[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seiken Densetsu Collection on Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: seiken-densetsu-3-04-05-17-1.jpg (653KB, 1232x928px) Image search: [Google]
seiken-densetsu-3-04-05-17-1.jpg
653KB, 1232x928px
>no announced English version yet
nichegamer.com/2017/04/05/seiken-densetsu-collection-dev

>comfy as fuck quick save and color/border features
>all three classic ARPGs on one cartridge
www.warpzoned.com/2017/05/square-enix-offers-a-quick-look-at-new-features-in-secret-of-mana-collection

Are you hype /v/?
>>
>>376606732
I might pick it up eventually if the Japanese version goes on sale.
>>
>>376606732
do you honestly believe they're going to localize an entire game just for the sake of a virtual console collection?

don't delude yourself, it's going to be japan only.
>>
>>376606843
>don't delude yourself, it's going to be japan only.

The game is region-free, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>376606732
>no announced English version yet
>yet

(lol
>>
>>376606843
>do you honestly believe they're going to localize an entire game just for the sake of a virtual console collection?
it's not like they haven't done it before
>>
why would I be hype to play games I already played 15 years ago?
>>
Depending on the port job I think i'd be in for a buy. Just beat SoM like two weeks ago with the wide text patch and it was great.
>>
I doubt it's gonna happen. If anything, English release will be first two Seiken Densetsu games, and Secret of Evermore.
>>376608726
Those were smaller games, not JRPGs with huge scripts.
>>
>>376606732
>Buying a console for a game that you could play on your phone like 5 years ago
???
>>
>>376606969
Enjoy not being able to understand any of it.
>>
>>376608984
>Those were smaller games, not JRPGs with huge scripts.
Is Mother a small game?
>>
SaGa Collection with SaGa 1-3 and Romancing SaGa 1-3 when?
>>
>>376609428
Mother was already localised you fucking moron.
>>
SoM aged like shit though, is SD3 really better?

>>376609428
Mother 1 used the shitty 80's translation. They didn't even have the decency to switch giegue to giygas.
>>
>>376609115
>it's a "monoglot thinks everybody else is just as retarded as he is" episode
>>
>>376610020
>SaGa Collection with SaGa 1-3 and Romancing SaGa 1-3 when?
>SaGa
>On Nintendo consoles
>>
>>376612178
>hurr durr durr
>>
File: OPIUM.png (18KB, 484x416px) Image search: [Google]
OPIUM.png
18KB, 484x416px
>>376606732
>The Seiken Densetsu Collection will also have a music mode, allowing players to enjoy the soundtracks from the Switch home screen.

neat
>>
>>376612371
SaGa is Sony's property now buddy, all of the mainlines since RomaSaGa 3 are on Sony's consoles, even the RomaSaGa 2 and 3 remasters are on Vita and Mobile instead of Nintendo's platforms, after the SaGa 2 and 3 remakes bombed the series will never go back on Nintendo's consoles, shit, even the SaGa 1 and RomaSaGa 1 remasters were on WSC instead of the GBA.
>>
>>376611243
SD3 is a lot meatier. More replay value.

SoM has better music though, even though it's the same guy. A port or rerelease that fixes the audio channels cutting out and makes accessing the ring menu during coop less clunky would be great.
>>
>>376606732
>no Legend of Mana
At least, if it gets localized i'll shove it up my ass.
>>
>>376614583
Why would a Playstation game be on the Nintendo collection?
>>
>>376615128
Like Megaman Collection games on Playstation? Anon, the reason Legend of Mana isn't on this collection is because most people remember 1, 2 and 3 (at least in Japan, where the collection is being released).
>>
>>376614583
All mana games after 3 suck anon. All legend has is good music and artwork but everything else about the game sucks
>>
>>376606732
Just fucking emulate it, fucking retard.
>>
File: LoMwip.jpg (480KB, 1394x1476px) Image search: [Google]
LoMwip.jpg
480KB, 1394x1476px
>>376616294
I don't know about that Anon

The side scrolling beat-em-up combat is more complex than the top down style that existed in the previous games due to all the extra moves you get, even if it is still easy as fuck, but they're all easy really.
It's got huge crafting systems which the devs were nice enough to make completely optional if you don't feel like learning how to work them.
Story is freeform in a good way where you can do any, or all, of the three main plots that exist with a bunch of side quests everywhere as well.

