW, NSMB, and NSMBU are all exactly the same?

I've been baited again, haven't I?
>>
>>376714534
>2d Mario and 3d Mario are not different enough for me to consider different games.
Maybe if you weren't a blind dumbass you'd have a better chance at having a decent discussion on /v/
>>
>>376715271
>Mario gets yearly rehashes
If you can list the 3D Mario rehashes that came out in the past 5 years, that would be great.
>>
>>376715428
So you're telling me cod waw, modern warfare, black ops, advanced warfare are all exactly the same???
>>
>>376715567
Yes. Specially when compared to Mario and Zelda.
>>
Look how many angry Mario fans are in this thread! Just case I said it gets yearly rehashes they're freaking out. Way to go guys.
>>
>>376715665
:^)
>>
>>376715567
No, but they are very similar visually, and carry the same style of control and general game progression both with single and multiplayer. Meanwhile Sunshine and 3D World are barely in the same genre. Not to mention CoD gets 3-5 games per generation, while 3D Mario tends to get 1 per console outside Galaxy 2. It helps that I have played all the games we are discussing, while you most likely haven't even seen pictures of them.
>>
>>376715669
See >>376715556
>>
>>376713437
It's not about what you criticize, but how you criticize. Sadly most of /v/ lacks this basic social skill, thus rendering any intelligent discussion impossible.
>>
>>376713437
This is the internet. Most people are children or mentally unstable. No sensible person gives a fuck if you don't like Nintendo.
>>
>>376713437
>Why can't you take even the slightest criticism without complete denial or freaking out?
Shitposting isn't criticism. Now fuck off Sonybro
>>
File: 1491775595984.jpg (44KB, 502x699px) Image search: [Google]
1491775595984.jpg
44KB, 502x699px
>>376713437
Because virtually every criticism isn't actually criticism, it's people stating their opinions on why they don't like something.

EX: "I hate the Nintendo Switch because <insert bing-bing-wahoo meme here>"

If people actually provided a claim and backed it up with proof, then there would actually be "criticism" but everything I've seen and heard so far has been nothing short of bait threads and memeposting.
>>
>>376713437
Why can't you admit that Nintendo are the most innovative hardware manufacturer?

Why can't you admit that every video game console manufacturer for the past 25 years has copied Nintendo's hardware and software designs and capitalised on an entire business model for a whole industry which Nintendo put in place?

Why can't you admit that Nintendo have created some of the greatest video games ever made and still continue to develope software which elvates the industry's perception of what video games should be?

Why can't you admit Nintendo's importance to the entire gaming industry and how worse off it would without them?

Why the denial?

>inb4 people call me a drone but cannot actually disprove any of the above because they are known and accepted facts.
>>
>>376716330
But I do admit all of this? Nintendo is my favourite video game company but I can realize they have their flaws, hence the thread.

Nice projection though.
>>
File: 1491912358342.jpg (44KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1491912358342.jpg
44KB, 500x332px
>>376716714
>"I can realize they have their flaws"
>Doesn't list any flaws

Great thread!
>>
>>376716714
Who the fuck said they didn't have flaws? Creatively, they're inspirational. Business wise, they're a shower of cunts.

But I know that they're not there to be my friend, they're there to make money. I take what I want from them and leave what I don't.
>>
>>376716330
>Why can't you admit that Nintendo are the most innovative hardware manufacturer?
Correct. They've got innovative ideas on what constitutes a good idea, by which I mean their designs are unique in the sense of "WTF is this shit?"

>Why can't you admit that every video game console manufacturer for the past 25 years has copied Nintendo's hardware and software designs and capitalised on an entire business model for a whole industry which Nintendo put in place?
Actually true. No complaints, but that's overplaying Nintendo's importance. They may have laid the foundation, but you shouldn't ignore the breakthroughs everyone else made.

>Why can't you admit that Nintendo have created some of the greatest video games ever made and still continue to develope software which elvates the industry's perception of what video games should be?
First part is true; second part is fan wank. Lmao at "Elvates [sic] the industry's perception of what video games should be"

>Why can't you admit Nintendo's importance to the entire gaming industry and how worse off it would without them?
Actually true. Competition is generally better for consumers. Monopolies would indeed make things worse.

>Why the denial?
Because of evidence to the contrary.
>>
Alright fellow x fans...
substitute x with either Sony, Microsoft or PC. If you don't think it's exactly the same you're part of the problem. If you honestly think Nintendo fans are better or worse than other fans you're deluded.

also
> Mario yearly rehashes
> 3D World released 2013
Really gets that noggin jogging
>>
>>376713437
/V/ is not one person. Some are faggots others want discussion. don't lump them together.
>>
>>376713437
In what universe do we get the same Mario games every year?

