[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play this for the first time, what should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: rdr-1.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rdr-1.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
About to play this for the first time, what should I expect?
>>
A good game.
>>
ranching

in all seriousness expect a very typical western story but with enough depth to make it good. gameplay is solid throughout. mexico is fun.

better get to playing before shitposters start sprouting though.
>>
to implores people
>>
dragging random people with a lasooo
really fun multiplayer if its alive still
>>
When you think you've come to the end, keep playing.
>>
Game is overrated dont expect much
>>
Shitty controls
Repetitive gameplay
Great setting and atmosphere
>>
John Marston dies at the end, unless you can use the repeater and mark headshots on all 21 lawmen during the last mission. That's the only way to avoid playing as Jack afterwards, so be quick!
>>
>>376656276
it's alive but a shell of its former self. there's cheaters and it's quite laggy at times.
>>376656437
why are the controls shitty? they're pretty standard and not at all hard to grasp.
>>
WHATCHOO BIN EATIN
>>
An emptier world than BotW and MGSV with repetitive missions
>>
>>376656928
hahaha is this that one faggot who argued that GTA V literally didn't qualify as a game
>>
File: 1494468552627.jpg (8KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
1494468552627.jpg
8KB, 298x169px
>>376656021
before skinning the animals park your horse on top of them, you're welcome
>>
>>376656703
literally impossible
>>
A decent game that gets insanely boring and repetitive once you get past the opening parts of Mexico. Solid 7.5 out of 10.
>>
>>376656720
Ah, misspoke. Controls are alright, movement feels like shit.
>>
>>376657337
makes more sense. I also think having to punch A/X like 90 million times to run is annoying after a while.
>>
chest high wall
>>
Cowboys can't swim.
>>
Cougars.
>>
>empty world.
>no depth to gameplay.
>good plot and characters.
>choppy framerate and below 720p res (PS3)

Basically a much less interesting GTA set in the wild west. I don't get why people overrate this game so much. JC2 came around the same time and it was much funner to fuck around on that game.
>>
>>376656021
a big desert full of everything fun you can do in a desert
>>
>>376657798
>a much less interesting GTA set in the wild west
No it's not, GTA itself isn't interesting
This one is good game by Rockstar right here
>>
Started playing this but I can't figure out how to change radio stations on the horse.
>>
>>376658147
At least explain why you think so.

I find that the sheer variety in car handling (V being an exception) and visuals present in the GTA series surpass any positive characteristic of RDR.

It's just fun to explore and find the differences between the cars, the particular areas of the cities (poor/rich neighborhoods, industrial/residential areas).

It's a bigger positive than anything RDR has to offer.
>>
>>376656021
Kino
>>
File: red dead brony.png (552KB, 700x424px) Image search: [Google]
red dead brony.png
552KB, 700x424px
>that brony mission
>>
>>376658974
Gets lonely out on the range
>>
>>376658974
>Tfw no pony gf
>>
>>376656021
Do a bunch of bounty hunter missions as soon as you can so you can get the duster outfit.
>>
>>376656703
I tried fighting them once and they killed me and i was stuck watching their idle animation
>>
>>376656021
A Butt hurt of ride so much horses.
>>
>>376656021
Amazing game that started the open world trend that Rockstar now owns.
>>
File: Object (2)-8.jpg (369KB, 982x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Object (2)-8.jpg
369KB, 982x1012px
What could be done to RDR's world to make it "less empty"
>>
>>376660454
Nothing
Quality > Quantity
>>
>>376656021
epic awesomeness
>>
gta if you replaced the entire car variety with taxis, and 20 frames per second. itll probably be fun if the last gta you played was san andreas but if youve played any modern one its kinda balls
>>
>>376660823
you can't have quality if there is nothing
>>
>>376661434
Go play skyshit then if you like quantity
>>
>>376661606
well, yeah. skyrim is more entertaining. i mean, atleast when you wander the landscape you bump into like, something, sometimes
>>
how many woman did you tie up and leave on train tracks
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.