[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid Prime 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: metroid_prime_conceptart_fSjdU.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_prime_conceptart_fSjdU.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
Metroid Prime 4

Project originally was meant to launch on Wii U late in it’s life cycle, however the team thought it better to push it back to the Switch due to the better multiplayer and portability aspects of the system.

Game’s story focuses around Sylux after he hatches and steals the metroid egg off the federation ship (Federation Force). His suit and weapon have been upgraded using metroid technology. His weapon, presumably an updated shock coil. Continuously drains the life force from targets, while restoring his own HP. Sylux goal appears to expose the corruption of the Federation and then destroy it.

Combat and movement is very different than most prime games. Primarily the game will switch between 3 different viewpoints. First person (prime viewpoint, looks much cleaner), third person (a more refined other m experience, in which you are much more agile in movement and have more acrobatic abilities, also allowed full movement of camera), and a side-scrolling viewpoint in specific areas (think super metroid with 3d environments). The goal of these three different viewpoints was to show the maximum potential of samus as a bounty hunter Metroid Prime was considered too slow, Other M not as precise and did not offer much freedom and a side scrolling viewpoint doesn’t give enough view of the world they wanted to create. The first person and third person viewpoints can be switch between at any time by pushing a button. Unlike Other M, First person mode will allow full range of movement like other prime games. Third person will allow different interaction with enemies, allowing you to grab, shoot, bomb and even throw enemies into each-other (size permitting) and finish them off with a missile. Overall third person looks very fluid, and is the viewpoint they have spent the most time refining the mechanics.
>>
Samus’s new feature in this game is to be able to absorb specific abilities from bosses, similar to how Sylux absorbed a metroid’s life stealing ability. One ability allows you to explode energy from your suit in a massive damage AOE attack, but uses all your energy tanks and recovery items that would usually be dropped by enemies are destroyed as well.

The environments of the game are extremely detailed, lighting is fantastic. The music is reminiscent of the prime series with the exception of a few tracks I’ve heard which are very different, but nonetheless seem to fit their scenes.

Multiplayer returns in the fashion of Metroid Prime 2, single joycon play not supported. Over 10 different maps, some support all viewpoints. Some are limited to just sidescrolling, or just first and third-person viewpoints. 4 player split-screen, up to 8 players wifi (requires own switch), up to 12 players lan play. Portable mode does not support split screen play.

Not sure on release date, though it looked extremely polished and close to finished. Late 2017 or Early 2018 at latest.
>>
>nintendo will never actually do anything cool with all the unique new hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters

thanks for reminding me op
>>
Please don't tease me like this
>>
OP is autistic
>>
I don't like the idea of 3 different play styles. I just want Metroid Prime with faster and more traditional FPS controls.
>>
>>376629092
So what you're saying is that they bought the FP megaman from Capcom and rebranded it as Metroid?
>>
File: Foxmile.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Foxmile.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>376629128

>Samus’s new feature in this game is to be able to absorb specific abilities from bosses, similar to how Sylux absorbed a metroid’s life stealing ability.
>>
>>376629345

>Spire will never learn what happened to his race

Best boy deserves better.
>>
>>376629985

I bet you're a ZMfag too.
>>
>>376630096
>Here, get this boost ability from a Boost Guardian!
>>
>>376630184

It's cute how retarded you are, OP.
>>
>>376630174

Don't even know what that means.
>>
File: growl.jpg (18KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
growl.jpg
18KB, 300x240px
>>376629092
>multiplayer
>>
>>376629985
I don't like ideas
>>
File: 1444521144845.gif (3KB, 281x204px) Image search: [Google]
1444521144845.gif
3KB, 281x204px
What's the best boss music in the series?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbDCF7IHoU
>>
File: 1487888447424.jpg (62KB, 739x582px) Image search: [Google]
1487888447424.jpg
62KB, 739x582px
I wish this were true
>>
File: 1420320885316.gif (143KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420320885316.gif
143KB, 300x300px
>>376629092
>>376629128

no

remember folks: if a leak has anything to do with the metroid series, it's fake.

fuck you and fuck anyone else that tries to do this leading up to e3.
>>
File: drunk.jpg (58KB, 435x449px) Image search: [Google]
drunk.jpg
58KB, 435x449px
>>376630670

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lesncaOmAiQ
>mfw beating this nigger with just the varia suit
>>
>>376629092
I've never heard a more fake leak in my entire life.

