[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get a job in games journalism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: polygon-mark.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
polygon-mark.png
4KB, 200x200px
how do I get a job in games journalism?
>>
>>376607515
Ask. You think they have standards?
>>
>>376607515
Suck a few dicks, and write extremely glowing review of fabulously shitty games published by AAA studios and the indy friends of other games journalists.
>>
>>376607515
become trans
>>
>>376607515
Move to California.
>>
>>376607515
Don't be any of the following:
White.
Male.
Straight.
Somebody who actually plays video games.
>>
>>376607515
>Polygon

Well for starters you can get your genitals removed and refers to games as fun-extractors
>>
>>376608082
>>376608016
>>376607973
>>376607641

Do all of these in this order, and you've got a job, guaranteed. Those journalists are a depraved, degenerate bunch.
>>
>>376608125
Kek
>>
serious replys only please
>>
>>376607515
Become transexual.
>>
>>376608415
>transsexual
>no job in games journalism
Don't fall for this ruse
>>
>>376607515
post a video of you sucking your boyfriends dick and then write a thinkpiece about how you sucking dick relates to the story of a video game.
>>
You have to suck a lot pf dick and agree to give every nintendo game a 10/10
>>
>>376607515
Dye your hair blue and blog about feminism
>>
>be a massive leftist
>have friends in vidya journalism
>?????
>become journo fag
No degree needed. Also it really helps if you claim to be trans
>>
>>376607515

just ask yourself these 3 questions

>do i like playing videogames ?
>do i like talking about my feelings and some 1st world problems instead of talking about videogames
>do i think that my ideology is true and everybody should know about it?

if you answers are:
>no
>yes
>yes

welcome aboard
>>
>>376608082

NYC here, why the FUCK are there no game companies around this place, goddamn.
>>
>>376607515
afaik most of polygon,and kotaku and even shit like gamespot is all contracted out.

The idea of an inhouse pool of people is gone.

My idea to actually get a job in games journalism is to actually just do it yourself. If you want to review games, then just fucking do it now, and try and build a following, or at least some basis for you to show people on your resume.
>>
1.be an oppressed minority
2. Hate Donald Trump
3. Hate video games
4. Apply to polygon
>>
>>376609402
>The idea of an inhouse pool of people is gone.
ITs the opposite actually. Which is exactly the problem. Its a pool of people writing for multiple publications at once. And those who are mainly at one, still talk to the others about balancing their shit.
>>
>>376609402
how would i do it now
>>
>>376609282
>NYC
>tech industry
>>
>>376610182

What are you saying?
>>
Start a website with people from /v/ and just keep going until you all get bored.
>>
>>376607515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w
>>
>>376607515
I hear that Brash Games and Paul Ryan (not that one) are currently hiring.
>>
File: 1490872792117.png (242KB, 401x466px) Image search: [Google]
1490872792117.png
242KB, 401x466px
you know they still need someone who is good at clickbait
what good are you if nobody is talking about tabloid garbage

theres a reason why most of their bloggers are freelance
>>
Games journalist here.
in addition to
>>376608082
and depending on the company
>>376608016
You have to start a portfolio. Despite the insults in this thread if you want to work for Polygon, IGN, Kotaku or wherever you need to show you can actually write. This doesn't necessarily mean your opinions need to make sense, just that the way you present them is readable. You also need to know how to break a story. People don't want to hire someone who just writes whatever the assignment desk hands out. That's the fastest way to get picked when layoffs are happening. These days you should also be fairly strong (and fast, especially fast) at producing video content. The gaming audience as a whole tend to have pretty low reading levels, so video works better. Articles are mostly written for SEO purposes these days.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.