Mario Kart is nothing like Mario Odyssey which is nothing like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, you know?
>>
>>376716890
>Why can't you admit these franchises all have flaws

Literally in the OP
>>
I identify as a Nintendo and I believe everyone is flawless, anyone who says otherwise is Companist and needs reeducation.
>>
>>376714534
>Just whenever someone brings up a criticism of a nintendo game more often than not I see the response being Nope

More like HURR SONYGGER DURRR
>>
>>376717090
This. OP is a fag.
>>
>>376717043
>second part is fan wank.

Oh really? Do I really have to point towards Super Mario Bros, LoZ, Super Metroid, Mario 64, OoT, Wii Sports, Brain Training and just recently BotW to name a few.

Absolute literal game changers which either raised the bar, pushed the boudaries of peoples preconceived expectations of what a video game is or took many developers in new directions. Tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>376717474
>BoTW

OMG open world so innovative! Everything else is more or less exactly like every other Zelda, just thrown into the worst genre there is right now.
>>
>>376716330
>Why can't you admit Nintendo's importance to the entire gaming industry and how worse off it would without them?

This isn't the 90s anymore. Nintendo is so irrelevant they literally have just released what would be considered a 9th gen console yet you won't see a single person saying we're already at the 9th gen merely because it's Nintendo has no such relevancy.

Nintendo has been locked into their own bubble ever since Sony took away all their third party support with the PS1. It's the textbook definition of a Has-Been.
>>
>>376717474
>still continue to develope software which elvates the industry's perception of what video games should be
>still
Emphasis on "still". Wii Sports was ages ago, and BotW was revolutionary only in its own franchise.

Why the fuck are you mentioning Super Mario Bros, LoZ, Super Metroid, Mario 64, and OoT?
>>
>>376713437
>Mario gets yearly rehashes

no it doesn't. If you're counting spin offs then it does, but the main platforming 3d series (Aka the not shovelware) does not
>>
>>376717626
BotW raises the bar for open world games. Keep living in denial.
>>
>>376717852
Haven't had a good laugh like that in a while, thanks anon.
>>
>>376717852
Srs: In what way? What did it introduce? The only thing I can think of is adding a stamina bar to a genre that normally doesn't use stamina bars.
>>
>>376717626
I know its mindblowing, but every journo and gamedev I've heard talk about the game is stunned by its structure and traversal and complete openess. You will see the effects of its impact in the future, no doubt, and it will make open world videogames better for it.
>>
>>376717924
name some better ones
>>
>>376717852
Open world games are bad and a fad and hopefully die out fast. It's all bloated bullshit meant to grab your eye off the bat and keep you exploring the endless empty wasteland full of pretty scenery and shit game play.

Why don't you go on vacation or something? There's much better things to look at irl
>>
>>376717983
Citation needed. Hell, even just 2 please
>>
>>376717656
>Nintendo is so irrelevant

You don't even understand, do you? They're literally the ONLY relevant hardware manufacturer now. Sony and Microsoft are making nothing but shit-tier PC rigs. Welcome to creative stagnation.
>>
>>376718002
>>376718021
>>
>>376717964
true openess with no railroading ala gta
>>
>>376713437
A lot of Nintendo fans read the comments, agree with the criticisms, and move on without replying. /v/ is kept active mainly by reactionary autists, so they make any fanbase look bad.
>>
>>376718021
>hopefully die out fast
Not happening any time soon, anon. Horizon, BotW, and the upcoming Red Dead, A-Creed, and Far Cry will ensure it lives, quality be damned
>>
>>376718083
dodging the question
even if open world games are shit, this does not stop botw being the best out of them
>>
>>376717983
If you haven't realized how cancerous gaming journalism is by now you gotta open your eyes man.
>>
People have different tastes.

Why are you upset about it? If you enjoy something, enjoy it with others. If you hate something, hate it by yourself.
>>
>>376718110
t. Skyrim which is 5 years old lol
>>
>that guy who not ONCE IN THE ENTIRE GAME even ATTEMPTS to be anywhere near the objective and help the team
>>
>>376718042
I listen to the Giant Bombcast. Every podcast since its release had game journo guests and devs talk about it. I heard one recently with the Firewatch people on it and they could not stop gushing about it and how it got them thinking about how to handle their games going forward.
>>376717924
This is why Nintendo fans give responses that fags like OP get so triggered by
>>
>>376718186
The original far cry is a better open world game than BoTW. If even say skyrim is better and I hate that game. Also I do like Zelda games BoTW is an exception.
>>
>>376718345
We also have to acknowledge that Zeldas name has a lot to do with why its so important and will be so impactful.