It's basically the best game in the series.
>>
>>376612178
Literally more SaGa games are on Nintendo systems than any other
>>
>>376606732
yeah

I am now buying a switch
>>
>>376606732
at least English localization of this would make me buy a switch
>>
>>376614224
The main issue SD3 is that the stats and Light/Dark thing is never honestly explained. So going blind you can easily fuck your character up by putting points in the wrong stats and pick a Light/Dark thing that doesn't work well with those stats.
>>376606732
I hope they localize SD3 but I really don't think they will. It took a long as time for fan translators to get it to the point where they could translate since the game is such a mess of a code. And if they tried selling it with just 1 and 2 no one would really buy it because anyone who is interested in the collection in the west is for SD3.
>>
>>376614224
>SD3 is a lot meatier.
absolutely not

SoM has way more content and a much better story because the game wasn't split down 3 paths.

>More replay value.
This it has, but at a cost.

I would rank SoM and SD3 about equal, although I vastly prefer SoM
>>
>>376617051
I think the biggest problem Legend of Mana had is that for all the story, all the attention to detail and shit that it got, it's one of the most extreme examples of trial and error with vague reactions and consequences you can get without having a game that has explicit bad endings. The crafting system itself isn't really explained well if at all, and plotlines/quests that can only be picked up in certain ways with specific reasons and consequences at very particular points with absolutely no hints as to when, how, why or where.

It means there's a shitton of replayability, but also likely to scare would-be fans off because the depth of the system beyond initial impressions is like diving into an ocean without swimming gear.
>>
>>376617352
>buying a Switch for translated ROMs
>>
>>376617086
>Literally more SaGa games are on Nintendo systems than any other
If you want to play the inferior versions, sure.
Most of them aren't exclusives either except the two DS remakes and GB SaGa 2/3. And again, there hasn't been a mainline SaGa game on Nintendo consoles since 1995, and with the release of the remasters of both RomaSaGa 2 and 3 on Vita and Mobile it's pretty clear they don't want to have anything to do with Nintendo anymore.
>>
>>376617478
The story of SoM wasn't all that great to begin with, let's be honest, and the characters barely had personality most of the time.

Probably wasn't helped by the game being hacked apart to get something vaguely complete onto cartridge from the original design.
>>
>>376617743
Funny because that honestly how I felt about the leveling system of SD3. Nothing is explain or hinted at on how the stats are really divided or what the fuck Light and Dark really means.
>>
>>376606732
>Are you hype?
Not really, I couldn't get into this series. Everybody praises Secret of Mana for some reason, but I thought the game was quite mediocre gameplay-wise, at least it's got some sweet tracks here and there and those dancing merchants.

That said, I played it alone, I could see the game being bearable if you co-op with somebody.
>>
>>376606732
I only like one of those games, though.
>>
>>376617743
I actually feel it's mostly friendly than other, more popular even, games from the same era like figuring out where to go in SaGa Frontier or using the fucking crafting system from Vagrant Story.

I mean, sure it's tough to see everything Legend of Mana has to offer, but in you can only run around aimlessly for so long before it's "choo choo, all aboard the Dragon plot line train".
So it's got an easy to find conclusion for the average player, along with enough superfluous stuff to make the world seem mysterious in engaging.
>>
Was thinking about this game last night.

They should have done a full remaster but they won't because it's Nintendo and they're fucking hack/frauds.

Secret of Mana was really hampered by the Menu system. I played it with 2 friends recently and we finished it.

Every 5 seconds someone has to go into a menu, completely pause the gameplay and spam either a heal, an item or a damage spell.

What they need to do is make it so you can access stuff without pausing the gameplay.

Secet of mana 2 won't ever get localized so quit dreaming that they'll bring that over here. At most you'll be importing a Jap release. Not a huge hindrance because the game has been fan translated for ages now and you can mostly figure it out from guides.
>>
>>376606732
I wish I knew why SD3 was so fucking slow. I literally can't think of a slower ARPG than it.
>>
Anyone excited for Ever Oasis?

Same director and the way Derrick from Game Explain was describing it reminded me of a Seiken game where you switch between 3 party members and each has their own weapon with different attack animations.

