[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

Divinity Original Sin 2: Gamemaker update will be out soon
I'm thinking this will be the new way to play pen and paper RPGs, with a little work. It looks like a really versatile tool to make custom campaigns.

The new powers are pretty neet. The races are okay but the dwarves seem like a bit of an afterthought. Anyone else looking forward to it?
>>
>>376613964
I've watched a few videos and it seems solid.
>>
>>
>>376613964

Would it be worth getting to play around with? I haven't gotten the early access because I heard the campaign itself isn't even close to finished. I would have preferred they finished the actual game before working on extras like this.
>>
>>376613964
>I'm thinking this will be the new way to play pen and paper RPGs
lol
It's a nice thing, but way too muvh hassle fucking around with the menus, whereas in an avtual p&p the GM just says "orc hit by bolt" and the whole tjing is done in a second.
>>
>>376614319
They said at Pax that it is supposed to be released this year. The first act is just for testing new power and such
>>
>>376614486
But then you don't get the sweet visuals. And let's not disregard the inevitable lol futa horsecock mods that will come out eventually.
>>
>>376614486
Not replace just a different medium for those who can't sit still or need visuals
>>
>>376614319
It's on the torrents, and it's definitely worth checking out if you liked the first one or just RPGs in general
>>
>>376615071
So basically for retards?
>>
>>376615071
It would be a nice change of pace for regular dnd players that are tired of plain roll20 vistas
>>
is the game out of early access yet?

i already have a build im playing on release and i dont want to spoil myself
>>
>>376615201
I mean, they're already playing dnd so...
>>376615279
Just give it a try, brother. Test it out a bit on the first act. ;)
>>
>>376615279
No. Later this year or early next year it'll be finished
>>
File: best_controller.png (277KB, 1144x710px) Image search: [Google]
best_controller.png
277KB, 1144x710px
>>
>>376613964
Hopefully they'll make it easy to create your own skills in the toolkit.
>>
>>376615214
You can check the stream they did on twitch.
>>
>>376613964
Larian is pretty based, they have their heart in the right place.
I just wish they'd put all their focus on singleplayer, I have no friends to play with so all these co-op modes are a waste for me.
>>
>>376615653
It supports custom animations, textures and such. Which is good, because increasing g the amount of cool spells is half the draw to modding an RPG with magic
>>
>>376615860
I just want to make Warlord skills in D:OS.
>>
>>376613964
>I'm thinking this will be the new way to play pen and paper RPGs,
Top fucking kek
>>
File: Weyard.jpg (659KB, 1743x1225px) Image search: [Google]
Weyard.jpg
659KB, 1743x1225px
As long as I can make Golden Sun 2 I'll be happy desu
>>
>>376613964
If Gamemaster mode comes to Console as well as PC (highly doubtful) I might never play another game again. A lot of my friends want to play tabletops with me but hate not having a visual medium, this seems like a good middle ground. Not to mention they all loved the first game. Just a shame these friends don't have good gaming PCs.
>>
>>376615860
Where do they say that? Because in that Divine Divinity creation episode they literally say there's quite a lot of restrictions, like armor not showing up on certain models and such.
>>
>>376616718
Did none of them ever play make believe or go to church as a kid? Fuck, have some imagination you little buttnuggets

On the plus side, you don't need much of a gaming PC to run it on ultra low
>>
>>376616857
My faithful belief in modders says that.
>>
>>376616931
>implying people who need a visual cue in the first place to play make believe would take anything but the highest graphic options
>>
>>376617074
I mean beggars can't be choosers when it's still a step above closing your eyes and making mouth sounds to go with it
>>
it's funny a afterthought feature is going to be a better tool than the last actual D&D game that had the DM thing as it's main selling point.
>>
>>376617638
Yeah and it has the same benefits as them, using already existing mechanics and developing upon them. Yet what they've done so far is leagues better than the most expensive alternative out there. Sad!
>>
>>376613964
I played Divine Divinity and enjoyed it extremely, will I like Divinity: Original Sin? I heard some good things about it.
>>
>>376613964
>those system requirements
>i7 recomended