I've been playing Horizon and its a nice looking game but it annoys me when I try to climb something and cant. The way objects interact just dont feel right either anymore.
>>
>>376713437
What do you care dummy, you'll buy anything
>>
File: 1351223375448.png (15KB, 483x558px) Image search: [Google]
1351223375448.png
15KB, 483x558px
>>376713437
The Seal of Quality only ever meant that the game functioned correctly and didn't have any game-breaking bugs. It came at a time when devs had been shitting out floods of horrible broken Atari games, and Nintendo needed something to restore public trust in vidya. It never indicated anything about the quality of a game.
>>
>>376718994
Just picked a random pic for OP But I actually didn't know that nice little bit of history thanks anon .
>>
File: 1492862947126.jpg (74KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
1492862947126.jpg
74KB, 400x560px
>>376717964
The level of freedom on offer is unparalled. Consider how utterly free the game is - purely from an exploration point of view - there are no roadblocks, you can go anywhere. With the combination of climbing and paragliding, there's no other game which makes exploration so much fun Do you have any comprehension of how monumental complicated it is to code something like that and not have it come crashing down around your feet?

And then consider the layers apon layers of gameplay mechanics heaped on top of it.

The world building alone is incredible. The weather, the climate and the environment are all intricately connected and actively influences the player's choices and, in turn, changes they way the player thinks and interacta with the world - Nintendo coded a living breathing world of consequence. Considering the tech it's running on, it's a phenomenal achievement.

Of course, the clueless kiddies on /v/ will live in denial because the understand nothing about game design.
>>
>>376719624
It did a few other things like putting a contractual limit on how many Nintendo games publishers could release per year. And it indicates licensed accessories. /v/ uses it as a weird talking point sometimes about how Nintendo's games were better when they were putting the seal on everything. It never mattered.
>>
>>376719795
Nigga, 90% of what you said was already in Phantom Pain.
>>
>>376719986
And yet you can't name a single game which handles these concepts as expertly as BotW

This same argument I see everyday.

>B-but a similar feature was already in another game!

It's live trying to discredit the television because someone drew pictures on a cave wall.
>>
>>376713437
>Why can't you admit these franchises have flaws?

Nintendo fans do admit the franchises have flaws. We're just not going to accept shitposts about how a minor flaw is some kind of unforgivable thing and that we should hate the games for having them.

We're not going to accept that Mario Kart 8 is a yearly rehash because Super Mario 3D World came out the year before. Mario is not a genre, it's a franchise.
>>
>>376719986
>as expertly as BotW
There's the rub. "Expertly", my ass
>>
>>376720617
And yet you still can't name a game. Go figure.
>>
>>376719624
And that's the European one, the American one was more oval.
>>
>>376718676
Tell that Metroid fans
>>
>>376720408
>It's live trying to discredit the television because someone drew pictures on a cave wall.
I was under the impression that an electronic device rendering moving pictures with sounds was pretty different from a static image on a wall.
>>
>>376720701
I just did, or do you not fucking read?
>>
>>376720834
No no, its the same ordeal, Nintendo just does its at a 24 image per second refresh rate.

Cavemen really did invent the moving picture though.
>>
>>376720834
Exactly. But you will still see droves of people on this board unwilling to give BotW the credit it's due. The game isn't perfect, nothing ever is. But what Nintendo accomplished was truly impressive and all future open world games will now be measured against it. Anyone with a genuine appreciation for video games should be able to admit that.
>>
>>376713437
But I do... And they're not a fantastic company they have fallen from grace.
>>
>>376713437
But I do.
>>
Alright fellow sony fans of /v/ I have a serious question for you as a huge fan of the company.

Why can't you take even the slightest criticism without complete denial or freaking out? Why can't you admit these franchises have flaws? Why can't you admit nogames gets yearly rehashes? What is honestly going through your head that you have to defend this company that hardly gives a shit about anything except your money like a wall?

They're a fantastic company, but people would take the fan base a lot more seriously if you all weren't so fucking nuts.
>>
Ultimately the ''''''criticism'''''' lobbied at Nintendo is, for the most part, complete nonsense.

Take, for example, the response towards Federation Force. Why were people up in arms about that game existing?
>>
File: 1490934799796.jpg (34KB, 539x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490934799796.jpg
34KB, 539x480px
>>376722857
Nice attempt at sarcasm, but since when Sony fans DDOS'd some reviewer's site because he gave a highly ranked game a less-than-perfect score?
>>
>>376723890
Fuck off cody you're the worst offender
>>
>>376723890
>Why were people up in arms about that game existing?
This is some weakass bait
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.