[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

ITT: We post our unpopular opinions

>MGSV is one of the best in the series, easily on par with 1 and 3.

>The Last of Us, unlike Uncharted or Nu- Raider, has ok gameplay and an actual, good, well written story. It's not the masterpiece it's hailed as, but it's a damned good experience.

>Not a single mainline SMT title is as good as Digital Devil Saga 1&2 or Persona 5

>All BioShock games are overrated trash. Not only is the gameplay horrible in all of them, but the writing is also mediocre. They're only praised for their visual design

>Red Dead Redemption is GTA in no fun allowed mode. One of the most boring games I've ever played

>All Bethesda games are complete trash for cancerous normalfags
>>
>>376626587
>They're only praised for their visual design

i don't know that this is so much of an unpopular opinion as it is just a straight up wrong one. i can find 800 articles and reviews of any of the BioShock games that talk up all aspects of it, not just visual design.
>>
I have have fun playing video games and dont need to tell people the games they like are terrible constantly.
>>
>>376626587
Kek, more like wrong opinions thread.
>>
>They're only praised for their visual design
>anon telling me what I praise about a game
>>
File: 1184629176_1428357765_o.jpg (345KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1184629176_1428357765_o.jpg
345KB, 800x500px
Dawn of War 2 is far and away the best iteration of the franchise.
>>
>>376626587
Tri Force Heroes is an awesome game and deserving of a sequel.

Old Sega is the best publisher/developer of all time.
>>
>>376626587
Normalfags who cry about fags and women in games are just as much vancer as sjw themselves. They're both giant loud assholes arguing over nothing while games are continually dragged down a path of being nickle and dimed and becoming mechanically regressive. Of course talking about such wpuld require knowing about games which the majority of loud assholes dont know jack about and can only regurgitate their counter culture opinions they hear on /v/. Fuck you anon.
>>
>>376626587
>Bloodborne is one of the best games of the last 20 years

>The Witness was GOTY 2016

>Overwatch is decent, even though I'll never be good at shooters, so I can't carry shit teams at all.

>e-sports are fine, and often actually enjoyable. StarCraft was the best one.

>Keyboard is not a good input device for games. You're working with hardware meant to write letters and documents, not control actors. Way to many un-used buttons that are awkwardly placed. Games should improve upon this.

Um... what else would trigger /v/...

>Games are a multi-disciplinary medium where visual design, audio design, aesthetic and narrative all matter just as much as gameplay ON THE WHOLE (some games emphasize one of these aspects more than the others, but no game can write them off completely and be considered as "good" as ones that deliver well in each category).
>>
Here's one of mine

>TLOU is one of the worst written stories in gaming history

Honestly, I cannot think of a more bland story that the one present in TLOU

Think of any generic zombie trope, it's in TLOU.

>Crazy old man in a booby trapped city
>Someone gets bit and hides it from the group x2
>Someone sacrifices themselves for the good of the group
>Cannibal settlement
>Someone is immune for no reason

The list goes on.

Somehow you fight 500 healthy armed men but only like 50 zombies yet the world is COMPLETELY destroyed because there's zombies..?

And the story between Joel and Ellie is especially horrendous with no proper pacing at all

It legit goes from "Rrrgh we hate each other" to "Omg we love each other now pls don't leave me" in one shot

This transition occurs when ellie shoots a guy off Joel, then, minutes later, Joel trusts her with the rifle and the entire tempo of the story changes drastically to them nearly sucking each other off

TLOU is truly a steaming pile of horseshit and I don't get why anyone praises the writing at all. Whoever wrote it clearly had no prior experience with writing at all and if they did then that's pretty pathetic work for a seasoned writer
>>
>>376628856
So I haven't played it so the writing may actually be bad
>even though you're talking about narrative direction
>The difference being the general direction of the narrative, over arching tropes that are used, and the general sequence of events
>Where as "writing" is the literally words being spoken by each character during dialog. (It's important because these are often done by different people or teams

However, you do realize how many games have -stupid- shallow narratives right? Like TLOU is probably in the top half of all games ever simply because so many games literally don't have anything past "Good guy fights bad guy just because".

Now the -writing- may actually be shit. I have no ability to judge there.
>>
The only Metal Gear Solid game I've played is MGS2. I rented the HD remake, played it up until the point when the vampire bloke showed up, then sent it back. The story was stupid and the writing was hackish and in dire need of an editor. The gameplay was OK, but it wasn't enough to make me sit through the cutscenes. I know I could have skipped the cutscenes and codec calls, but I didn't want to because I was trying to see why everyone else called the series a masterpiece. I think the problem was I was playing the game for the first time ten years after it came out as an adult, rather than as a kid back when it was new and groundbreaking.

I've played Revengeance too, I actually finished it, thought it was alright. Writing was still shit, but in a more endearing way.
>>
I don't like Super Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. I do like Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy though.
>>
>>376628856
>Think of any generic zombie trope, it's in TLOU.
Just because a game has tropes, doesn't mean it's poorly written. There's only so much original shit you can do with zombies.

>Somehow you fight 500 healthy armed men but only like 50 zombies yet the world is COMPLETELY destroyed because there's zombies..?
It's a video game. There's always going to be some dissonance between the story and the gameplay; no one cares that Carl Johnson can kill thousands of policemen and not get stopped in the street. Besides, 500 men left in a city that used to have 500,000 is enough to let things go to pot.

>And the story between Joel and Ellie is especially horrendous with no proper pacing at all
>It legit goes from "Rrrgh we hate each other" to "Omg we love each other now pls don't leave me" in one shot
>This transition occurs when ellie shoots a guy off Joel, then, minutes later, Joel trusts her with the rifle and the entire tempo of the story changes drastically to them nearly sucking each other off
From what I remember, the gaps between scenes are several weeks. Regardless, did you miss the whole surrogate father/daughter thing going on?
>>
>>376631478
>It's a video game. There's always going to be some dissonance between the story and the gameplay

Not him but that's fucking retarded, bud.

The whole goal is to create a narrative space that reinforces the gameplay, not exists in spite of it.

I'm not that anon, but I 100% agree with that.

It's one of my biggest issues with Horizon Zero Dawn. If this waifu with a bow can shit stomp war robots one after another, I'm really supposed to believe the collective military groups around the world couldn't have fought them off 1000 years ago?

>Granted they've gone 1000 years without maintenance, so they're probably in shit condition by now, but damn all their guns seem to work. You have to make excuses for the game and fill in gaps it ignores for this to make any sense.
>>
Undertale was a bonafide masterpiece and didnt deserve the hate it got
>>
>>376626587
When you really analyze everything about it from the spray mechanics, to slowing down from bullet damage, RNG at certain distances regardless of your crosshair position, hax, shit hitreg, and unbalanced weapons; CSGO is truly a bad game. However, once you come to accept that victory is determined by luck, camping, and cheese tactics more than actual skill, it becomes a fun little distraction
>>
>>376627148
DOW3 has potential. But in its current state its kinda shit
>>
DmC is one of my favorite Devil may cry games, the other being DMC3
>>
>>376626854
Hey fuck you buddy. Your game taste is absolute shit.
>>
>>376632378
I just use shotguns, SMGs and the taser. It's a lot of fun.
>>
>>376632859
Aug and Sg for me. Auto if i want some tears
>>
File: 1426301409310.gif (1000KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1426301409310.gif
1000KB, 352x288px
>>376627148
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.