[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yes, Videogames Are Serious Art. This Guy’s Career Proves It.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: seriousartist.jpg (317KB, 1032x1546px) Image search: [Google]
seriousartist.jpg
317KB, 1032x1546px
http://archive.is/0fMrX

huh, y'all must feel pretty dumb now, hm? you better apologize to this serious artist, /v/!
>>
Thanks for using an archive link
>>
>>376609051

IGNORE
IT
AND
IT
WILL
GO
AWAY

AM I RITE??
>>
>Schafer wants his games to “take you on an emotional journey and let you feel for other characters and go with those characters as they go through a journey.” A great work of art, he said, “lets you experience things outside of your normal life and kind of come to know yourself better.”

did the broken age make you think about yourself, /v/? do you know yourself better after backing his crowdfunding projects?
>>
>>376609420
Yeah, they realized they were suckers who just parted with their money
>>
File: thinking_man_PNG11595.png (798KB, 1169x916px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_man_PNG11595.png
798KB, 1169x916px
>Turn that idea on its head, though, and you arrive at a Schaferian insight: even the most fleeting personal bonds established in a digital world can influence how we behave outside of games.

this Schaferian insight really made me ponder those fleeting personal bonds I had previously established in the digital world.
>>
Internet was a mistake

Nerd culture was a mistake

Giving voice to code monkeys was a mistake

>One of America's greatest living artists

This however might be true, can't think of anything remotely resembling art coming from America if you discount Pynchon and Lynch.
>>
>>376609218
You are.
>>
>>376609420
Broken Age was pretty good.

Only idiots were upset about the campaign.
>>
>>376610164
hmmm...
>>
>>376609636
Such as here on 4chan?

When once in a while you truly connect with another anon?
>>
>>376609420
Most of Shafer's games are silly comedy games though. They're basically playable cartoons. I dunno why he's acting like they're oh so deep when what people most liked about them were their humour.
>>
>>376609420
Does this mean Psychonauts 2 will be a walking simulator? Spiritual successor to Gone Home?
>>
>>376610361
If you can't make me laugh, you can't make me think.

Good humor shows vulnerability, which inturn helps the reader, viewer, or player open up.

Many people have a deeper connection with Shafer's comedies than with more "serious" games.
>>
File: 1494339525811.jpg (127KB, 649x488px) Image search: [Google]
1494339525811.jpg
127KB, 649x488px
>>376609051
>376609051
>Players had the option to tone down the profanity and outrageous gore of the fight scenes, but the gratuitous splattering of blood here was central to the artistry and Schafer’s cultural critique. In a more prosaic way, Brütal Legend also spoke to the fantasy of stepping away from our cubicles and the daily grind in order to return to some savage nature otherwise stifled by our civilized routines. It offered a critique of dullness itself.

It's nice that people like this exist
>>
>>376610276
I think it's more about the fictional "people" you meet in games

fucking and shooting the prostitutes in GTA really made me who I am in RL
>>
>>376610690
Isn't this applicable to almost every violent video game? You could say it about Call of Duty and it would be a valid outlook. There's nothing especially unique about Brutal Legend's form of escapism.
>>
>>376610490
Why would it mean that?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.