[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the one that's finally going to bring legislation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rz-UUqQX.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rz-UUqQX.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
Is this the one that's finally going to bring legislation?
>>
>>376602798
legislation on what? All the shady things they may actually be doing if the haters are right are *already* breaking existing legislation. And if they're wrong, there's no reason to bring legislation.
>>
>>376603437
I don't think taking kikestarter money, then not delivering is considered fraud just yet. Scam citizen might change that.
>>
Nanny states have no right to exist.
The free market will fix it.
Vote with your wallet.
>>
>>376603482
Not delivering will not bring a legislation change, precisely because it's not fraud. The risks SC faces are that they may be committing actual fraud on top of that.
>>
>>376603537
>Libertarian
>>
>>376603945
That's the problem though. If kikestarter donors were investors, it would be a clear case of fraud. I'm not too familiar with the laws surrounding crowdfunding since I am not a burger, but it's not considered an investment in the same way. There is no expectation of delivery in the same way, so even if you had fraudulent intent, it would be much more difficult to prove.
>>
>>376604007
>Brainless fascist that needs adult diapers
>>
File: confusion.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.png
4KB, 500x500px
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
Budget: $90 million USD
Development team: 80
Development time: 3 years

STAR CITIZEN
Budget: $150 million USD
Development team: 268 + outsourcing for animations, voice acting
Development time: 4 years
State: 3+ years remaining until release
>>
File: 1473529933293.jpg (563KB, 2560x717px) Image search: [Google]
1473529933293.jpg
563KB, 2560x717px
Hey Star Citizen fans, can you do me a favor?

Take a look at these images of procedurally generated planets and tell me which one was made by:

1) the 268 employee company with $150 million US dollars of funding, over the course of four years

2) the 58 year old Russian astronomer, over the course of six months, in his free time away from his job
>>
>>376604163
How many of those 268 people do you think actually exist?
>>
>>376604091
>If kikestarter donors were investors
That's an useless conjecture. Not only aren't donors investors, the bulk of them didn't even donate through Kickstarter but through CIG's own shop and thus agreed to an even more lax set of rules.

>>376604216
That's the whole point of proceduralism though, that a huge team is useless, and also why the current version of the procedural stuff in SC was apparently made by one guy and started as a personal project while the hundreds of artists were busy concepting spaceships that aren't in the game.
>>
>>376604495
>while the hundreds of artists
i laugh at star citizen just like you do, but come on. No company consists of only artists.
>>
>>376604653
Indeed, but it turns out on this specific project they have tons.
>>
>>376604653
Star Citizen was leaked in its entirety back in like 2014 and there was literally nothing done except a bunch of spaceships. And more and more spaceships in half-finished state. All in what was essentially vanilla CryEngine, with the same 32-players-per-server limit. Keep in mind Star Citizen was publicly supposed to RELEASE in 2014.

All they are doing is making endlessly more ships to drum up more money to make more ships which will drum up more money. They picked CryEngine because it renders ships real pretty, but it will never, ever be an MMO engine. It would take 5x more work to gut CryEngine to be MMO-ready than it would to make an MMO engine from scratch. I can tell you unequivocally that Star Citizen is a scam.
>>
>>376604461
Do multiple schizophrenic personalities and or hallucination caused by drugs and alcohol counts?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.