[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Steambox and 2 controllers worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is a Steambox and 2 controllers worth it?
>>
Make your own decisions, retard.
>>
>>376623754
I'm seeking other people's opinions and experiences to make a more informed decision, shitstain.
>>
>>376623723
steamboxes in general are like grossly overpriced prebuilts. so you can go ahead and get it if you can afford it and want less hassle. but if you wanted you could save a lot of money building a machine yourself, putting it in your living room and connecting it via hdmi to your tv. then just use big picture mode whenever you want, or skip installing windows and put linux on it so you can run steamOS.
>>
>>376624117
Fair enough. It's probably cheaper to just do SteamOS over Windows, right?
>>
>>376625570
you'd save money but i'm too much of a pussy to deal with linux. and not all the games you play will run with linux, yet. you might want to use it for films and televison and music too if you have it connected to your tv in your living room so take that into consideration.
>>
>>376625570
You can still get authentic Windows for free if you lie.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade
>>
Strongly recommend you build it yourself. It's not hard at all, and there's tons of guides/youtube vids on it, too.

source: bought and built my first pc last year, had no idea what i was doing before i started
>>
>Prebuilt and a pair of moustrollers that doesn't do either function above average

Not really.
>>
>>376625919
>>376626006
>>376626460
Thanks guys
>>
>>376623723
Unambiguously: No.
>>
>>376625570
also keep in mind if you have a decent computer already you can just a long hdmi cable to connect your current pc to your tv and play with xbox or playstation controllers. or you can connect a laptop via hdmi to your tv and stream your games over your wifi from your desktop to your laptop and play that way- although the framerate might fuck up if your hub can't handle it so a long ethernet cable between your hub and your laptop would be even better.

so yeah it might be an idea to consider your options and what you want. are you looking to replace your current desktop? or do you have the money to spend and just want a dedicated pc for when you want to feel comfortable on the sofa? have a think
>>
>>376623723
>Steambox
No.

>2 steam controllers
Absolutely. They are great, and if you plan on playing multiplayer with a friend you NEED 2, because they beat the shit out of aiming with analog stick controllers.
>>
>>376627019
I don't have a desktop, I use my laptop for all my gaming. So it's a combination of wanting a dedicated machine for gaming that can produce good results and a leeriness of keeping my laptop open all the time while we game.
>>
>>376627780
ok well weigh up whether you want to deal with wanting to build your own pc or if you want to pay more and skip that step. it's easy when you know what you're doing but it can be stressful because you don't want to break anything. prebuilt or steambox you don't have to worry about that stuff.

my suggestion would be to either build a pc or buy a prebuilt, set it up next to your tv, have it run windows so you can browse the internet and watch streams and play games that don't run on linux. it keeps your options open if you decide you want to set it up as a desktop in the future.
>>
>>376628371
Thanks man
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.