[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jedi Knight Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Jedi Outcast Icon.png (22KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Outcast Icon.png
22KB, 128x128px
Every time I get sad that we'll never get another jedi knight game I reason with myself that it's probably for the best instead of just dragging it's dead corpse around until it's just a boring rehash.
I mean hell I felt even Jedi Academy was kind of pushing it.
I mean tavion just comes back and has a cult and finds a mcguffin sceptor that can give people dark side powers?
Like really?
That sounds stupid even on paper.
It would've just gotten worse if they made a 5th one.
Unless they drastically changed the plot instead of basically reusing the exact same plot the entire series used save for the very first game "Dark Forces" which is basically
>Dark Side user finds item/location that can bestow super mega death force powers"
>Don't let them get it."
You can excuse Dark Forces II for this plot since it was the first one to do it. Though I guess Outcast was forgivable since it had enough extras added in to make the plot interesting again.
Jedi Academy though is pretty hard to forgive, it had the best gameplay of the series but GOOD GOD was the plot boring.

I mean it's fun as fuck to play if you turn your brain off but otherwise it's overall a pretty boring game.

I don't know, what do you faggots think? Tell me i'm wrong or something. Maybe there's just some
>DEEP LORE
I missed that actually make JKA really interesting.
>>
>>376672521
the scepter was really no different to Kyle just dumping his power and coming back later to retrieve them. Same kinda thing.

There wasn't really any deep lore, just Rosh. I don't think anyone's discoveed the secret good side ending because nobody would miss the opportunity to stab that dickhead.
>>
Just play Movie Battles 2
>>
>>376672521
>muh story
slice up storm troopers and sith without asking questions dumbass. thats how you enjoy those games
>>
>>376673530
>I mean it's fun as fuck to play if you turn your brain off

read nigga
>>
>>376673178
I think JKA feels less boring because it's structured less like a big overarching plot but rather several smaller plots loosely tied together or to the main plot to artificially lengthen the game.

This would be fine if the smaller side plots were actually interesting but they just aren't. And when you finally return to the main plot there's only like 4 missions left. But to be fair it's not like JKA had much to work with since Desann is dead obviously and the remnants are almost completely fucked over with Galak dead, no more shadowtroopers ect. Literally all they had in JKA I think were the last scraps of the remnants, mercs and of course tavion's cultists.

It's so weird to be honest, it feels like the game's plot is rushed but at the same time the game feels too long.
>>
How does multiplayer combat in the original JKA even work? I only play MVIIm
>>
>>376673530
The problem is though YOU CAN'T ANYMORE because JKA disabled all the dismemberment save for very small things like their hands and even then it happens very rarely you'd probably never even noticed. Whereas in JKO you just input a command and every enemy falls to pieces just from touching the saber.
>>
Jedi Outcast really nailed the atmosphere of places you'd expect to exist in Star Wars.
>>
>>376673870

This. It's really too bad Disney decided to dump it in favor of the focus-tested corporate approved productions.
>>
>>376672521
>I don't know, what do you faggots think?
I'll let you know when I get to it.

>Can't run Outcast on Windows 10.
Sucks.
>>
This series just kept getting worse the more they added on to it. You might have played outcast first and had some appreciation for it, but it didn't do anything that its predecessor didn't do first, and more memorably. Well, besides look pretty. Jedi Knight was always ugly.
Jedi Academy was really stretching it though. I would have tolerated it as an expansion for Outcast, but not as its own game.
>>
>>376674005
Really? I have windows 10 and it runs just fine.

Though granted I had to download an opengl32.dll but that fixed it.
>>
>>376674210
Shit. I didn't think of doing that. Guess I can try it.
>>
>>376674109
This pretty much Outcast was forgivable in some aspects but Jedi Academy honestly just feels like DLC that they decided to make into a whole game.

And it didn't work too well.
>>
>>376674315
>>376674109
About that, Fun Fact:
You were originally planned to face Tavion a second time in the game after sparing her the first time and presumably kill her this time or it would have probably somehow ended in her death but the devs decided against it which is pretty much how JKA came to be. So you're assumption probably isn't too far off.
>>
>>376673615
>turn your brain off
that's what paying attention to a start wars action vidoe game story is doing

turning your brain on means focusing solely on gameplay and level design
>>376673754
wrong nigga
http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/175-model-dismemberment-realistic-lightsaber-combat/
>>
>>376674210
sweet thanks, this might fix it for me. GOG copy is broken and I was pissed. was going to go through the hassle of the mod where you play outcast in academys engine
>>
>>376674870
>Wrong nigga.

Except i'm not, go ahead and try it you'll most likely get a notification telling you that the command is write protected and cannot be modified.

Faggots probably slipped it in one of the recent updates for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>376675013
hahahaha wow dude, I play with full model dismemberment RIGHT NOW and your denial just proved me wrong OK bub nice try
>>
>>376675054
>hahahaha wow dude, I play with full model dismemberment RIGHT NOW and your denial just proved me wrong OK bub nice try

>Decide to go into JKA to input the command and upload screenshot of console message to be a smug asshole.

>Command works this time.
The fuck? Welp I guess that's what I get for modding the shit out of my game the last time I tried it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.