[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one was the best reboot of a classic FPS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: doom wolfenstein.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
doom wolfenstein.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
Which one was the best reboot of a classic FPS?
>>
>>376601716
both were fucking terrible
>>
>>376601803
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm also a girl
>>
I liked Doom 2016 but I didn't like TNO at all.
>>
>>376601856
Sorry, I meant both were fucking classics
>>
>>376601803
t. cod shitter
>>
>>376601716

Doom easily.
TNO only added movie elements to make it more cinematic and gritty. Dual wielding isn't interesting enough by itself, and there's no movement mechanics to take advantage of. You're just shooting it till it dies and using regen on harder difficulties to stay alive. I dropped it just before the moon segment because getting in a fight was not desirable and everything was claustrophobic corridors.

While Doom did add cutscenes and annoying door opening scenes just for one way passages into locked room arenas, it did orient most of the design towards just making gameplay happen, including audio and visuals. Just double jumping around and bounce pads make kiting more fun, on top of enabling kiting due to few hitscan enemies (if any).
>>
>>376602082
you do realise the IP count increases when you post right?
>>376602130
>cod
nope, TNO is a pretty good cod clone though I'll give it that
>>
>>376601716
Wolfenstein, Doom was kidna meh.
>>
File: 1493543251401.jpg (53KB, 456x453px) Image search: [Google]
1493543251401.jpg
53KB, 456x453px
I honestly love both, I platinum ed both of them late last year, and I'm working towards 'The Old Blood'
>>
File: RTCW.jpg (23KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
RTCW.jpg
23KB, 250x301px
>>376601716
Oh, I'm sorry OP. You seem to have fucked up and posted the wrong image. While you're sucking too many dicks to do your part right I'll go post the proper image for you.
>>
Wolfenstein but I only played it for about 4 hours. It left a LOT to be desired. Doom was just straight up shit. I had enough of that in the demo. Didn't feel nice to play. One of the most visually boring games I've ever played, and it was nothing resembling Doom. It felt more like a Quake 4/Doom 3 hybrid. Something I never wanted.

The last FPS I really enjoyed was FEAR, I think. That will be why I really don't like games much anymore.
>>
WOLF:

The new order is just a cod campaign, pretty much

Awful story, characters, the gameplay was okay but SPAMMING ONE BUTTON AND LOOKING AT THE GROUND TO PICK UP 1 ARMOR AND AMMO IS NOT FUN

It also has some other issues, like the pointless under water segment, non existent level design (the places you fight in don't offer any new and interesting gameplay, it's just a medium sized room with enemies) and so on

Return to castle wolfestain is old as shit and that game is better
I don't understand the people loving the new order

DOOM:

The new doom is alright, but isn't that repayable unfortunately
The main reason is how the difficulty settings work
I actually finished the game on the hardest one, but it was just not as fun because enemy hp is so bloated that gunplay feels awful

And also just like new order, altho the level design is better, it gets kinda worse in hell

Doom also has those awful run challenges
Not fun and they ruin the pace of the game
>>
>>376601716
The Old Blood is better than The New Order.
>>
>>376602489
This game is so much better than the new order that I can't even compere the games

The new order isn't even a 1 compared to return

Such a masterpiece of a game
>>
>>376601716
The New Order was closer to RtCW so I guess that one.

New Doom is closer to Painkiller than anything else
>>
>>376601716
TNO sucked. DOOM was GOAT
>>
>>376602489
NOW we're talking
>>
TNO is pretty overrated if you ask me, they brought back the classic health system but the game still heavily relies on cover Because everything is a hitscan weapon
>>
>>376601803
>being this desperate to appear contrarian
>>
Doom and better mechanics but I vastly prefer TNO's campaign.

I think Ex-Starbreeze/MachineGames make some of the most compelling FPS Campagins ever. I love their very somber and dark style, I think it even worked with Wolfenstein.
>>
>>376601716
DOOM because it's modernized but stay true to its roots and everything is there for a reason like the one-hit-kill chainsaw and the glory kills that make it possible to fight constantly without having to hide or search for medkits and ammo in the middle of a fight, it's way better than a cover system and regenerating health. The only bad mechanics are the lockdown sequences and the majority of enemies spawning instead of being there.

TNO is just a good COD campaign, it doesn't feel too long or repetitive, there's variety in the environments, good action sequences, the weapons feels good and the "walking while the NPC do things" moments are few and far between. It's more of a good modern shooter, which are intrinsically worse than the classics, than a good reboot of a classic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.