what the fuck
First game was already demanding, and it had turn based combat with 10 enemies max.
>>
>>376618152
They're not that similar aside from the more freeform skill system.
>>
>>376618207
Eh, you can take that recommendation with a grain of salt tho, it runs fine at 1440 maxed with my i5 3570k/gtx1080
>>
>>376618152
See
>>376618256
But it is a good rpg nonetheless so I recommend it for fans
>>
>>376613964
I want to play as a undead damn it
>>
>>376613964
>OS and OS2 are two of the only 4E inspired video games out there and so far the only successful ones
>It will never get credit for it
>>
>>376619364
Soon my child soon
>>
>>376616931
Doesn't help when there's (still) a social stigma against tabletop rpgs. These are all my normie friends and my brother (whom all loved Elder Scrolls and Divinity:OS1 btw) who keep telling me they wanna try D&D but won't make Roll20 accounts. It's frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>376620806
Can you imagine if they port over some dark souls type shit. A turn based souls campaign at least
>>
>>376621376
Make one for them, then when they get into it mock them for being such whiny babbies that you have to do every fucking step for their dumb asses
>>376621639
But the whole allure of souls combat is learning moves and becoming better than them
>>
>>376621376
Have you tried showing them some of the good greentext stories?
>>
>>376618857
I have phenom II 840 / GTX950
>>
Either way the Poles and Swedes pump out good rpgs
>>
>>376622280
>2017
>Phenom II

What the fuck are you doing son? Even I upgraded from that shit late 2016 and I thought I was the last one.
>>
>>376623534
Phenom II X4 and HD5750 here.
>>
Maybe they can balance the skills a bit better this time around.

Fucking archers man, broken shit.
>>
>>376623967
They super powered rouge in 2
>>
>>376623534
Saving my money and waiting for bannerlord to came out.
>>
>>376623967
Rogue is a fucking demolisher right now
>>
File: 1454935667319.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1454935667319.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>376613964
>I'm thinking this will be the new way to play pen and paper RPGs
You've either never played P&P or only played with really shit tier GMs. This is also not the first game to feature something like this.
>>
>>376624264
Well I can't deny that. Isn't that right Jerbear.
>>
>>376624023
>>376624261
Does it compete with "I'm the archer, but I'm also a wizard with access to all elements and status effects in the game, and I don't even need to waste skill books to do it; and that warrior faggot can't even knock down the backline caster before I shoot him with my knockdown consumable"?
>>
>>376624264
Finding good gms is hard. A certain mindset has to found.
>>
>>376622001
>>376620806
If there is a decent writer, someone could give it a go in the Editor.
>>
>>376624761
This. Just tried my first attempt at GMing and man do good GMs make it look easy. Thankfully it was with friends so they weren't too hard on me and my bumbling. Now we're a few sessions in and I'm more comfortable but still, it definitely takes a certain breed.
>>
>>376625019
If it's detailed enough, you could recreate the map and everything.
>>
>>376625124
i played with all kinds of GMs and Jesus some are great but others will literally kill your fucking character because you keep fucking out and about in the world.

When i get those type of assholish GM i always powergame my way to fuck with him.
>>
>>376625317
GM here, I really dislike when players do powergaming, especially ones that powergame during character creation. So annoying. If you wanted to play a board game, just say so.
>>
>>376625438
I only do so when the GMs are assholes.

I always try to RP as a peasent, bard or other stupid low power shit like that, but sometimes the party are just fucking around in a town, forest or whatever and the GM dont know how to improvise, so they start getting mad and put some shit that could potentially kill us.

Good GMs always knows how to keep players on the path while letting them fuck around in the world, they know how to improvise.
>>
>>376625317
That sounds gay as fuck. As a new GM I can understand the need to railroad a little bit, especially if you get a module and players try to do something outside of it's scope, but PKing someone for not following the storyline seems excessive.
>>
>>376626043
Most people play GM from the angle that they're in combat with your party and your party's success.

