[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games that feature blatant plagiarism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: persona 6.jpg (1MB, 1990x2572px) Image search: [Google]
persona 6.jpg
1MB, 1990x2572px
What are some games that feature blatant plagiarism?
>>
don't have any exemple, but thread is interesting
>bump
>>
a good majority of the simpsons games
>>
>>376667081
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
>>
limbo of the lost
>>
Lisa stole from shenmue
>>
The Witcher
I hunger for (you)s
>>
I guess PCkeks finally got Persona 5 eh
>>
>>376669731
Sampling isn't stealing. I'd personally argue Dingaling didn't alter the source enough to make it indistinguishable when heard in his music, but it's not like there's enough damages resulting from the use of a single line of dialogue to bring action though. Games sample all the time though, multiple tracks in Earthbound, Undertale, and Lisa all use sampling. It's only an issue when it the source isn't altered, which is why it's confusing that Toby got away with ripping the Tomba 1 flower laugh and some Earthbound sound effects and putting them into his game.
>>
>>376669760

You're not wrong.
>>
>>376667081
Thanks for beta testing consolefags.
>>
>Literally who's fangame
Why is this such a hot topic of discussion? Is it because of Persona? I have never heard of this guy or his stupid hotline miami fan garbage until today.
>>
>>376667081
didn't I see this shitpost earlier today?
>>
File: Hotline Miami Wallpaper.jpg (1MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami Wallpaper.jpg
1MB, 3200x1800px
Reposting my shortened version of the PSA regarding the Midnight Animal "I traced over Persona characters and hoped no one would notice" kerfuffle:

Friendly reminder that despite Spencer Yan releasing only one single level in the last two years, there are plenty of fantastic Hotline Miami 2 Steam Workshop campaigns out there. Below are my top favorites, all include custom music/sprites and last 8 to 12 levels each.

>Madness https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846995619
>The Rooster Files https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768681272
>Pigfingers https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850835588
>Blessed Redux https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907321341
>Requiem https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819131012
>Hunter Snowfall https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853566853

Don't be stuck waiting another year just for Spencer Yan to say "yep, I'm halting progress, Midnight Animal is on a permanent hiatus" like he did once already.
>>
>>376670416
I noticed that too, I think the guy is shilling his game here
>>
>>376667081
>WHAT ARE SOME GAMES

enjoy your ban
>>
File: Hotline Miami Fan Art.jpg (108KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami Fan Art.jpg
108KB, 596x600px
>>376670416
>Literally who's fangame
Well, it is the most highly anticipated Hotline Miami fangame out there, especially considering Dennaton explained how HM3 would never happen, and gave Spencer Yan their full blessing in creating essentially a spiritual successor to the series. At the same time though, I know these threads have been reposted a few times, likely due to the absurdity of the situation, so I always try to repost my PSA about how many excellent Steam Workshop campaigns there are. So if it is indeed the creator shilling his game, the shill would be rendered ineffective, as a HM fan would rather play the six full custom campaigns I listed than wait a year for some plagiarized Hotline + Persona abomination (though I sincerely hope it does come out well.)
>>
>>376670043
>Sampling isn't stealing.
It's legal theft
>>
>>376671949
>most highly anticipated Hotline Miami fangame
I thought most of the people stopping giving a shit about HM after it took them, what? A year? To release a fucking level editor
>>
File: Hotline Miami Tattoo.jpg (1MB, 2446x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami Tattoo.jpg
1MB, 2446x3264px
>>376672631
I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with you that the full year it took for them to finally officially release the level editor (not just the beta with no workshop support) was frankly abysmal. Dennaton should never have proclaimed "level editor shortly after release" if it would be delayed that long. They also should have allowed custom music instead of forcing modders to tweak the "hm_music_desktop.wad" file to implement their own soundtrack. That being said, I had a blast playing an extra 15+ hours of HM2 with all those fanmade campaigns. There are a metric fuckton of custom levels, but the six I posted have their own soundtrack (just need to download the wad file and replace it in the game's folder) instead of repeating the overplayed HM2 tracks.
>>
>>376667081
>plagiarism of a game where a significant villain is a plagiarist
POETTERY
>>
>>376671949
>gave Spencer Yan their full blessing in creating essentially a spiritual successor to the series

really? ive always heard the complete opposite where he was making a fan sequel to hotline miami but the devs told him to stop because his game looked too much like HM so he went with an anime look instead.
it started with a generic deviantart anime style but then slowly evolved into persona rip off art style.
>>
>brainstorming HM spinoff game
>get ideas for characters, masks, story, co-op shit
>see Midnight animal
>bin my ideas since this dude seems pretty far along in his game
>see his shit crash and burn
rev up that HM2 level editor
>>
>>376674165
No, the HM devs allowed him to make a successor to Hotline Miami on the condition that he not charge money for it. The switch to anime was entirely his decision and was based on, no matter how much he wants to claim it wasn't, his girlfriend leaving him and his depression.
>>
>Claims that the game is not supposed to be like Hotline Miami
>Game is set in the Hotline Miami canon
He's trying to have his cake and eat it too, what the fuck.
>>
>>376668130
I think the developers for those knew they were just making a parody.
>>
File: 1494534596297.png (166KB, 461x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494534596297.png
166KB, 461x427px
>>376667081

Dunno OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBQPcfFJnM

FF6
>>
>>376671949
Shill your games elsewhere faggot
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.