[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played this, is it good /v/??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Never played this, is it good /v/??
>>
>>376654495
yea
>>
>an hour later
>y-you told me this was gud, vee!!

No, fuck off and play it.
>>
>>376654495
No, not when the inevitable 1.5+2.5+2.8 will come out for the same price.
>>
>>376654495
>game that's been out for years
Why do you fucking come here? Go play video games.
>>
This is not worth it if you already own the PS3 versions right?
>>
>>376655373
The new releases has 60fps.
>>
>>376655373
the games are in 60frames, 1080p so i'd say it is worth it. they also change some trophies
>>
>>376655073
>bought 1.5 for 20 bucks sealed
>2.5 comes out buy it day one for 40
>two months later it's 20 bucks used
>this happened with almost every remastered set on PS3
>friend makes joke about how they'll be on PS4 and I'm wasting money
He wasn't wrong
>>
no, it's awful, never play those games, never EVER TOUCH THEM!
>>
>>376655478
>>376655480
Yeah, I know. But does the 60fps make the game that much more enjoyable? Last I heard they accidentally broke some reaction commands, not sure if that has been fixed yet in a patch. If the PS3 versions run at 30 vs the PS4's 60 but are relatively more bug free (read; fun to play) I don't really have an incentive to get the PS4 version for my annual playthrough.
>>
Have the patches fixed things yet, or do I have to wait another half a year?
>>
>>376656259
The PS3 versions have probems too which never got patched. PS4 is in a much better place. Not perfect, mind you, but for a casual play through you are not likely to notice anything.
>>
>>376656259
only reaction command that is slightly broken is the one in timeless river where you can jump on the tower, but you can just press triangle from a different side. the xemnas RC is the same as the ps3 version
>>
>>376656594
Could I get a quick rundown of some of these problems? Never encountered a single issue playing 1, reCoM, 2 or BBS. Maybe I just got insanely lucky, but I'd like to know for any future playthroughs if there is things I could encounter that would make me want to play the PS4 versions instead.
>>
>>376654495
Yes.
>>
>>376656837
I don't mean to make it sound like the PS3 version is in a super bad state, I should make clear. If you didn't notice anything, that's not surprising. From my experience the issues either versions have are kind of rare, and the only consistently replicatable bugs are a bit specific.

Much of what was wrong with PS4 as a result of 60 FPS had been fixed and the few issues that remain are the same things the PS3 versions had, like the first Xemnas RC freezing during Limit Form.
>>
>>376657294
Good to hear, thanks. Guess I'll wait for 1.5+2.5 to settle at a reasonable price later this year, since the PS3 versions tanked quite fast after release I'm expecting the same to happen for the PS4 bundle.
Hope the third game's release is going to be an enjoyable one to experience together with /v/. Kingdom Hearts is one of 'those' games most have had an experience with and the final game of the current saga has been awaited and discussed for over a decade.
>>
>>376654495
The remaster is buggy as fuck. If you can emulate, do that instead.

>>376655478
>>376656259
Only during gameplay. Cutscenes are 30fps which is retarded. And the bugs, so many bugs.

>>376656594
PS4 has far more bugs.
>>
>>376658526
Name them. I would like to know if you either know something I don't or are just parroting shit from the release.
>>
I'm playing this for the first time too, OP. The controls are clunky as FUCK.
>>
>>376658710
There isn't a complete guide but an anon posted these a while back.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/375331550/#375334568
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/375331550/#375334642
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/375331550/#375334743

Missing sounds, save crashes, 30fps cutscenes, and general 60fps bugs make this remaster one of the worst in my opinion. They didn't even fucking try.

And it's not like the bugs from around release were fixed right? Tere's nothing wrong with parroting them.
>>
File: 1235245586270.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
1235245586270.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>376655478
>>
>>376659259
Once you try it you can't go back. But yeah KH is fine at 30fps.
>>
>>376657294
As far as I know they still haven't fixed the save crash, which is new to the PS4 version and I can't imagine why it would be FPS related.
>>
>>376657294
>Much of what was wrong with PS4 as a result of 60 FPS had been fixed
But that's wrong, you retard.
>>
>>376658886
The parroting I'm used to seeing is a pastebin full of issues that were patched out that kept getting reposted. As far as save crashing, I have only seen a handful of individuals reporting on that and I haven't had a single crash in 60 hours. None of my friends who have played 2 to completion on PS4 have either.

30 FPS cut scenes suck.
I wouldn't notice half of the missing voice clips if I didn't watch videos about it and it doesn't affect gameplay.

I'll never argue that the PS4 versions is without its share of issues, but nothing so bad that I would recommend against it, nor would I resort to calling it one of the worst remasters.
>>
>>376659465
Pretty sure only one of the issues in that pastebin was patched though.

Most remasters are just 1:1, this is an inferior game so how is it any better than one of the worst??
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.