[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a gamecube and a PS4 I just bought a used copy of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: RE4.jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
RE4.jpg
91KB, 300x425px
I have a gamecube and a PS4

I just bought a used copy of the GC version of RE4 for peanuts, and I just found out there is a remastered version on the PS4 thats pretty cheap

How many times has this shit been ported?
What is the DEFINITIVE port to play?
>>
the PC version
>>
>>376614120
the gamecube version is the only real version of the game, with the original weapon stats and graphics. all other versions of the game were just experiments for capcom to tinker with.
>>
>>376614213
failing that?
>>
>>376614650
niceeeeee, thanks broham, now i can CHILL and ENJOY this

thank
>>
>>376614650

I agree with this, although Wii and PC versions aren't bad either if you don't mind the easymode aiming. Imo it makes the game more fast paced. Having no framerate issues is also a bonus.
>>
>>376614213
the pc remastered version, NOT the previous pc release
>>
>>376614650
ps2 is better you get assignment ada and another mode i think
>>
>>376617072
no, assignment ada is in the gamecube version. that was the original mission for unlocking the CT. PS2 version introduced separate ways, but if you're a purist, it's not worth getting because it's easier and the graphics are shittier.
>>
>>376614120
There really needs to be a website that compares all the different versions of games and lists the good and bad sides of each.
>>
>>376617316
you can find FAQs that compare the gamecube and PS2 versions. unfortunately this game came out right around the time FAQs started getting shelved for gameplay footage. so i don't know if there are any newer ones.
>>
Is there any notable downsides to the PS4 port?
I played the original on GC so I don't mind not going completely purist.
>>
File: C7lKbAuVUAATZIL.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C7lKbAuVUAATZIL.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>376614650
Woah, what is this blinding light I see? Have I suddenly stumbled into a reverse imageboard that is the polar antonym of /v/? I didn't think anyone on here still knew this. Seeing the truth coming from someone else is so surreal I almost can't believe it could be real.

The PS2 and all other subsequent versions including the Wii have shat over RE4, because of the reasons this anon just said. You're supposed to play the game, and after getting through both disks, go into Pro Mode with your foreknowledge in tow but also much higher difficulty balancing the game. The non-canon versions added in a bunch of bells and whistles you can buy with your money that is just sensory overload as well as takes away from the intent of the game (yes, you can choose to get the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcher in GCN for fun but you can still die as they're not that OP in stuations). The game is also not intended to be widescreen IMHO. Separate Ways is also not canon. Neither is Assignment Ada either, but at least you are treated to the last canon cutscene in the Resident Evil franchise if you beat it.

The truest way to play RE4 has and always will be the Gamecube.
>>
>>376614120
In order from best to worst:

PC Ultimate HD version (graphics largely intact, PS2 content has excellent texture mod in the works, optional 60 FPS mode)
Wii (GC graphics + widescreen + PS2 content)
GC
PS4/Xbone ports (don't let you use the original textures unlike PC ver.)
PS2 (more content, cut down graphics, prerendered cutscenes instead of real-time like in other versions)
PC original SourceNext port (bad port of ps2 version with even more cut down graphics and control awkwardness. Has mods but texmods are lazy and cheap. Also have fun figuring in half a second what the game wants you to press when it says 3 + 4 during a QTE)
>>
>>376621563
Im usually a kbm pc master race whore when it comes to shooters but i actually thought the wii version has the best controls. Being able to aim and shoot some where thats not the center of the screen and "pre-aimming" with the wiimote while moving, popping in and out of the shooting mode and snapping off shots to the sides is soooooo fucking useful. It almost makes the game too easy.
>>
File: P_20170505_005645.jpg (949KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170505_005645.jpg
949KB, 3264x1836px
Guys I did it!
>>
>>376614120
10 ports. Best port is pc
>>
Play super HD pro remaster edition on PC or console or whatever if you want more stuff.

Play GC version if you want couple of pretty lights. Pretty sure emulating it is easy.
>>
>>376622809
this was actually the first version i played and i can't bring myself to get used to the regular controls
>>
>>376623169
Once you get use to aimming and shooting being independent of your movement direction, its really hars to go back.
>>
>>376622809
Yeah but the game is already ridiculously easy with a controller, and not everyone likes having to use a wiimote along with the extra restrictions (need to prop up sensor bar, have to stand a certain distance away from screen).
>>
>>376614120
Definitive console version is the Wii port.
>>
>>376622809
>>376623169
>>376624130
That's why the Wii version isn't good. It's more realistic in that you can pre-aim and have a widescreen to view, but being able to Perfect the Merchant's gallery after one try and 360 noscope 100 headshots doesn't make the game better. I spent hours playing the Merchant's galleries on Gamecube just for fun. It felt like testing yourself at a real gun range and sharpened your accuracy. Wii doesn't offer that mechanical challenge.
>>
>>376614650
PAL Gamecube version changed weapon stats for the better, and PS2 and beyond added Pro, which the game desperately needed. Best version is PC/PS3/360.
>>
>>376614120
so this game got non digital, retail releases on three generations now. i bet well get a boxed version for ps5 too.
>>
>>376625337
Gamecube has Pro mode. You don't know what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.