The added bonus being unique traits to each character like different magic affinities IIRC.
>>
>>376618749
Why the fuck would you import roms?
>>
>>376618749
>because it's Nintendo and they're fucking hack/frauds
But Nintendo has 100% no say in the Mana series...
>>
>>376618145
>and the characters barely had personality most of the time.
Maybe the German translation was just exceptional, but I think you're wrong
>>
>>376619327
Didn't the German translation localize the sprite as a woman?
How did that turn out exactly considering one of his defining traits is that he tries to be a womanizer but fails at it.
>>
File: 1490154996060.jpg (442KB, 600x972px) Image search: [Google]
1490154996060.jpg
442KB, 600x972px
>>376606732
I hope it somehow gets localized. Physical release, too, because that case looks so nice.
>>
File: Japanese vs USA.png (561KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese vs USA.png
561KB, 600x649px
>SE is making fun of the localization of Flammie
>>
>>376618367
Not unless you or the other player is bringing up their ring menu all the time, which you'll need to use items and spells.
>>
>>376619000
It's worth a shot. I don't know how to feel about it. I guess I haven't seen much of it yet.
>>
>>376619000
I am. Honestly was interested when they first showed it off and was worried about it since we didn't get any info on the game since. But with a release date I hope it does well enough because it looks fun.
>>
>>376619000
It kinda sounds like Legend of Mana 2, based on the town-building aspect, but that's only a similarity.
>>
>>376620000
I kinda like both. The right one looks weird, though. Like a zombie dragon or something.

I really hope this game gets a release outside of Japan.
>>
>>376618749
>What they need to do is make it so you can access stuff without pausing the gameplay

This. It's a real problem. The ring menu shouldn't pause anything.
>>
>>376620000
>left: furbait
>right: something out of the likes of Golden Axe
>>
I just hope they fix/balance the games a little.
secret of mana was full of bugs and magic abuse. And they better not remove the Armet this time.
>>
>>376619542
HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL
It would be even better if they had a reversible cover containing the original artwork too.
>>
>>376606732
>paying 60 dollars for 3 roms
I wonder if nintenfags also pay for getting punched in the face
>>
I never played this game, but this song is comfy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWhXqU5keJA
>>
File: 16524897934.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16524897934.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>376609115
But I do understand it, retard.
>>
>>376622735
That sounds really good. At first I thought it was a PS1 game.
>>
>>376622621
IIRC Seiken Densetsu 3 allows for 3-player support which the original rom didn't allow unless you applied a hack/patch to it.
>>
>>376619542
man the art is nice but the color sure do hurt the eye
>>
How many times have these been released again? How many platforms can you play these on already and on emulators as well?
>>
>>376623328
Then just apply the patch you doofus
>>
>>376623735
>not wanting to but out local co-op Seiken wherever you go

Enjoy being a pleb.
>>
>>376623872
I'd rather be a pleb than a retard like you
>>
>>376623671
1st game, 3 times: Final Fantasy Adventure for gameboy, Sword of Mana for GBA, Adventures of Mana for iOS
2nd game, 2 times: Secret of Mana for SNES and iOS
3rd game, 1 time: Seiken Densetsu 3 for Super Famicom (never released in English)
>>
>>376611016
Not the Anon you're answering to but lemme refresh you the whole conversation:
(>>376608726), then (>>376608984) and then (>>376609428).

Nobody except for (You) said that Mother wasn't localized, the game was just an example of the point stated at (>>376608726), you fucking moron.
>>
Yay! What a wonderful game, it might be a bit of nostalia-izing, but it's my favorite SNES game I remember playing it at my uncles house when I was ten, I didn't understand jack shit but he had some hand-written walkthrough on a notepade text file I could use for it. I still remember how overpowered Kevin was, especially if you upgraded his class to Dark-Dark. Full screen ultimate 999 damage, yes please.

Stellar game, and at the time, the combat system was incredibly advanced. Also some of my favorite SNES musics, under Chrono Trigger's tunes.

Said uncle also had tons of weeb roms, Der Langrisser, Bahamut Lagoon, Secret of Mana 2 and 3, Chrono Trigger, all the SNES FF's... ahh good times.

This thread would probably fare better on /vr/ /v/ is a bunch of underaged shitstains that would rather circlejerk about how awful things are.
>>
>>376624230
>3rd game, 1 time: Seiken Densetsu 3 for Super Famicom (never released in English)
It has had a great fan translation for a while though.
>>
File: 1482159026881.jpg (119KB, 560x505px) Image search: [Google]
1482159026881.jpg
119KB, 560x505px
>>376606732
I recommend the 1st game if you guys like zelda clones. I had fun with it last year.

Except this part
>>
>>376624380
>This thread would probably fare better on /vr/

I doubt it.
This thread doesn't feature any of the three things that /vr/ actually likes, which are arcade shumps, arcade beat-em-ups, and the Genesis's sound chip
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.