GM should be played like a parent trying to raise their children to independent adulthood through trial by fire.
>>
>>376626250
In a one-shot where the objective is to give a challenge, I can buy that mentality. But I could never do a campaign with a GM out to kill a character I painstakingly worked on and fleshed out. Which is why I only play with friends.
>>
>>376625438
It's called a role playing GAME for a reason.
>>
should I finish the first game? I've tried several times but every time I get to the second area the game turns into a crowd control circle jerk competition with the npcs and I lose interest.
>>
>>376628364
Why would you expect crowd control to not be important? It's not FF.
>>
>>376628451
it's just boring because I do the same thing every single fight.
>>
>people who fetishize tabletop
>bro you can NEVER EVER get anything as good

I've had a few hundred hours of tabletop gameplay and it was almost exclusively out of character small talk.
Immersing myself in a video game alone with headphones on is 9001 times easier and more enjoyable than gaming the system with a few other fat balding fucks while the fatest baldest fuck tries to cheat us.
>>
>>376625438
Stop running games with ivory tower bullshit.
>>
>>376625317
I routinely kill off players because they're stupid/don't know the rules.

Rogue player didn't write down his backstab modifier? Sudden critical hits from various hidden archers that popped into existence. Wizard makes an unnecessary roll? It backfires and hits him for max damage.
>>
>>376625317
When I GM, the quality of the session is dictated by how far off the path my players go. I tend to be quite good at making stuff up on the fly, so I usually let them go wherever, but they aren't a particularly driven bunch, so sometimes I have to dangle an obvious quest hook in.
>>
File: IMG_36036343929692.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_36036343929692.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
My waifu is Bairdotr she such a cutie
>>
>>376624704
No, it's more like "Watch me teleport behind this guy and mount him with the fire-hydrant strapon dildo of voidfuckery so hard his asshole turns inside out and now he's practically dragon born because his prolapsed any looks like a tail and his face is constantly contorted in eternal ass agony."
>>
>>376613964
Yeah it will be a GAME CHANGER

I need to pre ORDER this game IMMEDIATELY

Is there a good place where I can BUY this GREAT game
maker
>>
>>376629175
Dude, it's just make believe with friends. There's no reason it shouldn't be as fun as regularly hanging out with friends, but more because you have a guided story and a bunch of would you rather and such all in one. You must have some shitty friends.
>>
>>376632646
$0.00004 has been deposits into your ass.
>>
>>376620787
OS is actually fun so it can't be 4E
>>
>>376633071
Blame your DM.
>>
Fuck I only now saw this.
Already looking a shit-ton better than their original attempt in DivOS and the mess that was Sword Coast Legends. I'm excited, I've been waiting for something to replace neverwinter nights for ages.

64 player persistent worlds are probably a stretch, but this is a good first step. Maybe we'll get that kind of shit back one day.
>>
>>376622001
Well, another thing that makes the souls series attractive is the ambiguous setting and athmosphere. Converting dark souls into a DivOS2 campaign won't completely capture the feeling of playing the real thing, but I'd probably try it anyway.
>>
Are there any skills or abilities that take 2 different stats to use? Something like Strength+an element? I want to play a spellsword archetype but it always ends up just half warrior and half mage and not its own class, at least in the first one. Best examples would be something similiar to a stormlord from neverwinter nights
>>
>>376633896
>64 player persistent worlds are probably a stretch

Try shards online, they changed the name like 3 times but read up about it, its from the OG makers of UO and not that RG faggot.
>>
when is the game coming out?
>>
>>376634718
>they changed the name like 3 times
>look up shards online
>it's legends of aria now
ye ok
I remember seeing this some time ago. Could be interesting. For some reason I feel skeptical, but I can't quite tell why. Will just have to wait and see.
>>
My friends and I are so fucking hyped for this game, we wanted to do 4 player in the first OS but 2 player are stuck playing prebuilt characters.

Now we're actually thinking of adapating our actual DnD campaign into OS2 when it releases.
>>
>>376634585
Have you tried Dragons Dogma? Its best fun class is spellarcher, which has basic stuff from both classes but also combines them really well with higher level stuff. Pretty fun.
>>
>>376613964
Wait, the GM Mode is coming before the full game launches? Where did they say this?
>>
>>376637963
DivOS2 early access has been out since september, I suppose GM mode will be in an update for that soon.
>>
>>376637963
>>376638140
Parts of it are already out but nothing all that functional. Looking forward to trying it out
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.