If you want to write terrible fanfiction just call it that, this board it littered with it.
>>
>>376629092
>Calls Sylux a he
This is fake, Sylux has girl hips.
>>
Why people shill Sylux this much? It was the most boring hunter in one of the worst games in the Metroid series...

They should change his name and call him SHILLUX.
>>
>>376631619
Because of the possibility it's a human rival to Samus.
>>
>>376629345
Please for the love of god put them all in for multiplayer in Prime 4, don't care if they're not in the main game. I fucking need a new Hunters since DS wifi is dead, that was the best fucking multiplayer game I've ever played
>>
>>376631619

sylux was the only hunter that could hold his own against samus in multiplayer
he had the best scripted bossfight in the story mode, even if it was still pretty lame
and then there was the teaser at the end of metroid prime 3.

It's clear that someone on the dev team loves Sylux. Maybe it's just the Japs and their love for rival characters.
>>
>>376629345
FF ending says otherwise
>>
>>376629092
Metroid Prime is dead, low sales, and Federation Force bombing killed it. Retro doesn't want to make Metroid Prime games. As a AAA series, Metroid Prime was a failure, it's time to move on. A cross platform AA 2.5D Metroid Fusion sequel for the Switch and 3DS is more realistic.
>>
>>376632396

I agree with everything but this.
> As a AAA series, Metroid Prime was a failure, it's time to move on

>A cross platform AA 2.5D Metroid Fusion sequel for the Switch and 3DS is more realistic.
And I'm happy with this.
>>
Nice 'leaks'

Here's real information on the next Metroid game: It's called Kirbytroid. It's a mini-game you unlock in the next Kirby game by scanning a Samus Amiibo.
>>
Why does everyone forget about Nintendolandtroid game we got. Obviously that's the future. Mii's were always more successful than Samus anyways.
>>
>>376632496
this retard has been shitposting in prime threads for the last 3 months stop responding to him
>>
>>376632496
>I agree with everything but this
I should have explained it better, what I meant is that for a AAA series the Prime series sales are low.
>>
niggers in space is not canonical

samus obeying the commands of a military officer is not canonical

just let metroid fucking die, the last good one was prime 1, sorry I mean AM2R
>>
>>376633279
>samus obeying the commands of a military officer is not canonical
Prime 3 and Fusion
>>
>>376633413
I think you must have misread what I wrote, because those definitely happened after prime 1
>>
>>376633478
All the prime games and Fusion are canon
>>
>>376633478

Prime and Fusion were released at the same time moron.
>>
>>376629092
>>376629128

If you were real, you would have mentioned Alexander Brandon.

Sorry, OP. No buys.
>>
>>376633478
Prime 1 and Fusion were day and date releases
>>
>>376633605
Fusion is the most recent game in the timeline, dipshit, what does the release date of the game have to do with that?
>>
>>376633804

when did you ever say anything about the timeline?
>>
>>376633971
>He thinks everyone on /v/ is the same person
Why are you arguing with yourself, in that case?
>>
>>376634057
Shut the fuck up me, Im trying to talk to myself
>>
File: 1468909956025.jpg (50KB, 420x487px) Image search: [Google]
1468909956025.jpg
50KB, 420x487px
>Rundas Ghor and Gandrayda will never be playable
>>
File: 1494374480292.png (37KB, 1310x330px) Image search: [Google]
1494374480292.png
37KB, 1310x330px
Primebabies already got their game for the decade.
When is Nintendo going to give us another mainline?

Author's note: Other M was not a mainline entry. It was a what-if/alternate Samus timeline at best.
>>
>>376635384
>When is Nintendo going to give us another mainline?
I'm hoping at E3 for the Switch and 3DS, and I hope it's a AA 2.5D game.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.