[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rip Hitman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: C_hnoA1WAAEYqjL.jpg (109KB, 792x465px) Image search: [Google]
C_hnoA1WAAEYqjL.jpg
109KB, 792x465px
Square is selling io
>>
>>376601728
hitman dies to irl hitman

rip
>>
They should sell the hitman/dx ip. Hopefully it can return to harvey/Warren Spector.
>>
Did the new Hitman do poorly? It was a great game IMO. Why did they lose 5 billion ching chongs?
>>
>>376602170
>Did the new Hitman do poorly?

Yup and I'm guessing because it was episodic. Square is retarded, they give an unlimited budget for the primary gook devs and shit on franchises like hitman and deus ex.
>>
>>376602170
People were understandably wary about the release, it didn't help that they kept changing their mind every couple of months leading up to it, so people expected the worst. It reviewed averagely since you can't reasonably give an incomplete game a great score, which confirmed for a lot of people that it was bad.
>>
>>376601728
>release a niche franchise under a AAA budget
>barely market it and give it a bad business model
>the game still sells well but not 10 million copies
>can the studio that made it and the franchise
>continue to pour billions of dollars into Jap studios
Fuck Square Enix.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
I fucking miss old eidos before the merge. They published and created some of my favorite games. Same with Konami before they went full Asian Jew.

I just realized my 3 favorite franchises are fucking dead.

>Hitman
>Deus ex
>Silent Hill
>>
I unironically want bethesda to buy up both deus ex and hitman then give deus ex to Arkane and buy up io and give them a good budget for a traditional hitman game.
>>
>>376602649
>then give deus ex to Arkane

hnnnnnnngggggggg
>>
>>376602426
it really saddens me that the hitman ip was treated like that. Hitman 2016 was great with the shit budget they were given and episodic releases. Imagine what io could have done with a proper budget and a full release.
>>
>>376601728
>>376602278

Good riddance. I was afraid people will eat this episodic shit.
>>
>>376601728
Fucking bullshit. Now there's slim- if any- chance of Season2 happening. Fuck you Square. Lousy cunts.
>>
>>376603143
it's completely ogre m8. even if they did do season 2 io is gone
>>
>>376603143
>>376603180

They made games before SE and they'll make games after SE.
>>
>>376603293
square owns the hitman ip. io doesn't
>>
>Hitman
>Deus Ex
>Mass Effect

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
>>
>>376603581

They can just sell it together though, why bother keeping it when you can't even claim to have its creators on it.
>>
Hitman was never good.
>>
>>376602649
>I unironically want bethesda to buy up both deus ex and hitman
I unironically want you to kill yourself.
>>
>>376603771
You kiss your mother with that mouth?
>>
>>376603782
Only for publishing not creating. Prey,doom,dishonored, and wolfenstein turned out alright.
>>
>>376601728
>DUDE LET'S GIVE A FAIRLY NICHE FRANCHISE AN UNLIMITED BUDGET AND COMPLAIN THAT IT DOES POORLY AFTER THE SHITSHOW THAT WAS ABSOLUTION
Well what now? Deus Ex is dead, Hitman too. It's hilarious that both are SE franchises too.
>>
>>376603858
>Prey,doom,dishonored, and wolfenstein turned out alright
Don't reply to me ever again.
>>
>>376602459
Don't worry anon you are not far behind.
>>
File: 1494364755912.jpg (343KB, 1109x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1494364755912.jpg
343KB, 1109x1355px
I hope Microsoft buys them. They could use some new studios.
>>
March 31st was almost 2 months ago.
>>
>>376603782
Bethesda is the least bad publisher honestly, Square for example is very anti mod tools, while i can see Bethesda being fine with tools for DX if the devs wanted
>>
>>376604004
Based gook.
>>
>>376604004

Thats quite a strong opinion to have for someone who doesn't hate black people
>>
How did Deus Ex: MD do anyway? I didn't really follow that game, but I heard people complained that it was incomplete in some way.
>>
>>376604393
The game bombed unfortunately and SE put the series on indefinite hold. Man I really wish they sell it off to another, more competent publisher.
>>
>>376603969
who do you think should have the deus ex and hitman ip?
>>
>>376604393
Square Enix got greedy wanted to make the series into a trilogy, so they cut of the end to justify a sequel. It made the game feel incomplete and really short, so it reviewed poorly. Poor reviews = poor sales, so Square Enix decides to let the series sleep for a long time.

Rly makes u think, huh.
>>
>>376604465
the only place I would be okay with having deus ex is Arkane so harvey smith and Warren Spector can be reunited with their creation. Otherwise I would just let the series die.
>>
>>376604393
I loved HR and I didn't buy it, even.

Too overproduced. Dood sex HR's story of rising from mere security boss to getting involved in a conspiracy based on real life people snatching conspiracy was intense.

MD also ran like shit, even on my 1080, 7700k. PC m-mustard r-race.
>>
Chalk up another one for Denuvo!
>>
>>376604558
Which would mean selling the series to Bethesda as Arkane is one of their internal studios. I would be okay with that too but I'm not sure Bethesda even sees the value in Deus Ex, especially after Mankind Divided and it's horrible sales.
>>
I think HITMAN would be good with either Sega or Microsoft, maaaybe EA.

But I doubt anyone big is gonna pick them up, they're prob gonna be sold to some shitty no-name publisher who think they're getting a good deal.
>>
>>376604483
Nobody. I want video games to end.
>>
>>376604659
MD just didn't feel like an evolution of the series. Prague was cool, but the game didn't go anywhere and it was just dicking about with plotlines I didn't care about for a bunch of hours until suddenly it stopped.

Human Revolution had that whole opening with your girlfriend getting killed, coming to terms with being a cyborg, all that cool stuff. Then they tried to do it again in Mankind Divided, and it was just like "but we've already done this"
>>
>>376604659
They saw the value in fucking prey, wolfenstein, fallout and evil within. They are hungry to shit out more crap for e3.
>>
>>376604746
never reply to me again you plebeian.
>>
Source on square owning hitman IP?
>>
>>376604847
Enjoy your shitty games made for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>376604483
cdpr is the most ideal but they suck when it come to the actual "game" part.
focus home interactive because they have enough gut to publish edgy rpgs.
bethesda because arkane is the perfect studio for gameplay and level design but writing will be a major concern but they have chris avellone now so who know.
>>
>>376604961
what are you favourite games?
i have full confidence you won't reply with anything meaningful because you're a little bitch.
>>
>>376605037
Fallout 1, Deus Ex, Hitman Blood Money
>>
I love Hitman but they ruined it by being episodic. Sorry SE but I'm not going to support shit practices just because I like a series.
>>
>>376605145
>basic bitch: /v/ edition
fallout 2> fallout 1 you pleb
>>
>>376604852
They own the company that makes the game you nigger.
>>
If they were allowed to make season 2 with 6 levels i would be satisfied that the series ended with a good and complete game.
>>
>>376605218
If you're a redditor before it even existed.
>>
>>376605264
That doesn't mean they own the IP retard
>>
>>376604004

Goddamn, this bitch is hardcore.
>>
>>376601728

>new Hitman will be always online
>there will be a season 2
>Squinix kills it off after 1 year

gj
>>
>>376604004
woke as fuck
>>
one of the IOI employees replied on reddit and said that they're still working on games.
>>
>>376607309
yeah, it's been known for a while now that they've been working on their own new IP
>>
>>376605145

>blood money over 2 or Contracts

Casual newfag pleb detected
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.