[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so fucking wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ffxv3.png (4MB, 1912x1027px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv3.png
4MB, 1912x1027px
What went so fucking wrong?
>>
File: ffxv_empire.jpg (153KB, 1200x498px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv_empire.jpg
153KB, 1200x498px
Bumps
>>
File: ffxv strong salesjpg.jpg (123KB, 665x787px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv strong salesjpg.jpg
123KB, 665x787px
>>376616195
Nothing besides being a bit rushed towards the end, the game was really good despite that. And XV literally saved the console division of SE.
>>
>>376616598
>the game was really good despite that
it wasn't
>>
>>376616668
Yes it was.
>>
>>376616195
Game was good but flawed. Loved the ending in particular.

>>376616598
Nice to see it doing well.

>>376616668
It was.
>>
>>376616856
Why battle system and story so bad then?
>>
>>376616926
The battle system was good and story was fine, being rushed being besides the point it still had a start, middle and ending with a satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>376616926
I liked it. king Noctis is based af
>>
>>376617117
King Noctis is cool but underused as fuck. Literally 5% of the game. How is this even allowed?
>>
>>376616598
xv mostly sold well because of high expectations from a game that had 10 years of development. crediting ff15 alone for square's sales is stupid since ff14 and dq spin off/remakes contributed to it massively
>>
>>376617045
Agreed. At release its was a very good game, 8/10 imo. I am still hoping they get their shit together and fix some of the glaring flaws with dlc. I feel like XV was a 10/10 story that was told poorly. I had to go to the internet to fully understand everything. If through some of the dlc they clear the story up a bit I will like this game even more.

Once I understood everything Ardyn became my favorite final fantasy villain. I really hope the supposed Ardyn dlc makes his plan and motivations more clear in game.
>>
>>376616195
No PC release yet.
>>
>>376616195
Felt like a bungled school-project where people just goofed off 90% of the time then rushed it to completion as the deadline approached
only that they were super overfunded for it
>>
In all honesty FF XV reminds me of Diablo 2.

It was extremely highly anticipated (at the time games didn't take forever to make) and when it hit it had some decisions that I just hated.

But I grew to love it not in spite of those decisions but for them.
>>
Since its release I think FFXV went from a 7/10 game to 9/10. I'm very impressed with the updates they're giving the game, DLC aside. It would be a 10/10 for me if they fixed the camera and added new areas.
>>
>hey John, the game can be released
>wait! did we miss something? someone worked on the second half of the game
>???????
I still wonder.
>>
>>376618109
There is nothing to love in FFXV, battle system is boring and not challenging despite being flashy, story is not engaging at all. Literally fishing\photography simulator. It never gonna be loved after time has passed.
>>
>>376618226
>Since its release I think FFXV went from a 7/10 game to 9/10. I'm very impressed with the updates they're giving the game
What are you talking about? They didn't add anything meaningful to the game since release, except for fixing some technical issues.
>inb4 pointless chapter13 v2.
>>
>>376618462
>It never gonna be loved after time has passed.

I don't know. At first I was a little mad at Square for not making a straight forward rpg and instead going for -what seemed at the time- forced innovation.

But at some point it all clicks. And I loved it.
>>
Pandering to western audiences and kitchen sink game design
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.