[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Day Of The Tentacle good? I want to get into the point and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: screen520x924.jpg (47KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
screen520x924.jpg
47KB, 520x293px
Is Day Of The Tentacle good? I want to get into the point and click adventure genre and i was wondering if this is a good starting game
>>
Th-thanks doc
>>
>>376682987
Thanx dock
>>
>>376682987
>I want to get into point and click adventure

You really don't as much as you think you do.
>>
>>376682987
yeah it's fine.
>>
>>376682987
yes.
its a good "entry level" point and click game.
Literally every point and click adventure game made by lucasarts is good.

then go play the sierra point and click games like kings quest (not the 2015 one) space quest and police quests.
>>
>>376682987
Its worth a shot but I haven't played it since I was a kid. Im waiting for a summer sale.
>>
>>376684761
>Im waiting for a summer sale.
>he didnt buy it when it was $1 on humble bundle
>>
>>376684884
In no rush, backlog is pretty bad.
>>
>>376682987
All of the LucasArts games are great, go for Monkey Island afterward.
>>
File: 16Jvx_s-200x150.gif (813KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
16Jvx_s-200x150.gif
813KB, 200x150px
>>376684884
> he didn't buy it dirrong humble bundle

Fuck that, he didn't buy it back in '93.
>>
it's good
it's also hard as fuck, you will need to be constantly googling but the story and writing is fun so whatever
>>
>>376686229
There's only one thing I ever had to look up. Those fucking keys stuck in the doornob in that one room. Why the fuck would I ever close that door?
>>
Arigato, doktore
>>
>>376682987

Sure, but the graphics for the remake were an insult.
>>
>>376686378
kek! also the the cat turning into a skunk
>>
>>376682987
Fun game. Can occasionally have obscure puzzles but that's what you can expect from the genre. Could also try The Longest Journey, which is my favourite point and click adventure. Absolutely fantastic.

>>376684662
Let him decide for himself. Day of the Tenticle is cheap and fairly short, not like it's some huge time investment or anything.
>>
Start with one that makes sense like Larry Leisure or Monkey Island. Some of the most hailed have shit puzzles that are incredibly random and the solution is to click everywhere. I think DoTT did that as well as the Runaway games and Myst 2 Riven to name a few. Larry puzzles made sense tho.
>>
File: Inflated_f-scr.png (152KB, 643x368px) Image search: [Google]
Inflated_f-scr.png
152KB, 643x368px
>>376686631
>the longest journey
good game but....
>>
Play ZakMcKracken. It's all uphill from there.
>>
Simon the fucking sorcerer, at least the first two. You're welcome op.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.