[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RTS games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

How do we get people interested in them again? I'm tired of MOBAshit/CS:GO being the most popular competitive games.
>>
>>376700509
Maybe release a new good one? And then advert it?
Also why do you care whats most popular. Just fucking ignorowaƂa it and Play what you want.
>>
File: OXjFdcmJ.jpg (24KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
OXjFdcmJ.jpg
24KB, 428x428px
>competitive
>>
>>376700783
Hello casual :)
>>
I think that RTS games are too hard and complex for today's casual players, they also tend to have longer games,require patience and spending time learning to get better

AoE II HD is popular enough and I guess its as close as it gets to that

Also, why do you want them to become very popular? A game doesn't need to be in the top 10 most played to be enjoyed
>>
>>376700509
Make it easier, simpler, and faster.

You did say more popular, right?
>>
>>376701020
Hello Unz Unz dorito mtn dew e-sports player who tries to earn quick $$$. Have a nice day!
>>
no no no no, before we revive rts we need to revive arena shooters
>>
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds II
>>
>>376700509
If this thread will still be around, then I will present my thoughts. Now I'm at work and it's hard to write on a phone entire posts.
>>
>>376700509
People still like Clash of Clams, which is sort of stripped down RTS
>>
>>376701393

>Longer games

Wtf the most played game is League of lesbians with 40 minutes games you can't even leave.

In rts you can always leave and the lenght of the game depends on you
>>
>>376704248
>leave
You mean give up?

In AoE II short games are just because someone get rushed early and gets rekt or gives up trying. Maybe games are usually about 30-40 min long, but it can always develop into hours long units spams until someone makes a bad move or gives up

I don't know about mobas, but if those 40 min are fixed then its a lot easier for a casual to deal with "I have a 40 mins game" than just "this game can be quick or so long I may have to give up at some point"
>>
>>376701393
Multiplayer RTS games have always been too much for casual players, not just the ones of today.

RTS games used to sell on their single player campaigns.
>>
>>376702012
kinda cheap, I'm not into defending Esports, but your point kinda low
>>
File: smugest of them all.jpg (48KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
smugest of them all.jpg
48KB, 544x600px
>>376703826
>>
>>376700509
make a good one
make it free to play so super accessible
>>
File: 1494294991771.jpg (894KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494294991771.jpg
894KB, 2100x1500px
make a good and innovative RTS that actually looks presentable
>>
>>376705402
Seems completely pointless to make a good free to play game.

The kind of people who play f2p games won't notice that it's good and the kind of people who appreciate good games wouldn't touch it.
>>
>>376705062
Yeah true, its just a niche genre that doesn't appeal to casuals, it may have been more or less popular and maybe a simplified game could get some populatiry even nowm but its not just gonna become a popular genre like others are
>>
File: 1482764495360.jpg (65KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
1482764495360.jpg
65KB, 640x598px
>>376705062
This. I used to play RTS for the single player campaigns and had a blast. I wish they would make a come back too, and all I ever did multiplayer AoEII was play CBA. I'll admit I was never good at making quick decisions under pressure though, I much prefer games like grand strategy, 4X, total war, and dwarf fortress where I can actually plan out strategy.

I'm probably contributing to the problem.
>>
make 5vs5 the only multiplayer mode (or at least the most prominent) and have all bases clustered in the same spot, and keep the army size small but make each unit matter.
so 6 minutes in you move out with 7 units from your 5 players and coordinate an attack on the enemy base.
>>
>>376706009
I think the only problem with turn based strategy compared to RTS games is that RTS games are way more visceral
>>
File: 1444254690423.gif (424KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444254690423.gif
424KB, 248x300px
>>376701464
Unfortunately that is true, and if you do make these changes the risk for the game to be bad are HUGE, especially in an RTS game
>mfw when we won't have Warcraft clones and AoE clones
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.