[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitman is finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: pack.jpg (24KB, 375x480px) Image search: [Google]
pack.jpg
24KB, 375x480px
JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED

no game is good enough to afford a gradual release and survive 3 DRM

Hitman devs must have been so caught up in their forums' hype that they imagined the normies are gonna bother buying 1 hitman level a month

They literally BLACKED their own release hype. 99% of purchases happen first 2 weeks

WHO IN THE FUCK RELEASES A 1 level game?. Not even Bioware is that stupid

Oh and by the way- those who bothered with the first level like me, didnt bother anymore coz Denuvo fucked this game performance by an average of 13fps at all times
>>
>SE force their retarded episodic release bullshit on IO
>Hitman doesn't sell that well due to this
>SE just cuts ties, killing the series ans maybe the studio
>JUSTICE

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>literally blacked
kill yourself meme sprouting idiot
>>
>>376693429
>>SE force their retarded episodic release bullshit on IO

why do you think it was SE?
>>
>>376695040
Because IO is a SE subsidiary, and SE is the publisher to begin with. They can't make a call like that without their parent company and publisher, and the release format is not their decision in the first place. Blame anyone, blame SE.
>>
>>376692948
>13fps at all times
Don't buy the game if you don't meet the system requirements you retard. I'm playing with my potato masher and it doesn't drop below 30FPS.
>>
>>376695350
OP here. I am a Denuvian. Denuvo randomly drops fps to 0 and then back up to average. that happens when there is a DRM check by Denuvo

Denuvo has frequent checkpoints

also all games with Denuvo has similar performance Patterns. its as if you lose 20% of your GPU power
>>
>>376695040
>literally uses SE servers for the online portion
>what makes you think it was SE?

You need to think with your brain anon, as opposed to whatever you where using before.
>>
>>376695486
That is caused by autosaving, not denuvo. You can disable it in options.
>>
>>376693429
>signing shitty deals with evil publishers

It's justice alright.
>>
>>376695581
Disabled already. Now if you have an excuse for performance dips in countless other Denuvo games I'm interested.
>>
>>376695718
I'm actually curious if you have something to back this up. I played about 120 hours of hitman, and I did notice periodic FPS drops out of the blue that lasted a couple of seconds and then didn't happen for another 30ish minutes. I figured it was an autosave connected to the servers or something.
>>
>>376695718
Never had problems with Denuvo games and I have like 10 of them in my steam library, if it runs like shit then it's obviously because of bad optimization. Denuvo is only a problem for pirates and people who wanna benchmark the game on multiple systems in one day.
>>
>>376695849
OP here. I am a certified Denuvian. Denuvo requires massive optimisation by the Devs once injected in the game- OTHERWISE the game will average an 15fps loss at all times and frequent fps plummeting to 0 and then back up
>>
>>376692948
I wonder if this will convince Square not to release ff7 remake as episodic, just kidding we all know they are retarded
>>
>>376696070
this episodic meme will never work. some media is meant for episodic like a tele-series....BUT not movies or games
>>
I'm honestly conflicted about this whole episodic thing. On one hand, episodic releases are fucking bullshit and I got Hitman once they released all the episodes and put a huge discount on it because fuck episodes. On the other hand, apparently the episodic release of this game did help the devs tailor each new level based on players' feedback and it shows. Later levels, especially Hokkaido, are fucking amazing. That said, I still believe episodic releases just isn't for video games. There's just too many ways for the developers to fuck over the customers whenever a 'pay now, content later' scheme is present. The same goes for kikestarter and early access bullshit.
>>
>>376696163
>but not movies
Fuck off, some of the best classics are episodic.
>>
File: howtospotaretard.jpg (35KB, 393x477px) Image search: [Google]
howtospotaretard.jpg
35KB, 393x477px
>>376692948
>developer gets to pick what DRM is enforced or how a game is released

wew
>>
>>376695670
They can't not sign when it's their parent company.
>>
>>376692948
>Best Hitman game we've ever had is dead
>JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED
Wow, you're a special kind of retarded, huh
>>
>>376695846
>>376695849
The pirated versions run better. Go figure.
>>
>>376696250
Pretty much this. I avoided this game like the plague when it first came out, but then gave it a try after it had been completed. I really enjoyed it, and felt that it was a much better game than Absolution and arguably as good, if not better than all the previous games. While I could see how the episodic releases helped with the level design, I couldn't shake the feeling that it had been harmful to it in the long run.

As someone that played Codename 47 as their first Hitman and still owns a boxed copy of it, I'm genuinely sad that it's all over. I really hope IO finds work somewhere else, and are able to make a spiritual successor to it without SE breathing down their necks.
>>
Honestly, episodic may actually fit Hitman well, seeing as its levels are meant to be played several times, and elusive targets are rolled out over time. I imagine more casual players would still get their money's worth after a single playthrough of each level and no ETs, though, so perhaps episodic is harmful to the appeal to them. But I may be biased as I'm a dev (but have nothing to do with marketing or releases).
>>
Sony needs to buy rhe IP so I can play s2 as an exclusive
>>
FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX
>>
>>376697414
I just tested it. I never turned autosave off.
>>
>>376697414
Isn't the pirated version still stuck with nogunz/noentrances because it doesn't connect to the internet?
>>
>>376692948
FUCK Square Enix. They need to die. They've fucked up Deus Ex AND Hitman now. I can't fucking forgive this. Who do I have to assassinate to ensure Square Enix tanks? I'm ready to go fucking nuclear on these assholes. They need to go bankrupt and cease to exist, for the good of the fucking industry.
>>
>>376698648
the problem is that they dont give a shit about their western devs and will fuck them over but they let the japanese devs do whatever they want.
I'm almost 100% certain that the episodic shit with hitman was SE testing to see if they could get away with it.
>>
so did they release a full version yet
>>
>>376699157
who gives a fuck XD

they blew their launch with their episodic meme

99% of sales happen during the launch 2weeks
>>
>>376699157
since there probably wont be a season 2 i'd say its as complete as its gonna get
>>
>>376699316
haha hitman BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Only thing the game did wrong is the always online nonsense, great otherwise.
>b-b-but it's episodic
Then wait for the whole thing to.come out and buy it or buy it in pieces as it comes out. Nobody was forcing you to pay $60 upfront like garbage early access titles, you dumb faggots.
>b-b-but I don't wanna wait
They give you shit to do in between releases.
I also agree with the anon who said episodic releases really helped make later episodes better. It's almost like early access done right.

>>376699157
Yes, since January which they announced last year. Learn to Google, you lazy shit.
>>
>>376699332
>as complete as its gonna get
So incomplete?

so these elusive missions will forever stay unplayable?
>>
>>376695350
>30FPS

When did low FPS become acceptable?
>>
>>376699495
>January
does the disc they released has elusive missions
>>
>>376699550
even if the game is continued the elusive targets you miss are gone forever
>>
>>376699607
so it will never be complete?

could pirates put these levels back?
>>
>>376699607
>>376699720
>>376699601
if you guys want targets i suggest Sniper Ghost war 3. it is 10 times better
>>
>>376699552
>>
>>376692948

>blaming IO instead of SE
This is how I know you don't know anything about how video games are developed
>>
>>376695487
what makes you think it was all on SE to come up with episodic content and online progression? it sure as hell isnt the business division, instead it's more likely it came from IO lead

>literally uses SE servers for the online portion
yes, and? are they supposed to make nintendo pay for the servers? or the publisher?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.