[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are keysellers killing video games on PC? Is it really better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fb-avatar.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fb-avatar.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
Are keysellers killing video games on PC?
Is it really better to just pirate the game?
>>
>>376683297
Who here bought a steam code that didn't work from these guys?
>>
>>376683424
i bought 100 games from g2a, never had a problem, just find a seller with 99/100% and you are gonna be fine
>>
If you buy a key from a trusted reseller then there's a higher chance of the key being legit which means the devs got their money and you get the game cheaper.

It's a gamble that doesn't affect the buyer. So I personally buy everything on key sites but hardly ever on G2A because I go to allkeyshop.com and g2a rarely has the best deals. CDkeys is usually good for new releases.
>>
Are used game sellers killing video games on Console?
Is it really better to just pirate the game?
>>
If its a fraudulently gotten key (e.g. from a stolen credit card) it actually costs the developer money for charge backs.

Though who cares, just do whatever the hell you want. Never had any problem with G2A myself
>>
Any developer that has ever said "just pirate the game instead" is throwing a hissy fit over profit margins. It's the behavior equivalent of a child getting upset when mom says he has to give some of the cake to his little sister so he goes "JUST LET ER TAKE ALL OF IT I DONT CARE ANYMORE".
>>
>>376683424
I did, got a refund after a few hours
Got 2 keys revoked, also got a refund after a few hours
>>
>>376683801
The difference is that the Games are physical, meaning that when you buy it used the Dev has already received money for the sale from the original owner and that used prices for new releases have a miniscule difference, making it a better incentive to buy new. But for G2A, there is a risk that you may be buying game codes (which are digital licenses for games, not a physical copy) from an individual who bought them using a stolen CC/Storefront Account, or a prepaid CC but issued a Chargeback upon you buying the key. From there, it is likely the key would be revoked or voided causing you to lose your money. Not only that, chances are that a chargeback fee is issued on top of a lost sale to the developer; causing them to lose more money than they would from Piracy.
>>
>>376683297
>resellers killing anything

Arent steam codes by definition steams problem?
Dont they have systems to do things?
>>
>>376685296
Yes, that chance does exist if you are mentally handicapped, its true
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.