[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 2 Remake When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 46680086-persona-2-wallpaper.png.jpg (137KB, 1008x792px) Image search: [Google]
46680086-persona-2-wallpaper.png.jpg
137KB, 1008x792px
So if you anons remember, a while back ago, Atlus put out a Japanese survey asking people what games they'd like to see from them in the future. One choice was a full Persona 2 remake. Personally, I thought that was the best choice from the list, as it'd introduce what's arguably the best story in the Persona franchise to a new generation of players while tidying up some of the game's more archaic design choices. If this thing were to happen, what would you like to see from it?
>>
>>376611306
What are you talking about? It already was remade for the PSP.
>>
>>376611450
>It already was remade for the PSP.
>tfw only Innocent Sin was released outside Japan.
>>
Since P2 is wasted potential: the game, it'd be great with a remake. The gameplay is so godamn shit in the original, so if they could just replace the battle system, it'd be worth playing.
>>
File: story1_okabe.png (141KB, 952x808px) Image search: [Google]
story1_okabe.png
141KB, 952x808px
>finish IS
>decide to wait for the Eternal Punishment port before moving on to the second part
>it never comes
>also no fan translation
>>
Personally, I'd like to see the following.

>done in the P5 engine
Mainly to save on development time. Obviously not keeping everything the same, but being able to walk around the city and dungeons (maybe scrapping the stealth options and replacing with the more traditional P3/4 field enemies)

>a fusion between P2's and P5's battle system
Bringing all-out attacks, the One More battle system, and maybe even the Baton Pass to P2 would be really cool. To compensate though, the multi-character fusion attacks and the P2 talk system should be kept in.

>scrapping the tarot card collection system
I'm not sure if this was a beloved mechanic or not, but I never found having to make demons happy to receive tarot cards to eventually gain new Personas to be that fun. I think maxing their happiness during conversations should lead to them straight up joining you a la P5. This would lead to having to rework the Velvet Room somehow though, so take that as you will

>social links, except not really
Be honest with yourself and tell me that modern players WOULDN'T want to romance Maya or Lisa. Obviously, the system wouldn't be able to work the same as modern Personas, due to not operating on a calendar system, but maybe optional, contextual "dates" with your party, and maybe the rumor-mongers and Kuzunoha Detective Agency would add a bit of new content to please new fans (and maybe old ones who want to romance Maya)

That's what I've got from the top of my head.
>>
>>376611931
Man up and play the PS1 version. It's not much worse, except some cumbersome GUI navigation.
>>
Persona games on PC when
>>
>>376612121
you can emulate everything except for P5
>>
>>376612219
And P4G
And PQ
And Arena games
>>
>>376612219
There's a shitty PS3 emulator that can run P5 too. Of course it's not really playable, but still technically emulatable.
>>
>>376612316
>And Arena games
Wasn't there some leak just recently that let you play the arcade versions on the PC?
Not that any real Persona fans are interested in that shit though.
>>
>>376612395
Oh yeah, there was, the whole framework of fighting games cabinets got leaked and P4A was one of the games
Available only in japanese though
>>
>>376611450
>Remade P1
>Kept the godawful encounter rates and the broken EXP system
>Remade P2 IS
>Kept the hilariously low difficulty and the constant encounters

I wonder how EP remake was.
>>
>>376611450
>remade
No anon, that was an enhanced port.
>>
>>376612616
Oh, so I wasn't the only one facerolling through battles? That's kind of a relief; I thought I had accidentally exploited the EXP system or something. Turned the difficulty to hard after I realized how easy battles were, and the game's STILL a walk in the park. Encounter rate's still annoying though.
>>
File: 13 - B1WhO3x.png (34KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
13 - B1WhO3x.png
34KB, 259x224px
>>376611931
Iwakura's working on the EP translation at the moment. They say that a 2017 release is possible, though a late 2018 might be more likely.
>>
>>376612616
The damned encounter rate is why IS is so easy. You get completely overleveled with millions of cash
>>
>>376611306
These topics all start the same, you just change the number of the entry.
>>
>>376613481
>Late 2018
>2 more years of waiting
What the fuck
Also what's Iwakura? Some company?
>>
>tfw no EP PSP trnaslation
>>
>>376613481
Yeah Im sure it will come out right after the SMT if.. translation 2012 is just around the corner!
>>
As long as they change the shitty combat
>>
>implying anyone cares about oldsona
The series started at 3 for a reason.
>>
File: Grilled bait.png (129KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Grilled bait.png
129KB, 625x626px
>>376614020
>>
>>376613675
Another translation group. Do you remember TradukoSoft? They handed off their work to IwakuraProductions.
>>
>>376614638
Traduko didn't do shit and I know this for a fact considering the "lead" of that "group" is a 15 year old brony attentionwhore.
>>
>>376614638
What happened to the Devil Summoner PSP translation? I heard Iwakura was involved with that.
Where do you get all your info anyway? Who are you?
>>
>>376614773
Well then Iwakura's doing most of the work then. At the end of the day, I just wanted to tell you that there's an active translation project for the game.

