[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made it the GOAT JRPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

What made it the GOAT JRPG?
>>
File: 250px-BoFIVBox.png (157KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-BoFIVBox.png
157KB, 250x250px
>>376618949
Right console, wrong game.
>>
>>376618949
They tried to make it like the pre 7 games.
So, the game is basically what happens when you apply new technologies to a tested formula.
Sakaguchi did the same sort of thing again later with Lost Odyssey
>>
The awful rushed plot and painfully slow and broken battle system
>>
The music
>>
>>376619208
Plot wise disc 1 through 3 is literally perfection.

The end is what ruins it.
>>
>>376619208
I agree about the plot. The queen dies too soon and then the antogonist is a literal who from out of nowhere sephiroth ripoff. Part one of the game is fantastic though.
>>
>>376618949
>let's make a game more like the classic final fantasties
>takes hour before gameplay actuallly begins
>heavy plot emphasis
>very little freedom to explore
>pace of battles are slow because the game needs a "cinematic" camera pan that wastes your time at the start of every encounter

ah yes just like the classics

FFIX is a great final fantasy game if you don't enjoy the series at all. The pacing is awful, the ability system is bad, and only half of the characters get development.
>>
>>376619403
But the start is the best part of the game.
>>
>>376618949
Soundtrack, characters, environments and battle system. Still, Chrono Trigger is better in every regard
>>
Slow as balls battles with an unskippable camera pan at the beginning of every encounter

FFIX is nigh unplayable
>>
>>376619679
>battle system
IX is my second favourite FF and even I think the battle system is shit in every possible way.
Well, except for the fact that your characters don't all end up the same in the end and actually have distinct roles.
>>
>>376619403

Have to agree with the plot emphasis, and the plot is horseshit. Its by far the most emo thing ever, fucking angel of death monkeys and paralel dimensions. It is an asspull but it was decently done, not good, just decent.

I dont mean to bash the game too bad. I love it, its great andi enjoy playing it every now and then
>>
>>376619870
I have a feeling posts like these are just underage fags who grew up in the ARPG

The battle system is fine stop being an ADD faggot
>>
>>376619935
The plot would have been so much more satisfying if it just kept the queen as the main villain.

The interdimensional bullshit is too over the top, it ruins the low fantasy feel of the game
>>
>>376619171

Lost Odyssey was a masterpiece.
>>
>>376619403
>>
>>376618949
Goat as in a meme game like goat simulator? Any game where abilities are bound to basic equipment and require grind to keep is a bad game.
>>
>>376620096
Considering there's Lv1 runs for perfect stats purposes, the game doesn't explicitly require you to grind.
>>
>>376619349
>>376619569
Disc one is retarded anime bullshit
Vivi was the only good part of IX
Tetra Master sucks, especially since it's part of the story
Who fucking cares about Kiko or Quina
>>
>Slow-ass ATB
>Freya's subplot is forgotten until the end
>Amartant is pointless
>Eiko and Quina are terrible
>Unreliable trance system over which you have no control
>Unused characters don't level up, making them useless unless you grind
>Ability system means you have very little control over your characters' customization
>Couldn't steal anything
>Command failed! Dagger couldn't concentrate
>94/100 nobles were impressed
>>
>>376620236
>Tetra Master sucks

opinion disregarded
>>
File: 076dc065_fry-squint.png (33KB, 470x132px) Image search: [Google]
076dc065_fry-squint.png
33KB, 470x132px
>>376620096

can't tell if serious
>>
>>376620072

I agree 100% with this. The story would have been way different if queen was the main antagonist. Who knows, it could have been better
>>
>>376620230
But I doubt the devs intend people to play the game with no skills after adding all these skills into the game. Challenge/speed runs are for personal satisfaction and not in any way shape or form the intended experience.
>>
>not VI
>>
>>376620072
>>376620321
Brahne was fucking retarded, she/it would have destroyed the world letting her/it act on her/its own.
>>
>>376620096

Don't listen to retards like this.

They're the autism that someone will just happen to ask a game about and that's the only person and they get an autismo response that doesn't fucking relate to anyone except a fucking few others with autism.
>>
>>376620395
No, but the simple fact that Lv1 runs exist means there's always a way to win every battle in the game without you having to forcefully grind in order to get over them, which was what you implied/directly stated.
>>
>>376620230

> lvl 1

Fucking retard autismo runners, die off.
>>
>>376620395
They definitely didn't intend for everyone to get all skills either. Most of them are situational but in no way required.
>>
>>376620671
See (>>376620623) and get out.
>>
>>376618949
The card minigame in FF9 was pretty fucking addicting.
>>
>>376620695
when i played it as a kid i didn't feel the need to get all the abilities

when i was older my autism kicked in and i had to grind them all
>>
>>376620740
>>376620623

These retards are too autismo to understand you aren't supposed to sit there like a retard autismo and try so hard everything's a joke.

Everyone, don't forget these are the retads who glitch their way to beat a record by .0secs because they're all retard autismos
>>
>>376618949
I honestly don't know why people consider it GOAT. I really like it (the world is fucking amazing, main party takes advantage of the nice variety of races, some dungeons are pretty neat) but it definitively not perfect (combat wasn't really good, the story was very weak compared to the amazing world building, some party members are pretty much pointless in the story, Freya is pointless even in her own story since Beatrix stole her spotlight and forgot to give it back after leaving the party, essentially erasing all the bad shit about the rat genocide).
>>
lack of voice acting
>>
>>376620914
>autismo
>you aren't supposed to do X, you're supposed to do Y because I say so
>something something these peoples do X glitch or something because I say so too
Leaving aside that I'm both and "autists" in Spanish isn't "autismo" (autism) but "autistas", you clearly missed my point.

The fact that there's the option to do a Lv1 run, automatically means that you DO NOT need to actually grind in order to complete the game unless you actually want to grind.
(You) can now leave.
>>
>>376621371
People don't play because they need to so I don't know what's the point of emphasizing a lvl1 run. You can play the game without the optional content but what's the point?
>>
>>376618949
My first JRPG ever so I can't get rid of the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>376621681
>what's the point of emphasizing a lvl1 run
Basically this (>>376620096):
>Any game that requires grind to keep is a bad game

That aside now I'm genuinely curious though, is there any optional content someone could skip by attempting a Lv1 Run? (not necessarily caring for the Excalibur II).
I honestly didn't stopped to think about it, right now I can only think in the items at the Treno Auction House or the Treno Cage where you have Steiner going against 1 powerful creature at different parts of the game.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.