[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did The Old Republic do anything right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3635.gif (2MB, 225x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3635.gif
2MB, 225x165px
Did The Old Republic do anything right?
>>
incorporating single player narratives helps you immerse yourself in your character for people who don't make RP backstories for their MMO characters
>>
For a game that was blasted for being a WoW clone WoW sure is a lot like SWTOR now.
>>
It had nice graphics at the time.
>>
>>376633785

>Huttball is fun as fuck

>Old School bioware single player narrative since Knights of the Fallen Empire. Also Jedi Knight, Sith warrior and Imperial Agent have very good stories

>Innovative and fun as hell classes like the Vanguard (Powertech) and Gunslinger (Sniper) (while the others are just wow clones)

>Before the F2P option was added the High End PVE was very well done, challenging and it had some very interesting and fun battles (those 2 tanks that the tanks had to swap was amazing if both tanks were Jedis using force jump)

>Lightsabers ACTUALLY clash in real time when fighting against other lightsaber users

>Lightsabers ACTUALLY deflect blaster bolts in real time, even from behind

>PVP space battles (Fuck bombers tho)

Also special mention to 1.0 Illum. The idea was VERY GOOD but the shitty engine fucked it up and they had to redo it from 0. A total shame because the idea of a 24h PVP planet with mechs and objectives was very fun.
>>
>>376633785
It gave us some okay waifus
>>
>>376637239
>>Huttball is fun as fuck
no it wasn't, it was the worst mode
>>
>>376635220
It also ran like total shit. Idk if it still does or not because the game was a boring piece of shit
>>
If BioWare had ditched the MMO and Toy Story graphics some of the class stories would have made a decent single-player game.
>>
>you will NEVER build your first lightsaber again

The days the servers open the chat of Tythoon was flooded with "WHEN CAN I GET MY LIGHTSABER". Such good times.
>>
File: Valkorion.png (713KB, 593x781px) Image search: [Google]
Valkorion.png
713KB, 593x781px
>>376633785
Well the Sith Emperor was very handsome
>>
>>376638105
Reminded me of Atlas Park in CoH "where do I get a cape"?
>>
>>376633785
Imperial Agent storyline would have made a nice concept for a single-player game.
>>
>>376637239
I ended up going back to it a year or two back just before the newest Expansion was announced, ended up playing an Imperial Operative healer.
I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be, a lot of the hatred for it seems to be directed more towards Bioware than the actual game itself. Its improved a lot from what I remember it being like at launch, the only thing I really hate is how stingy they are with the F2P features. I had some fun with the dungeons and PvP and the story driven main questline was cool. Only ended up pugging through 1 raid though and we didn't get far.
>>
Is it worth going back to? I kinda quit after Shadow of Revan.
>>
>>376638372
That was the best storyline in that entire game.
>>
>>376638105
Been many years since I did this, or even played the game. I remember walking towards the shrine and the music slooooowly kicking in. Was pretty great honestly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.