[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

autistic things you did/do because a game rubbed off on you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: 1493739856962.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1493739856962.png
51KB, 657x527px
autistic things you did/do because a game rubbed off on you

>had to stop playing gta because it was affecting my irl driving
>>
>be younger
>play a lot of military FPS games
>honestly think i have tactical training and could be in the military without needing boot camp
>>
>Play Tales of the Abyss
>Start yelling at my mom and calling her inferior like I'm Asch
I'm ashamed of myself
>>
File: 2ouFq7k.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
2ouFq7k.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>376655296
>be younger
>adults praise me over how great my hand-eye coordination must be from playing all these hard games
>can barely operate a screwdriver irl without fucking something up
>>
>>376655208
> Be 12
> Buy sonic 06 on launch day
> Play non stop
> Run like sonic while playing football next day

I don't even want to imagine what the guys were thinking about this.
>>
File: IMG_1915.jpg (264KB, 620x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1915.jpg
264KB, 620x557px
>>376655208
>be 12
>Jak II comes out
>parents are usually really strict about ratings but they buy it for me
>feel very grown up playing it
>beat game too many times to count
>buy the Prima guide even though I know the game inside and out
>carry the manual from the game case around in my backpack just so I can be reminded of it
>make my first ever brooding Mary-Sue self insert and write fanfics about it
>and then SHOW IT TO PEOPLE
To this day I'm convinced that this obsession with Jak II was partially responsible for my being an edgy emo weeb in high school.
>>
>>376655208
When I played GTA as a 12 year old, I had nightmares of stealing cars and not knowing how to drive them properly.
>>
>>376655208
Had to stop playing unteralterbach because it was affecting my irl teaching.
>>
I sneeked around my house like sam fischer sometimes because of splinter cell.

That's it. Man you guys are fags compared to me.
>>
I started playing persona and I have to stop myself from using japanese honorifics when talking to friends
>>
File: 2109856145.png (1MB, 1083x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2109856145.png
1MB, 1083x1440px
a girl I was kind of dating broke up with me when she realized how obsessed I was with Lara. Over the course of a weekend she got into my computer and found all my Lara sfm stuff and she had printed out some fanfics I had written
>>
Avoid black people because of RE5 lol
>>
>>376655208

Drink. A lot.
>>
>>376659441
>didn't suprise you by dressing up as nu-laura and speaking in a british accent
Not a keeper.
>>
File: 1471931761014.jpg (12KB, 244x272px) Image search: [Google]
1471931761014.jpg
12KB, 244x272px
I am pretty much only introduced to other works of other media exclusively through vidya.

Examples include reading existentialist literature after finishing Automata and Childhood's End after finishing Xenogears, Clan of the Cave Bear after Chrono Trigger, Escape from New York after playing some MGS.
>>
>>376659779
I kept hinting at that she would look better as a brunette and one night she got upset and told me I was mentally abusing her because she had "body issues"
>>
>>376659768

Also I used to pretend I was Crash in the level hog wild and run around like a retard.

Also +1 I wrote a fanfiction about 'Playstation world' where all sony's mascots did shit.
>>
>>376655434
>play Tales of Symphonia
>start autisticly rambling about dwarven vows
I did this to myself.
>>
File: ab7.jpg (53KB, 1024x270px) Image search: [Google]
ab7.jpg
53KB, 1024x270px
i had to stop using voice chat with people online because i would pick up their idiosyncrasies. i stopped because someone questioned me on why i started doing something and to my great shame i realized exactly where it came from.
>>
When I first played skyrim, I played it several days in a row with minimal breaks, during which time I picked up every collectable I came across. Afterwards, I had terrible stress dreams about missing random insignificant items, and when driving to work I would see the flowers and shrubbery on the side of the rode, and my first thought would be picking them for my inventory.

I stopped playing for a while.
>>
>play Delta Force:Black Hawk Down for hours on end
>get out of a 12 hour overnight session
>still jumpy and jittery from it
>spend my next 4 hours outside frantically looking for snipers

And that's why I stopped playing military shooters. Wandering around my neighborhood, squinting in an attempt to see if there's a sniper on a hill two miles away, I finally realized I lost control of my life.
>>
>>376660092
i can never enjoy an iced capuccino to symphonia. fuck this
>>
>>376655434
ReplicaaaaAAAAAAaAaAaAaAaAaAaA
>>
>>376655208
There was some research on this. Almost all kids who played a lot of GTA would have a more aggressive driving style when they became adults. I played shit tons of GTA 3 and VC when they came out and now quite a lot GTA V. I also (and others) noticed that my driving style is quite psychotic usually.

I also grew up on the GPS in GTA which somehow also is something I always need to have in my car.
>>
>>376657121
DUDE I DID THE EXACT SAME THING
Mine was just like Daxter but with cool hair, he fell in dark eco and was on a quest to become human again.
I was also an emo weeb. We would have been best friends for sure
>>
File: 1485133428731.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485133428731.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>Minecraft all day erry day (this was indev mind, fucking eons ago)
>start seeing things in blocks when half asleep

Also attempting the yoshimitsu spin punch on laminate flooring
>>
File: 1454429292927.jpg (31KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
1454429292927.jpg
31KB, 600x524px
>>376662319
>really into minecraft
>start imagining yourself placing torches on random walls
>>
>>376660419
You should play Katamari. That's how you 100% the games.
>>
>>376662319
Same here
It was even worse in the earlier versions where shadows were just each square getting gradually darker. All you ever saw was one hard fucking square after another
>>
>>376661683
I played all of the PS2 era GTAs before driving and I drive normal. Quit blaming video games for your retarded behavior.
>>
File: Phoenix Wright (Thinking).gif (83KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Wright (Thinking).gif
83KB, 256x192px
Always when I'm thinking about something.
>>
>>376655296
anyone with endurance and patience can get through military basic in the us
>>
>>376663571
I started drinking a lot of black coffie because of that one guy at like 16

Also mia gave me a thing for milfs
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.