[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ like the Wii U?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 943.png (221KB, 634x316px) Image search: [Google]
943.png
221KB, 634x316px
Why does /v/ like the Wii U?
>>
>>376678838

The majority of /v/ doesn't.
>>
>>376678838
Because poor niggers can't afford it.
>>
>>376678838
I think Wii U is dogshit
>>
>>376678939
Then why did we have daily Wii U shill threads from 2014-2016?
>>376679079
Its less expensive than PS4 and Xbone and they still own those.
>>
>>376679124
by that logic everyone is barneyfag
>>
>>376678838

Most of the people who like it either

1: have custom firmware running on it and use it as an emulation machine for all nintendo shit going back to the NES (and it's very good for this)
2: play Wii U games on their Switch (BotW, Mario Kart 8, etc.)
3: play Wii U games on their PC with CEMU
4: have no friends to really enjoy it with (Pokken, sm4sh, etc.)

so yeah most of /v/ doesnt actually like the system.

since it's dead so fast it's become dreamcast level "CUT DOWN IN ITS PRIME" meme, except the dreamcast had an amazing library and the wiiu has like 20 games tops, more like a dozen.
>>
>>376678838
because it loves me unconditionally
>>
>>376679296
>and it's very good for this)
It really isn't. Most of the good SNES, N64 and GBA games aren't on the eshop. And none of the good DS games are.
>>
>>376679296
Or there's those that like it because of the games even including multiplats
It really is another piece of hardware with failed potential because publishers are shitheads and consumers are too stupid
Really this whole gen has been garbage and its pretty fucking crazy to say that considering last gen
>>
>>376679531
He very clearly mentioned "emulation". He never once said anything about the eShop.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>376679751
Wii U does not have N64 or DS emulators outside of VC
>>
Anyone got a handy image off /v/ tier games?
>>
>>376678838
Can't you hack it and play every game?
>>
>>376679813
I say it again: you're an idiot.

A five-second search would show otherwise. Lurk more fgt
>>
>>376680006
Yeah but that didn't happen until right at the end of its life.
So for anyone who actually bought the games while they were relevant, the only games they were able to get for free are trash games like Color Splash.
>>
>>376680012
It doesn't have them you fucking retard. And N64 emulators in general that aren't VC are all unstable as fuck and not worth using.
>>
>>376678838
It had more games I wanted to play than Xbox or PS4 to be honest. Not by many, but with its cheap price and easy homebrew I couldn't turn it down.

Now I waited to buy it until way late in life though because for a long time it mostly just Smash (which I like but not too into) and Mario Kart, and Mario Kart pissed with me off with its shitty battle mode. I would have gotten one way back during the Mario Kart editions if they had a decent battle mode, but instead it was a late life of the console purchase.

And it part the later purchase was also due to the Wii being disappointing for never using Star Fox or F-Zero or ever having a decent Star Wars game which all of those should have thrived on it.

That said WiiU Pro controller is the best I have ever fucking used (outside of 2D only controllers) and its battery last long enough I think its powered by a sacrificed soul.

I do think Nintendo has no idea who there audience is anymore though and that they lined up enough games I liked was entirely an accident.
>>
PS4 is better than Wii U, end of story
>>
It's a good anime/netflix machine.
>>
>>376684025
this
best netflix and "we have people over" machine
>>
>>376678838
It's the new Dreamcast
>>
I'm still playing Smash 4 consistently, for 2 years since it was released. And there's Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Maker. The Wii U was probably Nintendo's best when it came to replayability because of online multiplayer.
>>
>>376684353
Splatoon and MK8 are obsolete thanks to their Switch versions
>>
>>376680195

He's right, it does have them. I don't know where you're getting the idea it doesn't, but it does. Maybe you're thinking Wii U doesn't because it's using the virtual Wii's homebrew, but regardless, it still counts they're being played on the machine.
>>
/v/ is overrun by marketers
>pre-Switch
>"buy a Wii U omg it's the best, best 8th gen library, backwards compatible, full Nintendo library, who cares if it failed, etc"
>post-Switch
>"buy a Switch, it's the best, Wii U is shit, it'll get games, sales are what matters"
>>
>>376678838

NO METROID
NO BUY

NO FZERO
NO BUY

though I'm saying the same thing for the switch also.
>>
>>376678838
I dont
>>
File: 1494379561274.jpg (45KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494379561274.jpg
45KB, 284x400px
>>376678838
Easy to watch pr0n and view current events at the same time. It's specs are shit, but the design and approach made it a potentially good console. Too bad it didn't get any games.
>>
>>376678838
Miiverse
>>
>>376678838
The same reason most people here have stupid opinions on everything. For the sake of being contrarian.
>>
Some people for some reason hate nintendo games and they are not even sure why.

I don't really pay attention to them, but I hope they have fun with videogames on any other console or platform.
>>
>>376678838
Playing Gamecube games off an SD on it with Nintendon't is pretty nice.
>>
Can I play GameCube games on the gamepad and actually use the controls now?
>>
>>376687240
no
>>
File: '.jpg (105KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
105KB, 1000x1000px
>>376687483
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
>>
>>376687631
I'm not sure if its even possible, I don't think the gamepad can be used as an input in wii mode at all.
>>
I use mine for watching html5 movie streams and Amazon prime. It's pretty damn comfy movie box.
>>
>>376687776
Xenoblade can use it so it's possible. We just don't know how
>>
>>376688104
The Wii games that are available in the eshop can use it.
>>
>>376688104
Xenoblade it's in the eshop of the Wii U. You can't use the gamepad at all as a controller in wiimode, though it can be used as a miniTV. And the sensor bar it's included in the gamepad.
>>
>>376678838
Because Nintendo doesn't
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
I hated the Wii U for a while as someone who owns it but the more Nintendo kills it off the more I want to be nice to it, like a neglected stepchild you can't help but hold pity for
>>376679296
>amazing library
If I want to play arcade games I would emulate an arcade machine, the Wii U has more games that didn't show up somewhere else first
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.