>>376614773
That's apparently still being worked on. And I just got this info digging through EP's translation history. I'm not a part of Iwakura if that's what you were thinking.
>>
>>376615085
Oops, first quote meant for >>376614673.
>>
>>376615085
>I'm not a part of Iwakura if that's what you were thinking.
That is what I was thinking, yes.
Shame, so your info is just second hand rumors that don't mean shit then.
>>
>>376615252
It's all posted on their website clear as day. This isn't some P2 level rumor mongering.
>>
>>376615380
Link website
>>
They already remade it, Japan still hates it because of the writer. along with Kaneko who had to say adult main character were a mistake.
>>
>>376615435
A simple Google search would've done it, but here you go.
https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/
>>
>>376615505
Pretty much this.
Japan hates P2 because of two things, Satomi Tadashi's very existence because he self inserted himself into the games AND made the protagonsit of SMT If... (Tamaki) his waifu and marry him in-game, which pissed off all the otaku that had her as their waifu.
This was strike one for which Tadashi was axed, then for Eternal Punishment, which still had Tadashi involved but his self-insert being completely erased from existence and Kaneko having more say in creative process instead, as a result of Kaneko's ideas the cast sans Tatsuya and Maya (who were already adults, though Tatsuya only borderline) was replaced by full adult cast. Again, this didn't fly with otaku because fuck adults amirite? And so Kaneko was forced into backseat role as well and taken off from working on Persona series just like Tadashi which is why starting from P3, they had a completely different team working on this particular series.

Tadashi was forced to resign and quit the company and was only contracted to come back temporarily twice after that, first to finish DDS after the original writer fell sick and couldn't write anymore, and second time to write the Tatsuya Scenario for PSP enhanced port of Eternal Punishment as it's considered disrespectful in Japan to rewrite something or write new material without original writer's consent.

Kaneko meanwhile was stopped from being involved in any creative process outside of SMT.
>>
>>376612113
I second this. I'm playing through it right now and the battles and general gameplay seems a bit faster than IS. IMO
>>
>>376616102
Felt the same way. The zooming in transitions during battles really slowed down IS.
>>
>>376612316
>>376612325
>tfw P5 will be emulatable before P4G
>>
>>376612113
Doesn't the PSP version have an extra scenario that you can only play if you have both?
>>
>>376619705
No. Tatsuya Scenario is not locked behind save import. But you do get to keep his stats, all the cards and whatnot. You also get access to a special exclusive new persona.
>>
>>376616101
>Kaneko meanwhile was stopped from being involved in any creative process outside of SMT.
That seems odd considering he seems to be MORE involved in the SMT creative process now.
>>
>>376620736
Learn to read retard.
>>
>>376620801
I understood it just fine. You phrased it as if he was relegated to his position working on mainline as if it were a punishment for doing a bad job. If that were the case it is weird he would be more involved in the creative process of Nocturne and IV if he supposedly did a bad job.
>>
>>376612121

When faggots Start buying more japano weeb shit on the pc.
>>
>>376621030
>be able to work on everything the company makes in creative position
>fuck up so hard that all otaku hate you
>get punished by no longer being able to work on anything the company makes except the one series hated by otaku
How is it so hard to wrap your head around for you?
>>
>>376621175
Dude you're a fuckign sperg. I'm sorry that I tried to discuss something with you anon.
>>
>>376616101
A yo, hold up. Wasn't the plot of Persona 2 about growing up and overcoming the distance between youth and adults along with the masks that people wear in society?

How did it have negative results?
>>
>>376622141
Otaku.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.