[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

What went so wrong?
>>
There's not much left to discuss anon.
Publishers made them release unfinished shit then blamed the franchise for it being received poorly, Deus Ex is now shelved forever. End of story.
>>
>>376706093
The biggest problem with it is that it's just a slightly more refined Human Revolution, the sort of sequel you'd expect to come out 2 years after the original rather than half a decade later
>>
>>376706093
They reset all your equipment like Metroid.
The new augs are useless apart from remote hacking and nano blade if your doing a lethal playthrough.
They tried portraying augs as a race but failed.
They failed to portray augs as the old elite and wealthy dealing with false limb rejections.
They failed to portray Adam as an aging rust bucket whos only aug advantage is he doesn't reject his augs.
They had a secret base that failed to be attacked or expanded on or even have you interrogate someone.

I liked it for the price. In the end a lot of missed opportunities.
>>
>>376706479
Hopefully Square-enix puts the franchise up for sale one day along with Thief so that a better developer can show the series the love it deserves!
>>
It was a good game, but greedy and lazy.
>>
>>376707430
Yeah! Just like they did with Ground Control!
>>
>>376706093
The scale. Deus Ex was always about the scale. Not just conspiracies, GLOBAL conspiracies. That means different cities and shit
And the story. The ending was so abrupt
>>
Human Revolution was great, so they relied too much on the success it had and didn't come up with anything new worth mentioning.
>>
Heavy-handed and cringeworthy left-wing political themes

Unacceptably short

Boring locations with not enough variety

The gameplay is the same as Human Revolution but polished and improved, which would be understandable if it came out a couple years after HR but they had 5 years so it's not unreasonable to expect some new and fresher gameplay elements
>>
>>376706093

Developers wanted to leave Adam dead and have a new MC but the publishers said NOPE since he had such a distinct voice.

Hence we got MKD
>>
>>376707649

Funny story, HR had just come out when my girlfriend started dating and every time the commercial would come on and Adam would say "I never asked for this." I would do an impression.

We broke up as soon as Mankind Divided came out.

Is it related in some way or even the cause?

Who cares, I'm a free man.
>>
>>376708714
nah, the cause is that some nigger has a bigger dick than you
enjoy your freedom
>>
>>376706093
Nothing for me, I liked it

>>376707382
Remote hacking is literally useless
>>
>>376707649
>Heavy-handed and cringeworthy left-wing political themes

jesus fucking christ you goddamn drones.
>>
The wait for CP77 is long and hard.
>>
>>376709020
Not that anon but heavy handed political issues are just plain retarded.

Almost as retarded as anons who refuse to partake in media which challange their viewpoint.
>>
All the SJW crap and barely any gameplay
>>
File: deusex.jpg (53KB, 378x490px) Image search: [Google]
deusex.jpg
53KB, 378x490px
>>376706093
uncompressed everything.
>>
>>376708871

Well she was T H I C C in the ass area for a white girl but she was fat in every other department.

Also, she caught me cheating twice. In our bed. We used her vibrator. Yeah, I suppose I was asking for it.

Thank God I'm white, good looking and witty.
>>
>>376706093
That piece of shit burned my fucking motherboard. And the game wasn't even worth it.
>>
File: deus ex aug lives matter.jpg (44KB, 331x342px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex aug lives matter.jpg
44KB, 331x342px
>>376709020
I don't buy for a single fucking second that they came up with "aug lives matter" before BLM kicked off
>>
>>376708132
They tried a new guy with The Fall and nobody liked him.
>>
>>376706093
Nomura.

SE could already see they waren't going to make thier money back on FFXV, so they intervened in a western game to try and recoup their losses, twice - both times backfired (AUGMENT YOUR PREORDER and splitting the game in half)
>>
Worth getting for ps4 at 14,95e? And DLC?
>>
>>376709474
must be why you settled down for a landwhale you're currently blogging about
>>
>>376709578
this is cringe incarnate 2bh
>>
>>376709883
I feel like they made one too many fuck ups and the game paid for it. Aug lives matter pissed off SJWs and people who are fatigued by real life political matters pushed into everything. Before that was the pre order thing. Before that was the slipped information that MD was originally a big game that got cut up to be made into the first of a trilogy. Adam, although a great fucking character, might have been the wrong choice for a protagonist. Some people heard about the micro-transactions and didn't get the game because of that. I bet a lot of casuals who got HR on PS360 also hadn't bought a PS4, Xbone, or gaming PC since then, so they couldn't buy MD even if they wanted it. MD also released close to some other AAA games.

There were lots of little things that made it underperform.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.