[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Persona games just have shitty plots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: photo_1.jpg (74KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1.jpg
74KB, 610x343px
I don't know what it is about Persona games, they just seem... boring in general. I actually quite like some of the characterization contained within the social links/confidant systems, and even some of the gameplay - but the overarching plot of every Persona game I've played (from 2 to 5) has bored the ever-loving shit out of me.

I'm not exactly sure why. Even a relatively mediocre FF game (say, 13 or 15) manages to entertain me more on a narrative level than Persona games do.

Any other anons feel the same way?
>>
the stories in persona games feel like a really dull anime, but most people who play these games probably don't watch anime so for them it feels fresh
>>
>>376609895
>>376610009
You are just unimaginative losers who are entertained by simple Western plots.
The Persona series has a flawless storyline.
>>
They bore me simply because IRL settings in general are boring to me now.
>>
>>376609895

I think it's more to do with the pacing. Even by JRPG standards the Persona games have awful, awful pacing and the narrative is constantly interrupted with side crap that rarely has much to do with the main narrative and the player cannot chose to opt out of that stuff.
>>
Because BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
>>
>>376610410
Upvoted for cool use of memes.

Remember that as much as /v/ hates more "mainstream" JRPG franchises like Final Fantasy, the SMT fanbase is the worst in the world and has a huge crossover with the ironic weeb girl twitter crowd (most of whom wouldn't be caught dead playing an FF game as it doesn't contain weeb-hipster cred).
>>
Nobody actually cares about the Persona plots. Look at what all Persona threads talk about. Persona games are best known for weeb immersion. You know, living your daily life in Japan and making relationships. Also the girls.
>>
>>376610159
This. The world in series like FF is just a lot more fantastical and escapist. Science Fantasy > "It's like I'm really Japanese!"
>>
>>376610506
>ironic weeb girl twitter crowd

Damn. This is like half of the people I follow on twitter.

They are actually a thing huh?
>>
>>376610817

Only group of girls I've met for whom I'd say rape as a punishment is deserved.
>>
>>376609895
ALL of the Persona/SMT games have horrible plots. The difference is that Persona 3-5 uses a formula that distracts the player with sidequests and goals.
>>
>>376611530
This.

And don't let the memers fool you, mainline SMT is even worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.